Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
piedmontf284000
Topic Author
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:44 am

Another day, another diversion due to an unruly passenger...who shockingly was drunk. A DL flight from SLC to MCO had to divert to OKC due to one passenger who decided that nobody tells him when he's had enough. The ironic part is that they actually served him despite his behavior. He must not have liked what he was served because he decided to headbutt the FA and he then had to be restrained and ziptied until police got him off the plane.

The guy will probably sue claiming he was over served and this caused him to become unruly and over aggressive.

Alcohol...The cause and cure of life's problems.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1384778002
 
User avatar
wiggy
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 am

what maniac
 
Beatyair
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:25 am

Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.
 
User avatar
RWA380
Posts: 5740
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:51 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:47 am

Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see video cams of both flight deck & passenger cabins of commercial aircraft in the near future. It would solve quite a few incidents between passengers, crew & law enforcement, the mere presence of such a closed loop system, would likely be a deterrence just because of it's presence. Heck even cargo holds could easily be wired for a closed circuit recording of every movement on that level plane, allowing the flight deck a view down below, for a rare circumstance. There is zero expectation of privacy on a commercial flight, it could even be useful for investigations.

The answer to your first question: I think they may try, but manners are dying by the wayside, it's a shame. It used to be, that if one had any manners at all, you would not discuss others perceived issues out loud, you would pretend to be supportive in a nice way & you rolled your eyes when you got home & gossiped about it to the other half behind closed doors. :roll:
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3404
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:57 am

RWA380 wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see video cams of both flight deck & passenger cabins of commercial aircraft in the near future. It would solve quite a few incidents between passengers, crew & law enforcement, the mere presence of such a closed loop system, would likely be a deterrence just because of it's presence. Heck even cargo holds could easily be wired for a closed circuit recording of every movement on that level plane, allowing the flight deck a view down below, for a rare circumstance. There is zero expectation of privacy on a commercial flight, it could even be useful for investigations.

The answer to your first question: I think they may try, but manners are dying by the wayside, it's a shame. It used to be, that if one had any manners at all, you would not discuss others perceived issues out loud, you would pretend to be supportive in a nice way & you rolled your eyes when you got home & gossiped about it to the other half behind closed doors. :roll:


Cabins, maybe. Flight deck, certainly not. Most pilot contracts would not allow for company recording on the flight deck
From my cold, dead hands
 
ThomasCook
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:43 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

RWA380 wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see video cams of both flight deck & passenger cabins of commercial aircraft in the near future.


Emirates A380s and 777s have cameras throughout observing each zone of the aircraft.
 
dfwjim1
Posts: 2454
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.
 
4engines4lnghll
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:33 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.


HA! Never gonna happen. People would rather give up their meal to have a few drinks.
4engines4lnghll
 
Bald1983
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:45 pm

RWA380 wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see video cams of both flight deck & passenger cabins of commercial aircraft in the near future. It would solve quite a few incidents between passengers, crew & law enforcement, the mere presence of such a closed loop system, would likely be a deterrence just because of it's presence. Heck even cargo holds could easily be wired for a closed circuit recording of every movement on that level plane, allowing the flight deck a view down below, for a rare circumstance. There is zero expectation of privacy on a commercial flight, it could even be useful for investigations.

The answer to your first question: I think they may try, but manners are dying by the wayside, it's a shame. It used to be, that if one had any manners at all, you would not discuss others perceived issues out loud, you would pretend to be supportive in a nice way & you rolled your eyes when you got home & gossiped about it to the other half behind closed doors. :roll:


The fundamental problem is we have become a culture where respect is just a word, rarely used. There was a time when people, more so then now, knew how to act in public. It is not just the alcohol; all alcohol does is lower inhibitions. Yes there needs to be more external controls but people really need to learn how to act. As far as this person, he needs a lot of time in jail and be required to pay for all diversion costs. He also needs to have every airline ban him from flying on their planes.
 
Bald1983
Posts: 623
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:46 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.


Most people are responsible with it and do not turn into a$$holes, when they have a drink. Most.
 
User avatar
MSPSXMFLIER
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:37 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Practical, real life parenting? That seems to have fallen by the wayside, now parents just juice their kids up on Ritalin and Adderall.

Buses, trains, elevators, etc... all have security cameras on-board, so planes will be next.

What really surprises me is why the flight crew reversed themselves and began serving this guy, it had to be pretty clear to them he was drunk when he boarded? A bad decision by the flight crew, as it might have avoided him becoming 'unruly and violent'.
 
Cubsrule
Posts: 14573
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 12:13 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Bald1983 wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.


Most people are responsible with it and do not turn into a$$holes, when they have a drink. Most.


Yup. I was on a flight with a bunch of Canadians heading to Nashville to party last Friday night (no, I never thought I would write that sentence). They drank our CRJ dry and we then had an extended wait when we arrived at the gate because of some sort of security incident in the airport. I expected fireworks but we actually had fun during the wait. Jerks will be jerks, drunk or sober. The same is true for the vast, vast majority of friendly people.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
 
User avatar
fallap
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?
Ex grease monkey buried head to toe inside an F-16M
Now studying Political Science
 
Beatyair
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:44 pm

fallap wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?



I think we need a little more “up side the head”. And a one drink limit.
 
BobbyPSP
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:29 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:09 pm

fallap wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?


Um, no. When folks have 30years on you and lived through a different kinda of life, it’s relevant
 
77H
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 pm

BobbyPSP wrote:
fallap wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?


Um, no. When folks have 30years on you and lived through a different kinda of life, it’s relevant


The ironic thing is this low life is most likely the offspring of somebody in your generation. I find it comical when people complain about millennials and how things used to be this when the previous generation raised millennials. Too bad your generation didn’t instill the ideals of yester-year.

77H
 
n7371f
Posts: 1836
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:23 am

So some loser got drunk on a flight. There are hundreds of thousands flights every day. We're going to ban booze - equivalent to smoking like one poster - because of this?
 
User avatar
MassAppeal
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


When kids were raised by one of the most selfish and terrible generation of adults to exist who can blame them for the way they turned out?
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 pm

The rise of social media and smartphones means we hear more about such incidents and in the post-9/11 world, more likely to divert for security and to react strongly to any such behavior that puts pax in harms way. And yes, we will see video cameras in the cabin become the norm on many aircraft to protect the airlines.
 
smallvoyageur
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 pm

RWA380 wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


Honestly it wouldn't surprise me to see video cams of both flight deck & passenger cabins of commercial aircraft in the near future. It would solve quite a few incidents between passengers, crew & law enforcement, the mere presence of such a closed loop system, would likely be a deterrence just because of it's presence. Heck even cargo holds could easily be wired for a closed circuit recording of every movement on that level plane, allowing the flight deck a view down below, for a rare circumstance. There is zero expectation of privacy on a commercial flight, it could even be useful for investigations


Surprised that aircraft doesn't have any CCTV. All other public transport from transnational trains like Eurostar or Enterprise to local buses have on-board CCTV to protect everyone's safety. Yes, even the local bus to down to supermarket, has CCTV on-board.
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1826
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Beatyair wrote:
Are mothers not teaching manners anymore? People use to be much more respectful.
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.


My mother taught me how to headbutt people.
 
sevenair
Posts: 2959
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 7:18 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:37 pm

No doubt it'll be someone else's fault. The 'anxiety' thing is a blanket excuse to do what you like. Take a pig onboard, take drugs, get drunk, cause a scene and blame it on 'mixing prescription medication' and alcohol. There's no responsibility anymore. Just blame it on a disorder, blame someone else and move on.
 
outbackair
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:01 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Beatyair wrote:
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.

I flew China Southern recently, long haul. They announced a not tolerance policy to misbehaviour during pre-flight announcements, and stated that there would be video and audio recordings. I noted a security man patrolling the aisles during two flights with a body-cam on his shoulder. Well done China Southern!
 
ushermittwoch
Posts: 2616
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:18 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:34 pm

outbackair wrote:
Beatyair wrote:
Planes are going to be camera’d up for evidence purposes soon enough and should be equipped with a holding area in the belly of the plane.

I flew China Southern recently, long haul. They announced a not tolerance policy to misbehaviour during pre-flight announcements, and stated that there would be video and audio recordings. I noted a security man patrolling the aisles during two flights with a body-cam on his shoulder. Well done China Southern!


Now if they could only make sure that one's luggage arrives on-time or that theit food in Y was edible...
Where have all the tri-jets gone...
 
BobbyPSP
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:29 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm

77H wrote:
BobbyPSP wrote:
fallap wrote:

Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?


Um, no. When folks have 30years on you and lived through a different kinda of life, it’s relevant


The ironic thing is this low life is most likely the offspring of somebody in your generation. I find it comical when people complain about millennials and how things used to be this when the previous generation raised millennials. Too bad your generation didn’t instill the ideals of yester-year.

77H


My statement is either not clear or you’re just spinning what I said to meet your agenda.

I was not passing any type of values or moral judgment. It was meant purely as a way of LEARNING how things were done before your time or even my time. We’re supposed to be he because of our common interests in aviation. Hearing first hand from airline and aviation related employees whom flew a Connie, was an engineer/designer/mechanic at Boeing when the 727 was introduced or worked on one of the first electronic reservation system.

I damn proud I started my airline career 39yrs who at 20years old and stayed at either airlines or Corp travel. I was fortunate to enjoy flying in premium cabins or economy when a system wide load factor among majors was climbing through 65% and up to now with some in the 90’s. If you don’t want to read about the past, don’t.

Regarding millennials: I did not have children so don’t blame me. For the ones that have been in my life since infants are not stereotypical at all. Apparently you and some of your sympathizers here are quick to blame parents without taking one ounce of initiative to learn how to behave. One can change their morals and values if they saw other perspectives that are more to their individual personalities. Just the comments here blaming my generation are exactly what is stereotypical of your generation: zero ownership and blame someone else.
 
BobbyPSP
Posts: 345
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:29 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:31 pm

77H wrote:
BobbyPSP wrote:
fallap wrote:

Could we please bury the constant "Everyone and everything was better in the good ol' days" rambling, please?


Um, no. When folks have 30years on you and lived through a different kinda of life, it’s relevant


The ironic thing is this low life is most likely the offspring of somebody in your generation. I find it comical when people complain about millennials and how things used to be this when the previous generation raised millennials. Too bad your generation didn’t instill the ideals of yester-year.

77H




My statement is either not clear or you’re just spinning what I said to meet your agenda.

I was not passing any type of values or moral judgment. It was meant purely as a way of LEARNING how things were done before your time or even my time. We’re supposed to be he because of our common interests in aviation. Hearing first hand from airline and aviation related employees whom flew a Connie, was an engineer/designer/mechanic at Boeing when the 727 was introduced or worked on one of the first electronic reservation system.

I damn proud I started my airline career 39yrs who at 20years old and stayed at either airlines or Corp travel. I was fortunate to enjoy flying in premium cabins or economy when a system wide load factor among majors was climbing through 65% and up to now with some in the 90’s. If you don’t want to read about the past, don’t.

Regarding millennials: I did not have children so don’t blame me. For the ones that have been in my life since infants are not stereotypical at all. Apparently you and some of your sympathizers here are quick to blame parents without taking one ounce of initiative to learn how to behave. One can change their morals and values if they saw other perspectives that are more to their individual personalities. Just the comments here blaming my generation are exactly what is stereotypical of your generation: zero ownership and blame someone else.

Dupe
 
OKCDCA
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:

Cabins, maybe. Flight deck, certainly not. Most pilot contracts would not allow for company recording on the flight deck

Ask railroad workers about this... Unions swore up and down cameras would never be allowed in the cab of a locomotive. Kansas City Southern was the first to do it and the unions sued them in federal court. The judge ruled it was company property and they had the right to monitor the cab of a locomotive just like GM has the right to monitor employees on the factory floor. Unions didn't even appeal because they realized it was an uphill battle. At the end of the day, as long as employees do their jobs it doesn't matter if there are cameras.

As much as we see this happening anymore, there should be cameras in the cabin. I do have some issues with this situation though because the flight attendants served the gentleman knowing he was drunk and according to the Oklahoma City newspaper, they told him he would not be served but then allowed him to negotiate more drinks out of the FA's. Sounds like both parties are in the wrong here...
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15278
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Cameras in the cabin as I noted in a previous post, can be used to absolve an airline or staff of responsibility and/or liability but also but subject to Subpoenas or other document production demands by Plaintiffs to challenge criminal charges brought against them.
Further, they could be used to observe employee issues like theft of goods, alleged bad service, training, evaluating individual workers, work practices as well as be another area of info if a crash or in-flight incident.
 
DarthLobster
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:40 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:58 pm

4engines4lnghll wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.


HA! Never gonna happen. People would rather give up their meal to have a few drinks.


That’s a much larger social problem the airlines shouldn’t have to grapple with. If you’re too dependent on alcohol to function in public, you shouldn’t be traveling anywhere. The human body requires food and water, it does not require alcohol, therefore airlines should cease serving it if it becomes a hazard to the operation.
 
4engines4lnghll
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:25 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:54 am

DarthLobster wrote:
4engines4lnghll wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
Perhaps serving alcohol on commercial flights will eventually disappear like smoking. Obviously won't help in cases of those who drink before getting on board.


HA! Never gonna happen. People would rather give up their meal to have a few drinks.


That’s a much larger social problem the airlines shouldn’t have to grapple with. If you’re too dependent on alcohol to function in public, you shouldn’t be traveling anywhere. The human body requires food and water, it does not require alcohol, therefore airlines should cease serving it if it becomes a hazard to the operation.


People are not on planes long enough to go through severe starvation that would harm their body lol (as if you even get fed on US domestic flights). Thousands of people fly everyday while having a few drinks on their flight I don't think its extreme enough to ban alcohol.
4engines4lnghll
 
User avatar
wiggy
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:23 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 am

its just as well emirate don't serve to dubai anyway
 
DarthLobster
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:40 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:53 am

4engines4lnghll wrote:
DarthLobster wrote:
4engines4lnghll wrote:

HA! Never gonna happen. People would rather give up their meal to have a few drinks.


That’s a much larger social problem the airlines shouldn’t have to grapple with. If you’re too dependent on alcohol to function in public, you shouldn’t be traveling anywhere. The human body requires food and water, it does not require alcohol, therefore airlines should cease serving it if it becomes a hazard to the operation.


People are not on planes long enough to go through severe starvation that would harm their body lol (as if you even get fed on US domestic flights). Thousands of people fly everyday while having a few drinks on their flight I don't think its extreme enough to ban alcohol.


Yea, adding "lol" really solidifies your argument.

Regardless of how many people drink alcohol without issue on flights, it's these few morons who will eventually cause an incident that will result in the banning of alcohol on commercial flights, doesn't matter how big a percentage of the population are lushes.
Last edited by DarthLobster on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
77H
Posts: 1570
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:36 am

BobbyPSP wrote:
77H wrote:
BobbyPSP wrote:

Um, no. When folks have 30years on you and lived through a different kinda of life, it’s relevant


The ironic thing is this low life is most likely the offspring of somebody in your generation. I find it comical when people complain about millennials and how things used to be this when the previous generation raised millennials. Too bad your generation didn’t instill the ideals of yester-year.

77H


My statement is either not clear or you’re just spinning what I said to meet your agenda.

I was not passing any type of values or moral judgment. It was meant purely as a way of LEARNING how things were done before your time or even my time. We’re supposed to be he because of our common interests in aviation. Hearing first hand from airline and aviation related employees whom flew a Connie, was an engineer/designer/mechanic at Boeing when the 727 was introduced or worked on one of the first electronic reservation system.

I damn proud I started my airline career 39yrs who at 20years old and stayed at either airlines or Corp travel. I was fortunate to enjoy flying in premium cabins or economy when a system wide load factor among majors was climbing through 65% and up to now with some in the 90’s. If you don’t want to read about the past, don’t.

Regarding millennials: I did not have children so don’t blame me. For the ones that have been in my life since infants are not stereotypical at all. Apparently you and some of your sympathizers here are quick to blame parents without taking one ounce of initiative to learn how to behave. One can change their morals and values if they saw other perspectives that are more to their individual personalities. Just the comments here blaming my generation are exactly what is stereotypical of your generation: zero ownership and blame someone else.


Apologies if I misinterpreted your statement. My parents raised me to behave in public and also to take responsibility for my actions. While personal responsibility is o the individual one arguably needs to be taught to place an emphasis on that. If you don’t parent your children properly they are nothing going to learn how to behave.

77H
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1622
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:15 pm

"Cameras in the cabin" they already are there and come out quickly when something out of the ordinary happens, we all have them on our phones and I even carry an actual one while flying.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways
 
User avatar
SLCUT2777
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:17 am

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:04 pm

Time for corporal punishment to be re-instituted in the U.S. & Canada. Such a stunt as this should earn the perpetrator a date with "Mr. Fuji" to be administered some "Singapore Justice!"
DELTA Air Lines; The Only Way To Fly from Salt Lake City; Let the Western Heritage always be with Delta!
 
User avatar
BirdBrain
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Re: Drunk passenger causes diversion after headbutting FA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 pm

wiggy wrote:
its just as well emirate don't serve to dubai anyway


Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say. If you meant EK doesn't severe alcohol when flying into Dubai? They very much do. Not sure when this misconception comes from.

If you're referring to cameras, yes they do have cameras on board at strategic locations. If it help reduce such incidents, all the better, in my opinion.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos