catiii

Re: JetBlue hints at new tail design

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:14 pm

jumbojet wrote:
Personally, I think they should also consider a name change. Especially if they want to fly to Europe, something more international sounding would benefit the airline greatly. Everyone and their mother thinks of JetBlue as the little darling domestic carrier with cute little narrow body planes. From what I am hearing, A more significant rebranding might be in the works.

Right because "Delta" is so "international sounding." And as to re-branding, you have no sources and aren't hearing anything.

I'm actually surprised it took you this long to troll on in to this thread.

catiii

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:16 pm

fastmover wrote:
jumbojet wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
It's a new special livery. Aircraft has been renamed "Bluricua."

Personally, its horrible. JetBlue needs to stop acting like a legacy airline and just be the domestic low cost carrier that they are.

jumbojet wrote:
Personally, I think they should also consider a name change. Especially if they want to fly to Europe, something more international sounding would benefit the airline greatly. Everyone and their mother thinks of JetBlue as the little darling domestic carrier with cute little narrow body planes. From what I am hearing, A more significant rebranding might be in the works.

Dude pick a side. On one hand you want them to change their brand and name (yeah right) so they can fly to Europe and be more international but you also want them to “stop acting like a legacy and just be a domestic low cost carrier” pick one.

How does painting a plane make them “acting like a legacy” jetblue has a tone of different paint jobs from FDNY to NYPD or Vets in blue or Blueprint or The jets plane and so on. I don’t know if you know this but PR plays a big part in the jetblue network. We took over the empty AA terminal and have done well down there. We also have a massive amount of crewmembers from PR so this isn’t a shock and it’s a good looking plane.

Here is some work jetblue did that they never even talked about.
https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/jetblu ... enter-sju/

Now one question what is this big rebranding you are hearing about because that is news to me.

There is no big rebranding. He's making stuff up, as he usually does.

VS4ever

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:19 pm

fastmover wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
I like that classic livery too, except the tail.

I always thought jetblue could expend on its niche and capitalize on nostalgia by re-branding itself into a golden-age themed carrier. From the planes to the uniforms and service. Make the flight itself the experience.

Which is a very interesting idea. I totally agree. Mix old school/new school. Jetblue sits on tons of history at JFK with the old TWA terminal being incorporated into T5. We should capitalize on it.

They did it a little when the retro jet came out.
https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/jetblue ... e-jet-age/

What would also be nice is if we do go trans Atlantic maybe a specific Europe uniform. From what I hear it would be all mint trained FAs only so it would be cool to ramp it up even more.

I must admit I like both ideas, it would certainly separate them from the pack, although I am scared in my head why when you said specific Europe Uniform, I actually thought Lederhosen if they fly to Germany... (i'll go back into my dark corner)... But in reality, it certainly might be a really cool idea especially to help them establish a name in the European market. The balance between conformity and doing something out there is a narrow one as to how to draw your customers in, conformity allows people to feel comfortable with what they are getting, but out there, might bring in a new set of customers, especially if they had a previous bad history with TATL flights. MINT will certainly help on that front, but like you, I wonder if something a bit more aggressive and off the wall might be a wise idea here.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

727LOVER

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm kind of losing track

So the special schemes are

N531JL
N569JB
N586JB
N595JB
N598JB
N603JB
N605JB
N615JB
N709JB
N746JB
N763JB
N775JB
N779JB

...is that all of them ?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

CaptPizzaPants

Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Here's an explanation of the design:

The aircraft’s unique design is the result of a collaboration between our Brand and Graphic Design teams, as well as a special group of Crewmembers from BQN, PSE and SJU, who helped our designers understand what it means to be Puerto Rican.

So just where does the name come from? “Boricua” is a term often used to describe a Puerto Rican—and with more flights to Puerto Rico than any other airline, “Bluericua” is our playful twist. Beyond celebrating Puerto Rico, its people and its culture, our newest livery also sends a message that the island is open for business and ready to welcome visitors one year after Hurricane Maria.

BEHIND THE DESIGN

THE KITES
The kites are quintessential Puerto Rican symbols, which are flown from different origin points on the plane. The kites converge on the tail in one direction as a unified body, highlighting Puerto Rico’s unity as one island.

Single Star: Inspired by the Puerto Rican flag.
Hexagon Kite: Traditional chiringa style for Puerto Rico.
Dominoes: This is a popular game in Puerto Rico, with the double 6 being the highest tile.
Frog: The Coquí is a singing tree frog and the unofficial territorial symbol of Puerto Rico.
Hibiscus: The national flower of Puerto Rico.
Parrot: The "Iguaca" or Puerto Rican Parrot is the island's only native parrot species.
Tambourine: Music is an important part of the Puerto Rican culture.

Many in our focus group of Puerto Rican Crewmembers have fond childhood memories of flying kites, bringing friends and family together to share a carefree moment.

On Bluericua, the kites soar through the air, bringing vibrancy and life to the sky (literally!). As our special livery takes flight, the kites are carried to new places, traveling with rhythm and movement, as they dance in the wind in celebration.

THE SKYLINE
The skyline at the bottom of the aircraft’s fuselage spans from the beach and chinchorros (inexpensive bars where many locals gather) to the El Morro National Monument in San Juan, representing the island's diverse landscape. The two sides of the aircraft are designed differently, reflecting a sentiment from our Puerto Rican Crew: there’s always more to explore and discover on the island!

Runway28L
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm

727LOVER wrote:
I'm kind of losing track

N531JL
N569JB
N586JB
N595JB
N598JB
N603JB
N605JB
N615JB
N709JB
N746JB
N763JB
N775JB
N779JB

...is that all of them ?

569 no longer has the 10th Anniversary livery. It was repainted into normal colors with the new Highrise tail last winter.

You can add N304JB (Blueprint) and maybe N587JB which has that unique “Building Blocks” tailfin.

VS4ever

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Runway28L wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
I'm kind of losing track

N531JL
N569JB
N586JB
N595JB
N598JB
N603JB
N605JB
N615JB
N709JB
N746JB
N763JB
N775JB
N779JB

...is that all of them ?

569 no longer has the 10th Anniversary livery. It was repainted into normal colors with the new Highrise tail last winter.

You can add N304JB (Blueprint) and maybe N587JB which has that unique “Building Blocks” tailfin.

Is Bluemanity still out there? Can't remember the tail number sadly, but I loved that one (and flew on it), just wondered if that had since been re-painted?
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

727LOVER

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 pm

Runway28L wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
I'm kind of losing track

N531JL
N569JB
N586JB
N595JB
N598JB
N603JB
N605JB
N615JB
N709JB
N746JB
N763JB
N775JB
N779JB

...is that all of them ?

Oh yeah...forgot the E-190...LOL
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Runway28L
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:07 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Runway28L wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
I'm kind of losing track

N531JL
N569JB
N586JB
N595JB
N598JB
N603JB
N605JB
N615JB
N709JB
N746JB
N763JB
N775JB
N779JB

...is that all of them ?

Is Bluemanity still out there? Can't remember the tail number sadly, but I loved that one (and flew on it), just wondered if that had since been re-painted?

Yes, Bluemanity is still flying. :) Tail number is 598. Most recent photo date I’ve seen of it was 9 days ago.

toxtethogrady

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 pm

impilot wrote:
khinstorff wrote:
What’s the backstory of this design?

https://www.jetblue.com/vacations/curacao-vacations/

Probably more cheap advertising, similar to the dumb jetblue vacations plane.

What, getting name-checked by Chromeo, Major Lazer and "Legally Blonde" wasn't good enough?

windian425

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:21 pm

Enough with the special schemes, what JetBlue needs to do is hurry up with the restyled interiors and sharklet installations!

VS4ever

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Runway28L wrote:
Yes, Bluemanity is still flying. Tail number is 598. Most recent photo date I’ve seen of it was 9 days ago.

Awesome, i doubt I will get another chance, as I am not flying anytime soon, but thanks for confirming :)

mattlino

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:57 pm

windian425 wrote:
Enough with the special schemes, what JetBlue needs to do is hurry up with the restyled interiors and sharklet installations!

The decision was made not to continue with adding sharklets to the 320s

727LOVER

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:58 pm

Only 17 months or so until the 20th anniversary scheme ! :bouncy:

Narfish641

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:31 pm

I like the livery. It very bright and cheery. I think the did a good job on this plane.
Flew on:
SWA 737 738

mattlino

Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 am

Here is a complete list of all the specials. Most of the old tail designs are down to one on the A320s which I listed. A320s have Barcode, Blueberries, Highrise and Tartan tails. A321s only have the Prism tail and E190s have Barcode, Blueberries and Tartan only.

A320
N531JL - NYPD
N586JB - I Heart NY
N587JB - Building Blocks Tail
N595JB - Boston Celtics
N598JB - Bluemanity
N603JB - Vacations
N605JB - Boston Red Sox
N615JB - FDNY
N618JB - Bubbles Tail
N623JB - Vacations
N624JB - Mosaic Tail
N640JB - Stripes Tail
N645JB - Harlequin Tail
N652JB - Dots Tail
N662JB - Windowpane Tail
N709JB - FlyFi
N746JB - New York Jets
N763JB - Retro
N775JB - Vets In Blue
N779JB - Bluericua

A321
N942JB - 200th Aircraft

E190
N304JB - Blueprint

NearMiss

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:56 am

I think it looks good, maybe a bit too much blue on it, but again, the airline's name is JetBlue.

I like the name also, Bluerica = Boricua = People born in Puerto Rico.

Smart, if you ask me.
"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

windian425

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:59 am

mattlino wrote:
windian425 wrote:

Strange decision considering the rising costs of JETA1..

rj1385

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:52 pm

windian425 wrote:
mattlino wrote:
windian425 wrote:

I am pretty sure the cost to modify the wings is why most airlines have not been adding them. With the extra weight too, the plane has to fly for a certain length of time to actual see a cost savings. Cheaper to fly the standard planes on short segments and send the sharkleted one on the longer segments,

AA94

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm

windian425 wrote:
mattlino wrote:
windian425 wrote:

They ran the analysis. The cost of installation and the indirect cost of extended aircraft downtime has outweighed any potential cost savings via decreased fuel burn.

AA94

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:45 pm

jumbojet wrote:

Yes, because an airline named after the Mississippi River delta is quite international, for sure. Your criticism of JetBlue and often inaccurate ramblings about their strategy are more predictable than an eastern sunrise.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos