Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ual763
Topic Author

Interview w/ United Management

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:29 pm

https://thepointsguy.com/news/how-unite ... a-leaders/

Lots of interesting/exciting information in this newly posted interview. It is hard for me to pick out the key points, because the article is full of them but:

1.) Expect “significant” investment to Dulles over the next few years
2.) The Mom can have 250 seats in a narrow-body configuration, as we understand it right now.
3.) Larger focus on used narrow-body aircraft vs. adding new 100 seat aircraft such as A220 & E2.
4.) We will finally be ONE airline come this October. (No split FA groups)
From flying to the NOTAM office

EA CO AS

Re: Interview w/ United Management

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Perhaps I misread this, but the reference was to the NMA having narrowbody economics, not that it would actually BE a narrowbody (although I think it should be).
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

TWA1985

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:48 pm

A 250 seat narowbody would be awfully long ...
Be Young. Be Wild. Be Free.

TWFlyGuy

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:49 pm

About a month ago I posted something about AA & UA still having merger issues compared to DL and somebody said it's been long enough and that's just an excuse. As you can see here, UA is still resolving merger stuff with FA's. As long as you can't truly run the company as one, especially something like flight crews, it creates a host of issues down stream. Not necessarily "bad" issues but if you can' do X, then you may not be able to do Y & Z which creates inefficiency, delays decisions you'd like to make, etc.

xxcr

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:10 pm

I just flew through IAD in July, and that terminal needs a of work. they need to add more seats and charging stations near the gates. Carpets need a re-fresh,IAD is my least favorite airport when it comes to UA's hubs. at the end of the day, i'm glad to see UA is investing in improving LAX and IAD.

SFOtoORD

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 pm

xxcr wrote:
I just flew through IAD in July, and that terminal needs a of work. they need to add more seats and charging stations near the gates. Carpets need a re-fresh,IAD is my least favorite airport when it comes to UA's hubs. at the end of the day, i'm glad to see UA is investing in improving LAX and IAD.

I feel like they’ve done the paint and carpet approach at least once before at IAD. I’m hoping the next round is getting aligned w MWAA on a long term terminal plan.

Coalways

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:35 am

ual763 wrote:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/how-uniteds-working-to-right-the-ship-an-interview-with-ua-leaders/

Lots of interesting/exciting information in this newly posted interview. It is hard for me to pick out the key points, because the article is full of them but:

1.) Expect “significant” investment to Dulles over the next few years
2.) The Mom can have 250 seats in a narrow-body configuration, as we understand it right now.
3.) Larger focus on used narrow-body aircraft vs. adding new 100 seat aircraft such as A220 & E2.
4.) We will finally be ONE airline come this October. (No split FA groups)

It didn’t say 250 seats in a narrow body configuration it’s stated it would have the economics of a narrows body...

The interesting thing about the NMA is in a domestic configuration. It could have 250-plus seats on board. With narrow-body economics, that would be something we’d want to evaluate very carefully.

himarhernandez

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:44 pm

I LOVE the cancellations and competitive data center. It looks like something quite handy when it comes to putting those quarterly reports out.

LifelinerOne

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

5.) We are cancelling the hideous A350, although we expanded our order just for fun.

Cheers! :wave:
Last edited by LifelinerOne on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only Those Who Sleep Don't Make Mistakes

LifelinerOne

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:51 pm

5.) We are cancelling the hideous A350, although we expanded our order just for fun.

Cheers! :wave:
Only Those Who Sleep Don't Make Mistakes

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos