Alias1024

Re: OAG Changes 9/23/2018:AA Adds PHL-SRQ; DL Drops CVG-MKE; Many F9 Changes

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
Alias1024 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
Most of the DL drops in CVG are OO operated routes, not a coincidence, IMO. Reflective of the staffing situation over there.

It that is true, why doesn't DL staff them from another regional? Endeavor?

Seems there's two possibilities:
1) Other regionals can't staff it or don't have a plane (CRJ-200s are dirt cheap so why doesn't Endeavor step up?)
2) They're actually underperforming routes DL doesn't want to keep

Because there are finite number of CR2s in the fleet for DCI and a majority are at OO? Sure they may be underperforming, but OO staffing and performance improving because they’re losing flying has to help

Yes, the DCI fleet is limited to 125 50 seat aircraft. But you don’t think there’s a way for Delta to reallocate some of those aircraft if the airline isn’t able to fulfill the contract and fly all their planes?
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just potatoes.

Rdh3e

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 am

DiamondFlyer wrote:
Most of the DL drops in CVG are OO operated routes, not a coincidence, IMO. Reflective of the staffing situation over there.

You must be the first person to say OO has a staffing issue. I follow this closely and they are one of the few (maybe only one of the independent carriers) that has not been a problem child over the past 5 years of pilot shortage issues for the regional industry.

I'd like to see some evidence of your claim.

WassbiKhalifa

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:06 am

Bobloblaw wrote:
Is Delta out of YHZ?

No. It just doesn't take the route very seriously. My wife is from there so I keep up with it. Just a summer schedule for some reason. Flights were pretty full all summer.

Dominion301

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:01 am

WassbiKhalifa wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:
Is Delta out of YHZ?

No. It just doesn't take the route very seriously. My wife is from there so I keep up with it. Just a summer schedule for some reason. Flights were pretty full all summer.

The thing is traffic at YHZ falls off a cliff in January/February and really until Easter quite frankly. Even the sun routes mostly only start in mid-February at YHZ/Atlantic Canada and mostly end a month later than elsewhere.

Having said that, DL’s YHZ service has been all over the map for eons. Last time it was stable was back in the Business Express days. They can’t ever make up their mind whether they want to serve YHZ-NYC from JFK or LGA, year-round or seasonally. Lol

jetmatt777

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:09 am

Rdh3e wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

You must be the first person to say OO has a staffing issue. I follow this closely and they are one of the few (maybe only one of the independent carriers) that has not been a problem child over the past 5 years of pilot shortage issues for the regional industry.

Me too. SkyWest has no problem covering UA, AA, and AS flying. SkyWest was even able to quickly get aircraft and crews online to cover for a QX hiring shortage. In typical DL fanboy fashion, the blame will be someone else’s. Maybe the routes just don’t make money? SkyWest seems to be covering lines pretty well, and even increasing flying for UA.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

Fargo

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:44 am

When is DL going to cut CVG down to hub flying/Paris and close the CVG focus city? Is it really that important strategically for DL to keep a big presence at CVG with DTW so close?

I mean, no offense to Cincinnati, but it isn’t on the same level as Boston or Raleigh-Durham (Delta’s other two focus cities) economically. DL could use the planes elsewhere.

MSPNWA

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:02 am

I'm speculating that some of the DL drops we've been seeing every week are due to UA's aggressive expansion. This week DTW-CHS/BWI, SLC-BWI, and CVG-MKE fit the bill this week. UA is up 10% in domestic RPMs this year. DL and other airlines are up a significant amount as well (in the 5% range), but UA has to be taking away traffic from others to sustain their gaudy RPM increases. It's unrealistic to assume all of UA's traffic growth is due to a disproportionate increase in aggregate demand.

Dominion301

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:04 am

Fargo wrote:
When is DL going to cut CVG down to hub flying/Paris and close the CVG focus city? Is it really that important strategically for DL to keep a big presence at CVG with DTW so close?

I mean, no offense to Cincinnati, but it isn’t on the same level as Boston or Raleigh-Durham (Delta’s other two focus cities) economically. DL could use the planes elsewhere.

I know some CVG routes on DL have actually seen capacity increases in the past 18 months. Looks like though that CVG’s total DL route offering though is still bottoming out. When all is said and done, I can’t see DL getting much smaller at CVG than they are now.

SANFan

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:33 am

enilria wrote:
enilria wrote:
Well keep in mind if the schedule is the same as last year it is theoretically not shown, although with F9 it is unlikely anything is the same so that may work!
PlanesNTrains wrote:
Are you sure it includes everything? Looking at PHX, unless they’ve dropped the DEN nonstops it isn’t all-inclusive.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's still only changes, so if that is static it won't be shown.

Oops, that's right; I forgot about that. Thanks for the clarification guys. Back to the drawing board!

bb

michman

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:55 am

Fargo wrote:

CVG area GDP is pretty close to RDU area. No reason CVG focus city can't be maintained as long there are business pax willing to pay a premium for the non-stop's. I haven't really followed WN's presence in CVG, but they would seem to be the most likely significant threat to the CVG focus city. If they can grow and attract significant numbers of DL's business flyers, I could see CVG losing it's focus city status at some point.

cvgComair

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:27 am

Dominion301 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

I know some CVG routes on DL have actually seen capacity increases in the past 18 months. Looks like though that CVG’s total DL route offering though is still bottoming out. When all is said and done, I can’t see DL getting much smaller at CVG than they are now.

According to the most recent data I have seen, CVG is the second fastest growing DL hub/focus city behind SEA at the moment. DL’s seats at CVG are up about 12% at the moment, mostly due to upguaging. Cuts like CVG-MKE look bad on paper, but are really meaningless given the overall net growth DL is doing at CVG.

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:41 am

Fargo wrote:

I don't see why they would cut anymore from CVG, it is basically an O&D station now with a very loyal FF base, and they have trimmed most of the weaker routes from there with the exception of maybe ORD, PHL, YYZ, and CLT (which are very important business markets). Overall, I think DL's operation in CVG is here to stay.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

cvgComair

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:53 pm

michman wrote:
I haven't really followed WN's presence in CVG, but they would seem to be the most likely significant threat to the CVG focus city. If they can grow and attract significant numbers of DL's business flyers, I could see CVG losing it's focus city status at some point.

I don't think WN is really affecting DL much, with the exception of flights to Chicago. It seems WN is hurting F9 at the most. I think most of the passengers WN is getting previously drove to CMH/SDF/IND/DAY for flights on WN or flew on F9 from CVG.

WassbiKhalifa

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:05 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
WassbiKhalifa wrote:
Bobloblaw wrote:
Is Delta out of YHZ?

The thing is traffic at YHZ falls off a cliff in January/February and really until Easter quite frankly. Even the sun routes mostly only start in mid-February at YHZ/Atlantic Canada and mostly end a month later than elsewhere.

Having said that, DL’s YHZ service has been all over the map for eons. Last time it was stable was back in the Business Express days. They can’t ever make up their mind whether they want to serve YHZ-NYC from JFK or LGA, year-round or seasonally. Lol

Yes my wife used to work for BizEx. Three flights a day back in the late 90's. :)

dabpit

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 pm

So F9 is back in FLL with flights to ISP and TTN?
Carpe Diem

flyfresno

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

klm617 wrote:
peanuts wrote:
DL's teetering with SLC-TPA to less than daily is frustrating. It's a freakin' hub. Make it work and flow some passengers over it if need be! (ATL can afford it).

F9 PWN-TPA will be a great route!

You know the Delta business plan EVERYTHING over Atlanta and we'll throw a bone or two to the other hubs here and there. Atlanta could afford to shed a lot of capacity and it would still serve it's purpose in the Delta network but that's not going to happen..

Not necessarily true. SLC and MSP both serve a lot of cities that ATL does not. More to the point, they probably see less opportunity cost and greater yield routing traffic through ATL/MSP/DTW/NYC than serving SLC-TPA non-stop on some days, especially if they see that most of the passengers that connect through SLC to TPA could also connect through one or more of those other hubs. Not great for SLC based passengers, but people in SFO/PDX/SAN/LAS and many other big cities don’t see much of a difference.

EvanWSFO

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

klm617 wrote:
peanuts wrote:
DL's teetering with SLC-TPA to less than daily is frustrating. It's a freakin' hub. Make it work and flow some passengers over it if need be! (ATL can afford it).

You know the Delta business plan EVERYTHING over Atlanta and we'll throw a bone or two to the other hubs here and there. Atlanta could afford to shed a lot of capacity and it would still serve it's purpose in the Delta network but that's not going to happen..

Geez, can you go just one week without the DL /ATL hatefest? You do realize no one takes you seriously on this site don't you?
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

BoeingGuy

Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:51 pm

klm617 wrote:
peanuts wrote:

This is not even remotely close to being accurate. As others have noted, everyone is so sick of your poor-DTW pointless drama.

I guess MSP-ICN is the latest example of DL pulling down their other hubs in favor of ATL.

flymco753

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Y'all have to realize though, that to an extent klm617 is right. There's a lot of markets that his home airport could support. I feel similarly about MCO. There's a lot of potential for DL to add more, but almost everywhere you go, you'll most likely fly within a 100nm radius of ATL. Lets take DTW-CHS or MYR as examples. The ATL-CHS/MYR/SAV/JAX markets typically fly either 10x 717 or 8x 717 and 4x M88 and so on. These are markets that post numbers in which can support more than a daily RJ or at least a once daily mainline. I can see where he is frustrated. NK is killing it on MYR flying an A320, DL flies a CR7 once a day. NK adds JAX with no problem, DL used to fly it once a day on a CR9. DTW-CHS is around 160 both ways in Q1 2018, enough to support at least one daily CR9 if not a 717...flight gets taken away. It's clear that the reason DL doesn't add more capacity to these destinations is because it's to support the ATL hub. That's how an airline works, but it doesn't take for NK to start a route for DL to realize that the route could support 2x CR9's or 3x E170/75 instead of a lone CR7. Do I make any sense?
...the carriage of liquids, gels, and aerosols are prohibited through the screening checkpoint except for travel size toiletries of 3 ounces or less...

Thenoflyzone

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:20 pm

enilria wrote:
WG FLL-YQB DEC 0.2>0[0.2] JAN 0.3>0[0.3] FEB 0.3>0[0.3] MAR 0.3>0[0.3] APR 0.2>0[0.2]
WG FLL-YUL DEC 0.5>0[0.5] JAN 0.6>0[0.5] FEB 0.6>0[0.6] MAR 0.6>0[0.4] APR 0.2>0[0.2]

Misfile?

Flights still bookable on sunwing.ca
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

tphuang

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
klm617 wrote:
peanuts wrote:

This is not even remotely close to being accurate. As others have noted, everyone is so sick of your poor-DTW pointless drama.

I guess MSP-ICN is the latest example of DL pulling down their other hubs in favor of ATL.

It doesn't make sense at all to route back to ATL to get to ICN from MSP. But clearly, there are markets out of MSP/DTW that can be supported without going through ATL or support higher capacity. And DL keeps routing the way they are to keep ATL the profitable machine that it is and get higher premium on the direct MSP/DTW flights.

MIflyer12

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:30 pm

flymco753 wrote:
That's how an airline works, but it doesn't take for NK to start a route for DL to realize that the route could support 2x CR9's or 3x E170/75 instead of a lone CR7. Do I make any sense?

You haven't talked about DCI costs on an E75 vs. NK, nor have you discussed average fares. Talking about airline economics without mentioning CASM and RASM is like talking physics while pretending gravity doesn't exist. It makes no sense.

RobertS975

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
F9 still amazes me all this expansion with only 78 aircraft. Not sure the pace of receiving new ones but they are always up to something. As for AA PHL to SRQ service this is pretty much a response to F9 response announcement since PHL has never had service to Sarasota before

Some smoke and mirrors.... many F9 routes are not daily.

Bigant0408

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:06 pm

RobertS975 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
F9 still amazes me all this expansion with only 78 aircraft. Not sure the pace of receiving new ones but they are always up to something. As for AA PHL to SRQ service this is pretty much a response to F9 response announcement since PHL has never had service to Sarasota before

Yea I'm aware that majority of the routes are not daily and most seasonal. Still amazes me how they pull this off. Just imagine once they receive majority of the fleet they ordered within next few years I bet a lot of the non daily routes with be expanded but that just my guess
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

WN732

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:21 pm

enilria wrote:
SANFan wrote:
Enilria, as always, your hard work on these threads is very much appreciated. Thank you very much!

I have just discovered a new appreciation for your OAG threads. I now realize that your F9 sked extension summary is the best, easiest and I'm sure, most reliable way for me to understand F9's schedule at SAN for the months you include. In other words at a quick glance, I finally have an easy way to learn which cities are served from SAN next winter, and how frequently! Before now, I would have spent probably hours searching through the F9 booking engine, month-by-month, to try to figure out which cities they happen to be serving at any given time. And if I want to create an exact turn schedule -- as exact as possible anyway -- I can use your great recap to guide me. Wonderful!

(I'm actually quite surprised to learn that F9 plans on serving 9 destinations from my home airport next winter, and that 2 of them are daily or better.)

I realize I'm probably very late to the party in realizing all this but I'm glad I did, and so glad you provide this data for us! Thanks again.

bb

Well keep in mind if the schedule is the same as last year it is theoretically not shown, although with F9 it is unlikely anything is the same so that may work!
PlanesNTrains wrote:
Are you sure it includes everything? Looking at PHX, unless they’ve dropped the DEN nonstops it isn’t all-inclusive.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's still only changes, so if that is static it won't be shown.
717atOGG wrote:
WN732 wrote:
Did I read that right that FAT is getting cut next March on F9?

No, it's continuing through the spring with 3x weekly flights. You might be confusing the zero in brackets next to the 0.4 as the frequency, but it's just a YOY, showing that they didn't fly the route at the same time last year.

Yes, the format is LASTWEEK>THISWEEK[LASTYEAR].

Thanks guys, I was about to lose my mind lol

Dominion301

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
enilria wrote:
WG FLL-YQB DEC 0.2>0[0.2] JAN 0.3>0[0.3] FEB 0.3>0[0.3] MAR 0.3>0[0.3] APR 0.2>0[0.2]
WG FLL-YUL DEC 0.5>0[0.5] JAN 0.6>0[0.5] FEB 0.6>0[0.6] MAR 0.6>0[0.4] APR 0.2>0[0.2]

Misfile?

Flights still bookable on sunwing.ca

The phantom move to MIA lol. Most likely a misfile.

N292UX

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 pm

Fargo wrote:

No, they aren't going to cut the Paris flight. They got some good subsidiaries on that route, and it often carries important cargo for General Electric I believe. The non-hub mainline destinations from CVG, such as DEN, SFO, LAS, MCO, FLL, RSW, and TPA won't be cut anytime soon. Almost all of them have seen significant up gages (Such as DEN being a CRJ-900 in 2016, now an MD-90) and have very good LF%s. Some of the regional routes, like CLT, MCI, and STL may be cut down the road, but I think the rest are pretty safe, but I don't see many more Delta Connection routes being added from CVG with the exception of MIA, which I could see running on a schedule similar to RDU on a CRJ-900. And with that being said, DL could easily succeed on some form of CVG-MIA. Right now, the only direct service between the 2 cities is a 1x daily American Eagle ERJ-145. You would have to think there's some more capacity there, at least on some seasonal basis.

jtwall

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:20 pm

N292UX wrote:
Fargo wrote:

No, they aren't going to cut the Paris flight. They got some good subsidiaries on that route, and it often carries important cargo for General Electric I believe. The non-hub mainline destinations from CVG, such as DEN, SFO, LAS, MCO, FLL, RSW, and TPA won't be cut anytime soon. Almost all of them have seen significant up gages (Such as DEN being a CRJ-900 in 2016, now an MD-90) and have very good LF%s. Some of the regional routes, like CLT, MCI, and STL may be cut down the road, but I think the rest are pretty safe, but I don't see many more Delta Connection routes being added from CVG with the exception of MIA, which I could see running on a schedule similar to RDU on a CRJ-900. And with that being said, DL could easily succeed on some form of CVG-MIA. Right now, the only direct service between the 2 cities is a 1x daily American Eagle ERJ-145. You would have to think there's some more capacity there, at least on some seasonal basis.

If I'm not mistaken AA recently added frequencies to CVG-MIA to go 3x daily.

N292UX

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 pm

jtwall wrote:
N292UX wrote:
Fargo wrote:

If I'm not mistaken AA recently added frequencies to CVG-MIA to go 3x daily.

You're right. Checking a random day in October, it has gone 3x daily with one frequency being an E175, and has actually gone 4x daily on Saturdays. So I think that likely ends any chance of DL running a CVG-MIA.

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:37 pm

N292UX wrote:
Fargo wrote:

No, they aren't going to cut the Paris flight. They got some good subsidiaries on that route, and it often carries important cargo for General Electric I believe.

If you mean subsidies, currently the CVG-CDG flight is operating without subsidies and has always been.

N292UX

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
N292UX wrote:
Fargo wrote:

No, they aren't going to cut the Paris flight. They got some good subsidiaries on that route, and it often carries important cargo for General Electric I believe.

If you mean subsidies, currently the CVG-CDG flight is operating without subsidies and has always been.

That's what I meant. I do believe there is some form of a deal between GE and DL which really boosts the route. I may be wrong about that too and it just might be that the route has been a decent success.

Midwestindy

Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:40 pm

N292UX wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
N292UX wrote:

That's what I meant. I do believe there is some form of a deal between GE and DL which really boosts the route. I may be wrong about that too and it just might be that the route has been a decent success.

It's the cargo piece for GE Aviation, which is similar to the deal on the IND-CDG flight

EvanWSFO

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:46 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
RobertS975 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Yea I'm aware that majority of the routes are not daily and most seasonal. Still amazes me how they pull this off. Just imagine once they receive majority of the fleet they ordered within next few years I bet a lot of the non daily routes with be expanded but that just my guess

Most likely by then, their planes will be painted yellow.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

Bigant0408

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
RobertS975 wrote:

Most likely by then, their planes will be painted yellow.

Lol right or green
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

DDR

Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:12 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
klm617 wrote:
peanuts wrote:

Geez, can you go just one week without the DL /ATL hatefest? You do realize no one takes you seriously on this site don't you?

No, I don't think he/she does. I ignore every post from klm617 because it's always negative.

stl07

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:37 am

DDR wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
klm617 wrote:

No, I don't think he/she does. I ignore every post from klm617 because it's always negative.

I don't know some of his post that don't relate to the waning presence of DL and DTW are actually pretty informative.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

PlanesNTrains

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 am

RobertS975 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Frontier ASM's in the 2nd quarter grew 14%. That's not smoke and mirrors. Spirit grew 31% but otherwise Frontier grew about 50% more in percentage terms than any other US carrier.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1404653
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

cvgComair

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 am

stl07 wrote:
DDR wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

I don't know some of his post that don't relate to the waning presence of DL and DTW are actually pretty informative.

Though, DTW is not waning in the DL system. Just like CVG, frequency and destinations are being cut, but seats are being pushed upwards with larger aircraft. Delta is in the process of making two of the heaviest CRJ-200 stations in the DL network (DTW and CVG) into more profitable operations so that they can thrive during the upcoming rise in oil prices.

stl07

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:29 am

cvgComair wrote:
stl07 wrote:
DDR wrote:

Though, DTW is not waning in the DL system. Just like CVG, frequency and destinations are being cut, but seats are being pushed upwards with larger aircraft. Delta is in the process of making two of the heaviest CRJ-200 stations in the DL network (DTW and CVG) into more profitable operations so that they can thrive during the upcoming rise in oil prices.

I know, He just seems to believe that it is...
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

TVNWZ

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:04 am

Klm is entertaining. I love the banter.

Rdh3e

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am

stl07 wrote:

It's also known he has multiple user accounts that he'll use to back himself up.

jetlanta

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Lots of questions asked in this thread can be answered pretty easily. Rising fuel costs are raising the performance bar. Flights that were doing fine a year ago may not be doing so well today. So changes are being made. Some marginal flying will return in a better cost environment. Some will not.

washingtonflyer

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Does that mean that airlines are going to start dusting off their turbo prop manuals again?

klm617

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
stl07 wrote:

It's also known he has multiple user accounts that he'll use to back himself up.

Please enlighten me to what those other accounts might be because I only know of this one.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

evank516

Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:08 pm

enilria, have you seen an OAG filing by AA for Saturday only PHL-EYW starting in February, 2019? I'm seeing 1 Saturday PHL-EYW flight.

enilria
Topic Author

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:23 pm

evank516 wrote:
enilria, have you seen an OAG filing by AA for Saturday only PHL-EYW starting in February, 2019? I'm seeing 1 Saturday PHL-EYW flight.

I thought that loaded a few weeks ago, but my memory isn't perfect.

evank516

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:26 pm

enilria wrote:
evank516 wrote:

I thought that loaded a few weeks ago, but my memory isn't perfect.

Oh okay. Must have missed it then.

alasizon

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:31 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

Me too. SkyWest has no problem covering UA, AA, and AS flying. SkyWest was even able to quickly get aircraft and crews online to cover for a QX hiring shortage. In typical DL fanboy fashion, the blame will be someone else’s. Maybe the routes just don’t make money? SkyWest seems to be covering lines pretty well, and even increasing flying for UA.

There is a Skywest staffing issue. Its not an overall shortage, rather just not having the right number of crews in each base and having the flying so spread out across so many bases that they can't keep up with hiring for the non-expansion bases (i.e. keeping DTW & ORD staffed while also trying to support the expansion in DFW, SEA, etc.)
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner

Rdh3e

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:58 pm

alasizon wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:

There is a Skywest staffing issue. Its not an overall shortage, rather just not having the right number of crews in each base and having the flying so spread out across so many bases that they can't keep up with hiring for the non-expansion bases (i.e. keeping DTW & ORD staffed while also trying to support the expansion in DFW, SEA, etc.)

Again, I see no proof of this. You don't see UA drawing down OO ORD flying.

DiamondFlyer

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
alasizon wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Again, I see no proof of this. You don't see UA drawing down OO ORD flying.

Because you wouldn’t if you weren’t in the industry. I have numerous friends who work at OO, and nearly all CRJ pilots east of the Rockies are flying near FAR limits. Most bases have 0 reserve crews, days in a row. They can’t keep it up
From my cold, dead hands

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos