CDGIAD
Topic Author
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Update on Austrian rebranding?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:32 am

Last spring OS announced a new branding with a new typeface for Austrian and a revised livery.

This livery was only applied to one 777 OE-LPF so far and their website still has the old awful myAustrian branding. The mobile site has the new one though.

Anybody knows why that is ?

Thanks
 
User avatar
DABYT
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: Update on Austrian rebranding?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 am

As far as I know it was planned to have 18 aircraft painted in the new colors until summer 2019. For the whole fleet it was estimated to take 7 years to apply the new livery. Not sure if they’ll keep up with that schedule...
 
ME720
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Update on Austrian rebranding?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:52 am

DABYT wrote:
As far as I know it was planned to have 18 aircraft painted in the new colors until summer 2019. For the whole fleet it was estimated to take 7 years to apply the new livery. Not sure if they’ll keep up with that schedule...


That was a very classy airline that ruined its branding over the years.
Their liverly on the DC9 and MD80s was very elegant.. adding blue later on and the ridiculous shadow of the arrow.. was a big mistake in my opinion..and not to speak of their FA costumes! They look like little red ridding hood!!’
 
User avatar
MSPSXMFLIER
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:37 am

Re: Update on Austrian rebranding?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:11 pm

ME720 wrote:
DABYT wrote:
As far as I know it was planned to have 18 aircraft painted in the new colors until summer 2019. For the whole fleet it was estimated to take 7 years to apply the new livery. Not sure if they’ll keep up with that schedule...


That was a very classy airline that ruined its branding over the years.
Their liverly on the DC9 and MD80s was very elegant.. adding blue later on and the ridiculous shadow of the arrow.. was a big mistake in my opinion..and not to speak of their FA costumes! They look like little red ridding hood!!’


In total agreement with you on how classy their livery appeared on the DC-9’s, MD80’s and early on with their A310’s. I never could figure out why they chose to add the blue underbelly, engines and also the shadowing of the arrow, it all looked so terribly out of place. The new livery, while not as perfect as the one we both like, is much improved from what it is replacing.
 
CDGIAD
Topic Author
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Update on Austrian rebranding?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:01 pm

I agree that the livery with the thin blue green line along the fuselage with Austrian Airlines and not just Austrian was their best livery.
The newest one is better than the light blue belly one which is why I can't wait to see it more.
 
User avatar
MSPSXMFLIER
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:37 am

Re: Update on Austrian rebranding?

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:05 pm

MSPSXMFLIER wrote:
ME720 wrote:
DABYT wrote:
As far as I know it was planned to have 18 aircraft painted in the new colors until summer 2019. For the whole fleet it was estimated to take 7 years to apply the new livery. Not sure if they’ll keep up with that schedule...


That was a very classy airline that ruined its branding over the years.
Their liverly on the DC9 and MD80s was very elegant.. adding blue later on and the ridiculous shadow of the arrow.. was a big mistake in my opinion..and not to speak of their FA costumes! They look like little red ridding hood!!’


In total agreement with you on how classy their livery appeared on the DC-9’s, MD80’s and early on with their A310’s. I never could figure out why they chose to add the blue underbelly, engines and also the shadowing of the arrow, it all looked so terribly out of place. The new livery, while not as perfect as the one we both like, is much improved from what it is replacing.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos