Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:40 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
This does seem to cast some doubt onto the whole narrowbody-longhaul-lowcost model. It worked for the US airlines with the 757s, but those aircraft were already paid off. Now we have one airline bust after chasing this model, and WOW air looking like it might be in trouble too. Experienced players like Ryanair, EasyJet and JetBlue have so far kept well away. Will it ever make economic sense to do it with brand new and expensive planes?


IMO the problem with the narrowbody-longhaul-lowcost model in European or American carriers is that there are few markets that are unexplored.

In TATL flights, it is basically US/Canada East Coast to the Westernmost part of Europe. And that it is. And when developing secondary routes (like Edinburg-Providence or whatever) they failed. From Europe elsewhere there is not much to fly to. Middle East? Maybe Dubai is the only place worth considering, but with so much competition from the ME3... forget about it. Europe-Africa might be interesting in the future but at the moment those are small markets in terms of PAX.


There are a lot of unexplored markets in the Midwest that could support service. These carriers have to start thinking out of the box BOS, NYC and the like are already over saturated with low fare seat by carriers with brand recognition why would anyone buy a ticket on this airline to fly to BOS and NYC when they already have choices like FI and EI where they can get a comparable fare by a reputable carrier this guides need to move into markets that have limited or no TATL service that's where their salvation will be.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:03 pm

klm617 wrote:
There are a lot of unexplored markets in the Midwest that could support service. These carriers have to start thinking out of the box BOS, NYC and the like are already over saturated with low fare seat by carriers with brand recognition why would anyone buy a ticket on this airline to fly to BOS and NYC when they already have choices like FI and EI where they can get a comparable fare by a reputable carrier this guides need to move into markets that have limited or no TATL service that's where their salvation will be.


What about range?
 
capitalflyer
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:43 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Not sure how low cost this would be, but could a "low cost" airline startup with an A380 and flood the market with cheap fares? The model being consolidate a whole bunch of seats, reducing costs, sell seats cheaper, increase demand, repeat, profit! Primera did an underpants gnome economic model: 1. Lower fares 2. .... 3. profit!! Basic economics.

If you are going to sell things at a cheaper price, you need to sell more of them (A380) not less (737) to make a profit.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:45 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
There are a lot of unexplored markets in the Midwest that could support service. These carriers have to start thinking out of the box BOS, NYC and the like are already over saturated with low fare seat by carriers with brand recognition why would anyone buy a ticket on this airline to fly to BOS and NYC when they already have choices like FI and EI where they can get a comparable fare by a reputable carrier this guides need to move into markets that have limited or no TATL service that's where their salvation will be.


What about range?


Range is not a problem from the UK and Ireland to DTW, BWI, CLE, PIT, CMH, MKE, PHL, CLT, IND, YQG, YOW, YWG not sure about ATL and STL but these are all markets with little or no low fare service to Europe that could sustain service on a less than daily narrow body flight. These are all pretty much untapped and ripe for the picking.
 
716131
Posts: 892
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:00 pm

danipawa wrote:
Sad to hear, lets see who can take those A321NEO and Max orders (first one already build)

7163 737-9 Primera Air
Image7163 737-9 Primera Air by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

For the A321neo, there is a rumour that BA are interested in taking former Primera's A321neo. And for the MAX 9, i think Lion Group would be the airline that will take up this airframe.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm

SQ789 wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Sad to hear, lets see who can take those A321NEO and Max orders (first one already build)

7163 737-9 Primera Air
Image7163 737-9 Primera Air by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

For the A321neo, there is a rumour that BA are interested in taking former Primera's A321neo. And for the MAX 9, i think Lion Group would be the airline that will take up this airframe.


Do you have any source for these so called ''rumours'' especially the comment regarding British Airways being interested in taking the former A321neos?
 
User avatar
LuxuryTravelled
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:06 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Primera Air Scandinavia hasn't declared bankruptcy yet apparently and the call centre is staffed in Copenhagen. Primera Air Nordic has - and the Riga offices have closed, with the first aircraft of theirs going to Ireland. Maybe this isn't quite over...?
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:07 pm

AOC must be gone by now. The Danish CAA is not going to authorise a carrier that has publicly declared bankruptsy to continue flying.
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:10 pm

LuxuryTravelled wrote:
Primera Air Scandinavia hasn't declared bankruptcy yet apparently and the call centre is staffed in Copenhagen. Primera Air Nordic has - and the Riga offices have closed, with the first aircraft of theirs going to Ireland. Maybe this isn't quite over...?

Primera Air website is down right now. But their communiqué and Twitter feed clearly mentioned both Primera Air Scandinavia (IATA Code PF) and Primera Air Nordic (IATA Code 6F) ceased operations and their respective IATA Codes suspended.
Maybe the office closed is currently only Riga (Primera Air Nordic); but it is clear Copenhagen is next to close.
 
mattyfitzg
Topic Author
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm

If you notice all the aircraft being flown away, YL-PSI yesterday and YL-PSG currently enroute away from CPH, these are all Nordic aircraft, whereas all PF Scandinavian a/c in Stansted, CDG and one in CPH.

Also to note is that crewing keep changing people rosters still even today, with flights on the 5th being added to people rosters.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15877
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Especially TATL, the legacy airlines are offering bare bones coach, have plenty of seats to fill, have the ability to cover you or arrange alternatives if things go bad, if choose the right airline get a competitive all in fare cost (like BA with no 1st bag fees), good connections to/from destinations from key hub airports.
Sure, $99 fares are great, and back in the 80's used such airlines, but if get stranded for days if the cheap airline goes bust or due to weather, you will likely end up paying much more that would have with a well searched legacy deal.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:55 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Especially TATL, the legacy airlines are offering bare bones coach, have plenty of seats to fill, have the ability to cover you or arrange alternatives if things go bad, if choose the right airline get a competitive all in fare cost (like BA with no 1st bag fees), good connections to/from destinations from key hub airports.
Sure, $99 fares are great, and back in the 80's used such airlines, but if get stranded for days if the cheap airline goes bust or due to weather, you will likely end up paying much more that would have with a well searched legacy deal.


And that's it right there the major markets are all over tapped right now and no one is going to book an airlines they never heard in the major markets where there is an abundance of choice. These airlines need to go into places where they don't have a plethora of competition to deal with and then they can get customers with their low fares and unique type of service they need to go into the over priced markets that's where their success will be. Let's just talk ATL and DTW with the amount of TATL service these airports have at the high end of the fare scale can you imagine the success they could have offering fares half that much they their planes would be full from the get go. They also need to focus more on USA originating passenger as fares from Europe to the USA are already pretty cheap on the legacy carriers it the US based passenger that get sticker shock when purchasing travel to Europe on the legacy carriers.
 
mattyfitzg
Topic Author
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:43 pm

According to Danish companies house, Primera hasn’t filed for bankruptcy.

https://datacvr.virk.dk/data/visenhed?e ... uage=en-gb
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:09 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
According to Danish companies house, Primera hasn’t filed for bankruptcy.

https://datacvr.virk.dk/data/visenhed?e ... uage=en-gb

Could it be that this website takes a day of two to update?
Both Primera Air website and Twitter account say they've ceased operations; and basically, "good luck to the stranded pax"...
 
peterinlisbon
Posts: 1977
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:57 pm

They were going up against Norweigan, which has 787s and has really low prices for transatlantic flights, as well as WOW. And I think they were charging low fares but some absolutely ridiculous fees for luggage. I flew with them once from Stansted to Malaga and there were only about 20 people on the plane - it felt strange because from where I was sitting I couldn't see or hear any other passengers. The fare was about £25 (even the day before the flight).

There are a couple of similarities with Monarch - both went bankrupt the same time of year and both must have been losing a lot of money on the London-Malaga route. I don't understand why they wouldn't just leave that route if it's not profitable.
 
mattyfitzg
Topic Author
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:55 pm

https://www.flyvebranchen.dk/til-medlem ... r-konkurs/


Danish cabin crew union day Primera IS NOT BANKRUPT. And has until 16th October to “sort it’s sh*t out” basically. Also says to crew to be prepared to be called out with 24 hours notice.
 
A380MSN004
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:07 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:57 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
https://www.flyvebranchen.dk/til-medlemmer-af-pcu-og-papa-vedr-pas-under-konkurs/


Danish cabin crew union day Primera IS NOT BANKRUPT. And has until 16th October to “sort it’s sh*t out” basically. Also says to crew to be prepared to be called out with 24 hours notice.


What?

PF already lose all their credibility
 
Planeflyer
Posts: 1528
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:13 am

klm617 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Especially TATL, the legacy airlines are offering bare bones coach, have plenty of seats to fill, have the ability to cover you or arrange alternatives if things go bad, if choose the right airline get a competitive all in fare cost (like BA with no 1st bag fees), good connections to/from destinations from key hub airports.
Sure, $99 fares are great, and back in the 80's used such airlines, but if get stranded for days if the cheap airline goes bust or due to weather, you will likely end up paying much more that would have with a well searched legacy deal.


And that's it right there the major markets are all over tapped right now and no one is going to book an airlines they never heard in the major markets where there is an abundance of choice. These airlines need to go into places where they don't have a plethora of competition to deal with and then they can get customers with their low fares and unique type of service they need to go into the over priced markets that's where their success will be. Let's just talk ATL and DTW with the amount of TATL service these airports have at the high end of the fare scale can you imagine the success they could have offering fares half that much they their planes would be full from the get go. They also need to focus more on USA originating passenger as fares from Europe to the USA are already pretty cheap on the legacy carriers it the US based passenger that get sticker shock when purchasing travel to Europe on the legacy carriers.


So true!
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:47 am

Just run down for each Primera Air Group fleet, before all are moved into history section:

Registration Serial Aircraft Type Config Delivery Date Remark Age
Group-wide fleet:
OY-PAA 8145 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 16. Apr 2018 Stored, lsf GECAS 0.5 Years
OY-PAC 8260 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 25. May 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.4 Years
OY-PAD 8288 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 31. Jul 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.2 Years
OY-PAE 8312 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 13. Aug 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.2 Years
OY-PAF 8318 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 05. Jul 2018 Stored, lsf GECAS 0.3 Years
YL-PSF 28210 / 22 Boeing 737-7Q8(WL) Y148 26. Oct 2015 Stored, lsf AerCap 20.4 Years
YL-PSG 30743 / 922 Boeing 737-7BX(WL) Y148 16. Dec 2015 Stored, lsf DVB Bank 17.2 Years
OY-PSE 30664 / 743 Boeing 737-809(WL) Y189 19. Aug 2009 Stored, lsf AerCap 17.8 Years
OY-PSJ 36548 / 3312 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 17. Sep 2018 Stored, lsf CMB Financial Leasing 8.3 Years
YL-PSB 30722 / 2261 Boeing 737-8Q8(WL) Y189 08. Apr 2015 Stored, lsf AerCap 11.4 Years
YL-PSC 33419 / 1251 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 16. Feb 2015 Stored, lsf GECAS 15.9 Years
YL-PSD 28618 / 514 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 27. Jan 2015 Stored, lsf GECAS 18.6 Years
YL-PSH 34247 / 1830 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 08. Oct 2014 Stored, lsf GECAS 12.9 Years
YL-PSI 27983 / 218 Boeing 737-8K5(WL) Y189 16. Jan 2017 Stored, lsf AerCap 19.6 Years

Primera Air Scandinavia fleet:
OY-PAA 8145 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 16. Apr 2018 Stored, lsf GECAS 0.5 Years
OY-PAC 8260 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 25. May 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.4 Years
OY-PAD 8288 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 31. Jul 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.2 Years
OY-PAE 8312 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 13. Aug 2018 Stored, lsf ACG 0.2 Years
OY-PAF 8318 Airbus A321-251N W16Y182 05. Jul 2018 Stored, lsf GECAS 0.3 Years
OY-PSE 30664 / 743 Boeing 737-809(WL) Y189 19. Aug 2009 Stored, lsf AerCap 17.8 Years
OY-PSJ 36548 / 3312 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 17. Sep 2018 Stored, lsf CMB Financial Leasing 8.3 Years

Primera Air Nordic fleet:
YL-PSF 28210 / 22 Boeing 737-7Q8(WL) Y148 26. Oct 2015 Stored, lsf AerCap 20.4 Years
YL-PSG 30743 / 922 Boeing 737-7BX(WL) Y148 16. Dec 2015 Stored, lsf DVB Bank 17.2 Years
YL-PSB 30722 / 2261 Boeing 737-8Q8(WL) Y189 08. Apr 2015 Stored, lsf AerCap 11.4 Years
YL-PSC 33419 / 1251 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 16. Feb 2015 Stored, lsf GECAS 15.9 Years
YL-PSD 28618 / 514 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 27. Jan 2015 Stored, lsf GECAS 18.6 Years
YL-PSH 34247 / 1830 Boeing 737-86N(WL) Y189 08. Oct 2014 Stored, lsf GECAS 12.9 Years
YL-PSI 27983 / 218 Boeing 737-8K5(WL) Y189 16. Jan 2017 Stored, lsf AerCap 19.6 Years

Source: planespotters.net
 
UPNYGuy
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:05 am

arcticcruiser wrote:
GalebG4 wrote:
Who will take max9? Probably Icelandair,Turkish,United,Alaska,Aeromexico or who knows... A321neo will go as hot cakes. They had crazy business plan and they failed miserably. JetBlue will think twice before they start new TATL ops. Who knows what will happened in future with low cost long haul but they were crazy optimistic. There is plenty of market for thin routes on TATL market. Norwegian wasn’t that successful, but maybe real European ultra low cost players will show us what they can do. What is happening with WOW? To me looks like they’re doing great.


WOW air doing great? Then you have not been keeping up. They have been on a ventilator recently and just today announced they are dropping Stockholm, Edinburgh and SFO in one month!



Now surprising WOW are dropping EDI. That route is less than daily, and was 10 to 20% load when I flew it.
 
fessor
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:48 am

A380MSN004 wrote:
mattyfitzg wrote:
https://www.flyvebranchen.dk/til-medlemmer-af-pcu-og-papa-vedr-pas-under-konkurs/


Danish cabin crew union day Primera IS NOT BANKRUPT. And has until 16th October to “sort it’s sh*t out” basically. Also says to crew to be prepared to be called out with 24 hours notice.


What?

PF already lose all their credibility


yes they are during konkurs withs means the company is closed down and some lawyers is now trying to get as much money out if the company as possible.
that means that the staff can be called back to work if someone is buying what is left of the company. It happened when Sterling went bankrupt and then bought up by Cimber.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:42 am

klm617 wrote:
Range is not a problem from the UK and Ireland to DTW, BWI, CLE, PIT, CMH, MKE, PHL, CLT, IND, YQG, YOW, YWG not sure about ATL and STL but these are all markets with little or no low fare service to Europe that could sustain service on a less than daily narrow body flight. These are all pretty much untapped and ripe for the picking.


But that is a niche market by itself. "Medium-sized Midwest US/Canadian cities to London/Dublin". You cannot support multiple carriers doing those flights.

That proves very well how niche this long-haul narrow-body TATL market is. There is simply no space for multiple carriers. Even Norwegian hasn't been able to make work most of those routes to places like PVD.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:53 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Range is not a problem from the UK and Ireland to DTW, BWI, CLE, PIT, CMH, MKE, PHL, CLT, IND, YQG, YOW, YWG not sure about ATL and STL but these are all markets with little or no low fare service to Europe that could sustain service on a less than daily narrow body flight. These are all pretty much untapped and ripe for the picking.


But that is a niche market by itself. "Medium-sized Midwest US/Canadian cities to London/Dublin". You cannot support multiple carriers doing those flights.

That proves very well how niche this long-haul narrow-body TATL market is. There is simply no space for multiple carriers. Even Norwegian hasn't been able to make work most of those routes to places like PVD.


That's right and there is no LCC or ULCC on any of those routes from LGW . All the place I listed are bigger market than PVD. Adding PVD would be like adding DAY, SYR or BUF all the markets I suggested are way larger than PVD or even BDL for that matter.
 
User avatar
klm617
Posts: 5467
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:06 pm

UPNYGuy wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:
GalebG4 wrote:
Who will take max9? Probably Icelandair,Turkish,United,Alaska,Aeromexico or who knows... A321neo will go as hot cakes. They had crazy business plan and they failed miserably. JetBlue will think twice before they start new TATL ops. Who knows what will happened in future with low cost long haul but they were crazy optimistic. There is plenty of market for thin routes on TATL market. Norwegian wasn’t that successful, but maybe real European ultra low cost players will show us what they can do. What is happening with WOW? To me looks like they’re doing great.


WOW air doing great? Then you have not been keeping up. They have been on a ventilator recently and just today announced they are dropping Stockholm, Edinburgh and SFO in one month!



Now surprising WOW are dropping EDI. That route is less than daily, and was 10 to 20% load when I flew it.


Remember Norwegian also closed their EDI operations down so maybe it's a case of cost rather than how successful the service was.
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:21 pm

klm617 wrote:
UPNYGuy wrote:
arcticcruiser wrote:

WOW air doing great? Then you have not been keeping up. They have been on a ventilator recently and just today announced they are dropping Stockholm, Edinburgh and SFO in one month!



Now surprising WOW are dropping EDI. That route is less than daily, and was 10 to 20% load when I flew it.


Remember Norwegian also closed their EDI operations down so maybe it's a case of cost rather than how successful the service was.


They cited taxes as the reason. Flying from the UK was too costly.
 
skipness1E
Posts: 5041
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:18 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Useful excuse, the APD tax is the cost of doing business. Same rubbish Ryanair spout
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:08 pm

So, bottom line: has Primera Air filed for bankruptcy or not? Their website announced they've ceased operation, that the IATA Codes have been suspended; other media say they have filed, the union website says they haven't filed (and basically gave hope they can reorganize).

So, what's the exact situation?
 
londonistan
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:57 pm

skipness1E wrote:
Useful excuse, the APD tax is the cost of doing business. Same rubbish Ryanair spout


Too true. I ended up paying £268 Stansted to Dinard return on a Sunday, Baggage APD etc etc etc etc etc etc etc....
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15877
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:02 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
So, bottom line: has Primera Air filed for bankruptcy or not? Their website announced they've ceased operation, that the IATA Codes have been suspended; other media say they have filed, the union website says they haven't filed (and basically gave hope they can reorganize).

So, what's the exact situation?


It may take a few days to do filings in several countries for bankruptcy or receivership. Perhaps too not all parts will be placed into them and may continue operating.
 
CaptPizzaPants
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Could Primera's delivery slots for the A321LR be picked up by B6?
 
prebennorholm
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 6:25 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
So, bottom line: has Primera Air filed for bankruptcy or not?

Primera Air filed for bankruptcy effective midnight between 1st and 2nd October.

WayexTDI wrote:
the union website says they haven't filed (and basically gave hope they can reorganize).

So, what's the exact situation?

No. The Danish union website tells exactly that they filed bankruptcy. I have noticed conflicting info on this thread, and it must be due to translation error. Or maybe a misunderstanding because the same website memtions that union members must be available until 16 October to assist the curators with orderly dismantling of the company.

They will of course be paid for work in that period. Either from assets from the company, or if that's not possible, then from "Lønmodtagernes Garantifond", a Danish state run guaranty fond which as the its purpose takes care of exactly such events.

However, my guess is that Danish union workers are a very small fraction of the former Primera staff and crews.
 
Jshank83
Posts: 4596
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:26 pm

One of their planes just arrived at MCI. I wonder what they are going to do with it? Someone else already lease/buy it?

YL-PSG

https://twitter.com/JoeKCI/status/1047935257306173440
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:18 am

prebennorholm wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
the union website says they haven't filed (and basically gave hope they can reorganize).

So, what's the exact situation?

No. The Danish union website tells exactly that they filed bankruptcy. I have noticed conflicting info on this thread, and it must be due to translation error. Or maybe a misunderstanding because the same website memtions that union members must be available until 16 October to assist the curators with orderly dismantling of the company.

They will of course be paid for work in that period. Either from assets from the company, or if that's not possible, then from "Lønmodtagernes Garantifond", a Danish state run guaranty fond which as the its purpose takes care of exactly such events.

However, my guess is that Danish union workers are a very small fraction of the former Primera staff and crews.

The Danish union website says "For good reason, we must emphasize that the bankruptcy decree has not yet been published in the Official Gazette.", which is where the confusion is standing at.
 
prebennorholm
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2000 6:25 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:23 am

WayexTDI wrote:
The Danish union website says "For good reason, we must emphasize that the bankruptcy decree has not yet been published in the Official Gazette.", which is where the confusion is standing at.

Okay, the Danish official gazette is www.statstidende.dk ("state's journal"). It has a deadline 7 a.m. the day before publishing. It is there now:
https://statstidende.dk/default.aspx?pg ... rm=primera

The time of publishing has certain legal implications which lawyers know about. But obviously you cannot file any claim until it has been published where to file it.

This is of course only the subsidiary Primera Air Scandinavia. The main company and HQ, Primera Air Nordic, is in Latvia, and its bankruptcy will be handled under Latvian law.
 
iahcsr
Posts: 4777
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 1999 2:59 pm

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 am

Cunard wrote:
SQ789 wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Sad to hear, lets see who can take those A321NEO and Max orders (first one already build)

7163 737-9 Primera Air
Image7163 737-9 Primera Air by 737 MAX Production, on Flickr

For the A321neo, there is a rumour that BA are interested in taking former Primera's A321neo. And for the MAX 9, i think Lion Group would be the airline that will take up this airframe.


Do you have any source for these so called ''rumours'' especially the comment regarding British Airways being interested in taking the former A321neos?

This aircraft flew BFIVCV on the 7th. Whether it was always going to go there for the aux tank install or now just for storage is the Q. :scratchchin: :confused:
 
VSMUT
Posts: 5497
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Primera Air bankruptcy

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:58 am

Jshank83 wrote:
One of their planes just arrived at MCI. I wonder what they are going to do with it? Someone else already lease/buy it?

YL-PSG

https://twitter.com/JoeKCI/status/1047935257306173440


It's not just that one that has been fetched by the leasing company:

https://www.check-in.dk/primera-fly-kun ... e-11-dage/

2x A321Ns have gone to Malta (OY-PAA and -PFF)
4x 737s have gone to Shannon (OY-PSE, -PSA, YL-PSI and -PSC)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos