LAXLHR

Re: CONFIRMED: Air France Announces Dallas-Paris starting 2019

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:53 am

727200 wrote:
I am shocked that AF doesn't fly this route and hasn't since 9/11; a long time ago. I never checked for it just assuming they had been flying all along.

This was a no-brainer, someone in marketing at AF needs to go.

It sounds like they should hire you at AF. :lol: :roll:
BA IB ET JM EA GK PA VS AA SN HP CO W7 WN NW DL UA AC US LH LX OS JL QF QR WY MH CX U2 EK 9W UK TP VY VN LO OK OZ UL SQ LA

707 727 L10 732-NG 741 742 743 744 752 753 762 763 772 773 787 DC8 DC9 DC10 M80 M11 100 AB3 310 318 319 320 321 332 333 342 343 380

DfwRevolution

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:04 am

legend500 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Serious question, how many people from France travel to the DFW area, or might connect through DFW? The way I see it, the travel will be more lopsided the opposite way, with US based tourists traveling to Paris rather than European based tourists traveling to DFW. I assume most European travelers coming through DFW will likely be for business.

Yeah, DFW is not a huge tourist destination given its size - this sort of route will be business, which is why AF will deploy their re-cabined A333s to this DFW-CDG route. I imagine some inquiries by business helped - certainly Airbus Helicopter's plant and new training center helped, as well as Dassault and Essilor's facilities. Still, even business doesn't fully explain this, as France isn't even one of DFW's 10 largest trading partners.

I've lived the majority of my life split between Dallas and Houston. There's nothing more entertaining than a conference room full of locals giving a collective shrug when out-of-towners ask what you can do after work.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

PerfectGriffin

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:41 am

This announcement is surprising because I think most people expected all major European airlines to have been serving a major destination like Dallas for decades.

747superliner

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:44 am

Don't mean to derail this topic but according to this source, Dallas-Ft. Worth had over 2.7 million international visitors in 2016, but a good majority of them were from Mexico. A little over 263,000 were from Canada. I'm sure the Qantas flights and others draw visitors in from other countries but probably not as much, relatively speaking. I wonder what the breakdown from European countries looks like.
Last edited by 747superliner on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

mfe777
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 am

Deep Ellum has always been a draw in Dallas but has had a recent renaissance and is better than ever. Great entertainment, dining, and drinking neighborhood full of charming old buildings and shops. There’s a youth hostel there and from their reviews, it seems most of the guests come from Europe and Australia/NZ (and the reviews are very positive. Just because people up in the suburbs don’t do anything after work does not mean that there is not lively stuff to do in the urban core. I’ve had friends from all over the country visit Deep Ellum and love it. It’s really returned to being the heart and soul of the city, is walkable, and gets packed with people having a great time. Please speak for your own suburban cities you never leave rather than Dallas as a whole. A lot has changed since the last time some of you made it past 635.

Nola

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:52 pm

us330 wrote:
khinstorff wrote:
I’m wondering if this move signals a small build up of DFW by Delta. I remember there being a lot of discussion about DFW becoming a sizeable base (along with NYC) of A220 flying for the carrier. I’m definitely not saying 150+ departures, but this type of flight could be the start of that plan. Just thinking out loud.

Probably as DFW will now be connected to both DL's transpacific JV partner hub and their transatlantic JV partner hub. I think there will likely be a gradual build-up for DL where DFW becomes an RDU-like operation for them. Not a hub per se but a focus city connected to hubs and strong O&D/corporate markets.

Except they are also supposedly turning Austin into a focus city.

It would be nice to see some traffic from MSY flow through a DL focus in Texas. It would make connecting to the mountain west (DEN, LAS, etc) much easier than flying through ATL or SLC.

Antarius

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:38 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Deep Ellum has always been a draw in Dallas but has had a recent renaissance and is better than ever. Great entertainment, dining, and drinking neighborhood full of charming old buildings and shops. There’s a youth hostel there and from their reviews, it seems most of the guests come from Europe and Australia/NZ (and the reviews are very positive. Just because people up in the suburbs don’t do anything after work does not mean that there is not lively stuff to do in the urban core. I’ve had friends from all over the country visit Deep Ellum and love it. It’s really returned to being the heart and soul of the city, is walkable, and gets packed with people having a great time. Please speak for your own suburban cities you never leave rather than Dallas as a whole. A lot has changed since the last time some of you made it past 635.

Let's be real though, Dallas isn't a hopping tourist destination. And I say this having lived there (and now live in Houston - the same applies down here too)

Both incredible places to live and work and plenty to eat, drink and socialize. Deep Ellum, Bishop Arts, Lower Greenville etc. Are fun spots. But compared to the classic tourist destinations, DFW/Houston dont offer much to see.
19:SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI BNA

dfwjim1

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Antarius wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

Let's be real though, Dallas isn't a hopping tourist destination. And I say this having lived there (and now live in Houston - the same applies down here too)

Both incredible places to live and work and plenty to eat, drink and socialize. Deep Ellum, Bishop Arts, Lower Greenville etc. Are fun spots. But compared to the classic tourist destinations, DFW/Houston dont offer much to see.

Well said as I lived in the DFW area for 13 years. Great place to live but definitely not on the map for domestic and foreign tourism.

peanuts

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 pm

khinstorff wrote:
I’m wondering if this move signals a small build up of DFW by Delta. I remember there being a lot of discussion about DFW becoming a sizeable base (along with NYC) of A220 flying for the carrier. I’m definitely not saying 150+ departures, but this type of flight could be the start of that plan. Just thinking out loud.

No!
It's AUS, remember? 8-)

Kidding aside, your suggestion is not as crazy as it initially sounds. Not a hub, but as a focus city. In this economy almost anything is possible.
There are enough flyers in the DFW area that would come back to a small sized DL operation there. Their Sky Club at DFW still has a huge draw of DL customers.
Last edited by peanuts on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texdravid

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Due to geography (flat, inland plains) and politics(spiritual home of Republicanism), DFW metroplex is hardly on the radar of Europeans or other foreign nationals looking for a vacation to the US.

There’s not a thing to see in Dallas except for JFK assasinatiom tourism or Fort Worth Stock Yards.

That is the reason for the lack of foreign tails in DFW. The AA fortress is also a reason, but it is a connection airport writ large.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

peanuts

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 pm

texdravid wrote:
Due to geography (flat, inland plains) and politics(spiritual home of Republicanism), DFW metroplex is hardly on the radar of Europeans or other foreign nationals looking for a vacation to the US.

There’s not a thing to see in Dallas except for JFK assasinatiom tourism or Fort Worth Stock Yards.

That is the reason for the lack of foreign tails in DFW. The AA fortress is also a reason, but it is a connection airport writ large.

Your ignorance is astounding, really.
Get out more.

DfwRevolution

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:50 pm

mfe777 wrote:

Imagine looking down on the suburbs while holding Deep Ellum as a worldly experience. Deep Ellum is a nice, but typical urban arts and bar district. Every big city has a Deep Ellum.

dfwjim1 wrote:
Great place to live but definitely not on the map for domestic and foreign tourism.

:checkmark:
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

MIflyer12

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:05 pm

texdravid wrote:

A 2015 state report put the Western European visitor count to Texas at over 600K.

https://travel.texas.gov/tti/media/PDFs ... (11-2-2016)_1.pdf

Other geographies supplied a few visitors, too, including 125K from Australia.

ubeema

Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Can someone please chime in with something we do not yet know instead of repeating the same DFW weaknesses (i.e: tourism) area people already understand.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with AF return, DFW has nothing to lose. It’s on AF to justify their move, and we wish them success.

texdravid

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:05 pm

peanuts wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Get out more.

Dude I’m from the DFW area. I haved lived here since 1978 and seen the area grow markedly. Flat prairie into major suburbs.

However, like others have said, despite its growth, there’s hardly anything for tourists to do. DFW is an awesome place to raise a family and the job situation is good. Tourism is not.

Spare me your indignation because I know this area as well as anyone. Sorry if the truth hurts.

texdravid

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:09 pm

ubeema wrote:
Can someone please chime in with something we do not yet know instead of repeating the same DFW weaknesses (i.e: tourism) area people already understand.

Correct me if I’m wrong but with AF return, DFW has nothing to lose. It’s on AF to justify their move, and we wish them success.

We don’t know American’s response yet. Will they respond with cutthroat lower fares or increase capacity themselves?

AF has to fight the American fortress and it’s tough unless you have ties like QF and BA do.

mfe777
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:40 pm

texdravid wrote:
peanuts wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Get out more.

Dude I’m from the DFW area. I haved lived here since 1978 and seen the area grow markedly. Flat prairie into major suburbs.

However, like others have said, despite its growth, there’s hardly anything for tourists to do. DFW is an awesome place to raise a family and the job situation is good. Tourism is not.

Spare me your indignation because I know this area as well as anyone. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Again nobody said that Dallas is a tourism Mecca, but some people we’re saying that there’s nothing to do outside of work, which is absolutely false and usually comes from the ignorant mouths of suburbanites who never go into Dallas proper (they are scared) and even if they are lifelong residents of the area, still know little about Dallas outside of their suburban bubble in Plano, Arlington, Frisco, insert suburb here. That does not surprise me. Also, Dallas is not the center of conservatism, please give me the biggest break possible. It’s a firmly Democratic county (votes Dem at a higher percentage than Austin), has (well had, she is now running for governor) an elected Latina Lesbian sheriff, and a black female police chief, along with one of the largest gay communities in the south and nation at large. Again, your suburban is showing.....

The truth is that the region of DFW is not a monoculture. Every culture, idealism, color and creed are represented in volumes. Which would shock some, even lifelong DFW residents who reside in their bubbles. I’ve traveled the country, the world, so don’t chalk me down as ignorant. Deep Ellum, Uptown, Oak Lawn, and other urban neighborhoods may not be Brooklyn or whatever “must see Travel spots” but I’m fine with that for now and they are great. Brooklyn wasn’t always the tourist and culture draw that it is today, remember that. When word gets out of a cool neighborhood, there’s a price to pay for the locals when tourism drives prices up for the locals so I’m okay either way. Deep Ellum has throngs of people in the streets on nights and weekends but I forgive you for not being able to see that from your tract house in the burbs. Most urban Dallasites are young transplants of the past couple decades and are tired of the suburbs trying to define our culture. My urban Dallas neighborhood is amazing, walkable, diverse, and vibrant. The Dallas area as a whole is an immigration magnet from all over the world. Just because your hulking white bread suburb goes on for miles does not mean you can define the culture of the region by your personal experience alone, because again the region is the opposite of a monuculture. Both of our experiences are valid.

Here’s to wishing the AF flights do well! I’m in Iceland right now. Cheers from Reykjavík!

LAXdude1023

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:38 pm

texdravid wrote:
peanuts wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Get out more.

Ok, time out.

I lived in the Dallas area for 7 years. I now live in Houston. Ive said the same thing about both: they are great places to have fun if you have a reason to go but not necessarily places people would seek out by themselves. That does not make either city is boring, period. Both cities are very diverse, have great food and shopping, unique neighborhoods, and good nightlife spots. Are those things enough to bring people here from Europe by themselves? Probably not, but because the ethnic communities are huge in both and both (especially Houston) have lots of international business ties, they will have a relatively steady stream of people coming from Europe and other places. Those are the people the foreign flags typically target and the ones the cities themselves can market to.

Fort Worth and San Antonio offer the best tourist experiences in my opinion because they are the most uniquely Texan. Austin is the city that thinks its really different but isn't. Dallas and Houston are international business cities.

As for DFW being the "spiritual home of Republicanism", yes and no I suppose. Dallas City and Dallas County aren't Republican at all. Fort Worth is pretty middle of the road, but the rest of the Metroplex is certainly red. Thats not exactly unique for this section of the country through. Houston, Phoenix, Charlotte, and Atlanta follow the same trends.
"I dance and laugh among the rotten"

mfe777
Topic Author

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 pm

LAXdude1023 wrote:
texdravid wrote:
peanuts wrote:

Get out more.

As for DFW being the "spiritual home of Republicanism", yes and no I suppose. Dallas City and Dallas County aren't Republican at all. Fort Worth is pretty middle of the road, but the rest of the Metroplex is certainly red. Thats not exactly unique for this section of the country through. Houston, Phoenix, Charlotte, and Atlanta follow the same trends.

Very well said on this point! It’s split like mostly other regions, and even the suburbs are not 100% red, just split and leaning red. Especially places like Plano, Frisco and Irving that are close to majority minority status with the huge numbers of Asian and South Asian residents.

And the same can even be said about metros viewed as liberal, that once you leave city proper they become more Republican. Miami, NYC, DC, Philly, and all of the big California metros are the same. Blue centers and the more red as you get outside the city. Let’s not forget that Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, and others voted for Trump in 2016.

And even Texas as a whole is not the Republican bastion people think. It’s history has been SOLIDLY Democrat until the 1980s. Blue dog Dem, but Dem nonetheless so I can’t see how it would be the “spiritual center of Republicanism” especially when the current Republican leader was bred and raised by New York City. In the history of Texas, there have been 39 Democrat governors and only 7 Republican governors. I think Texas, and Dallas, are some of the most misunderstood and stereotyped places in the nation. I challenge people to challenge ignorance.

texdravid

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 am

Hulking white suburb. What a racist!

Such a long diatribe that says nothIng, MFE.

DFW is a huge region of north Texas that includes not just Beto O’Rourke liberal suburbs but suburbs and exurbs all the way to the Red River. Collectively, the region is strongly red, Dallas county not withstanding.

A tollway is named after George Bush the elder and GWB’s presidential library is there.

During the Bush II years, Dallas was known as his home and derided by national Democrats.

I challenge you to understand reality. People from Europe don’t see anything interesting here to visit. I have always been and always will be a DFW fan. I think DFW is one of he worlds best airports and am always wishing for international flights and destinations.
It, however, is limited by the lack of touristy sites and the cultural Mileau that is off putting to Europeans. One day all of this may change.

Demography is destiny.....

Planeflyer

Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:07 am

Paris is for lovers and Dallas is for $. Places are different, no big deal.

ro1960

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:17 am

Maybe the point of this new route is to draw people to Paris and onward, not the other way around.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

tismfu

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:39 pm

texdravid wrote:

You’re from DFW and can only list two things “to see”?! I hope when you have friends visit from out of town they meet other locals who know more about the area!

Here are some spots for any fine folk visiting from France (or elsewhere) on this new service to consider seeing when in north Texas:

• Dallas’ world-class Arts District
• Nasher (sculpture garden)
• Meadows Museum (fantastic collection of Spanish art at SMU)
• Crow Collection
• Perot Museum
• Dallas World Aquarium
• Dallas Zoo
• Audubon Center in Great Trinity Forest
• Main Street District with parks and historic buildings
• Victory (sporting events)
• Oak Cliff / Bishop Arts
• Six Flags / Arlington sport stadiums
• Arboretum
• FW Modern and Kimbell museums, amongst others
• Deep Ellum
• FW Zoo
• Water Gardens
• Mesquite Rodeo
• Sundance Square

Here’s to a successful new service by Air France.

peanuts

Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:33 pm

texdravid wrote:
peanuts wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Get out more.

Time (in this case 1978) does not fix ignorance. That much we know.
Your viewpoint is simply too extreme. The truth lies somewhere in the middle more likely.

fishmeal

Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:44 pm

For anyone not familiar with Dallas, it's hot in the summer with frequent 100 degree days and can be downright cold in the winter with snow and ice. There are a couple of rodeos around but the big one in Fort Worth occurs in February. There are parks and museum here, but I would say that overall Dallas is not pedestrian or cyclist friendly. There is a decent commuter rail system, but the vast majority of folks prefer to drive. The traffic is bad, but not like in Houston. Shopping was always a draw, but now you can buy about anything online. There are many decent restaurants and a wide variety of ethnic foods available. The Texas culinary experience should include TexMex and BBQ. If you know where to look, there is some good music being played around town. Stevie Ray Vaughan was born and evolved in Dallas, and Ray Charles lived here during his seminal early days. That about covers it. I'm very glad to have another option for our travel lust and here's hoping AF does well. Oh, and I don't have any doggies and the last time I rode a horse was in Wyoming!

FlyingSicilian

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:56 pm

fishmeal wrote:
There are parks and museum here, but I would say that overall Dallas is not pedestrian or cyclist friendly. There is a decent commuter rail system, but the vast majority of folks prefer to drive. The traffic is bad, but not like in Houston. .!

Both Dallas and Austin have worse traffic than Houston and has for a while. Texas Transport Institute run the numbers nationwide.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

FlightLevel360

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 pm

fraspotter wrote:
mfe777 wrote:
AF150: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 10:10, arrives in Dallas at 13:50;
AF159: leaves Dallas at 15:45, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 8:15.

From March 31th to June 30th and from September 4th to October 25th 2019: flights operate on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
From July 1st to September 1st: flights operate on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Source: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/news ... estination

Is it normal to have flight numbers for a turnaround flight be nonconsecutive? Figured if the flight number to DFW was 150 then the return to CDG would either be 149 or 151.

CX does this quite often: For the HKG-EWR route, the outbound is CX890, and the inbound is CX899.

Same for the new HKG-IAD flight: the outbound is CX860, and the return is CX869.
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!

us330

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:37 am

ro1960 wrote:
Maybe the point of this new route is to draw people to Paris and onward, not the other way around.

Yep. The primary goal is capture DFW area traffic heading to Europe, Africa, and the Middle East/India during the summer time--which is peak season for North Americans to head over to Europe. Skyteam and the AF/KL/DL JV will provide an alternative to existing Oneworld and Star (via LH) service. Given the booming DFW economy, the area's recent rapid population growth, and the departure of EY, AF/DL decided to try again.

ro1960

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:39 am

us330 wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

Yep. The primary goal is capture DFW area traffic heading to Europe, Africa, and the Middle East/India during the summer time--which is peak season for North Americans to head over to Europe. Skyteam and the AF/KL/DL JV will provide an alternative to existing Oneworld and Star (via LH) service. Given the booming DFW economy, the area's recent rapid population growth, and the departure of EY, AF/DL decided to try again.

The 8:15 arrival will allow connections to most French and European cities within 70 minutes. There’s a « Africa » bank from 10:30am too amongst many others. It seems like a sensible decision.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

mozart

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Located in northern Texas, Dallas is the fourth most populous metropolitan area in the United States. Known as the "Big D", it is home to one of the country's largest industrial centers. Its oil center is the most important but the city is also at the forefront in the telecommunications and banking sectors. In terms of tourism and discovery, Dallas is not just a TV series. It is also the real home of cowboys with ranches and rodeos all over the city. The Big D also attracts visitors with its cultural attractions, including many museums - including the famous 6th Floor Museum in honor of John Fitzgerald Kennedy - galleries and districts dedicated to art as well as parks scattered between the skyscrapers.

This was definitely written by someone who doesn't live in Dallas!

Fortunately. Otherwise every third word would have been « like ».

Seriously, whilst I have no issue at all with the language, the level of popular stereotyping is as bad as what Europeans usually criticise Americans of. Very poor job by AF.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

trpmb6

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:08 pm

us330 wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

Finally we have a couple posters who understand why I originally brought up the realities of the travelers who will use this route and why I think the thread title is appropriate. This is to bring NA fliers to CDG. Not the other way around. Yes, some EU travelers will use this route for business, maybe even a few tourists. But by and large this route is going to be dominated by NA fliers.

texdravid

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm

tismfu wrote:
texdravid wrote:

You’re from DFW and can only list two things “to see”?! I hope when you have friends visit from out of town they meet other locals who know more about the area!

Here are some spots for any fine folk visiting from France (or elsewhere) on this new service to consider seeing when in north Texas:

• Crow Collection
• Perot Museum
• Dallas World Aquarium
• Dallas Zoo
• Arboretum
• Deep Ellum
• FW Zoo
• Water Gardens
• Mesquite Rodeo
• Sundance Square

None of these areas or “attractions” are enough to get some tourist in France to come to DFW.
Deep Ellen? Mesquite Rodeo?

Really?

DFW and Houston metro areas are places of business and of a large amount of Indians. As such most successful destinations have DFW business connections or flights taking the large Indian diasporas back and forth are the ones that are succeeding. That and Oneworld partners like QF who need a place to send their passengers for connections beyond the west coast.

YoungDon

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:17 pm

texdravid wrote:
tismfu wrote:
texdravid wrote:

• Crow Collection
• Perot Museum
• Dallas World Aquarium
• Dallas Zoo
• Arboretum
• Deep Ellum
• FW Zoo
• Water Gardens
• Mesquite Rodeo
• Sundance Square

None of these areas or “attractions” are enough to get some tourist in France to come to DFW.
Deep Ellen? Mesquite Rodeo?

Really?

DFW and Houston metro areas are places of business and of a large amount of Indians. As such most successful destinations have DFW business connections or flights taking the large Indian diasporas back and forth are the ones that are succeeding. That and Oneworld partners like QF who need a place to send their passengers for connections beyond the west coast.

Right, like someone from France is going to be like, "let's go to Dallas! I hear they have a great aquarium there!" Laughable.

Dallas and Houston are great cities but aren't even tourist hotspots for Americans, much less foreigners. What this flight will offer is better connections for African VFR traffic than anything else available out of DFW. Smart move on the part of AF, hopefully they'll have better success this time around.

4engines4lnghll

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:02 pm

mfe777 wrote:
LAXdude1023 wrote:
texdravid wrote:

Very well said on this point! It’s split like mostly other regions, and even the suburbs are not 100% red, just split and leaning red. Especially places like Plano, Frisco and Irving that are close to majority minority status with the huge numbers of Asian and South Asian residents.

And the same can even be said about metros viewed as liberal, that once you leave city proper they become more Republican. Miami, NYC, DC, Philly, and all of the big California metros are the same. Blue centers and the more red as you get outside the city. Let’s not forget that Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, and others voted for Trump in 2016.

And even Texas as a whole is not the Republican bastion people think. It’s history has been SOLIDLY Democrat until the 1980s. Blue dog Dem, but Dem nonetheless so I can’t see how it would be the “spiritual center of Republicanism” especially when the current Republican leader was bred and raised by New York City. In the history of Texas, there have been 39 Democrat governors and only 7 Republican governors. I think Texas, and Dallas, are some of the most misunderstood and stereotyped places in the nation. I challenge people to challenge ignorance.

Lol I havent seen one Ted Cruz sign in any of the 10 biggest suburbs ive driven through in the past couple weeks. Beto Beto Beto.
As far as tourism in Dallas, theres a lot to do actually. it all cost money but still theres days load of stuff to do. you just cant be lazy and expect it to be in your face when you walk out the front door. Houston is the same way.
DFW has a large variety of foreign carriers. I'm not sure why you think it doesn't....
4engines4lnghll

OA412

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:10 pm

This thread has drifted into politics and far from the original topic.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos