SNA 86%
LAX 84%
SJC 78%
SFO 75%
PDX 47%

UA:
DEN 87%
SFO 75%

I guess people are still willing to fight the awful traffic through Seattle to get to Portland. Spokane might be doing better but I wonder if these shorter flights will last? Those slots are too valuable for only a 47% load factor.

USAirKid

Re: Update on PAE (Everett) Commercial Passenger Service

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:39 am

hiflyeras wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:

AS:
PHX 91%
LAS 87%
SAN 87%
SNA 86%
LAX 84%
SJC 78%
SFO 75%
PDX 47%

UA:
DEN 87%
SFO 75%

I guess people are still willing to fight the awful traffic through Seattle to get to Portland. Spokane might be doing better but I wonder if these shorter flights will last? Those slots are too valuable for only a 47% load factor.

Depends what the yield is on those flights. I wonder if that 47% is paying a bunch since PDX is being used as a connection point to the rest of AS’s network.

Although maybe they’ll just run a PAE-> SEA to connect into the AS network.

DenverTed

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 am

Missoula! I think they can get the premium fares since they seem to out of SeaTac

wedgetail737

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:36 am

I'd be interest also to see how PSP and GEG does after a little while. I know they just started the service.

wedgetail737

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:39 am

Many of those segments are proving themselves. Maybe next summer, we'll see some mainline flights to some of the destinations. At least, I like to hope.

BA

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 am

Interesting article in the Everett Herald says they're looking at launching Chicago and Dallas.
https://www.heraldnet.com/business/with ... takes-off/

I wonder if they'll cut PDX in order to launch them.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 pm

As posted yesterday in enileria's weekly update, UA pulls the SFO flights and will have 3 flights to DEN. No explanation for the other three slots yet.

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/unit ... francisco/

iamlucky13

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:54 pm

I came to post one update, but it seems worth adding a few more, since this thread has been inactive for a while.

April 14, 2020 - Paine Field received a disproportionately small amount of aid directed to airports by the CARES act, because it was calculated based on 2018 passenger volumes, when the terminal was not yet open.
Everett Herald Article

May 22, 2020 - Paine Field passenger operations shutdown for 10 weeks of work to replace asphalt on the ramp with concrete. This was previously planned to be done in phases over a longer period of time, but with Alaska only operating 1 flight per day, the FAA gave approval to suspend all service for this work.
Everett Herald Article
Dedicated Airliners.net discussion topic

August 1, 2020 - Ramp work is complete and flights resume. Alaska Airlines starts with 1 flight per day each to Las Vegas and Phoenix. United starts with 1 flight per day to Denver. The terminal restaurant is re-opened, too. It also has been noted that the Moving Forward Act, a further bill to aid airports, will allocate airport financial assistance based on 2019 passenger volumes.
Everett Herald Article Before Opening
Everett Herald Article After Opening

August 26, 2020 - Alaska Airlines announces a gradual increase to a hoped for level of 6 flights per day during the winter. Load factor is reported at 48%. No information so far about United.
Everett Herald Article

Overall, the terminal owner sounds upbeat. There doesn't seem to be concern about the small airport's ability to weather the pandemic financially.

SANFan

Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:41 am

iamlucky13 wrote:
I came to post one update, but it seems worth adding a few more, since this thread has been inactive for a while.

Thanks for the updates on PAE 'lucky13. I was wondering what was happening and whether the asphalt work was done yet.

I guess I'll keep checking both the AS Flight Schedules and the OAG threads to see the progress of the 4 additional flights to be added for the winter. I wonder if they might do some multi-destination flights such as PAE-SJC-SAN or LAX-SFO-PAE runs? Seems that would help load factors and and offering as many direct-flight destinations as their limited operations will allow.

bb

wedgetail737

Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:36 am

LF of 48% during these times? I'm actually pleasantly surprised they are that high.

32andBelow

Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:56 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
LF of 48% during these times? I'm actually pleasantly surprised they are that high.

Isnt that about full with the e175 seat blocks?

wedgetail737

Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:22 pm

32andBelow wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

Isnt that about full with the e175 seat blocks?

Yeah...most likely. I'm sure passenger traffic and flights will increase at PAE over the next few months to a year.

SANFan

Re: PAE (Everett) Commercial Passenger Service News and Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm seeing a pretty full schedule of flights showing on AS's flight skeds effective 11/20 - 2 daily flights to SAN inc, plus pretty much full pre-COVID skeds at LA, SF, etc. To the best of my knowledge, these changes were recent.

I do realize that Nov-Dec skeds are still a long way out so are not close to accurate but the reason I bring it up is that things look somewhat different than they did just a month or 2 ago. I understand about default skeds, ghost segments, place-holders and all but when I see things being changed even 3-4 months out, I expect there's a reason.

Of course perhaps AS is anticipating good loads for the holidays and is temporarily beefing up their skeds for only a short period of a few weeks in Nov and Dec.

Just thought I'd mention it as part of this discussion.

bb

iamlucky13

Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:33 am

Another minor update: Alaska is proceeding with the previously announced plan to increase Paine Field service back to 6 flights per day by winter. United is currently operating a single flight most days to Denver.

Everett Herald Article (first half is about possible pro-hockey team use of Paine Field for their travel)

Alaska Airlines this week resumed daily flights to Los Angeles and Palm Springs. The Seattle-based carrier now serves those two destinations plus Phoenix and Las Vegas. (Incidentally, Palm Springs will be the home of the Kraken’s American Hockey League farm team.)

Next month, Alaska will resume service to Orange County and San Diego, said Ray Lane, an airline spokesman.
United Airlines, which shares the terminal with Alaska, currently operates flights between Denver and Everett six days a week, an airline spokesman said.

wedgetail737

Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:48 am

iamlucky13 wrote:
Another minor update: Alaska is proceeding with the previously announced plan to increase Paine Field service back to 6 flights per day by winter. United is currently operating a single flight most days to Denver.

Everett Herald Article (first half is about possible pro-hockey team use of Paine Field for their travel)

Alaska Airlines this week resumed daily flights to Los Angeles and Palm Springs. The Seattle-based carrier now serves those two destinations plus Phoenix and Las Vegas. (Incidentally, Palm Springs will be the home of the Kraken’s American Hockey League farm team.)

Next month, Alaska will resume service to Orange County and San Diego, said Ray Lane, an airline spokesman.
United Airlines, which shares the terminal with Alaska, currently operates flights between Denver and Everett six days a week, an airline spokesman said.

It's great to see flights come back to PAE. It's very convenient for people in the North Sound.

DaCubbyBearBar

Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:27 am

I am hoping to see this airport get back to “normal” in a year or so if AS keeps using smaller a/c... if 737s, it could take a while but AS is best positioned to make it work
I am me and no one else...so my opinions are mine

iamlucky13

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 am

I looked up the DOT passenger data available so far for 2020 to get a snapshot of how loads have varied. The data has only been released through June, but the terminal was shutdown mid-May through late July.

This is for departures only. The number of available seats / flight rates started to be reduced in March or April, depending on the destination. There's a few oddities in the data, like 2 flights to Oakland in February that I suppose might have been diversions. I left those out.

Neither Palm Springs nor Spokane were among the original destinations Alaska served from Paine Field. It looks like those had both been really good additions.

Alaska
Destination    Jan      Feb      Mar      Apr      May    /    Aug     Sep     Oct     Nov
GEG          82.8%    83.4%    29.9%     2.6%        -
LAS          82.3%    83.9%    52.9%     5.3%        -    /     1x      1x      1x      1x
LAX          88.3%    89.1%    37.9%     8.7%    18.4%    /                     1x      1x
PDX          63.1%    64.5%    23.6%     3.3%        -
PHX          88.4%    89.5%    47.0%    23.2%    39.3%    /     1x      1x      1x      1x
PSP          91.4%    93.3%    46.0%        -        -                          1x      1x
SAN          87.2%    87.2%    36.3%    13.6%    21.7%                                  1x
SFO          74.4%    76.1%    27.6%     6.6%        -
SJC          73.7%    78.5%    25.9%     8.8%    32.9%
SNA          76.4%    84.4%    34.0%     4.7%        -    /                             1x

United
Destination   Jan      Feb      Mar      Apr      May    /    Aug     Sep     Oct     Nov
DEN          80.4%    74.2%    38.9%     8.2%     8.8%   /     1x      1x      1x      1x
SFO          55.6%    58.0%    41.7%        -        -

iamlucky13

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:45 pm

I just looked at this thread on a phone screen and realized my post above does not display well on narrow screens. Sorry about that, but since the forum software does not seem to have a table option, using the monospaced code format seemed like a decent way to create a fake table.

Turning your phone sideways helps, but the rows may still wrap and make the table hard to read.

Overall, what I wanted to show was the load factors seemed pretty good for most markets until the pandemic hit. San Francisco and Portland seem over-served (although perhaps Portland gets high enough ticket prices it doesn't matter as much), but most of the rest were above 80% in January and February.

Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Palm Springs were all right around 90%. That wasn't simply a winter spike, either. Rdh3e posted figures from last July, and the load factors were excellent then, too.

Hopefully United holds out with the Denver service long enough to see a good recovery, and grow their destinations, too.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:
I just looked at this thread on a phone screen and realized my post above does not display well on narrow screens. Sorry about that, but since the forum software does not seem to have a table option, using the monospaced code format seemed like a decent way to create a fake table.

Turning your phone sideways helps, but the rows may still wrap and make the table hard to read.

Overall, what I wanted to show was the load factors seemed pretty good for most markets until the pandemic hit. San Francisco and Portland seem over-served (although perhaps Portland gets high enough ticket prices it doesn't matter as much), but most of the rest were above 80% in January and February.

Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Palm Springs were all right around 90%. That wasn't simply a winter spike, either. Rdh3e posted figures from last July, and the load factors were excellent then, too.

Hopefully United holds out with the Denver service long enough to see a good recovery, and grow their destinations, too.

Thanks for posting these displays. Looked at it on my phone yesterday, both ways, and on my phone hard to read. I was looking forward to getting on a desktop and seeing if it reads better. Today I was able to get on a desktop and it looks great and is easy to read.

wedgetail737

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:51 am

Also serving PAE before the pandemic was San Juan Airlines with weekday service to Friday Harbor. Kenmore Air Express was going to do the same thing . I hope one or both of them come back next summer.

USAirKid

Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:06 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
Also serving PAE before the pandemic was San Juan Airlines with weekday service to Friday Harbor. Kenmore Air Express was going to do the same thing . I hope one or both of them come back next summer.

But they're serving it out of an FBO, not the new terminal.. Correct?

wedgetail737

Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:02 am

USAirKid wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I know that San Juan Airlines was using the FBO across the parking lot, but I don't know about Kenmore Air.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
USAirKid wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I know that San Juan Airlines was using the FBO across the parking lot, but I don't know about Kenmore Air.

Only Alaska and United have operated regularly scheduled flights out of the main passenger terminal. Before it opened, Southwest was going to, but the backed out.

wedgetail737

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:54 am

SeaDoo wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
USAirKid wrote:

Only Alaska and United have operated regularly scheduled flights out of the main passenger terminal. Before it opened, Southwest was going to, but the backed out.

Yes...that is true. UA and AS have all of the slots as well. I also believe UA is holding the open slots from their discontinued SFO service. UA discontinued PAE-SFO service well-befiore the pandemic.

gunsontheroof

Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:52 am

DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
I am hoping to see this airport get back to “normal” in a year or so if AS keeps using smaller a/c... if 737s, it could take a while but AS is best positioned to make it work

I've only flown out of PAE once, but I have to wonder about how that (very nice) terminal would handle 737s vs E175s. I know they're capable of doing so airside, but it was getting crowded in the waiting area with two E175s arriving in short order with good-looking inbound/outbound loads (this was May of 2019). I think the demand is there when things get closer to normal, but I think that terminal faces some logistical challenges and looses some appeal with larger aircraft coming through.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

iamlucky13

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm

gunsontheroof wrote:
DaCubbyBearBar wrote:

I've only flown out of PAE once, but I have to wonder about how that (very nice) terminal would handle 737s vs E175s. I know they're capable of doing so airside, but it was getting crowded in the waiting area with two E175s arriving in short order with good-looking inbound/outbound loads (this was May of 2019). I think the demand is there when things get closer to normal, but I think that terminal faces some logistical challenges and looses some appeal with larger aircraft coming through.

That's true of most airports, though. A lot of the gates at Seatac overflow the seating area and spill into the walking area when a plane load of passengers are waiting to board. Is it already at that level at PAE with a pair of regional jets worth of passengers waiting?

There's still going to be a lot of appeal for anyone who can save on combined time and expense in traffic, parking, security, and walking.

Once things are back to normal, if the airlines show 2-3 years of consistently high load factors at 24 flights a day, I'm guessing we will see Propeller start the initial steps for expanding the terminal, such a draft updated environmental assessment.

That's likely going to be a slow process again, though, so even assuming very strong demand for flying from Paine Field, I have doubts we'll see any expansion ready before late in the decade.

iamlucky13

Thu May 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Another update on PAE flight schedules:

Alaska currently runs 6 flights per day to 6 locations. They plan to increase to 12 flights per day to 8 locations by October.

In June, there will be a slight decrease when Palm Springs is temporarily suspended due to expected low seasonal demand. Also in June, LAX will be dropped in favor of SFO.

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/alas ... this-fall/

The result by October should be:

2X daily LAS
2X daily PHX
2x daily GEG
2x daily BOI
1x daily SAN
1x daily SNA
1x daily SFO
1x daily PSP (resuming in October)

The focus on Boise and Spokane is surprising and interesting.

United continues 1x daily to DEN, and has not announced any ramp up plans for PAE yet.

cschleic

Thu May 20, 2021 9:14 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:

Alaska currently runs 6 flights per day to 6 locations. They plan to increase to 12 flights per day to 8 locations by October.

In June, there will be a slight decrease when Palm Springs is temporarily suspended due to expected low seasonal demand. Also in June, LAX will be dropped in favor of SFO.

2X daily LAS
2X daily PHX
2x daily GEG
2x daily BOI
1x daily SAN
1x daily SNA
1x daily SFO

United continues 1x daily to DEN, and has not announced any ramp up plans for PAE yet.

So that will put AS at about 50% of flights compared to pre-pandemic, correct?

BoeingGuy

Thu May 20, 2021 9:56 pm

iamlucky13 wrote:

2X daily LAS
2X daily PHX
2x daily GEG
2x daily BOI
1x daily SAN
1x daily SNA
1x daily SFO

The only past destinations that I see are not included are LAX and SJC. The pre-pandemic PAE-LAX schedules were terrible for international connections. They went down in the morning and back in the evening. Didn’t make connections with any Australia, New Zealand, or South America flights.

sprxUSA

Thu May 20, 2021 10:09 pm

Yeah, still waiting for the first BOI flight to start, and they now plan 2? Don't really hold much hope that they'll succeed on that route anyhow.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

iamlucky13

Thu May 20, 2021 11:16 pm

cschleic wrote:
So that will put AS at about 50% of flights compared to pre-pandemic, correct?

Pre-pandemic, AS had 18 daily departures from PAE, and United had 6, so AS will be at 67%.

I would expect United to add another flight or two by the time summer gets into full swing, but we'll see.

The article I posted today indicated the Paine Field volume was 70% business travel before the pandemic. United might also wait for more clear signs of that higher margin business before increasing their rate.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:47 pm

Alaska adding Tucson and plans full schedule of 18 flights by next spring (if not sooner.)

https://www.heraldnet.com/business/alas ... by-spring/

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2021-06- ... pring-2022

According to the map on the above link, looks like flights to SFO, GEG (Spokane,) BOI, PSP (Palm Springs,) SNA (Orange County,) SAN, LAS, PHX and TUS (Tucson starting November 19th.) Interesting that neither LAX nor SJC (San Jose, California,) are on the fall map.

Just before hitting send I also realized PDX is also absent. When they started PAE, I think they had at least 3 flights (maybe 4 or were going to go to 4) to PDX. It was my perception that PDX would be the airport to connect to more destinations that aren't served non-stop from PAE, but that sure isn't their current plan. My recollection was that the flights via PDX to Hawaii didn't connect well in one direction. It is my perception that AS wants to keep those to the north of Seattle as using SEA to get to Hawaii. Perhaps if to many people are siphoned away from SEA to Hawaii flights, they would have to lessen some of the SEA flights.

travaz

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Tucson is an interesting add. I think PHX has done well for them and at one time it was 2X daily.

Wneast

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Is it because they don’t fly 737 there I’m surprised they haven’t tried a HNL flight ?

cschleic

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 pm

SeaDoo wrote:
Alaska adding Tucson and plans full schedule of 18 flights by next spring (if not sooner.)

According to the map on the above link, looks like flights to SFO, GEG (Spokane,) BOI, PSP (Palm Springs,) SNA (Orange County,) SAN, LAS, PHX and TUS (Tucson starting November 19th.) Interesting that neither LAX nor SJC (San Jose, California,) are on the fall map.

Just before hitting send I also realized PDX is also absent. When they started PAE, I think they had at least 3 flights (maybe 4 or were going to go to 4) to PDX. It was my perception that PDX would be the airport to connect to more destinations that aren't served non-stop from PAE, but that sure isn't their current plan. My recollection was that the flights via PDX to Hawaii didn't connect well in one direction. It is my perception that AS wants to keep those to the north of Seattle as using SEA to get to Hawaii. Perhaps if to many people are siphoned away from SEA to Hawaii flights, they would have to lessen some of the SEA flights.

Wasn't one of the reasons for PAE to relieve congestion at SEA? Of course, PAE service makes a ton of sense in and of itself regardless of SEA constraints.

Yeah, PDX flights might have been thought of as connecting but maybe faster to drive to SEA for a non-stop when considering overall time and cost. Although only one trip, I few PDX - PAE - PDX once, on a weekend, and while the PAE terminal was buzzing, the PDX flights weren't very full.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:36 pm

travaz wrote:
Tucson is an interesting add. I think PHX has done well for them and at one time it was 2X daily.

Both LAS and PHX, along with BOI and GEG will be double daily.

SeaDoo
Topic Author

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:41 pm

Wneast wrote:
Is it because they don’t fly 737 there I’m surprised they haven’t tried a HNL flight ?

All flights, both United and Alaska are on E-175. When they announced they were going to serve the airport, I thought Alaska would have a 737 to OGG (Maui.) I wouldn't have been surprised to have a 737 to HNL, and perhaps KOA, probably less than daily, or do KOA some days of the week, and LIH fewer days of the week. So far no Hawaii service. I wonder if that will ever change, or if they prefer to funnel Hawaii traffic to SEA with their multiple daily flights to the four main islands.

Wneast

Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:46 pm

SeaDoo wrote:
Wneast wrote:

All flights, both United and Alaska are on E-175. When they announced they were going to serve the airport, I thought Alaska would have a 737 to OGG (Maui.) I wouldn't have been surprised to have a 737 to HNL, and perhaps KOA, probably less than daily, or do KOA some days of the week, and LIH fewer days of the week. So far no Hawaii service. I wonder if that will ever change, or if they prefer to funnel Hawaii traffic to SEA with their multiple daily flights to the four main islands.

I wonder if it would change if WN is adding Hawaii to BLI if that would cause Alaska to add Hawaii from PAE. It seems to me they literally are just basing all there Hawaii flights in SEA

ScottB

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:12 pm

SeaDoo wrote:
It was my perception that PDX would be the airport to connect to more destinations that aren't served non-stop from PAE, but that sure isn't their current plan.

I can't see much value for AS in trying to connect passengers from PAE over PDX unless they can get some obscene revenue premium over what they can charge for a non-stop out of SEA. You're talking about spending time on the flight to/from PDX as well as time to change planes at PDX (and hopefully not miss your connection) just to eliminate a crummy drive to an airport with better non-stop choices. AS has to cover the cost of flying E175s to PDX as well and that makes no sense without a revenue premium.

In the end I expect that a relatively infrequent schedule in a short-haul market like PAE-PDX doesn't hold up well against the high frequency available at SEA or just driving all the way to Portland.

wedgetail737

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:18 pm

SeaDoo wrote:

I was doing some searches for October 14th, 2021 and PDX has 2 flights, SJC and LAX have 1 flight each.

hiflyeras

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:35 pm

SeaDoo wrote:
When they announced they were going to serve the airport, I thought Alaska would have a 737 to OGG (Maui.) I wouldn't have been surprised to have a 737 to HNL, and perhaps KOA, probably less than daily, or do KOA some days of the week, and LIH fewer days of the week. So far no Hawaii service. I wonder if that will ever change, or if they prefer to funnel Hawaii traffic to SEA with their multiple daily flights to the four main islands.

There was talk of mainline service possibly starting in summer 2021. Covid unfortunately came along and upended the world. Maybe it'll happen in summer 2022? I'm not sure if they'll do Hawaii out of PAE...the logistics for the previous BLI flights to HNL and OGG were a bit of a hassle (mx, catering, where to bring in the a/c from, etc).

SANFan

Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:40 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
I was doing some searches for October 14th, 2021 and PDX has 2 flights, SJC and LAX have 1 flight each.

I just posted over on the AS thread where this is all being discussed and I'll repeat it here.

I'm sure those PDX and LAX flights you see for October are ghost-segments/place-holders that have been there for months. The October skeds have not been updated yet and should be pretty soon, now that Sept has been done. Even though there are new flights added in October already, such as PSP-PAE, those others are old and will undoubtedly be removed. PDX, LAX and SJC were not mentioned in the PR this morning so I'm positive those flights you saw will disappear soon.

Also, AS has committed to 13 of their 18 segments so they will likely add LAX, PDX flights in before next Spring, and maybe SJC plus doubling up on a couple of routes that they haven't done yet.

bb

wedgetail737

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:54 am

SANFan wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

I just posted over on the AS thread where this is all being discussed and I'll repeat it here.

I'm sure those PDX and LAX flights you see for October are ghost-segments/place-holders that have been there for months. The October skeds have not been updated yet and should be pretty soon, now that Sept has been done. Even though there are new flights added in October already, such as PSP-PAE, those others are old and will undoubtedly be removed. PDX, LAX and SJC were not mentioned in the PR this morning so I'm positive those flights you saw will disappear soon.

Also, AS has committed to 13 of their 18 segments so they will likely add LAX, PDX flights in before next Spring, and maybe SJC plus doubling up on a couple of routes that they haven't done yet.

bb

Perhaps...we'll see when it gets closer. But they are bookable. At least they're not trying to fly SEA-PDX 4X daily, which I think is a waste of resources. Also the 2X daily PAE-GEG and PAE-BOI holds.

I hope the 2X PAE-SAN sticks as well because SAN is a popular destination for us ducks and geese.

PAE-TUS really doesn't surprise me considering I know a lot of people that like to go to TUS (over PHX) for sun.

wedgetail737

Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:55 am

hiflyeras wrote:
SeaDoo wrote:
When they announced they were going to serve the airport, I thought Alaska would have a 737 to OGG (Maui.) I wouldn't have been surprised to have a 737 to HNL, and perhaps KOA, probably less than daily, or do KOA some days of the week, and LIH fewer days of the week. So far no Hawaii service. I wonder if that will ever change, or if they prefer to funnel Hawaii traffic to SEA with their multiple daily flights to the four main islands.

There was talk of mainline service possibly starting in summer 2021. Covid unfortunately came along and upended the world. Maybe it'll happen in summer 2022? I'm not sure if they'll do Hawaii out of PAE...the logistics for the previous BLI flights to HNL and OGG were a bit of a hassle (mx, catering, where to bring in the a/c from, etc).

I really think if/when AS decides to fly mainline aircraft through PAE, I think it will be to either LAS or PHX.

SANFan

Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:59 pm

wedgetail737 wrote:
SeaDoo wrote:

FYI, the PDX, LAX and SJC flights (along with the 2nd SAN-flight) are gone from the October schedules due to the system OAG load last night. From now on we will hopefully see a more accurate PAE schedule into next Spring.

So far I haven't had a chance to scour the schedule changes that were loaded last night to see what else might be different.

bb

wedgetail737

Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:10 am

SANFan wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:
SeaDoo wrote:

FYI, the PDX, LAX and SJC flights (along with the 2nd SAN-flight) are gone from the October schedules due to the system OAG load last night. From now on we will hopefully see a more accurate PAE schedule into next Spring.

So far I haven't had a chance to scour the schedule changes that were loaded last night to see what else might be different.

bb

Yeah...I wonder if the additional SAN flight and reintroduction of the LAX flight after the PSP and TUS seasons are done...or if the 2X GEG and 2X BOI flights down pan out.

On another note, it wouldn't surprise me if the PAE-LAS and/or PAE-PHX flights go mainline...eventually.

Anyway, I love flying out of PAE. It's so much nicer, calmer and closer...especially if you're a local traveler. But overnight parking is a little pricey.

DLASFlyer

Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:55 pm

It looks like United is pulling out of PAE. The last flight will be October 4th, leaving only AS there.

Wneast

Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:56 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
It looks like United is pulling out of PAE. The last flight will be October 4th, leaving only AS there.

Do you think we see AS take those three slots of someone else come in ?

DLASFlyer

Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:00 pm

Wneast wrote:
DLASFlyer wrote:

Do you think we see AS take those three slots of someone else come in ?

Nope, AS has been cutting PAE as well. That move plus United's calls into question the entire business model.

sprxUSA

Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:01 pm

I see BOI-PAE only 1x day. Dep 0815 each way. I am amazed it'll actually get started...
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos