Flighty

Re: AA Announces New Intl/Domestic Flights for 2019

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:15 pm

evank516 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Good to see BFL get some love. DFW-GNV is not a route I would have expected. Thought they flew DFW-BUR. LGA-TYS was there before. DCA-OKC was there before I thought. LAX-TUL was there before I'm pretty sure. JFK-SAT is odd.

I guess this opens the inevitable question...what is getting cut? I expect a significant number of balancing drops.

PMAA flew it with MD-80s and exited BUR completely a few years ago. After the merger AA was back in BUR with PHX-BUR flights, so DFW-BUR is more of a reinstatement than new service. DFW-GNV doesn't really surprise me that much given the large college town there and flights to MIA and CLT already happening and DL's sporadic upgauges to mainline on an ATL flight or two.

JFK-SAT isn't as odd as you think. DL flies it now 1x daily, and the both of them fly JFK-AUS already. It'll probably do rather well (FF Base in both TX and NY) and give DL some competition.

Many of these are "detail synergy" routes that took years to implement, were not high priorities, and were unjustified before the merger, but are good detail adds.

They would not even capture the attention of planning team if done individually. This shows that AA now has a systematic route planning / evaluation system in place with constant standards across the little details of the network now. That impresses me. It has taken years to reach that point. The dividends of systemwide optimization would have to be big.

To me this announcement is a real eye opener.

B757capt

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 pm

ckfred wrote:
I bet the LAX-TUL flight is, for all intents and purposes, a ferry flight to send an aircraft in for maintenance. On ORD-TUL, there is a very late arrival at TUL with a 738 and a very early departure from TUL with a 738. According to a 738 captain I know, that R/T is a ferry flight to rotate 738s in and out of the maintenance hanger.

ScottB wrote:
jb1087xna wrote:
enilria wrote:
LAX-TUL was there before I'm pretty sure.

According to old threads on here they flew it for 2-3 years in the very early 2000s on an MD80. Seems like an aggressive plane for that route, but different times 18 years ago. Can't find any more recent reference than that on this board at least. G4 flies it currently as well.

I'm almost certain LAX-TUL would have been there to rotate aircraft into the giant maintenance base at TUL. Heck, if it ends up being mainline, that's probably still the point of the flight. Might as well sell tickets to make back some of the cost.

Route is on a E175. AA does no regional carrier Maintenance in Tulsa. Looking at PDEW it does show LAX as #1 connecting market from TUL.

G4 only flies it 2 days a week. I think a Monday and a Friday.
Last edited by B757capt on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The views written by this user are in no manner the views of my employer and should not be thought as such.

allegiantflyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:21 pm

a.net told me almost 6 years ago that by October of 2018 PHX would be reduced to a spoke with <30 flights a day.

777PHX wrote:
Vctony wrote:
SANFan wrote:
So far, nobody's mentioned PHX. All these far western cities now being connected nonstop with DFW, overflying PHX -- is that an ominous sign for AA's Arizona hub?

Just wondering.

bb

Sure looks ominous for PHX. I’d imagine PHX loses a daily frequency to all of those cities at the least.

Hardly.

PHX has four dailies to Yuma and three to Flagstaff. This has less to do with PHX and more to do with the strength of these cities. Yuma is a huge military town and Flagstaff is a large college town, has a ton of wealth in it and near it, and is a natural jumping off point for the south rim of the grand canyon and Sedona.

This response sums it up

FLG-DFW performed very well this summer with the PHX flights, these cities are growing and need to be served by more than just PHX.

***FLG-DFW could also be a response to better compete with UA, who recently announced daily FLG-DEN.

ScottB wrote:

Adipocere wrote:
DFW - FLG/ YUM all first shots fired in the much anticipated dehubbing of PHX?

I think they probably will be looking at how these routes perform versus their PHX counterparts with an eye toward reducing the hub.

DFW-FLG has already been tested simultaneously with FLG-PHX, this was done this past summer and both routes performed successfully.
Last edited by allegiantflyer on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

airzona11

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:28 pm

Adipocere wrote:

Who is this much anticipated by? Anet?

UpNAWAy

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Please stop with the PHX nonsense.
These synergy additions out West from DFW proves PHX importance not the other way around.

RL757PVD

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm

I was hoping we would FINALLY see PVD-DFW return, thats the lowest of the low hanging fruit out there.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

BTVB6Flyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm

One route I see that is missing from the opening post or this thread is AA launching DFW-HRL, that puts them into all 3 Rio Grande Valley airports.

https://valleycentral.com/news/local/am ... march-2019

master14225

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 pm

They should've added PHX-YYZ and PHX-YYC, since Westjet is no longer a partner for AA, it creates new opportunities for these routes.

MKIAZ

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Didn't they just announce a month or so ago that they were going to be focusing more on DFW/CLT? It should come as no surprise then that the new adds are mainly from those airports and not hubs like PHX.

Antarius

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:55 pm

jplatts wrote:
Antarius wrote:
JFK-SAT is an interesting add. Hopefully they will add JFK-IAH/HOU someday (wishful thinking, I know)

IAH and HOU are both within the LGA perimeter, and DL, UA, and WN also already have nonstop service to Houston out of LGA. I could see AA possibly adding LGA-IAH nonstop service, and AA is more likely to add LGA-IAH nonstop service than it is to add JFK-IAH nonstop service with IAH being within the LGA perimeter.

Ooo good call. I didnt realize HOU/IAH was barely in the perimeter. That would be a nice add. ^

I'm always hopeful for more than just DFW service at HOU. It is a vastly superior airport to IAH.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN

SurfandSnow

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:57 pm

Legend757 wrote:
MIA–SCU Airbus A319 Daily Starts May 3

Wow! A mainline addition to a secondary Cuban market. Even as CLT-HAV comes to an end, there are still opportunities like this from MIA.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–DGO Embraer E140 Daily Starts June 6

Another very interesting addition. Y4 (Volaris) serves LAX and MDW from DGO, but this will be the only U.S. carrier service to this market. Did CO/UA ever fly to DGO?

Legend757 wrote:
LGA–AUA Boeing 737-800 Saturday Starts June 8

After LGA-EGE/NAS were resumed, I figured this was only a matter of time. A resumption of LGA-BDA will probably happen too. Any update on U.S. CBP preclearance at PUJ?

Legend757 wrote:
CLT–SDQ Airbus A320 Saturday Starts June 8

I'm surprised they aren't flying this already.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–SDQ Boeing 737-800 Saturday June 8–Aug. 17

This, on the other hand, is very surprising. Seems like the Dominican Republic paid to get more service.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–SAP Airbus A319 4x weekly June 7–Aug. 17
DFW–TGU Airbus A319 3x weekly June 6–Aug. 20

Is this is a sign that things have improved in Honduras? Wonderful to see these additions regardless.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Augusta Regional Airport (AGS) in Georgia

Nice to see them give this route another try. Hopefully the local FFer base inherited from US will help this service do better this time around. AGS seems like a quite an important, large market that UA does not serve (just AA and DL there now). EWR/ORD-AGS definitely seems like something UA could add soon...

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) in Florida

Another market that only sees AA and DL service. Very cool addition!

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Yuma International Airport (YUM) in Arizona

Then there's YUM, which currently only has AA service to PHX. Like DFW-GNV, a huge increase in connectivity for the local market!

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Meadows Field Airport (BFL) in Bakersfield, California

I was wondering when we might see AA resume this route. Great to see it come back.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Monterey Regional Airport (MRY) in California (seasonal)

First MRY got nonstop service to DEN back, and now this. Excellent increase in connectivity for an airport that currently only sees service to California, Nevada and Arizona! I wonder if DFW-STS could be added next.

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG) in Arizona (year-round)

More good news at FLG! Evidently the Saturday-only service did well enough to convince AA to go daily!

Legend757 wrote:
DFW–Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) in California (year-round)

Finally!!! Took them long enough to restart this service. What kind of equipment will be used, and what is the frequency?

Legend757 wrote:
Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C.–Will Rogers Airport (OKC) in Oklahoma City

AA and WN are both quite strong in the Beltway *and* Oklahoma markets. Will be interesting to see if both can coexist on this route.

Legend757 wrote:
LGA–McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, Tennessee

AA sure has come a long way at LGA. Before the US merger I'd have called an addition like this crazy. These days, it only makes sense for an airline that serves LGA-AGS/BNA/CHO/CHS (starting next month)/GSO/ILM/MEM/MYR/ORF/RDU/RIC/ROA/SAV (starting next month)/SDF to add this!

Legend757 wrote:
John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York–San Antonio International Airport (SAT) in Texas

This seems like a *much* better use of a JFK slot than DEN. I'm shocked that B6 still doesn't fly to SAT.

Legend757 wrote:
LAX–Tulsa International Airport (TUL) in Oklahoma

Great to see this route come back, if only for maintenance reasons...

Legend757 wrote:
CLT–Cherry Capital Airport (TVC) in Traverse City, Michigan

I imagine quite a few Florida transplants and "halfbacks" will love this!
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

AWACSooner

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Legend757 wrote:
Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C.–Will Rogers Airport (OKC) in Oklahoma City

Bwahahaha! You had all this time to get in before WN did...and in true fashion, you wait til 6 months after they announce it to announce yours. Oh well, hopefully both routes stick and the competition keeps the fares reasonable.

CIDFlyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:00 pm

dont forget they announced they wanted to get DFW up to 900 daily flights, these are part of the adds to get there. Dont look too much into PHX dehubbing, they recently announced PHX-GRR/MSN

ryanrap1

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:00 pm

I looked on AA but don't see the JFK - SAT added yet.
Does anyone know the times or equipment that will be used?

Legend757
Topic Author

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:04 pm

ryanrap1 wrote:

The flights aren't bookable until the 8th, but it will be a 737-800.

9:00 A.M. Departure
10:00 P.M. Arrival
Last edited by Legend757 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usflyer msp

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:04 pm

I find it odd that BGI and SDQ are seeing such love from AA. AA must finally be committed to fighting B6 in the Caribbean. BGI is getting a 3rd MIA flight and CLT is going daily most of the year. SDQ is getting DFW and CLT flights, an additional MIA flight, and I suspect PHL service is going to be inceased as well.

panam330

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:05 pm

LAX-TUL is a 175, so it is not a maintenance rotation; DCA-TUL is also a 175. DFW-BUR is 2x 738s (nice!), DFW-YUM/BFL CR9s, DFW-FLG/AGS will be CR7, and DFW-MRY a 175. Not mentioned here are additional daily frequencies in TONS of markets - DFW-BJX/CUU/GDL/QRO/PVR/SLP, and MIA-BGI/UVF/SDQ.

I am disappointed for personal reasons that DFW-SYR/ROC didn't show up in this expansion, but with BUF recently added, there is definitely some hope.
Last edited by panam330 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usflyer msp

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:10 pm

ScottB wrote:
Legend757 wrote:

This is interesting considering that they'll probably need to maintain a group of appropriately-trained pilots (for TGU's challenging terrain environment & short runway) at DFW for the 3x weekly service.

I suspect the routing will be MIA-TGU/SAP-DFW and return for this reason...

TYSflyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Legend757 wrote:
ryanrap1 wrote:

Do you know if LGA-TYS will be an ERD again? Thanks!

AASAP777

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:13 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
ScottB wrote:
Legend757 wrote:

This is interesting considering that they'll probably need to maintain a group of appropriately-trained pilots (for TGU's challenging terrain environment & short runway) at DFW for the 3x weekly service.

Rather thinking a RON operation in SAP, as AA still holds the slot for that (when MIA RONs were routine). As for TGU, a turnaround will make sense. I don't see a triangulation as these two markets are quite distinct and independent, even though Honduras is a small country.
Bendiga Dios la pródiga tierra en que nací....God bless the prodigal land where I was born.
H O N D U R A S! Five star country...Un país de cinco estrellas.

usflyer msp

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 pm

AASAP777 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
ScottB wrote:

Rather thinking a RON operation in SAP, as AA still holds the slot for that (when MIA RONs were routine). As for TGU, a turnaround will make sense. I don't see a triangulation as these two markets are quite distinct and independent, even though Honduras is a small country.

Conditions have improved in Honduras, no doubt, but I still do not see AAs unions allowing overnights by crews there yet.

evank516

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:19 pm

allegiantflyer wrote:
a.net told me almost 6 years ago that by October of 2018 PHX would be reduced to a spoke with <30 flights a day.

777PHX wrote:
Vctony wrote:

Sure looks ominous for PHX. I’d imagine PHX loses a daily frequency to all of those cities at the least.

Hardly.

PHX has four dailies to Yuma and three to Flagstaff. This has less to do with PHX and more to do with the strength of these cities. Yuma is a huge military town and Flagstaff is a large college town, has a ton of wealth in it and near it, and is a natural jumping off point for the south rim of the grand canyon and Sedona.

This response sums it up

FLG-DFW performed very well this summer with the PHX flights, these cities are growing and need to be served by more than just PHX.

***FLG-DFW could also be a response to better compete with UA, who recently announced daily FLG-DEN.

ScottB wrote:

Adipocere wrote:

I think they probably will be looking at how these routes perform versus their PHX counterparts with an eye toward reducing the hub.

DFW-FLG has already been tested simultaneously with FLG-PHX, this was done this past summer and both routes performed successfully.

Makes me wonder if we may end up seeing SLC-FLG at some point.

panam330

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:24 pm

TYSflyer wrote:
Legend757 wrote:
ryanrap1 wrote:

2x daily 175s.

tphuang

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Some really impressive adds at dfw. Those new gates are going to bring a lot of growth next year.

TYSflyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm

panam330 wrote:
TYSflyer wrote:
Legend757 wrote:

2x daily 175s.

Nice! That is an impressive re-entry into the market. The route is around 650 miles so it’ll be nice to have the E175. Now I just hope it can sustain this amount of capacity.

rbavfan

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:43 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
enilria wrote:
LAX-TUL was there before I'm pretty sure.

According to old threads on here they flew it for 2-3 years in the very early 2000s on an MD80. Seems like an aggressive plane for that route, but different times 18 years ago. Can't find any more recent reference than that on this board at least. G4 flies it currently as well.

Tulsa=maintenance base for MD-80. They could rotate in/out on schedules and at least get some money from seats sold for the flights. Otherwise empty plane flying.

AASAP777

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
AASAP777 wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

Conditions have improved in Honduras, no doubt, but I still do not see AAs unions allowing overnights by crews there yet.

Trust me, they have. Overnights in SAP are very common. AV always overnights. The unrest caused after last year's election has greatly come down, so it wouldn't be strange to see AA RON again at SAP for the DFW flight.
Bendiga Dios la pródiga tierra en que nací....God bless the prodigal land where I was born.
H O N D U R A S! Five star country...Un país de cinco estrellas.

TWFlyGuy

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 pm

tphuang wrote:
Some really impressive adds at dfw. Those new gates are going to bring a lot of growth next year.

Do they have the fleet growth to support much growth?

UpNAWAy

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:06 pm

MD80 all gone early next year! LAX to TUL has zero to do with MX.

American 767

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:20 pm

UpNAWAy wrote:

They'll be gone end of next year, early 2020 at the latest. They have, at this point, 30 left and plans to retire 4 more before the end of this year. The last 26 frames will be leaving during the year 2019. Only three MD-80 routes that do not touch DFW remain at this point: ORD-RDU, ORD-STL and ORD-MSP. I'm surprised that ORD-DFW, an hourly hub to hub flight and DFW being the largest MD-80 base, doesn't even see one MD-80 anymore. And the only two airports west of DFW that still see the MD-80 are ELP and ABQ.
Ben Soriano

CLTRampRat

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I mentioned this in the CLT thread but perhaps its worth repeating here: AA is cutting CLT-HAV. I wonder if that's where the aircraft will come from?

brooklynchris13

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:38 pm

mfe777 wrote:
With DFW gates bursting at the seams, I wonder how soon it will be until we see Terminal F plans. Or if AA will get creative and find ways to squeeze in more gates, spurs, sattelite terminals, or maybe a late night bank of arrivals and departures.

Also curious to see which seasonal international flights will go year round. AMS, FCO, DUB, MUC, and these new Latin America flights could be candidates. KEF, probably not due to the weather in Winter.

Regarding AA at DFW, there are other threads that cover this, but there is a great deal going on to increase capacity. There will be a small expansion at the lower end of D (I think 3 gates; there will be 12-15 gates for Eagle in the E satellite, and there will be additional mainline moving into the lower B gates, near the Admirals Club. The expressed goal is 100 or so additional daily flights for AA at DFW, this is obviously a step towards that with likely more to come. On the fleet side, it would appear that the 30+ E175s/CR9s are going to DFW.. at least mostly.
"Be the change you want to see in the world" (mg)

nine4nine

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Will the resumption of BUR-DFW be on mix of 319/738 or RJ’s?

It would be a dream to see the MD80 back for one last year on this run!
717 727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 742 748 752 753 762 763 772 773 DC9 MD80/88/90 DC10 319 320 321 332 333 CS100 CRJ200 Q400 E175 E190 ERJ145 EMB120

jplatts

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 pm

American 767 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

They'll be gone end of next year, early 2020 at the latest. They have, at this point, 30 left and plans to retire 4 more before the end of this year. The last 26 frames will be leaving during the year 2019. Only three MD-80 routes that do not touch DFW remain at this point: ORD-RDU, ORD-STL and ORD-MSP. I'm surprised that ORD-DFW, an hourly hub to hub flight and DFW being the largest MD-80 base, doesn't even see one MD-80 anymore. And the only two airports west of DFW that still see the MD-80 are ELP and ABQ.

There are still some AA nonstop routes out of DFW that are still showing being operated on MD-80's through 8/29/2019 in AA's flight schedules, including the following:
DFW-ABQ, DFW-AUS, DFW-BWI, DFW-CVG, DFW-CLE, DFW-CMH, DFW-DSM, DFW-DTW, DFW-GRR, DFW-IAH, DFW-IND, DFW-JAX, DFW-MCI, DFW-MEM, DFW-MKE, DFW-BNA, DFW-MSY, DFW-ORF, DFW-OKC, DFW-OMA, DFW-PNS, DFW-PIT, DFW-RDU, DFW-RIC, DFW-SAT, DFW-SAV, DFW-TUL, and DFW-ICT

Does AA plan on operating at least 28 of its nonstop routes out of DFW on MD-80's in August 2019, or is AA going to be putting A319s, 737-800's, or 737 MAX 8's on routes that are currently scheduled to be operated on MD-80's in August 2019?

tphuang

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:50 pm

TWFlyGuy wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Do they have the fleet growth to support much growth?

I am assuming they will cut elsewhere.

freakyrat

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:59 pm

mfe777 wrote:
With DFW gates bursting at the seams, I wonder how soon it will be until we see Terminal F plans. Or if AA will get creative and find ways to squeeze in more gates, spurs, sattelite terminals, or maybe a late night bank of arrivals and departures.

Also curious to see which seasonal international flights will go year round. AMS, FCO, DUB, MUC, and these new Latin America flights could be candidates. KEF, probably not due to the weather in Winter.

The airport is remodeling the Terminal E Satellite for American.

jplatts

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:13 pm

RL757PVD wrote:
I was hoping we would FINALLY see PVD-DFW return, thats the lowest of the low hanging fruit out there.

I agree with your point, and there are other nonstop routes that could also be added by AA such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-ATW, DFW-GRB, DFW-MDT, DFW-ROC, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL.

AVLAirlineFreq

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:32 pm

DFW-YUM is the really surprising one on this list, if for no other reason than AA is already the only game in town in YUM and the route overflies PHX.

mfe777

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm

freakyrat wrote:
mfe777 wrote:

The airport is remodeling the Terminal E Satellite for American.

Yes, I knew about the E and D small expansions, but I was more curious about what happens after that is full because those will fill up fast. The airport is going to need to be proactive. Whatever is announced now is still going to take years before it can be ready to serve passengers. Terminal F needs to happen sooner rather than later.

dolphinflyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:08 pm

Disappointing to not see DFW-ALB E75 nonstop service with this announcement. If WN can fill a 737 with a daily ALB-DEN flight, then AA should easily be able to fill an E75 ALB-DFW. In fact, DFW-ROC/SYR/ALB/PVD should all be added using E75 aircraft. That's a huge hole in the northeast for AA's DFW hub.

CIDFlyer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm

jplatts wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:

I agree with your point, and there are other nonstop routes that could also be added by AA such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-ATW, DFW-GRB, DFW-MDT, DFW-ROC, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL.

I remember AA running DFW-TOL and DFW-GRB about 12 years ago, along with DFW-RST. I could see those brought back and being added. I think they also ran DFW-MDT also. TOL has really done well with the CLT flights, they were recently upgraded to CR7's

TWA902fly

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 pm

redwingspilot wrote:
777PHX wrote:
B747forever wrote:

You mean like the recently announced AA PHX-LHR service?

And the A330 upgauge to HNL and CLT.

And the recently announced seasonal flights PHX-GRR/MSN

Which, by the way, overfly DFW and ORD... which seems to be the litmus test for PHX's demise according to some on anet.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

American 767

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:47 pm

jplatts wrote:
American 767 wrote:
UpNAWAy wrote:

There are still some AA nonstop routes out of DFW that are still showing being operated on MD-80's through 8/29/2019 in AA's flight schedules, including the following:
DFW-ABQ, DFW-AUS, DFW-BWI, DFW-CVG, DFW-CLE, DFW-CMH, DFW-DSM, DFW-DTW, DFW-GRR, DFW-IAH, DFW-IND, DFW-JAX, DFW-MCI, DFW-MEM, DFW-MKE, DFW-BNA, DFW-MSY, DFW-ORF, DFW-OKC, DFW-OMA, DFW-PNS, DFW-PIT, DFW-RDU, DFW-RIC, DFW-SAT, DFW-SAV, DFW-TUL, and DFW-ICT

Does AA plan on operating at least 28 of its nonstop routes out of DFW on MD-80's in August 2019, or is AA going to be putting A319s, 737-800's, or 737 MAX 8's on routes that are currently scheduled to be operated on MD-80's in August 2019?

By then the MD-80 fleet will have shrunk even more, so I wouldn't expect all of the routes that you mention to still be MD-80 by next summer. If you book a flight now for next summer and it says MD-80, it doesn't necessarily mean it will still be an MD-80 by then on the day of departure. S19 schedule hasn't yet been updated and loaded.
Ben Soriano

boeing737max

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Adipocere wrote:

Very confused about why so many people think that PHX will be dehubbed. While I agree that the market at PHX is certainly an oddball in comparison to AA's other hubs, AA recently announced the addition for PHX-LHR with the 777-200ER.

RL757PVD

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:18 pm

dolphinflyer wrote:
Disappointing to not see DFW-ALB E75 nonstop service with this announcement. If WN can fill a 737 with a daily ALB-DEN flight, then AA should easily be able to fill an E75 ALB-DFW. In fact, DFW-ROC/SYR/ALB/PVD should all be added using E75 aircraft. That's a huge hole in the northeast for AA's DFW hub.

E-175 is a good sized aircraft for the market but thats a LONG flight to spread the cost over 60-70 people.... they would need $350-$400 r/t just on the local leg to make it worth while, let alone connecting itineraries.

With seasonal PVD-MIA this winter, I thought that a split season between DFW and MIA would make perfect sense April-November (DFW) then November to April (MIA) until DFW can grow into year round. I would think ALB could support a seasonal 319 as well.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

DDR

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:32 pm

ckfred wrote:
I bet the LAX-TUL flight is, for all intents and purposes, a ferry flight to send an aircraft in for maintenance. On ORD-TUL, there is a very late arrival at TUL with a 738 and a very early departure from TUL with a 738. According to a 738 captain I know, that R/T is a ferry flight to rotate 738s in and out of the maintenance hanger.

Back when we flew LAX-TUL nonstop, the flights were frequently completely full. I am friends with some people in revenue management and they never understood why AA decided to cut the flight. According to them, it made money.

nomorerjs

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:04 am

boeing737max wrote:
Adipocere wrote:

Very confused about why so many people think that PHX will be dehubbed. While I agree that the market at PHX is certainly an oddball in comparison to AA's other hubs, AA recently announced the addition for PHX-LHR with the 777-200ER.

No ORD announcements as well so it must be closing along with PHX.

hz747300

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 am

SANFan wrote:
So far, nobody's mentioned PHX. All these far western cities now being connected nonstop with DFW, overflying PHX -- is that an ominous sign for AA's Arizona hub?

Just wondering.

bb

Totally thought the same thing. Especially odd with Flagstaff and Yuma being receiving DFW service. Queue the Stormtrooper music!
Keep on truckin'...

USAirALB

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 am

usflyer msp wrote:
I find it odd that BGI and SDQ are seeing such love from AA. AA must finally be committed to fighting B6 in the Caribbean. BGI is getting a 3rd MIA flight and CLT is going daily most of the year. SDQ is getting DFW and CLT flights, an additional MIA flight, and I suspect PHL service is going to be inceased as well.

I was always under the impression that BGI was a fairly big tourist destination from the US but when I just checked, the only legacy carrier that even flies to BGI is AA through MIA/CLT.

I am surprised at CLT-SDQ simply because SDQ is traditionally an VFR market.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

capejet

Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 am

Will AA be the only US carrier in SCU (Santiago, Cuba)?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos