USAirALB
Topic Author
Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 am

In an interesting move (given the loss of a partner in CLT and the fact that AA will be launching CLT-MUC) it appears that LH will be switching CLT to the A350 from the A333 at the beginning of the LH Spring schedule on 31 March 2018. This is coincidentally the same day AA is starting CLT-MUC.

While it doesn’t necessarily compare to the A346 that used to cover the route in the summer season, this does represent a capacity increase for CLT-MUC.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
TWFlyGuy
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:37 am

Pretty cool to have a new generation aircraft coming in!
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 am

LH is also upgrading FRA-PHL to the 744 from the 333 in S19. Definitely seems like a shot at AA.
 
JetBlueCLT
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 am

This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates and Charlotte Hornets Fan
 
nomorerjs
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:24 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:40 am

AA has conceded JFK / MIA / ORD / PHL - Germany to LH / Star.

AA owns DFW, but LH has been in the market for over 30 years and holds its own. I think EY dropping DFW is better for LH than AA adding seasonal MUC service.

CLT will be interesting. I don’t know the market, but know the auto industry is strong.
 
USAirALB
Topic Author
Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:46 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:19 am

nomorerjs wrote:
AA has conceded JFK / MIA / ORD / PHL - Germany to LH / Star.

AA owns DFW, but LH has been in the market for over 30 years and holds its own. I think EY dropping DFW is better for LH than AA adding seasonal MUC service.

CLT will be interesting. I don’t know the market, but know the auto industry is strong.

It's difficult to guess what LH is trying to do.

Naturally, the service is better on LH in both cabins, and I believe that the LH A350 YCL seat is more comfortable than the AA A330 YCL seat. However, in J, LH's seat is terrible and AA offers all-aisle access.

The German firms in the area are prodominately loyal to LH-who has most of the contracts. My guess is that LH hopes that "upgauging" the route for the season will cause both LH's CLT-MUC flight and AA's CLT-MUC flight to suffer, but LH is willing to suffer through the losses because they are the ones who hold the contracts. I'm betting that LH hopes that the AA flight won't stick around and then they will have the market to themselves once more.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388
 
Flighty
Posts: 9963
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:28 am

LH has used the 744 at PHL in the past. IIRC it happened when US went double daily PHL-FRA even as they were alliance partners (obv they were not joint venture partners). I don’t know that there is much to fight about here.

CLT doesn’t have ALL that much that any other midsize metropolis doesn’t have. I don’t see LH succeeding directly in opposition to AA there. I think LH was lucky to take the entire PHL Germany market and AA is not being unreasonable to expect to run CLT to Germany. CLT is an incredibly focused AA hub. CLT MUC doesn’t make any more sense than MSP MUC or STL MUC, Just my view.
 
LH779
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:43 am

Every A330-300 route out of MUC will be upgauged to A359 / A346 next summer because LH will be moving all the A333s from MUC to FRA. They will be replaced by new A350s and A346s coming back from FRA.
New A350 routes from MUC in S19:
YYZ
YUL
IAD
CLT
BOM
KIX

Some routes that they prevously used the A350 on will get the A340-600 like BOS or HND.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13788
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 am

JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?



Sure is, saw her the other day. LH missed the high speed turn off and ended up coming almost all the way down 36C and that lady about had a heart attack she was so excited.
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:10 pm

B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?



Sure is, saw her the other day. LH missed the high speed turn off and ended up coming almost all the way down 36C and that lady about had a heart attack she was so excited.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13788
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?



Sure is, saw her the other day. LH missed the high speed turn off and ended up coming almost all the way down 36C and that lady about had a heart attack she was so excited.


Haha, can’t believe she is still around. What is the story behind her fascination of the LH flight?
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm

LH779 wrote:
Every A330-300 route out of MUC will be upgauged to A359 / A346 next summer because LH will be moving all the A333s from MUC to FRA. They will be replaced by new A350s and A346s coming back from FRA.
New A350 routes from MUC in S19:
YYZ
YUL
IAD
CLT
BOM
KIX

Some routes that they prevously used the A350 on will get the A340-600 like BOS or HND.

Thinking about these aircraft changes some more, they are definitely partly due to LH's fleet strategy. PHL cannot be that surprising though. AA walked away from about ~500 seats/day in the PHL-Germany market and LH added ~180 of it back with the 744.
 
User avatar
CLTRampRat
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:58 pm

No idea! But myself and some fellow airport buddies have speculated: She appears to be Native American, and the crane is a good luck symbol in their culture. So god forbid if AA drives LH out of CLT. On the flip side supposedly she was with someone one time and somebody asked her friend about it and they said she wasn’t even Native American. So honestly who knows.
 
B747forever
Posts: 13788
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:10 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
No idea! But myself and some fellow airport buddies have speculated: She appears to be Native American, and the crane is a good luck symbol in their culture. So god forbid if AA drives LH out of CLT. On the flip side supposedly she was with someone one time and somebody asked her friend about it and they said she wasn’t even Native American. So honestly who knows.


Oh well, I just hope she likes the A350!
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
User avatar
SANFan
Posts: 5110
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:10 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:56 pm

SAN is also seeing a partial upgauge next summer. Beginning Mar 31, LH will serve SAN 3x weekly with the A346, and the other 2 days per week with the A343.

LH started the SAN-FRA route this last March at 5x weekly using A343s. So even though they are apparently not yet ready to take the route daily, a year after the inaugural we are seeing more premium seats being offered! I'll take it!

bb
 
SANMAN66
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:20 am

I thought LH used the A346 on the CLT-MUC route?
PSA Gives you a lift!
 
User avatar
SQ789
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am

USAirALB wrote:
In an interesting move (given the loss of a partner in CLT and the fact that AA will be launching CLT-MUC) it appears that LH will be switching CLT to the A350 from the A333 at the beginning of the LH Spring schedule on 31 March 2018. This is coincidentally the same day AA is starting CLT-MUC.

While it doesn’t necessarily compare to the A346 that used to cover the route in the summer season, this does represent a capacity increase for CLT-MUC.

31 March 2018 already exist, you mean 31 March 2019 then?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!
 
FSDan
Posts: 2619
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:03 pm

SANMAN66 wrote:
I thought LH used the A346 on the CLT-MUC route?


They used to for a while. Recently it's been a 333 route - I don't remember if the downgauge directly correlated to US Airways getting bought by AA and subsequently pulling out of Star Alliance, but I think it might have...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
EddieDude
Posts: 6975
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:19 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 pm

I am quite sure I saw yesterday or so a posting on this thread indicating MUC-MEX was going to continue as an A346 route despite the fact that LH had already announced that MEX was getting the A359 from MUC. Maybe it got deleted? In any event, I conducted a random search for late November / early December on Google Flights, and it is showing that the aircraft is an A359. Can anyone confirm if the A359 will soon take over MUC-MEX, or if such route will stay A346 for the time being? Thanks.
Upcoming flights:
May: AM MEX-CUN 73H (Y), AM CUN-MEX 73W (Y).
August: KL MEX-AMS 74M (J), KQ AMS-NBO 788 (J).
 
User avatar
sturmovik
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:05 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:53 pm

B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?


For those of us who don't know, could any of you give a short primer on what this is all about? Sounds like an interesting story..
'What's it doing now?'
 
CV880
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Tell the crazy lady that the A346 is coming to CLT today, Dec17-Arr 16:26.
 
JetBlueCLT
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:59 pm

CV880 wrote:
Tell the crazy lady that the A346 is coming to CLT today, Dec17-Arr 16:26.


Why? She’s out there everyday anyways.
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates and Charlotte Hornets Fan
 
User avatar
chrisnh
Posts: 4135
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 1999 3:59 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Boston, which had been A359 since LH debuted it, will go back to the A346 next summer. As near as I can tell, the capacity of each is nearly the same, but the A346 has four classes.
 
ATLFlyer323
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:01 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:54 pm

For those of us who don't know, could any of you give a short primer on what this is all about? Sounds like an interesting story..[/quote]


Well I don't know the backstory, but if you just go to Youtube and search "CLT crazy lady" she is the first hit. lol

-ATLFlyer323
Everyday, the fluffy temptation of wheat!
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 pm

SANFan wrote:
SAN is also seeing a partial upgauge next summer. Beginning Mar 31, LH will serve SAN 3x weekly with the A346, and the other 2 days per week with the A343.

LH started the SAN-FRA route this last March at 5x weekly using A343s. So even though they are apparently not yet ready to take the route daily, a year after the inaugural we are seeing more premium seats being offered! I'll take it!

bb


Hey Bob, I've heard that too, but nothing has been loaded into LH's system about that. I'm planning on flying to Germany in late September, on a Monday, but their website still says it's "only" on an A340-300.

Can you believe we're living in an era where one of San Diego's Europe flights is "only" on an A343?

Hey, LH, if you're listening: you've got two missing days - how about an A350 to MUC on those days you aren't flying to FRA?

Okay, having said that, to the topic at hand: CLT is obviously supplying LH with something profitable, as there is no connecting traffic at CLT. It's working solely off of O&D. And that's probably from the European end. Same with PHL - regardless of "hub" status, there's more demand than just one airline.

Congrats to PHL and CLT!!
 
CV880
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm

German industry BMW @ GSP, Freightliner trucks in the CLT Metro & Siemens Energy...all based in MUC.
 
PHLspecial
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:11 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:35 pm

PHL must have a ton of business traffic, hence the high fares. I'm glad both PHL and CLT have other opinions and more to come hopefully
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:03 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

Okay, having said that, to the topic at hand: CLT is obviously supplying LH with something profitable, as there is no connecting traffic at CLT. It's working solely off of O&D. And that's probably from the European end. Same with PHL - regardless of "hub" status, there's more demand than just one airline.

Congrats to PHL and CLT!!

It's not all O&D. In two airports dominated by OW, LH provides an alternative connecting point (FRA & MUC) if LHR is not viable or not convenient for someone.
 
User avatar
spinotter
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 pm

sturmovik wrote:
B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?


For those of us who don't know, could any of you give a short primer on what this is all about? Sounds like an interesting story..


First Google hit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Charlotte/comments/28znfc/lufthansa_lady_shows_up_everday_a_lufthansa_a340/
 
User avatar
spinotter
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 pm

sturmovik wrote:
B747forever wrote:
JetBlueCLT wrote:
This is a tremendous response from LH. I expected them to respond in some fashion. Truly shows how committed LH is to the Charlotte area. Can’t wait to see this next gen airplane at my home airport next year.


Well they can’t let down that crazy lady praying whenever Lufthansa comes in ;)

Is she still active?


For those of us who don't know, could any of you give a short primer on what this is all about? Sounds like an interesting story..


First Google hit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Charlotte/comments/28znfc/lufthansa_lady_shows_up_everday_a_lufthansa_a340/
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 848
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:01 pm

usairways85 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

Okay, having said that, to the topic at hand: CLT is obviously supplying LH with something profitable, as there is no connecting traffic at CLT. It's working solely off of O&D. And that's probably from the European end. Same with PHL - regardless of "hub" status, there's more demand than just one airline.

Congrats to PHL and CLT!!

It's not all O&D. In two airports dominated by OW, LH provides an alternative connecting point (FRA & MUC) if LHR is not viable or not convenient for someone.


Understood, but that LH traffic is starting and ending its journey at CLT, not connecting to anything. Connections at FRA and MUC, definitely, but not at CLT.
 
RDUDDJI
Posts: 2103
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:42 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:22 pm

The A350 will be a nice upgrade for CLT.

CV880 wrote:
German industry BMW @ GSP, Freightliner trucks in the CLT Metro & Siemens Energy...all based in MUC.


Correct on BMW. However, Freightliner (i.e. Daimler Trucks) is headquartered in PDX not MUC. Daimler overall is HQ'd in STR and they have a great museum if you're ever in the area.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them
 
Hockeyguy1181
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:52 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:07 pm

Especially since American refuses to fly any refurbished planes into charlotte. CLT is the largest airport in the world to not have Dreamliner service. It’s true. Look it up.
 
User avatar
compensateme
Posts: 3279
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:52 pm

Hockeyguy1181 wrote:
Especially since American refuses to fly any refurbished planes into charlotte. CLT is the largest airport in the world to not have Dreamliner service. It’s true. Look it up.


It’s not surprising. CLT ranks last, behind SLC, in local enplanements among truck hubs. It’s nearly exclusively a domestic/Caribbean hub for AA. No transpacific or South American long-haul, and limited European...
We don’t care what your next flight is.
 
User avatar
Moose135
Posts: 3070
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 am

We had our first visit by an A350 to CLT today. The daily Munich flight switches this coming Sunday, but today's flight operated with the A359.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!
 
User avatar
acavpics
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 am

For this summer, I couldn't see a single A330 flight from MUC. Long hauls are either on A350s or A340s. Are they permanently moving the A330s to FRA whule letting A350s take over MUC long hauls?
 
daumueller
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:45 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:32 am

acavpics wrote:
For this summer, I couldn't see a single A330 flight from MUC. Long hauls are either on A350s or A340s. Are they permanently moving the A330s to FRA whule letting A350s take over MUC long hauls?


yup,. 330s go to FRA. 346s come back from FRA and new 350s also join the MUC fleet.
 
User avatar
acavpics
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:54 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:58 am

daumueller wrote:
acavpics wrote:
For this summer, I couldn't see a single A330 flight from MUC. Long hauls are either on A350s or A340s. Are they permanently moving the A330s to FRA whule letting A350s take over MUC long hauls?


yup,. 330s go to FRA. 346s come back from FRA and new 350s also join the MUC fleet.


Are the A330s permanently leaving Munich? Or is this just for the summer?
 
daumueller
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:45 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:31 am

acavpics wrote:
daumueller wrote:
acavpics wrote:
For this summer, I couldn't see a single A330 flight from MUC. Long hauls are either on A350s or A340s. Are they permanently moving the A330s to FRA whule letting A350s take over MUC long hauls?


yup,. 330s go to FRA. 346s come back from FRA and new 350s also join the MUC fleet.


Are the A330s permanently leaving Munich? Or is this just for the summer?


Given that all remaining 380s will move to Munich as well rather soon, not sure anything is predictable and permanent (the 346s coming back didn’t leave Munich too long ago).
 
LH779
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:31 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:32 am

daumueller wrote:
acavpics wrote:
daumueller wrote:

yup,. 330s go to FRA. 346s come back from FRA and new 350s also join the MUC fleet.


Are the A330s permanently leaving Munich? Or is this just for the summer?


Given that all remaining 380s will move to Munich as well rather soon, not sure anything is predictable and permanent (the 346s coming back didn’t leave Munich too long ago).


Next year 2 A380 will be moved to MUC, there's currently 5 A380s in MUC and 9 in FRA. So not the complete fleet just yet.
 
daumueller
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:45 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:42 am

LH779 wrote:
daumueller wrote:
acavpics wrote:

Are the A330s permanently leaving Munich? Or is this just for the summer?


Given that all remaining 380s will move to Munich as well rather soon, not sure anything is predictable and permanent (the 346s coming back didn’t leave Munich too long ago).


Next year 2 A380 will be moved to MUC, there's currently 5 A380s in MUC and 9 in FRA. So not the complete fleet just yet.


just yet being key here.

6 380s will leave the fleet in 2022/2023 and the remaining goes to MUC as well
 
GSOflyerDL
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:57 pm

CV880 wrote:
German industry BMW @ GSP, Freightliner trucks in the CLT Metro & Siemens Energy...all based in MUC.


Don’t forget the Triad region of NC as well. The Volvo Group has a huge operation in Greensboro. Quite a few Swedes occupy the front seats of the LH flights from CLT to Germany, through to Sweden.
DL Diamond Medallion 360
 
fightforlove
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:40 am

FRA-ORD will be 2 daily year round on Lufthansa:
Frankfurt – Chicago O’Hare eff 07OCT19 Seasonal 2nd daily LH432/433 extended to year-round from this date, operated by A340-300 for winter season

So excited to have the A343 coming back to O'Hare!
 
cedarjet
Posts: 8517
Joined: Mon May 24, 1999 1:12 am

Re: LH switches CLT to A350

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:15 am

Btw there might even be some VFR on this route (for those of you surprised that a relatively small city can generate traffic without stateside feed) — the whole area was originally settled by Germans, the city and county are both named after Queen Charlotte Mecklenberg and cultural links are still strong.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos