mattyfitzg
Topic Author
Posts: 169
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Email sent to all Primera Air Crew members

Dear colleagues,

It is with great regret I am reaching out to you all this dark day. We have just been informed that both Primera Air Nordic and Primera Air Scandinavia will file for bankruptcy tomorrow October 2, 2018.

Currently flights are operated as normally and OCC, Crewing and Travel are working on arranging travel home for crews who happen to be on outstations.

Reasons I am sure are many but very high cost for the aircraft with corrosion last year as well as the delays of our new Airbuses lead to too high costs for wet lease and cancellations which in the end became too much for the airlines. Our owner was working on securing financing but was not able to in the end. This is what was stated during today’s staff meeting in the Riga office.

All the staff in the Riga office have been informed but official information will not be sent out until midnight by our owner. I understand it is difficult but please keep this to yourself if you can until after the official notification from the owner. In fact, I am not even authorized to send this email but I think it is the right thing to do for all of you out there on the line. You deserve to know.

I will continue to be available on phone and email.

God knows it has not been without its challenges but thanks to all of you great colleagues it has been a real honour to be at the controls of the flight ops department the past 7 years. We got the permits, we flew the flights, we got good reviews from the passengers. In other words, we fulfilled our part of the mission. The financial and commercial aspects we could not influence.

Thank you all for the past years and take good care of you out there.


Best regards,

Anders Ludvigsson
Director Flight Operations
Primera Air





As the email states. It’s not official, and with aircraft still in the air it seems a bit strange, maybe they’ll figure something out.

For the sake of the employees, many of whom were made redundant this time last year, I pray something gets figured out.
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1375
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:25 pm

Unofficial, but a really really bad sign.
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2125
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm

The guy says he wasn't authorized to send the e-mail; probably should retract his name.
 
a350lover
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Quite strange indeed, but not surprising taking into account its recents events.

They had been lately rescheduling its network quite often. As far as I know, they were among the worst in what has to do with working conditions, so I truly hope all the staff and crews affected by this find somewhere else soon a better working prospect.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1887
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm

I hope this is not true. Primera has announced quite the shakeup for the TATL market and it will benefit passengers greatly, not to mention the tons of people that work there and may lose their jobs
A350/CSeries = bae
 
asuflyer
Posts: 437
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:38 pm

WOW Air is next unless FI or AY decide to throw them a lifesaver.
 
CDGIAD
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Isn't this a fake e mail and a bad joke?

The wording is really odd for such a situation e.g "God knows" and some sentences even make no sense e.g "high cost for the aircraft with corrosion" ....

Also it seems weird they would shut down just after announcing new routes ex TXL and FRA.
 
a350lover
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:40 pm

PF047 from Stansted to IAD should have left Stansted at 15.55h (local) and it appears on the STN airport website as just "scheduled". PF041 to Newark should leave at 17.55h (local).
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:49 pm

a350lover wrote:
PF047 from Stansted to IAD should have left Stansted at 15.55h (local) and it appears on the STN airport website as just "scheduled". PF041 to Newark should leave at 17.55h (local).


There are unconfirmed Reports that STN has impounded the PF aircraft currently on the ground there.
 
LupineChemist
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Welp...there goes that startup.

If they ran out of cash in September, that just seems particularly bad and they never even had a shot at making it through the winter.
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:54 pm

Sad to hear but I never understood their business plan. Throwing more capacity at already very well served markets = profit? I guess they had to learn how silly that idea was the hard way.
 
TC957
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:55 pm

Better dust off the HiFly A380 to bring all the stranded passengers home from the holiday resorts they flew to.
 
[email protected]
Posts: 16616
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2001 6:29 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:05 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
Welp...there goes that startup.

If they ran out of cash in September, that just seems particularly bad and they never even had a shot at making it through the winter.


Not a start-up at all.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."
 
by738
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Apart from some hiccups they had some good product reviews esp on their new A321s. Shame.
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1541
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Sad if this is true.
@DadCelo
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 556
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:23 pm

Who'll get the MAX orders now?
 
xdlx
Posts: 940
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Come on folks once the new smell is gone you can not even pay the bills? Who approves these Business Plans?
 
eicvd
Posts: 1413
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:26 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
Welp...there goes that startup.

If they ran out of cash in September, that just seems particularly bad and they never even had a shot at making it through the winter.

Fair enough they were new to the TATL game but a startup they were not, I flew with them DUB-PMI-DUB in 2008 & 2009
COYBIB
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:30 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
Sad to hear but I never understood their business plan. Throwing more capacity at already very well served markets = profit? I guess they had to learn how silly that idea was the hard way.


I feel the same way. They should have allowed there initial transatlantic routes to mature first at least especially with the lack of aircraft they had and delays with deliveries
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
Ryga
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:30 pm

I know crew who were training with the airline at STN and they’ve all be turned away as well as being sent this email.
 
User avatar
RobK
Posts: 3626
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:43 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:33 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
Welp...there goes that startup.

If they ran out of cash in September, that just seems particularly bad and they never even had a shot at making it through the winter.


Primera have been around a long time and JetX before that as well.
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:40 pm

Good riddance. This company jumped from one country to another to find the lowest common denominator regulatory wise. The trail of court suits is long. I have personally known the CEO for a long time, and I know the owners track record. My description of them is not fit for print. I also know several ex Primera pilots. Not one of them has a good word for this company. Pilots working for them can only find better employment. I suspect same goes for most other staff except maybe office staff in Riga.
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 9582
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Media Coverage

On 1 October, at least one Primera Air Scandinavia Airbus A321 (OY-PAF) was impounded at Stansted Airport for unpaid airport charges. The aircraft was to operate flight PF41 to Newark.
https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/prim ... -tomorrow/
 
Eurowingsa320
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Well it’s a bit off a coincident that monarch went bankrupt a year ago today, Aslo the question now is who will buy 5 brand new a321neo aswell as 737max planes in order for next year aswell as upcoming slots at JFK
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 9582
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

 
jasoncrh
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Several things to me do not add up:
- why would the Director of Flight Ops (someone ranked quite high in such a small company) would leak such dramatic information, where he admitted to not be allowed to do so but asked to keep it secret?
- Primera Air being headquartered in Denmark, why would the Director of Flight Ops write an email in English?
- besides that letter that's been reposted by a few travel websites, there's no confirmation about a possible bankruptcy, and Primera Air website shows nothing of the sort.

Call me skeptical; but this story smells fishy.

Now, plenty of people on TripAdvisor complain about not receiving compensation as promised and as required by European laws. Maybe there's some truth to it?

So, as of now, it's nothing more than a rumor.
 
jasoncrh
Posts: 711
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:46 pm

nope - here it is, posted on their web site: https://primeraair.com/about-us/corpora ... perations/

WayexTDI wrote:
Several things to me do not add up:
- why would the Director of Flight Ops (someone ranked quite high in such a small company) would leak such dramatic information, where he admitted to not be allowed to do so but asked to keep it secret?
- Primera Air being headquartered in Denmark, why would the Director of Flight Ops write an email in English?
- besides that letter that's been reposted by a few travel websites, there's no confirmation about a possible bankruptcy, and Primera Air website shows nothing of the sort.

Call me skeptical; but this story smells fishy.

Now, plenty of people on TripAdvisor complain about not receiving compensation as promised and as required by European laws. Maybe there's some truth to it?

So, as of now, it's nothing more than a rumor.
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1173
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:49 pm

jasoncrh wrote:
nope - here it is, posted on their web site: https://primeraair.com/about-us/corpora ... perations/

WayexTDI wrote:
Several things to me do not add up:
- why would the Director of Flight Ops (someone ranked quite high in such a small company) would leak such dramatic information, where he admitted to not be allowed to do so but asked to keep it secret?
- Primera Air being headquartered in Denmark, why would the Director of Flight Ops write an email in English?
- besides that letter that's been reposted by a few travel websites, there's no confirmation about a possible bankruptcy, and Primera Air website shows nothing of the sort.

Call me skeptical; but this story smells fishy.

Now, plenty of people on TripAdvisor complain about not receiving compensation as promised and as required by European laws. Maybe there's some truth to it?

So, as of now, it's nothing more than a rumor.


Interesting, the timing of my response was bad then: I checked the website and it did not have that notice. Now it does.

Nevermind then.
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Eurowingsa320 wrote:
Well it’s a bit off a coincident that monarch went bankrupt a year ago today, Aslo the question now is who will buy 5 brand new a321neo aswell as 737max planes in order for next year aswell as upcoming slots at JFK


I wouldn't think that lessors will have many problems placing latest generation narrow-body aircraft. I think all delivered A321neo's are the standard model. I will be interested to see who takes the LRs though - will they be used for LR type routes or as a regular A321neo? It will be an interesting test for the re-sale market of the LR.
I know EI have had some delays to their A321LR order - I don't know if this is from the Airbus or Aer Lingus end. They may be interested in having the first few aircraft sooner, in time for the launch of MSP, they are currently an LR/757 short as things stand. Primera had planned introduction to service for Q4 2018, How quickly cabin furnishings etc would be available, who knows.
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1942
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Gone in a flash!
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2832
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:00 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:
Who'll get the MAX orders now?


For the eight direct Boeing orders, slots will likely get offered to other airlines.
 
klm617
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:01 pm

I have said this before another carrier adding capacity into already over crowed markets and basically giving seats away it's time to start looking beyond BOS and NYC where they can at least get a better fare where they will be the only player in town. Imagine FRA to BOS and JFK what can they expect to make in that market.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:01 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
Several things to me do not add up:
- why would the Director of Flight Ops (someone ranked quite high in such a small company) would leak such dramatic information, where he admitted to not be allowed to do so but asked to keep it secret?
- Primera Air being headquartered in Denmark, why would the Director of Flight Ops write an email in English?
- besides that letter that's been reposted by a few travel websites, there's no confirmation about a possible bankruptcy, and Primera Air website shows nothing of the sort.


The letter being in English was the least strange aspect of this whole thing. There wasn't really anything Danish about this company. The owners are Icelandic and it was nominally registered in Latvia and the staff was mostly of various eastern European nationalities. Very few of the intended audience of this letter would speak Danish.
 
User avatar
J4YC3
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Eurowingsa320 wrote:
Well it’s a bit off a coincident that monarch went bankrupt a year ago today


I don't think it's a coincidence at all. They both probably limped along thanks to the increased business during summer and finally crashed when that extra cash flow dried up.
Bah, humbug!
 
n797mx
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:03 pm

Clear skies and strong tail winds.
 
pdp
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Ryga wrote:
I know crew who were training with the airline at STN and they’ve all be turned away as well as being sent this email.


This is the saddest part, all of those staff made redundant. :(

What'll be interesting is to see where the A321s go. Who currently has NEOs with CFM engines that would want these?
 
a350lover
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 pm

Despite the relatively big of these break news, mainly because Primera was one of the bunch of low-cost airlines which had just entered the low cost transatlantic market with big plans, to put things into perspective cause I am a bit lost... what is current Primera Air fleet size? Apparently, the section "Scandinavia" had under its AOC 8 aicrafts, 5 A321LR (was launch customer!), and 3 737.

Under Primera Air Nordic, there are apparently another 7 Boeings 737, all leased.

Customers for its A321LR for sure are gonna show up soon...
 
787Driver
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
jasoncrh wrote:
nope - here it is, posted on their web site: https://primeraair.com/about-us/corpora ... perations/

WayexTDI wrote:
Several things to me do not add up:
- why would the Director of Flight Ops (someone ranked quite high in such a small company) would leak such dramatic information, where he admitted to not be allowed to do so but asked to keep it secret?
- Primera Air being headquartered in Denmark, why would the Director of Flight Ops write an email in English?
- besides that letter that's been reposted by a few travel websites, there's no confirmation about a possible bankruptcy, and Primera Air website shows nothing of the sort.

Call me skeptical; but this story smells fishy.

Now, plenty of people on TripAdvisor complain about not receiving compensation as promised and as required by European laws. Maybe there's some truth to it?

So, as of now, it's nothing more than a rumor.


Interesting, the timing of my response was bad then: I checked the website and it did not have that notice. Now it does.

Nevermind then.


Plus there's nothing fishy about sending out an email in english just because Primera Air is/was based in Denmark as there are probably many expats working there.
Last edited by 787Driver on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Thibault973
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Well I hope we travellers who booked with them can get our money back because when Air Madrid shut down we, a family of 6, never saw 1 dime of the tickets we had booked with them to buenos aires :(
 
klm617
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:14 pm

This airline would have been better off setting itself up at LGW or FRA and flying to places like PIT, PHL, CLE, CMH, CVG, DTW, BWI, CLT and the like 3 or 4 times a week rather than trying to break into BOS, YYZ and NYC that are already over crowded
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
TropicalSky
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Delta could jump for the earlier NEO slots :bouncy:

pdp wrote:
Ryga wrote:
I know crew who were training with the airline at STN and they’ve all be turned away as well as being sent this email.


This is the saddest part, all of those staff made redundant. :(

What'll be interesting is to see where the A321s go. Who currently has NEOs with CFM engines that would want these?
 
TC957
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Thibault973 wrote:
Well I hope we travellers who booked with them can get our money back because when Air Madrid shut down we, a family of 6, never saw 1 dime of the tickets we had booked with them to buenos aires :(

That's because you didn't book with a travel company that has a financial protection system in place for it's clients.
 
User avatar
adamh8297
Posts: 3073
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

MAH4546 correctly predicted this one. He said their transatlantic aspirations may not last a year.


klm617 wrote:
This airline would have been better off setting itself up at LGW or FRA and flying to places like PIT, PHL, CLE, CMH, CVG, DTW, BWI, CLT and the like 3 or 4 times a week rather than trying to break into BOS, YYZ and NYC that are already over crowded


Bankruptcy would have happened in July if they did that.
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS
 
TC957
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Perhaps this is also a warning to JetBlue to think very carefully with their TATL plans being touted about.
 
Thibault973
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 pm

TC957 wrote:
Thibault973 wrote:
Well I hope we travellers who booked with them can get our money back because when Air Madrid shut down we, a family of 6, never saw 1 dime of the tickets we had booked with them to buenos aires :(

That's because you didn't book with a travel company that has a financial protection system in place for it's clients.


Booked directly on the airlines website like I always do :(
 
LewisNEO
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:27 pm

a350lover wrote:
Despite the relatively big of these break news, mainly because Primera was one of the bunch of low-cost airlines which had just entered the low cost transatlantic market with big plans, to put things into perspective cause I am a bit lost... what is current Primera Air fleet size? Apparently, the section "Scandinavia" had under its AOC 8 aicrafts, 5 A321LR (was launch customer!), and 3 737.

Under Primera Air Nordic, there are apparently another 7 Boeings 737, all leased.

Customers for its A321LR for sure are gonna show up soon...


I am sure for that. They also have another 737 MAX 9 on order which are/were due soon. I'll guess there are plenty of users who want them from the lessor.
According to wiki there are 18 on order, but I found on the Boeing website an order for 8, up to 20. https://www.boeing.com/commercial/custo ... order.page
You are the wind beneath my wings.

Fokker 27, Bombardier Dash 8, Embraer 175 & 195, 727-200, 737-200 & -300 & -400 & -800, 747-400, 767-300, 767-400, DC 10-30, A320-200, A330-200, A330-300, A380.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13773
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:40 pm

Makes me wonder if they went down because of their TATL expansion. They have been flying for a few years on short haul "charter routes", and that seemed to work for them. Always thought their TATL expansion was kind of crazy.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
klm617
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:44 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
MAH4546 correctly predicted this one. He said their transatlantic aspirations may not last a year.


klm617 wrote:
This airline would have been better off setting itself up at LGW or FRA and flying to places like PIT, PHL, CLE, CMH, CVG, DTW, BWI, CLT and the like 3 or 4 times a week rather than trying to break into BOS, YYZ and NYC that are already over crowded


Bankruptcy would have happened in July if they did that.


How so at least they could have gotten a nice return on fares probably triple of what they were charging out of BOS, YYZ and NYC
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...
 
TC957
Posts: 3487
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:46 pm

B747forever wrote:
Makes me wonder if they went down because of their TATL expansion. They have been flying for a few years on short haul "charter routes", and that seemed to work for them. Always thought their TATL expansion was kind of crazy.

Must have been a major factor no doubt. Their TATL ambitions were a mess from the very beginning - not helped of course by the late A321LR deliveries.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos