Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N292UX
Topic Author

Jetblue to DXB?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Recently, there was a thread about B6 stating they would likely be flying to Europe pretty soon, presumably with A321neos. However, if they were to somehow end up ordering A330s, is there a possibility that we could see B6 flying to DXB? They have a very strong partnership with EK, who dominates the airport, and they partner with EK on most of their US flights to/from DXB. Therefore, is there a possibility that this partnership would result in B6 ending up in DXB, presumably from BOS or JFK? Overall, I think it's extremely unlikely but who knows.

ikolkyo

Re: Jetblue to DXB?

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 pm

No chance.

EvanWSFO

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:30 pm

N292UX wrote:
Recently, there was a thread about B6 stating they would likely be flying to Europe pretty soon, presumably with A321neos. However, if they were to somehow end up ordering A330s, is there a possibility that we could see B6 flying to DXB? They have a very strong partnership with EK, who dominates the airport, and they partner with EK on most of their US flights to/from DXB. Therefore, is there a possibility that this partnership would result in B6 ending up in DXB, presumably from BOS or JFK? Overall, I think it's extremely unlikely but who knows.

They "might" buy 330s, but if they do, it would be suicide to go up against EK. Better to try for JV or ability to connect traffic thru JFK nd BOS.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

adambrau

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 pm

Most people don't mind connecting in Dubai as EK is a good airline and the airport is fine. But as impressive as it's hotel, tourist and business facilities are, it's like living in a hot sandbox for half the year. It's not endemic but there have been more than a few negative stories when Westerners get into trouble with what is a pretty conservative society, whether it was their fault or not. Doesn't EK have an agreement in place at JFK to transfer flight to Jetblue and back again? Put me in the category of "Not until Hell Freezes over" ;)
JFK Friendly

chrisnh

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:54 pm

As other airlines start filling the obvious TATL gaps that B6 might have chosen, the chances are better that they’ll not even bother with overseas flights. They’re literally YEARS from doing anything, and in that time lots of city pairs will fill in by others.

32andBelow

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:03 am

The whole point is for EK to fly them into BOS or JFK and then B6 taking them from there.

flyiguy

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:06 am

B6 currently holds the government traffic right to DXB which they codeshare with EK from IAD. B6 would have to fly their own metal from IAD to DXB if they were to get aircraft with the capability.

FLY
The opinions I post are of mine and mine alone, not of the airline I work for.

TWA772LR

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 am

UA and DL couldn't make DXB work, and AA isnt touching the Middle East with a 50 foot pole.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

TWA772LR

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 am

UA and DL couldn't make DXB work, and AA isnt touching the Middle East with a 50 foot pole. Theres no way B6 could make it work unless they do an ATI JV with EK.
Last edited by TWA772LR on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Antarius

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 am

Why would they. EK and B6 benefit with the current relationship.. why would B6 want to go to great lengths to do something that barely benefits them?
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

aldrigsomandre

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 am

0 chance. Not even worth commenting.

aeromoe

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:30 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
0 chance. Not even worth commenting.

You just did.
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

Gr8Circle

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 am

adambrau wrote:
Most people don't mind connecting in Dubai as EK is a good airline and the airport is fine. But as impressive as it's hotel, tourist and business facilities are, it's like living in a hot sandbox for half the year. It's not endemic but there have been more than a few negative stories when Westerners get into trouble with what is a pretty conservative society, whether it was their fault or not. Doesn't EK have an agreement in place at JFK to transfer flight to Jetblue and back again? Put me in the category of "Not until Hell Freezes over" ;)

What's the first half of your rant got to do with "Will JetBlue fly to DXB?" Several western airlines already fly to DXB and a lot of other Gulf destinations...….if it makes business sense, JetBlue will certainly fly to DXB....else they won't.....simple as that.....your rant is irrelevant...

pitbosflyer

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:57 am

Mint is good....but its not EK good.
A:320/21, 333, 343, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 763, 772 || MD80, MD90 || E:145, 170, 175, 190, 195 || CR200, 700, 900

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:01 am

DXB is a connecting city the O&D to any city in the US is nothing amazing and every city that has o&d is overserved already because of emirates. 0 percent chance. Having been to Dubai it has no appeal to American tourists , I couldnt wait to get out of there. Delta was bleeding money from the world's largest hub, b6 would bleed even more.

adambrau

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:20 am

Gr8Circle wrote:
adambrau wrote:

What's the first half of your rant got to do with "Will JetBlue fly to DXB?" Several western airlines already fly to DXB and a lot of other Gulf destinations...….if it makes business sense, JetBlue will certainly fly to DXB....else they won't.....simple as that.....your rant is irrelevant...

My "irrelevant" rant is a quick way of sharing the stats.

1. DXB is EK's biggest/and only hub, and about 70% of its flights transfer passengers via Dubai to somewhere else. 2. UA and DL dropped DXB after the US military operation drew down in Iraq.
3. JetBlue doesn't even fly to Europe and does not fly ULH, and while JetBlue is likely to fly to Europe sooner than later, they are not going to risk EK's wrath of flying to a hot sandbox which is not a popular destination for Americans.
4. (the whole UAE) which as I am sure you know (or you don't) is just not Dubai.
5. Only 1.1% of Americans travels plans in 2016 were to the UAE, down from 1.3% in 2015, according to the Department of Commerce's National Travel andTourism Office.
6. Despite all EK's large planes flying between the USA and DXB and Etihad (suffering) to AUB under an Open Skies agreement with the USA, the UAE was about the 40th 1st travel choice for Americans at the end of 2016.

So I am sorry that you don't like my writing style, but I can tell you JetBlue won't be flying to DXB/UAE for many decades to come, at least on their own metal.

It will never make business sense for JetBlue to fly there on their own metal.

Unless you have any statistics to counter mine about a gold rush of Americans heading to DXB/UAE, I think my point is actually fairly relevant, and in fact your contribution falls much more close to the trash heap.

Adam
JFK Friendly

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos