EK413

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - October 2018

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:35 pm

qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
QF41 SYD-CGK is diverting to SIN, operated by EBA

IDK and people may have other views and I could be in the minority here but dont we have the Qantas Source for this sort of information? Unless it is a QF32 type of disruption do we need to have these mentioned? Or could they have their own thread perhaps like the Qantas Fleet Thread? I find they seem to clutter up the broader strategy discussion somewhat.

Like i said though, I could be wrong.

In qf789 defence yeah these posts are necessary. There are reports of volcanic ash plume covering CGK airport which more than likely is the reason for the diversion. The QF41 nightstopped as a result causing a disruption to the domestic network.

EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

planemanofnz

Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:47 pm

SYDSpotter wrote:
Because QF make more money out of a codeshare with KL out of SIN as the segment to SIN is flown with QF metal vs a codeshare with EK which is flown exclusively on EK metal.

1) QF doesn't need AMS traffic on its SIN flights - those flights are doing just fine already, and 2) establishing and maintaining partnerships always involves costs, and can erode efficiencies. Overall, IMO, it seems like a weak case for QF to bother with KL for this (but I'm not expert at all).

Cheers,

C.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:57 am

qf789 wrote:
For those interested in PER there is another 747 freighter due in PER tonight being an Atlas 747F and tomorrow I have heard there are 2 SQ 747F's arriving

Correction, there is a second Atlas 747F due in as well

https://twitter.com/Matt_Tinney/status/ ... 7957789697
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:05 am

planemanofnz wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:
Because QF make more money out of a codeshare with KL out of SIN as the segment to SIN is flown with QF metal vs a codeshare with EK which is flown exclusively on EK metal.

1) QF doesn't need AMS traffic on its SIN flights - those flights are doing just fine already, and 2) establishing and maintaining partnerships always involves costs, and can erode efficiencies. Overall, IMO, it seems like a weak case for QF to bother with KL for this (but I'm not expert at all).

Cheers,

C.

Over the past year one of QF's lines has been, its giving passengers more options. This is just an extension of giving passengers options. On the surface it may look as it doesn't offer much, that being QF codeshares on KL's AMS-SIN while KL codeshares on QF's flights from SIN to SYD, MEL, BNE and PER but I would expect this to grow where QF codeshares more through KL's European network and KL codeshares on QF's domestic network and maybe even Trans Tasman
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 am

Virgin today hosted the world's first meditation flight

http://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/ ... on-flight/
Forum Moderator

undertheradar

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

[photoid][/photoid]
qf789 wrote:

I try to stay away from commenting on bransons PR stunts, but can't help myself..no surprise it coincides with bransons 'book tour'! LOL. Also great to see VA can afford the costs of doing this junket flight AND VA recently stated that they chose not to perform flyovers during the AFL grand final and Bathurst 1000 this year because they are 'environmentally aware' of the extra carbon emissions these non essential flights create!! YET they do this NON ESSENTIAL junket flight!! LOL. Poor borgetti still pissing VA money away until the very end! I'm guessing the combined egos of borgetti and branson doing this 'stunt' is in response to the 'QANTAS meditation series' available via QANTAS' inflight entertainment :) I'm also guessing that tonights TV 'news' will feature the 'in form sexual predator' branson draped in female VA staff :yuck:

undertheradar

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:45 am

undertheradar wrote:
[photoid][/photoid]
qf789 wrote:

I try to stay away from commenting on bransons PR stunts, but can't help myself..no surprise it coincides with bransons 'book tour'! LOL. Also great to see VA can afford the costs of doing this junket flight AND VA recently stated that they chose not to perform flyovers during the AFL grand final and Bathurst 1000 this year because they are 'environmentally aware' of the extra carbon emissions these non essential flights create!! YET they do this NON ESSENTIAL junket flight!! LOL. Poor borgetti still pissing VA money away until the very end! I'm guessing the combined egos of borgetti and branson doing this 'stunt' is in response to the 'QANTAS meditation series' available via QANTAS' inflight entertainment :) I'm also guessing that tonights TV 'news' will feature 'creepy' branson draped in female VA staff :yuck:

VHZNE

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:18 am

EK413 wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

IDK and people may have other views and I could be in the minority here but dont we have the Qantas Source for this sort of information? Unless it is a QF32 type of disruption do we need to have these mentioned? Or could they have their own thread perhaps like the Qantas Fleet Thread? I find they seem to clutter up the broader strategy discussion somewhat.

In qf789 defence yeah these posts are necessary. There are reports of volcanic ash plume covering CGK airport which more than likely is the reason for the diversion. The QF41 nightstopped as a result causing a disruption to the domestic network.

EK413

Adding on to that, they seem to miss a few diversions and don’t always have the most accurate reasons for the flights diverting/delays.

TN486

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:25 am

^^I love this thread because it accommodates all those with an interest in our aircraft and aviation industry, from enthusiasts to armchair CEO's to those with the "inside" information. I suspect that is why this thread is so respected amongst the Anet community. Let's leave it as it is please. cheers all.
remember the t shirt "I own an airline"on the front - "qantas" on the back

TN486

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:31 am

^^I love this thread because it accommodates all those with an interest in our aircraft and aviation industry, from enthusiasts to armchair CEO's to those with the "inside" information. I suspect that is why this thread is so respected amongst the Anet community. Let's leave it as it is please. cheers all.

qf2220

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 am

@EK413, @VHZNE and @TN486 points noted. Im not having a go at anyone here, least of all @QF789 who does so much around here, but just raising my opinion on these. As suspected I am a small minority it seems so I will live with it.

eamondzhang

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 am

qf2220 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

For me I don't monitor QF source everyday but I do here so this is a good source of info. I bet there will be people who don't use QF Source as well.

And since it's oz aviation thread, for me I think anything oz can and should be mentioned.

Michael

planemanofnz

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:39 am

qf2220 wrote:
@EK413, @VHZNE and @TN486 points noted. Im not having a go at anyone here, least of all @QF789 who does so much around here, but just raising my opinion on these. As suspected I am a small minority it seems so I will live with it.

I personally have no interest in those posts about the odd delay here or there - I'm more here for the strategy discussions, as it seems you are. However, I fully support those delay posts continuing here, because it's an open forum where anyone can post any aviation-related items, and many people seem to find those posts interesting. On the flip-slide, other people often find my strategy discussions annoying or boring, but (most) don't try to silence me, which I'm very appreciative for.

Free (respectful) speech! :checkmark:

Cheers,

C.

SYDSpotter

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:39 am

planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

I agree, the AMS traffic isn't going to make or break the SIN flights, but unless the QF flights to SIN are operating at 100% LF, then any additional passengers who go to AMS via SIN is incremental revenue to QF, which is going to be additional revenue over and above the revenue obtained via the EK codeshare which is 100% on EK metal.

If there wasn't a benefit to QF, they wouldn't be doing it...
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

Sydscott

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:46 am

qf789 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:
SYDSpotter wrote:

Cheers,

C.

Over the past year one of QF's lines has been, its giving passengers more options. This is just an extension of giving passengers options. On the surface it may look as it doesn't offer much, that being QF codeshares on KL's AMS-SIN while KL codeshares on QF's flights from SIN to SYD, MEL, BNE and PER but I would expect this to grow where QF codeshares more through KL's European network and KL codeshares on QF's domestic network and maybe even Trans Tasman

In relation to both the AF and KL Partnerships a few points:

1) Overall this is about re-building the hub at SIN. That involves both a mix of long haul traffic coming to Australia and people using codeshares out of SIN to make regional connections;
2) I see the AF codeshare as more of a medium term play. We know QF is looking at additional PER 789 routes and if it was to launch PER-CDG, they'd want to have an arrangement with AF in place to feed traffic in. So I see this as QF finding out how much traffic is going via SIN vs DXB and them capturing more marketshare by having multiple codeshares;
3) AMS is an important commercial centre in Europe and I given the relationship with AF it makes sense to expand this to KLM and use them for exactly the same thing as point 2 except for the PER direct service part which isn't going to happen with AMS.
4) This is also about leverage within the QF/EK partnership. EK has been the bigger player here and QF using them to stablise their long haul ops to Europe, re-direct traffic back to the QF network and then expand again makes complete sense. But I see EK as a means to an end for QF to ensure maximum coverage of Europe and especially secondary Europe.

As for the comments from the illustrious leader of QR, if anything this highlights how dependant the Middle East Carriers are on the liberal access they've been provided to Australia and the amount of pax they get from the market. Realistically all handing alot more traffic rights to the UAE would do is de-stablise the market and allow a crapton of capacity to be dropped in. I think our Government has learned from what happened 6 to 7 years ago with that and while access rights for Middle East Carriers will keep growing it will be more measured. Another reason for AAB to go off because EK has the lions share of those rights.

VHZNE

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 am

qf2220 wrote:

Don't worry, no offence was aimed at you or anyone else as I was just stating about the website. I do mind if diversions etc are/aren't shared here at all.

On another note, what are everyone's thoughts about the RAAF C-17 display 'clickbait' headlines?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erous.html

Sydscott

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:13 pm

VHZNE wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Don't worry, no offence was aimed at you or anyone else as I was just stating about the website. I do mind if diversions etc are/aren't shared here at all.

On another note, what are everyone's thoughts about the RAAF C-17 display 'clickbait' headlines?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... erous.html

I thought the RAAF flyby was great and a fantastic show of airmanship. The clickbaits are ridiculous.

timtam

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Sydscott wrote:
qf789 wrote:
planemanofnz wrote:

Cheers,

C.

In relation to both the AF and KL Partnerships a few points:

1) Overall this is about re-building the hub at SIN. That involves both a mix of long haul traffic coming to Australia and people using codeshares out of SIN to make regional connections;
2) I see the AF codeshare as more of a medium term play. We know QF is looking at additional PER 789 routes and if it was to launch PER-CDG, they'd want to have an arrangement with AF in place to feed traffic in. So I see this as QF finding out how much traffic is going via SIN vs DXB and them capturing more marketshare by having multiple codeshares;
3) AMS is an important commercial centre in Europe and I given the relationship with AF it makes sense to expand this to KLM and use them for exactly the same thing as point 2 except for the PER direct service part which isn't going to happen with AMS.
4) This is also about leverage within the QF/EK partnership. EK has been the bigger player here and QF using them to stablise their long haul ops to Europe, re-direct traffic back to the QF network and then expand again makes complete sense. But I see EK as a means to an end for QF to ensure maximum coverage of Europe and especially secondary Europe.

As for the comments from the illustrious leader of QR, if anything this highlights how dependant the Middle East Carriers are on the liberal access they've been provided to Australia and the amount of pax they get from the market. Realistically all handing alot more traffic rights to the UAE would do is de-stablise the market and allow a crapton of capacity to be dropped in. I think our Government has learned from what happened 6 to 7 years ago with that and while access rights for Middle East Carriers will keep growing it will be more measured. Another reason for AAB to go off because EK has the lions share of those rights.

Brexit may be a factor. There are a few corporates shifting activities out of London to Amsterdam and these might be more lucrative business customers. Maybe QF is seeing increased demand for Amsterdam?

TN486

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:35 am

QF2220, no offence taken and no offence offered. All opinions should be respected, and I find this happens in the majority of cases on this thread. In relation to the C17 in Brisbane, well done RAAF, expertly done. For those who felt it was unnecessary, maybe they should look at some videos of Kai Tak!! Bubble wrap anyone??

Dan23

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:28 am

Wednesday's QF50 SFO-MEL (VH-ZNC) didnt leave SFO and is now scheduled to depart at 2000 local on Thursday as QF50D, nearly 22 hours behind schedule. As a result QF9 today has been cancelled.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:53 am

Currently both Scoot 789 9V-OJE and Indonesia AirAsia 320 PK-AXX are grounded at PER due to engine issues. While I am not sure behind the AirAsia one, the Scoot flight landed at PER last night with only one engine, going of FR24 it looks like it happened on descent into PER, a full emergency was declared
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:12 am

VA to reduce SYD-CFS from 13 weekly to daily while TT will increase from 3 weekly to 6 weekly

https://m.coffscoastadvocate.com.au/new ... n/3547727/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:05 am

MH has extended A359 to SYD into NW18/19 except selected dates

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-11oct18/
Forum Moderator

vhqpa

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 am

Dan23 wrote:
Wednesday's QF50 SFO-MEL (VH-ZNC) didnt leave SFO and is now scheduled to depart at 2000 local on Thursday as QF50D, nearly 22 hours behind schedule. As a result QF9 today has been cancelled.

Is this just the PER-MEL-PER legs of QF10/QF9 cancelled with tonight's QF9 still operating the PER-LHR sector?
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 am

vhqpa wrote:
Dan23 wrote:

Is this just the PER-MEL-PER legs of QF10/QF9 cancelled with tonight's QF9 still operating the PER-LHR sector?

QF9 PER-LHR is cancelled as well
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:26 am

Thai Airways BKK-BNE still at 4 weekly for NW18/19 however 788 will be replaced by 772

Forum Moderator

Dan23

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:44 am

qf789 wrote:
vhqpa wrote:
Dan23 wrote:

I suppose QF had to choose whether to cancel todays QF9/10 MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL or replace the MEL-PER-MEL legs with A330/737 and send VH-ZND back PER-LHR tonight which would effectively then cancel tonights QF95/96 MEL-LAX-MEL.

tullamarine

Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:52 am

Dan23 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
vhqpa wrote:

I suppose QF had to choose whether to cancel todays QF9/10 MEL-PER-LHR-PER-MEL or replace the MEL-PER-MEL legs with A330/737 and send VH-ZND back PER-LHR tonight which would effectively then cancel tonights QF95/96 MEL-LAX-MEL.

October/November is traditionally fairly light season so QF would be able to re-accommodate pax from QF9 onto QF and EK services via DXB and SIN. I flew up to SIN on QF37 this week and A333 was only 25% full; colleague flew up on EK405 and it only had 80 pax on A380.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

kriskim

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:09 am

qf789 wrote:
Thai Airways BKK-BNE still at 4 weekly for NW18/19 however 788 will be replaced by 772

Significant downgrade in hard product, very disappointing.

The only route in Australia that will get the good product is MEL with the A350’s. TG is giving each of its routes in Australia a different aircraft type.
A world built upon connectivity.

Velocity7

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:16 am

kriskim wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Significant downgrade in hard product, very disappointing.

The only route in Australia that will get the good product is MEL with the A350’s. TG is giving each of its routes in Australia a different aircraft type.

I agree. I flew TG's 772ER's out of MEL frequently back in 2008/9 when they changed from the 346 and those angled lie flat J seats were as hard as a rock and terribly uncomfortable. 10 years on they must be tired unless they've had an upgrade? The inconsistency and frequent equipment changes that TG suffer from is a real shame. The service was always been pretty good

getluv

Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:23 pm

tullamarine wrote:
Dan23 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

October/November is traditionally fairly light season so QF would be able to re-accommodate pax from QF9 onto QF and EK services via DXB and SIN. I flew up to SIN on QF37 this week and A333 was only 25% full; colleague flew up on EK405 and it only had 80 pax on A380.

Lots of inbound flights are very close to full over the next few week or two.

Covering QF9/10 with partners is a lot easier than QF95/96.
I'm that bad type.

ben175

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Does Qantas restrict saver/sale fares during the double status credits promo? I can't find anything other than a Flexi fare in J from Perth to Europe in June/July... more than $14,000 return to LHR - no thanks!

AsiaTravel

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:49 pm

ben175 wrote:
Does Qantas restrict saver/sale fares during the double status credits promo? I can't find anything other than a Flexi fare in J from Perth to Europe in June/July... more than $14,000 return to LHR - no thanks!

They don't. Perth-LHR has so much demand that they sell higher fares only. I have been trying to get on this flight for my regulars Mel-Europe but the premium over SIN or DXB is too much.

DeltaB717

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Morning all - just wondering, does anyone have a list of the VA aircraft which have had WiFi fitted? Thanks in advance.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:32 pm

DeltaB717 wrote:
Morning all - just wondering, does anyone have a list of the VA aircraft which have had WiFi fitted? Thanks in advance.

I have a list on my phone of all VA WIFI aircraft, will post later on today
Forum Moderator

DeltaB717

Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:36 am

qf789 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

I have a list on my phone of all VA WIFI aircraft, will post later on today

Thanks much, that'd be grand :)

Goodbye

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:30 am

qf789 wrote:

Wow, they've gone from twice daily a couple of months ago (unsure if still double-daily?) to less than daily! Quite a downgrade.
✈︎

eamondzhang

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 am

Goodbye wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Wow, they've gone from twice daily a couple of months ago (unsure if still double-daily?) to less than daily! Quite a downgrade.

I thought they were daily before the reduction - you must be mixing BNE with MEL no? Thought MEL was the only port with 2x daily before the recent round of reduction.

Michael

Bluebird191

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:13 am

eamondzhang wrote:
Goodbye wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I thought they were daily before the reduction - you must be mixing BNE with MEL no? Thought MEL was the only port with 2x daily before the recent round of reduction.

Michael

Daily on a split schedule - can’t remember the exact details of flight timings, but IIRC it was 4x weekly on the current timings, 3x weekly roughly 9-10 hours back (night arrival and departure ex BNE). We’ve never seen TG double daily here in BNE

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 am

2 more 747F due in PER today, 1330 and 2140 respectively

https://twitter.com/perthairport/status ... 22402?s=21
Forum Moderator

openskies88

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:08 am

DeltaB717 wrote:

Here you go:

B737
YIF, YIG, YFW, YVD, YIE, YIR, YIL, YIY, YIS, YIO, YIU, YWD, YIV, YFP, YFQ, YFS, YFR, YFT, YFU, YFG, YFV, YFJ, YFN, YFI, YVC, YID, YFL, YFY, VUW, YIB, YIQ, YIJ, YFE, VUR, BZG, YWE, YIW, YIZ, YIM, YIT

B777
VOZ, VPD, VPE, VPF, VPH

VHZNE

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:31 am

qf789 wrote:
2 more 747F due in PER today, 1330 and 2140 respectively

https://twitter.com/perthairport/status ... 22402?s=21

Any idea how many that is now? Around 7 or 8 or something?

DeltaB717

Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:59 am

openskies88 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

Here you go:

B737
YIF, YIG, YFW, YVD, YIE, YIR, YIL, YIY, YIS, YIO, YIU, YWD, YIV, YFP, YFQ, YFS, YFR, YFT, YFU, YFG, YFV, YFJ, YFN, YFI, YVC, YID, YFL, YFY, VUW, YIB, YIQ, YIJ, YFE, VUR, BZG, YWE, YIW, YIZ, YIM, YIT

B777
VOZ, VPD, VPE, VPF, VPH

Thank you so much :) So none of the A330s have been done? Interesting!

tullamarine

Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:23 am

DeltaB717 wrote:
openskies88 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

Here you go:

B737

B777
VOZ, VPD, VPE, VPF, VPH

Thank you so much :) So none of the A330s have been done? Interesting!

I think that is as planned and advised. The A330s will be done once the 737s are finished. I think the first half of next year should see entire fleet fitted.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

Thai77w

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 am

The TG B772ER will be getting a new J cabin and Y refresh.

TG was daily into BNE. I'd expect them to reinstate a 5th or 6th flight again next year...
Aircraft types I've been on: PA31,Q300,AT75,AT76,717,733,738,739ER,763,772,77E,773,77W,788,789,744,319,320,332,333,346,359,380

Velocity7

Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 am

openskies88 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

Here you go:

B737

B777
VOZ, VPD, VPE, VPF, VPH

Good info, thanks! Apart from YIA, does that cover the rest of the YIx fleet? I don't have a list of all the registration numbers.

openskies88

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:37 am

Velocity7 wrote:
openskies88 wrote:
DeltaB717 wrote:

Here you go:

B737

B777
VOZ, VPD, VPE, VPF, VPH

Good info, thanks! Apart from YIA, does that cover the rest of the YIx fleet? I don't have a list of all the registration numbers.

No worries! YIA and YIH are the last aircraft to be fitted from the VAI B737 fleet. :smile:

cityairline

Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:31 pm

Hey!
I’m flying QR Business Class on DOH-ADL-DOH next month (November), and I was wondering if anyone knows if they deploy their Qsuite-configured A359 on this route yet, or if I have to settle with the (also amazing) ’’old’’ Business product?

Thank you in advance!
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:02 am

VA reveals international lounge network

https://www.ausbt.com.au/virgin-austral ... ource=hero
Forum Moderator

gpasternak

Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:14 am

Anyone know specific information regarding a loss of separation incident between a Qantas (MEL to BNE) and Virgin 737 (BNE to PPP) on October 11th near Brisbane. Apparently the ATSB have opened an investigation. I'm not familiar with the process so perhaps these investigations occur regularly.
Next flights: MKY-BNE-SYD-LAX-DEN-YYC-DEN-LAS-SFO-SYD-BNE-MKY

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos