Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Zoedyn
Topic Author

Juneyao Air unveils livery/interior for its 1st B787 due for delivery mid-Oct, mulling interc’l routes from Shanghai

Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:19 am

As per the Chinese report 吉祥航空波音787梦想飞机10月中旬交付,明年有望飞上海始发洲际航线Juneyao Air to take its 1st B787 mid-Oct, mulling intercontinental routes, another Shanghai-based airline Juneyao Air is to take delivery of its first widebody B787 Dreamliner mid-Oct next month

This is also the first time for the privately-held company to own WB aircraft, which would enable the carrier to launch intercontinental routes from Shanghai next year as circumstances allow

Juneyao Air has today unveiled a series of service components related to its newest B787 product themed as “Dreamy Peony-Scented Journey”to be launched very soon, including the cabin interior, layout, livery, as revealed in the promotional video clip in the link below

https://m.weibo.cn/1889702180/4288163583721570

Pic courtesy of Juneyao Air

Noteworthy what intercontinental routes HO would be able to fly from Shanghai, as CAAC’s revised, watered-down version of One Route One Carrier policy is to take effect from Oct 1 this year, paving the way for more Chinese carriers to enter intercontinental longhaul flying

A privately-held airline should surely be treated no differently than state-run airlines like MU and CA at PVG

Motorhussy

Re: Juneyao Air unveils livery/interior for its 1st B787 due for delivery mid-Oct, mulling interc’l routes from Shanghai

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:08 am

Video doesn’t play for me in New Zealand.
come visit the south pacific

workhorse

Re: Juneyao Air unveils livery/interior for its 1st B787 due for delivery mid-Oct, mulling interc’l routes from Shanghai

Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:22 am

I have flown with Juneyao quite a bit lately and they are a very good airline, old-days legacies quality with today's LCC prices.

It's a real pity they went with the 787 though. I will happily continue to fly with them in the future, but not on long haul.

wedgetail737

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:28 pm

I wonder what intercontinental destinations they will choose.

IndianicWorld

Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:15 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
I wonder what intercontinental destinations they will choose.

May also depend on what routes are available. There has been some relaxing of the rules, but we will see how that plays out.

Antarius

Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:39 pm

workhorse wrote:
It's a real pity they went with the 787 though. I will happily continue to fly with them in the future, but not on long haul.

Umm.. why?
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

MatheusLPV

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Motorhussy wrote:
Video doesn’t play for me in New Zealand.

Neither for me in Brazil....

workhorse

Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:05 am

Antarius wrote:
workhorse wrote:

Umm.. why?

Narrow seats, tinted windows.

bgboiflyer

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Zoedyn wrote:

Noteworthy what intercontinental routes HO would be able to fly from Shanghai, as CAAC’s revised, watered-down version of One Route One Carrier policy is to take effect from Oct 1 this year, paving the way for more Chinese carriers to enter intercontinental longhaul flying

A privately-held airline should surely be treated no differently than state-run airlines like MU and CA at PVG

It seems that here well after the Oct 1st change of "One Route, One Airline" policy well start some competition (lower airfare, hopefully!)
The site you also talked about the "intercontinental" routes will take place in 2019, while they will first fly PVG-SZX, SYX, CTU, and CKG domestically for training.
Also it will boast 29 Thompson Vantage XL seats which are in a staggered 1-2-1 config. In economy, you will get Recaro CL3710 in 3-3-3 with 32" of pitch, featuring a 12" screen and usb ports for charging. (Very much identical to the QF version)

workhorse wrote:
Antarius wrote:
workhorse wrote:

Umm.. why?

Narrow seats don't necessarily mean it's at all horrible. From the website above where the "intercontinental" hopes are addressed happen to also talk about what seats they have onboard, which they use the Recaro CL3710 which airlines like SQ, TP and DL use. Plus the tinted windows also help you adjust to the time changes on long hauls too. Plus, Qantas runs an almost similar config and seat types on LHR-PER, so more "suffering" exists here as out of PVG I doubt they will fly out 17 hours.

planemanofnz

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:10 am

PVG - AKL might make sense. Star Alliance partner NZ has been trying to get a second daily PVG flight going, but I presume can't because of slots at PVG. As PVG - AKL qualifies for a second Chinese carrier under the changes last week to 'one route, one airline', Juneyao could perhaps step in and provide NZ's second daily PVG - AKL flight.

Cheers,

C.

Narilka

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:58 am

The second aircraft will also painted a special livery designed by a Chinese aviation enthusiast.He won the online livery design competition and Junyao promise get him a big pack of gift including use he's design livery to paint one of company‘s 787’

c933103

Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:13 am

bgboiflyer wrote:
Zoedyn wrote:

It seems that here well after the Oct 1st change of "One Route, One Airline" policy well start some competition (lower airfare, hopefully!)
The site you also talked about the "intercontinental" routes will take place in 2019, while they will first fly PVG-SZX, SYX, CTU, and CKG domestically for training.
Also it will boast 29 Thompson Vantage XL seats which are in a staggered 1-2-1 config. In economy, you will get Recaro CL3710 in 3-3-3 with 32" of pitch, featuring a 12" screen and usb ports for charging. (Very much identical to the QF version)

workhorse wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Umm.. why?

Narrow seats don't necessarily mean it's at all horrible. From the website above where the "intercontinental" hopes are addressed happen to also talk about what seats they have onboard, which they use the Recaro CL3710 which airlines like SQ, TP and DL use. Plus the tinted windows also help you adjust to the time changes on long hauls too. Plus, Qantas runs an almost similar config and seat types on LHR-PER, so more "suffering" exists here as out of PVG I doubt they will fly out 17 hours.

1. There are only about ten route out of PVG that will be eligible for application by second carrier to take, and the number have not exclude US/Canadian routes that are maxed out in term of bilateral
2. Juneyao now have 10% MU share.
So even if they do compete against MU on routes out of PVG, they will probably do so without damaging yield of both sides and probably more focused on preventing another carriers from utilizing the open route authority
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate. 求同存異. よく見て・よく聞いて・よく考える
(≧▽≦) Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
(≧▽≦) Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!

L0VE2FLY

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:11 am

workhorse wrote:
Antarius wrote:
workhorse wrote:

Umm.. why?

I can tolerate the seats, it's the tinted windows that make the 787 the plane to avoid at all costs, the crew-override dimming feature is the worst. Fortunately I have no plans to fly them or any 787 operator in the near future.

EvanWSFO

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 pm

L0VE2FLY wrote:
workhorse wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Umm.. why?

I can tolerate the seats, it's the tinted windows that make the 787 the plane to avoid at all costs, the crew-override dimming feature is the worst. Fortunately I have no plans to fly them or any 787 operator in the near future.

IMO, that's a really lame reason not to fly on the 787.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

L0VE2FLY

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:54 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:
workhorse wrote:

Looking out the window is the only thing I enjoy about flying. I don't want to pay for my window seat only to have the crew dim my window against my will, so many airline crews are abusing the crew-override feature. On the recent 787 windows thread TheRedBaron mentioned that he missed out on seeing the aurora borealis over Alaska 'cause the crew dimmed and locked all the windows on a flight that took place entirely in darkness!

EvanWSFO

Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:19 pm

L0VE2FLY wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:

Looking out the window is the only thing I enjoy about flying. I don't want to pay for my window seat only to have the crew dim my window against my will, so many airline crews are abusing the crew-override feature. On the recent 787 windows thread TheRedBaron mentioned that he missed out on seeing the aurora borealis over Alaska 'cause the crew dimmed and locked all the windows on a flight that took place entirely in darkness!

To each his own. I'm an aisle seat kinda person unless I'm flying somewhere I've never been, which doesn't happen much anymore.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

workhorse

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:46 am

EvanWSFO wrote:

It's a very valid reason. This is what makes flying less enjoyable than riding the subway in a big city at 8am.

I avoid the 787 for all flights longer than 2-3 hours. I will put up with higher price, miltiple layovers, unconvenient schedule just to not fly this thing. It's worse than 10-abreast 777.

It's a real pity such a great airline as Juneyao have chosen it for its long haul expansion.

xjetflyer2001

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:
workhorse wrote:

I don't think it's a lame reason at all. I flew a UA flight from NRT to DEN I think it was a while back and they locked the windows in tint mode, I like to take photos out of the window and we flew almost directly over SLC, due to the window tint lock however to make "passengers comfortable" by not allowing other customers to open shades and let light in, I missed the photo.

I did ask a crew later if that was standard practice to lock the windows in tint mode and was told no, that wasn't standard practice, I've flown on the UA 787 a few times since then and have not had that problem, but I had also considered avoiding the 787 for that very reason.

EvanWSFO

Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:07 pm

xjetflyer2001 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:

I don't think it's a lame reason at all. I flew a UA flight from NRT to DEN I think it was a while back and they locked the windows in tint mode, I like to take photos out of the window and we flew almost directly over SLC, due to the window tint lock however to make "passengers comfortable" by not allowing other customers to open shades and let light in, I missed the photo.

I did ask a crew later if that was standard practice to lock the windows in tint mode and was told no, that wasn't standard practice, I've flown on the UA 787 a few times since then and have not had that problem, but I had also considered avoiding the 787 for that very reason.

I've flown on the 787 five times. One I did choose window just for the experience. None of those flights had the windows shaded by the flight crew.

sergegva

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 pm

EvanWSFO wrote:
xjetflyer2001 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:

I've flown on the 787 five times. One I did choose window just for the experience. None of those flights had the windows shaded by the flight crew.

Same here 'till today. On my 6 787 segments with different airlines, windows were automatically dimmed, but never blocked. I was able to un-dimmed them partially or totally when the landscape was splendid.

It is the responsibility of each landscape lover to to protest to the flight crew, and then to the company after the flight, each time windows are blocked on the darkest setting! Otherwise, airlines will say that passengers don't care...

crazyplane1234

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 am

workhorse wrote:
I will put up with higher price, miltiple layovers, unconvenient schedule just to not fly this thing.

All of that, just so that you can look out the window?! (and let's not forget, the crew can still instruct you to close the shades on other aircraft.)

You do you, but don't be mad when airlines still order 787s regardless of your decision: after all, I'd estimate that only 1% of travellers are that determined to avoid the 787.

Zoedyn
Topic Author

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:59 pm

It is pretty clear now where Juneyao Airlines is going to fly its new flagship B787-9 Dreamliners intercontinentally, as per a series of recent route applications issued by CAAC (See: http://www.caac.gov.cn/PHONE/XXGK_17/XX ... 4852.html;
http://www.caac.gov.cn/PHONE/XXGK_17/XX ... 4748.html;
http://www.caac.gov.cn/PHONE/XXGK_17/XX ... 782877.pdf):

PVG-HEL, daily, starting from June 2019
PVG-MEL, daily, Nov 2019
PVG-CAI, 4x weekly, Nov 2019
PVG-XIY-CAI, 2x weekly, Nov 2019
PVG-LON, 3x weekly, July 2019

Must say this is an excellent intercontinental longhaul list for HO

Its growth as a privately held airline so far may well be a good reflection of how far the operating environment in Chinese aviation has progressed from a decade ago when private airlines were even barred from flying domestic trunk routes like PEK-SHA/PVG, to the present stage where HO is able to operate duplicate popular intercontinental longhaul service btwn Shanghai and London alongside MU on the Chinese side

So from a macro point of view, big congrats to HO

Also let’s hope Chinese aviation will continue to be becoming a more level-playing field to all players by breaking down all sorts of unfair barriers and dismantling all dirty ugly practices via joint efforts of all stakeholders

GCT64

Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:34 pm

PVG-LON, 3x weekly, July 2019 - wasn't expecting that. I wonder which London airport it will be. Flights London-China are already pretty cheap (considering the distances involved), this is going to bring even more price pressure into the market.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

TC957

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:56 pm

GCT64 wrote:
PVG-LON, 3x weekly, July 2019 - wasn't expecting that. I wonder which London airport it will be. Flights London-China are already pretty cheap (considering the distances involved), this is going to bring even more price pressure into the market.

Indeed, I wonder if another upping of frequency on PVG - London will be the catalyst for VS to look closely at the route's viability.

GCT64

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:35 pm

TC957 wrote:
GCT64 wrote:

Indeed, I wonder if another upping of frequency on PVG - London will be the catalyst for VS to look closely at the route's viability.

If VS joined Skyteam then it could co-operate more closely with MU and better leverage the connections available through PVG. However, more realistically I think you will be right that VS will review the viability and it wouldn't surprise me to see VS drop the route.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

Ziyulu

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:54 pm

My biggest issue with the 787 is the 3-3-3 seating. It is impossible to ride in comfort in Y class.

seansasLCY

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:17 pm

GCT64 wrote:

Apparently it will be LHR and from T2 making Shanghai one of the few destinations to be served from all 4 terminals.

SeanM1997

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:24 pm

seansasLCY wrote:
GCT64 wrote:

Apparently it will be LHR and from T2 making Shanghai one of the few destinations to be served from all 4 terminals.

Someones been reading my twitter @SeanM1997 ;)

SEA

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
My biggest issue with the 787 is the 3-3-3 seating. It is impossible to ride in comfort in Y class.

I don't understand why people say stuff like this. Any airline can make any airliner as uncomfortable as they want.

Ziyulu

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:49 pm

Yes, I blame it on Boeing for their original 3-2-3 seating proposal.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos