Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Galwayman

Re: Ryanair accused of inaction over racist incident on FR9015 flight from BCN to STN

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 pm

It’s peak gammon ... angry British person shouting at another British person to stop speaking a foreign language while on the ground in Spain where the language is Spanish . FR would have to ban about 50 % of British passengers to .... not going to happen

airzona11

Re: Ryanair accused of inaction over racist incident on FR9015 flight from BCN to STN

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:11 pm

neutronstar73 wrote:
airzona11 wrote:
ubeema wrote:
Your question highlights the biggest misunderstanding shown by many in this thread. When you step in a commercial plane you are bound by the Contract of carriage not primarily by criminal/civil law. Although you may run afoul of both. See Ryanair articles 7 and 11
If you want to see how slippery things can be inside the tube, on your next flight direct the same epithets as this man against a flight attendant and see what happens.

ImageImage

I am not sure the point... everything you posted shows it is up to the airline's judgment and I am stating that I don't see how in real time this was the worst decision for Ryanair to make.

I see what you are trying to do but you are not that slick. Stop trying to deflect and defend what the guy did under the guise of "they had to get the airplane off the gate in time. Because I don't care about the racial epithets he spewed because they don't affect me, and who cares? It was just some old black lady, and her safety is not important enough to throw the abuser off the plane and 'inconvenience' people getting to their destination on time."

Stop playing games. Airlines, and I'm sure Ryanair, too, have yanked people off flights for less than what this guy did. That is not in dispute, and don't say "airlines' judgment".

But that is what it is, "airlines judgment," precisely what the post was about. At no point did I defend the guy. I defended the airline. Keep up.

chepos

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:17 am

Hate speech, he should have been removed from the flight and put in jail.
Fly the Flag!!!!

eurowings

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:18 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45988890

He's "not a racist".......hmmmmm. I bet he even has a black friend too.

Also Ryanair are now basically saying their cabin crew are Spanish and didn't pick up on the racist language.
"Freddie Laker may be at peace with his Maker, but he is persona non grata with IATA."- HRH Duke of Edinburgh

ewt340

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:38 am

eurowings wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-45988890

He's "not a racist".......hmmmmm. I bet he even has a black friend too.

Also Ryanair are now basically saying their cabin crew are Spanish and didn't pick up on the racist language.

Friend as a black guy he sees every morning in the local cafe that he never spoke to.

smartplane

Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:51 am

We set the bar. If you don't mind being verbally abused, or your children and grandchildren, then that's your prerogative. If you turn the other way when others are being verbally abused, so be it.

As an old man, with age, experience and wisdom in my head and heart, what we ignore today, becomes the norm tomorrow. And while a youngster may laugh it off, when you are well past the half century, such treatment is very intimidating. Or small. Or infirm. Or....

Lets hope you all live to a ripe old age, so you can be on the receiving end. Me too really should be we too. Time to take a stand.

N14AZ

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:47 am

Stupid question: do we know what started the dispute between the two passengers?

Three pages of opinions but I didn’t find more details about what was the reason for their dispute.

Of course you might say „it doesn’t matter, his behavior is unacceptable in any way“ but I would like to get the full picture.

CBBW

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:53 am

Disappointing yet unsurprising to see far right freaks and losers defending this trash. They really love consequencefree speech, don’t they?

9w748capt

Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:38 pm

CBBW wrote:
Disappointing yet unsurprising to see far right freaks and losers defending this trash. They really love consequencefree speech, don’t they?

Not surprising at all. Look at the US government these days. If anything I'm surprised at the number of folks here who AREN'T racist! Quite a pleasant surprise considering the usual discourse from DC.

mjoelnir

Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:05 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Stupid question: do we know what started the dispute between the two passengers?

Three pages of opinions but I didn’t find more details about what was the reason for their dispute.

Of course you might say „it doesn’t matter, his behavior is unacceptable in any way“ but I would like to get the full picture.

Her having arthritis, she was slow to move out of her seat to let him get to his window seat. Once seated he could not stop berating her. If you would read some of the press articles available on the internet, you would have that information.

SomebodyInTLS

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:07 pm

mjoelnir wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Her having arthritis, she was slow to move out of her seat to let him get to his window seat. Once seated he could not stop berating her. If you would read some of the press articles available on the internet, you would have that information.

And IIRC it's mentioned several times at the start of the thread - certainly I knew that's what it's all about and I haven't been clicking all the links...
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos