797
Topic Author
Posts: 1397
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:51 am

First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:41 pm

The first Airbus A220-100 (former Bombardier CSeries CS100) for Delta Air Lines has rolled out of the paint shop at the Bombardier assembly line in Mirabel, Canada.

Image

The manufacturer claims that the plane will now move to the final assembly stage before taking off on its first test flight during this coming fall.

Estimated entry into service date for this plane is early 2019. The Atlanta-based carrier will become the first US carrier to take delivery of the Airbus A220. The first batch of A220s will be based in New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX).

More photos: https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/first-d ... paintshop/
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!
 
uta999
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:10 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Your computer just got better
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Looking at those pictures, something seemed a little "off". Took me a couple of minutes to realize that the winglets are yet to be fitted.

Regardless, what a beautiful looking aircraft!
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190
 
N292UX
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:08 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Well the CS100 without winglets looks a lot like a SSJ100.

It looks great, regardless!
 
Deltabravo1123
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Those last two pictures in the link are the same pictures that were posted on here a few weeks back...and people were saying that they were photoshopped. Am I wrong?
 
User avatar
BobMUC
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:16 pm

Image

Just that you don’t have to switch to another site...
 
User avatar
BobMUC
Posts: 1023
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
Those last two pictures in the link are the same pictures that were posted on here a few weeks back...and people were saying that they were photoshopped. Am I wrong?


Maybe photoshopped from Airbus... ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BntKoyYBKKJ ... cl2qr4what
 
Speedalive
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm

What a fine looking aircraft! Looking forward to seeing how it wear's AC's paint..
Aircraft flown:
i) in the front seat: Z42, C172, C182, C240, PA34, TBM9;
ii) as pax: BE20, LJ35, DH8A/C/D, DC93, E190, A319/20/21, B736/7/8, B762/3
 
User avatar
BlueSky1976
Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:18 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Wonderful! She's a beauty!
Rule #1: Never trust your government. EVER.
Rule #2: In case of any doubt, see Rule #1.
Rule #3: If it's a boeing, I'm NOT going!
 
sspontak
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:42 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

The A220-100 looks great in the DL livery. Good to read it will be based out of my home airport at JFK.
 
timf
Posts: 492
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:36 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
Those last two pictures in the link are the same pictures that were posted on here a few weeks back...and people were saying that they were photoshopped. Am I wrong?

They aren't the same, they just happen to be taken in a similar location and angle to the photoshopped one. The fake photo was missing a lot of the small details like tail numbers.
 
User avatar
FlyThiz
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Beautiful bird! Can't wait to fly it. Happy LAX (home airport) will get these first along with NY. Congrats to Delta.
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:40 pm

sspontak wrote:
The A220-100 looks great in the DL livery. Good to read it will be based out of my home airport at JFK.


Schedule hasn't been posted and he changed from New York to specifically JFK. The article is not correct and aircraft are not necessarily based, but often times referenced to where pilot bases are. It's known that the Pilot base will be New York (which covers all NYC airports) and SLC.
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 11591
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:43 pm

I wonder at what rate DL will get them over the next 2 years. 20, 30 total?

Image
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Why is Delta painted on the floor of the shop? Does this factory only paint planes for Delta?
 
N415XJ
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Why is Delta painted on the floor of the shop? Does this factory only paint planes for Delta?


Might be a temporary decal that was just put in place for a few marketing shots.
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5198
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Why is Delta painted on the floor of the shop? Does this factory only paint planes for Delta?


It's likely just a decal.
 
TheDBCooper
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:08 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:26 pm

It looks fantastic. The Delta livery suits all aircraft and looks stunning when it's paint shop fresh. To think that there was a time when we thought it'd never happen.
 
rockyracoon
Posts: 1061
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:58 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Looks incredible!
Airports I've flown from: CVG PIT MWO PHL PHX ORD DCA MIA TPA MCO FLL ATL DTW DFW SJC LAX DEN SLC LAS HNL LIH OGG YVR MUC ICN NRT PVG SHA SZX MNL PPS CRK BKK DMK KBV EOH MDE CLO CTG SMR BOG ACD MEX CUN MID AUA SAL RTB
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

The size of the passengers windows are huge. Sadly I will never get to see them unless want to go out of the way to fly at JFK.

So is the type rating for the A220 similar to the A32X?
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4377
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
So is the type rating for the A220 similar to the A32X?


No, because it's a Bombardier CSeries CS100. It's only the name of it that has changed, to Airbus A220-100.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
Strato2
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Those engines look huge on that fuselage.
 
rbavfan
Posts: 2452
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:24 pm

797 wrote:
The first Airbus A220-100 (former Bombardier CSeries CS100) for Delta Air Lines has rolled out of the paint shop at the Bombardier assembly line in Mirabel, Canada.

Image

The manufacturer claims that the plane will now move to the final assembly stage before taking off on its first test flight during this coming fall.

Estimated entry into service date for this plane is early 2019. The Atlanta-based carrier will become the first US carrier to take delivery of the Airbus A220. The first batch of A220s will be based in New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX).

More photos: https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/first-d ... paintshop/



Odd the video stops 1/3 way through it.
 
747superliner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:36 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Looks awesome! This will be in the mainline fleet right?
 
flyguy84
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 pm

747superliner wrote:
Looks awesome! This will be in the mainline fleet right?

Not sure if this is a serious question or you're trolling... this is not a regional jet.
 
User avatar
FlightLevel360
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Tail number seems to be N101DU. Is Delta introducing a new suffix? Have the -DL and -DN registrations been used up already?
 
User avatar
CFM565A1
Posts: 254
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:37 pm

I for one am excited to fly on one of these. It’ll be the first new (clean sheet design) that I’ve flown on since the Embraer 190 was new at AC (that was exciting back then).
Flown: C172-M/N/P/R/S , P2006T, PA-34-200T, DH8A/C Been on: DH8A/C ERJ-145, CRJ-100/200, DH8D, CRJ-700/705/900, E-175/190, A319/320/321, 737-200/300/400/600/700/800/900ER, MD-82/83, 757-200/300, 767-300, 777-300ER, F28-4000.
 
747superliner
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:36 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
747superliner wrote:
Looks awesome! This will be in the mainline fleet right?

Not sure if this is a serious question or you're trolling... this is not a regional jet.


Nah wasn't trolling, it was a serious question. Makes sense now that I asked it. :oops:
Last edited by 747superliner on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:40 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
A350/CSeries = bae
 
PixelPilot
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:19 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:08 pm

I had a chance to fly Swiss CS100 days after it entered service and I loved it. The size of those windows is magnificent and there was plenty legroom for a comfortable flight.
 
DDR
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Congrats to my friends over at Delta. She is a beautiful looking plane.
 
steeler83
Posts: 7463
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:29 pm

If I remember correctly this will have either a 2 x 2 or a 3 x 2 configuration with seating of about 100 to 120 pax. I see this as similar to a DC9-30 or -50 but with longer range. I believe the DC9 had a range of about 1,700 miles, while the A220's range is about double that. Good plane for a longer thin transcon route that an A319/320 or 737 would be too big for.

One question I have is what advantage would the larger variant have over the A320? I see that capacity and range wise this would compete head-to-head. Would this ultimately replace the A320s down the line?
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.
 
User avatar
XAM2175
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:30 pm

timf wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
Those last two pictures in the link are the same pictures that were posted on here a few weeks back...and people were saying that they were photoshopped. Am I wrong?

They aren't the same, they just happen to be taken in a similar location and angle to the photoshopped one. The fake photo was missing a lot of the small details like tail numbers.


IIRC, the Photoshops showed a Canadian flag and registration mark at the rear of the fuselage, and nothing on the nose-gear doors, but otherwise yes the similarity is quite striking.
 
axiom
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:34 pm

I'm really excited to see this bird join the DL family.

Has anyone seen if there is a A220 logo applied to customer aircraft?
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:41 pm

PHLspecial wrote:
The size of the passengers windows are huge. Sadly I will never get to see them unless want to go out of the way to fly at JFK.

I will never get to see them? Can't you travel to New York once in the future or is that too far or expensive for you? I have travelled from Europe to the United States with the sole purpose of observing aircraft that can't be seen at European airports.
 
User avatar
ClassicLover
Posts: 4377
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:27 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:44 pm

steeler83 wrote:
One question I have is what advantage would the larger variant have over the A320? I see that capacity and range wise this would compete head-to-head. Would this ultimately replace the A320s down the line?


The A320 is around 5 tons heavier than a CSeries and essentially a 1980s design, whereas the CSeries is a true 21st century aircraft, for a start.

The A220 (I am having awful trouble not writing CSeries!) seats less passengers than an A320 and has less cargo volume as well, due to the narrower fuselage with 5 abreast seating.

It's optimised for the 100-130 passenger segment, whereas the A320 is in the next bracket up, 150-200 seats.

So no, it won't replace the A320s at all. More likely markets the A220 opens will receive A320s when the demand warrants it and vice versa.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!
 
DTWorld
Posts: 138
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:34 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm

At last, a non-Photoshopped image of this plane! It looks gorgeous and I certainly wouldn't mind having these on my CLT runs in the future.

ClassicLover wrote:
The A220 (I am having awful trouble not writing CSeries!)


You and me both. This name change doesn't do my brain any favors in the morning before I have my coffee.
 
Cebo29
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:11 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

...ship 8101.......she’s a beauty
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:23 pm

I know LAX/NYC will be first, but how long till she shows up at SEA? Seems like the perfect machine for DL's ops there.

Oh, and she is a beauty.
 
User avatar
aerolimani
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm

rbavfan wrote:
Odd the video stops 1/3 way through it.

Fortunately, it plays correctly on the Delta site. :)

https://news.delta.com/fresh-paint-shop ... first-a220

Edited to add: the photos also look better if you follow the link from the Delta site to view them on Flickr.
 
cessna2
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:44 pm

Just a quick note. The first bases for the DL A220's will be NYC and SLC. LAX will not be getting an A220 base, as SLC is geographically in a better location for A220's to hit all west coast bases. LAX will instead open an A320 base. Other than that she looks beautiful!!!
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:53 pm

cessna2 wrote:
Just a quick note. The first bases for the DL A220's will be NYC and SLC. LAX will not be getting an A220 base, as SLC is geographically in a better location for A220's to hit all west coast bases. LAX will instead open an A320 base. Other than that she looks beautiful!!!
I am not doubting you, but all of the news last year stated NYC then LAX for the A220. Anything official on SLC?
 
cessna2
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:16 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:04 pm

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Just a quick note. The first bases for the DL A220's will be NYC and SLC. LAX will not be getting an A220 base, as SLC is geographically in a better location for A220's to hit all west coast bases. LAX will instead open an A320 base. Other than that she looks beautiful!!!
I am not doubting you, but all of the news last year stated NYC then LAX for the A220. Anything official on SLC?

Yes it was in a pilot memo. Also the latest AE put out in July had NYC and SLC as bases. Crews have already started training. NYC crews will train first and then SLC crews.
 
gsg013
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:03 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:34 pm

I know they say the pilot base is going to be NYC (JFK) but from everything I had heard the first flights from NYC were going to be out of LGA. (Is this still the plan)

I had been told my the airline the first route was going to be LGA-DFW to get the E170/175's off this route and go all mainline.

I am having a feeling that this plane could be put on some of the flights in and out of Key West (EYW) eventually. Would love to see DL add LGA-EYW with the A220 at some point. Interestingly enough the takeoff distance at MTOW is 4800 feet the runway at EYW is 4801 feet.
 
User avatar
BN727227Ultra
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:08 pm

cessna2 wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
cessna2 wrote:
Just a quick note. The first bases for the DL A220's will be NYC and SLC. LAX will not be getting an A220 base, as SLC is geographically in a better location for A220's to hit all west coast bases. LAX will instead open an A320 base. Other than that she looks beautiful!!!
I am not doubting you, but all of the news last year stated NYC then LAX for the A220. Anything official on SLC?

Yes it was in a pilot memo. Also the latest AE put out in July had NYC and SLC as bases. Crews have already started training. NYC crews will train first and then SLC crews.


Good! I can use DL for my Vegas trips and go OMA-SLC-LAS and get on four of them beautiful bastiges! (Just got to convince DL...)
 
USAirKid
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:42 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:11 pm

797 wrote:
The manufacturer claims that the plane will now move to the final assembly stage before taking off on its first test flight during this coming fall.


Does Bombardier / Airbus have a different sequencing of painting and final assembly stage. AFAIK, most airliners complete final assembly then are painted, not the other way around. Or is the A220 different somehow?
 
User avatar
keesje
Posts: 11591
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2001 2:08 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:21 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
steeler83 wrote:
One question I have is what advantage would the larger variant have over the A320? I see that capacity and range wise this would compete head-to-head. Would this ultimately replace the A320s down the line?


The A320 is around 5 tons heavier than a CSeries and essentially a 1980s design, whereas the CSeries is a true 21st century aircraft, for a start.

The A220 (I am having awful trouble not writing CSeries!) seats less passengers than an A320 and has less cargo volume as well, due to the narrower fuselage with 5 abreast seating.

It's optimised for the 100-130 passenger segment, whereas the A320 is in the next bracket up, 150-200 seats.

So no, it won't replace the A320s at all. More likely markets the A220 opens will receive A320s when the demand warrants it and vice versa.


The A320 is more than 5t heavier than the A220-300. But it is about the A319/737-700 replacement market. A223 seems to have the same capabilities but it is 5-6t lighter. That doesn't go away in aviation and e.g. SW has 500 737-700s to replace, UA 737/A319s, etc etc.. the reason A stepped in I guess.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway
 
flightsimer
Posts: 1017
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:34 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:
So is the type rating for the A220 similar to the A32X?


No, because it's a Bombardier CSeries CS100. It's only the name of it that has changed, to Airbus A220-100.

Slight correction, but only the marketing name has changed. It's still the same Bombardier model number on the type certificate and pilot type rating.

Same change as the 717, which is just the marketing name.
Commercial / Airline Pilot
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2261
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 pm

gsg013 wrote:
I know they say the pilot base is going to be NYC (JFK) but from everything I had heard the first flights from NYC were going to be out of LGA. (Is this still the plan)

I had been told my the airline the first route was going to be LGA-DFW to get the E170/175's off this route and go all mainline.

I am having a feeling that this plane could be put on some of the flights in and out of Key West (EYW) eventually. Would love to see DL add LGA-EYW with the A220 at some point. Interestingly enough the takeoff distance at MTOW is 4800 feet the runway at EYW is 4801 feet.


I may be mistaken but I believe DL considers LGA & JFK one base (NYC)... The C-series will not be at MTOW to get to ATL or JFK from EYW
 
User avatar
CarlosSi
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: First Delta Airbus A220-100 Rolls Out Of Paints Shop

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Great paint job. Hope it stays 5-abreast... there was discussion that a tight 6-abreast was possible... but this is Delta we’re talking about!

N101DU, I like it. Perhaps could’ve been N101DB or DC for Bombardier or C Series as a nod to its previous (marketing) designation prior to takeover, but DU seems nicer. 101DB sounds (no pun intended) like a registration you’d give an MD88!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos