huaiwei
Topic Author

Updated: Next confirmed SQ non-stop Trans-Pacific destination: SEA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:26 am

It was just reported in the main local mainstream paper that they were tipped off that the next non-stop destination for its A350s will be SEA.

If all comes to pass, the flights will commence in 2019.

But when the paper asked the airline, they are as coy as always "We review our network constantly and are always looking out for feasible new destinations".

Anyway this being Singapore, local news picked up by the local press are usually pretty reliable....I suppose that is one of the few positives of a state-owned media. ;)

The paywalled article mentioned "For the first eight months of the year, Singapore-US passenger traffic movements exceeded 550,000, a 21 per cent year-on-year growth." and "Aviation analyst Shukor Yusof of Endau Analytics said: "For SIA, the US is the only territory that's potentially a lucrative business. Europe is stagnant and Latin America is a difficult market."".

I have mixed feelings about this. I am glad it is a new destination, but I was hoping for something more exotic or geographically more diverse, such as MIA.

Paywalled link:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... -next-year
Last edited by SQ22 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title modified after confirmation
It's huaiwei...not huawei. I have nothing to do with the PRC! :)

Newbiepilot

Re: Unconfirmed: Next SQ non-stop trans-Pacific destination...SEA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:40 am

I wonder if it will be timed for connections to India. Currently there aren’t that many good connections via Asia from SEA to India. It is a little longer than through DXB but could be a viable alternative

zakuivcustom

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 am

huaiwei wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this. I am glad it is a new destination, but I was hoping for something more exotic or geographically more diverse, such as MIA.

With what plane? SIN-MIA non-stop is comparable to SYD-LHR :roll: .

I'm a little bit surprised that SEA get the non-stop first before YVR, though, if the rumor is true.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

BA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:54 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
huaiwei wrote:
I'm a little bit surprised that SEA get the non-stop first before YVR, though, if the rumor is true.

Especially being that YVR is a Star Alliance hub.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:55 am

I would be very surprised if indeed this isn't just a rumor. SIN is a financial capital and SEA, with all due respect, doesn't have that many business located near it not to mention a small population of just 724,000. There are so many other cities that offer much more than SEA, with all due respect.

tphuang

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:56 am

I am surprised it’s not Toronto.

452QX

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:09 am

727200 wrote:
I would be very surprised if indeed this isn't just a rumor. SIN is a financial capital and SEA, with all due respect, doesn't have that many business located near it not to mention a small population of just 724,000. There are so many other cities that offer much more than SEA, with all due respect.

Amazon, Boeing Commercial, Microsoft, even Weyerhaeuser or Paccar...? The greater area covered by SEA serves well over a million or so people and feeds into the whole Pacific Northwest
Last edited by 452QX on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PolarRoute

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:09 am

There was a thread about this a year ago, I think. It got all flamed by pessimistic views, but now it’s making its way to media!
I think this shows what ambitions SQ have in their US network. With the incoming rebrand, surely interesting times ahead for SIA

zakuivcustom

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:14 am

452QX wrote:
727200 wrote:

Amazon, Boeing Commercial, Microsoft, even Weyerhaeuser...? The greater area covered by SEA serves well over a million or so people and feeds into the whole Pacific Northwest

And Singapore is not JUST a financial capital, either. Its economy is definitely a lot more diverse than, just say, its "rival" Hong Kong. A fair amount of tech companies also have their regional office in Singapore also (Including, well, Microsoft).

P.S. Population of 724,000? What about 26,909 (the City of SeaTac, WA) :duck:
Last edited by zakuivcustom on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlatantEcho

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 am

With a connection to Alaska now... anything is possible.

huaiwei
Topic Author

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:15 am

727200 wrote:

Hence my mixed feelings too.

But is SQ basically reacting to a recent flurry of additional Asian links to SEA? Next year we have:
- HKG via CX from 1 April
- KIX via DL from 1 April
- NRT via JL from 31 Mar
It's huaiwei...not huawei. I have nothing to do with the PRC! :)

jbs2886

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:20 am

huaiwei wrote:
727200 wrote:

But is SQ basically reacting to a recent flurry of additional Asian links to SEA? Next year we have:
- NRT via JL from 31 Mar

Go read the thread on CX to HKG, everyone made those allegations, too. Either way, saying Seattle doesn’t have that many businesses is entirely incorrect. It has two of the largest multinational corporations (Amazon and Microsoft) and countless other multinational companies, not to mention all of the tech companies. There is a reason SEA has seen incredible growth, domestic and TPAC...it’s because of those businesses.

BA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:21 am

727200 wrote:

The Seattle metro has almost 3.9 million people and while it's not a big financial capital, it's a major tech and industrial city. Microsoft and Amazon are headquartered in Seattle, while Google, Apple, Adobe, and Facebook have major presences that are growing.

When it comes to manufacturing/industry, you've got Boeing and Paccar.

I do think Seattle is starting to get overserved internationally, especially from Asia, but this is a result of the strong and growing economy.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Dieuwer

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:28 am

How so “unconfirmed “? Alaska Airlines and Singapore signed a big transportation deal recently.

BA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:30 am

The more pressing concern is the increasingly congested immigration and customs facility in SEA. The new International Arrivals Facility is behind schedule and won't open until August 2020 now.

N174UA

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:30 am

huaiwei wrote:
727200 wrote:

- NRT via JL from 31 Mar

If true, then it seems like they are trying to take on CX (via HKG) and also push out DL's connecting service from NRT, which is currently a 763 but going to an A359 next March.

I too am surprised it wouldn't be YVR also, given the Star Alliance Hub there with AC.

Would this service possibly be seasonal? Or maybe 3x or 4x per week?

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:34 am

BA wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
huaiwei wrote:

Especially being that YVR is a Star Alliance hub.

The YVR fares are much lower. SEA is pretty good by comparison, and hasn’t been trashed out with $440rt all in fares like LAX...yet.
E pur si muove -Galileo

behramjee

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:41 am

If operated, I reckon SIN-SEA would be with their normal A359 which SFO-SIN is also operated with.

P2P round trip pax demand levels in 2017 were as follows:

SIN 26,000
CGK 16,000
KUL 7,000

gunsontheroof

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:26 am

SQ would be a big get for SEA and I'd love to see another A350 come to town, but I'm starting to wonder if the international bubble is getting close to bursting. The growth in the past five years has been staggering and while I'm certainly not complaining (the view from my balcony has certainly gotten more fun), you have to wonder when it's going to cool off or scale back.

Then again, I feel like I was wondering that in 2015-16. Certainly hope this comes to fruition and succeeds for SQ.

727200 wrote:

SEA serves a catchment area of nearly 4,000,000 people and is now the 9th busiest U.S. airport, amigo. Not even going to bother addressing the "not that many" businesses remark.
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

PlanesNTrains

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:28 am

727200 wrote:

I know it was addressed but it deserves mention again: Millions of folks live in the Puget Sound region feeding into SEA. You act like nobody outside the Seattle city limits counts.
-Dave

MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.

Jet-lagged

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:17 am

Besides Seattle metro being about 4 million persons, and a rich and very quickly growing one at that, it is hugely important to the world’s IT industry. By my reckoning, the most important metros for where the world’s IT is defined, built and commercialized are Bay Area, then Beijing and New York, then Tokyo, Seoul and Seattle. In the coming years it will increase in relative importance. Money and talent are pouring in to the Puget Sound.

jeffrey0032j

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:23 am

727200 wrote:

Point to note, an iconic "Seattle" company, Boeing (although now headquartered in Chicago), has its production lines in Kings County and Snohomish County instead of the City of Seattle.

Overthecascades

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:27 am

There’s also Starbucks, CostCo, TMobile, Expedia, Tableau, Redfin, Zillow, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Russell Investments, and of course Alaska Airlines!

What’s the current PDEW between Sea and SIN?
Last edited by Overthecascades on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

clrd4t8koff

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:28 am

Jet-lagged wrote:
Besides Seattle metro being about 4 million persons, and a rich and very quickly growing one at that, it is hugely important to the world’s IT industry. By my reckoning, the most important metros for where the world’s IT is defined, built and commercialized are Bay Area, then Beijing and New York, then Tokyo, Seoul and Seattle. In the coming years it will increase in relative importance. Money and talent are pouring in to the Puget Sound.

No Seattle, Tokyo, Seoul or New York:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2 ... 988_10.htm

ewt340

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:34 am

Should do Chicago instead.

BoeingGuy

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:44 am

jeffrey0032j wrote:
727200 wrote:

Point to note, an iconic "Seattle" company, Boeing (although now headquartered in Chicago), has its production lines in Kings County and Snohomish County instead of the City of Seattle.

King County. Boeing does have a substantial test flight and other testing facilities in the city of Seattle though.

LH658

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:50 am

Should make IAH non stop if possible, I remember when CA, BR, NH, and KE started IAH. They always advertised that, they were quicker solution to Singapore. At that time SQ flew the IAH - DME - SIN route. I know the IAH - MAN - SIN route does, well be cool during off days they flew IAH - SIN nonstop or via HKG.

dreamerofplanes

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 am

727200 wrote:

Wow, this quote would seem to imply that Singapore is the big brother to little tiny Seattle. However in nominal terms Singapore has a GDP of $323 billion in 2017 according to the world bank. The Seattle- Tacoma-Bellevue metropolitan area has a gdp of 358 billion in 2017 according to the bureau of economic analysis. In many ways, Seattle is similar in size if not a little bigger than Singapore economically. In 2017, Singapore stock exchange had 750 companies List at value of$700 billion US. Amazon current market cap $863. With all due respect, I believe Seattle can handle a flight from Singapore.

Jet-lagged

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:06 am

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Jet-lagged wrote:

So, there are lots of newspaper articles that like to present top tech innovative cities, or smart cities etc. This article by China Daily is conspicuous by its absences. It can’t ignore the Bay Area, but otherwise it looks like an exercise to spread the cities around the world while making Beijing and Shanghai look good.

I’m talking IT only, not life sciences, auto etc. Seattle has some but not much of those. But when it comes to IT then Austin, Berlin, London, Tel Aviv, Bangalore and even Boston/Cambridge anymore they are all a tier or two below Seattle. For IT, Hangzhou and Shenzhen are probably more important than Shanghai.

For whatever reason SQ may be looking at Seattle it would be nice to see the A350 and their nice livery at SeaTac.

Miami

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:02 am

huaiwei wrote:
I was hoping for something more exotic or geographically more diverse, such as MIA.

Funny you mention it.. According to the article below, SQ is (maybe 'was') considering flights to MIA. As well as ORD and LAS.

MIA? Crazy, right? :cheeky:

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news ... -signs-six
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker

ASFlyer

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:10 am

727200 wrote:

with all due respect, really? The MSA is just under 4,000,000 people. That said, a flight from SIN could draw from many areas outside of the MSA as well. Not many businesses located near Seattle? Okay. Starbucks, Microsoft, Amazon, Costco just to name a few - but okay.

zakuivcustom

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am

Miami wrote:
huaiwei wrote:
I was hoping for something more exotic or geographically more diverse, such as MIA.

Funny you mention it.. According to the article below, SQ is (maybe 'was') considering flights to MIA. As well as ORD and LAS.

Except I still have the same question - with what plane? Are they going to really go extreme premium on a A359ULR? Bc SIN-MIA at 9100nmi is beyond the nominal 8700nmi range of the ULR.

Jet-lagged wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:
Jet-lagged wrote:

So, there are lots of newspaper articles that like to present top tech innovative cities, or smart cities etc. This article by China Daily is conspicuous by its absences. It can’t ignore the Bay Area, but otherwise it looks like an exercise to spread the cities around the world while making Beijing and Shanghai look good.

I’m talking IT only, not life sciences, auto etc. Seattle has some but not much of those. But when it comes to IT then Austin, Berlin, London, Tel Aviv, Bangalore and even Boston/Cambridge anymore they are all a tier or two below Seattle. For IT, Hangzhou and Shenzhen are probably more important than Shanghai.

For whatever reason SQ may be looking at Seattle it would be nice to see the A350 and their nice livery at SeaTac.

The ranking came from here:
https://www.expertmarket.com/focus/rese ... ech-cities

If you read the methodology, it takes into account of things like “startup money” (which SF Bay Area is going to rank high on, but also push Chinese cities up as the govt is dumping a lot of money towards tech), cost of living (which is how Berlin is ranked so high, as does the Chinese cities bc, well, it is still cheaper to live in Beijing than London or NYC or Singapore), and salary. No mention of industry size, estimated GDP (with or without PPP) of tech sector, etc.

wedgetail737

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Didn't SQ serve YVR a few years back and pulled out due to low loads and yields?

airbazar

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm

SEA is a no-brainer IMO.

zakuivcustom wrote:
huaiwei wrote:

With what plane? SIN-MIA non-stop is comparable to SYD-LHR :roll: .

SIN-MIA is a stretch both economically and technically but unlike SYD-LHR it's a direct polar route so no head winds to contend with and in fact, it may be flown with a tail wind in both directions just like SIN-EWR. Can the ULR spend another 2.5 hours in the air? That's debatable considering they're not even at MTOW for the EWR route. I'm thinking SIN-IAH or ORD would be more likely than SIN-MIA.

clrd4t8koff

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Miami wrote:
huaiwei wrote:

Except I still have the same question - with what plane? Are they going to really go extreme premium on a A359ULR? Bc SIN-MIA at 9100nmi is beyond the nominal 8700nmi range of the ULR.

Jet-lagged wrote:
clrd4t8koff wrote:

The ranking came from here:
https://www.expertmarket.com/focus/rese ... ech-cities

If you read the methodology, it takes into account of things like “startup money” (which SF Bay Area is going to rank high on, but also push Chinese cities up as the govt is dumping a lot of money towards tech), cost of living (which is how Berlin is ranked so high, as does the Chinese cities bc, well, it is still cheaper to live in Beijing than London or NYC or Singapore), and salary. No mention of industry size, estimated GDP (with or without PPP) of tech sector, etc.

Well Seattle didn't even crack the top 10 for most high-tech cities in the US:

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-hi ... -us-2017-8

So how can you say that Boston is a tier or two below Seattle? Boston is above Seattle for tech. However, Singapore is a bigger Financial center than it is an IT/Tech city. Seattle is not a Financial hub, so not sure why SQ is considering it over places like YVR or ORD.

simpv

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:55 pm

I think SEA is plausible, but would have put my money on YVR first. I would think Canada-Singapore has more demand than SEA-SIN with AS connections.

Speaking of which, I know SEA-SIN is slightly shorter, but since SQ has double-downed on SFO, it seems most of the cities could already be served from SFO on AS. Does anybody have data to prove me wrong?

Also, it seems that if this does come to fruition, DL will have a tough time. With JL and CX, and perhaps SQ, it seems DL would be losing out on some lucrative routes, even with the JV.

hohd

Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 pm

IAH - MAN sector on the IAH - SIN flight is doing well, unlike DME which was served earlier. I know many who fly to MAN on SQ and change planes on a separate ticket to go to nearby cities in continental Europe by the LCC airlines.

YouGeeElWhy

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm

I assume SQ, unlike the CX SEA flight, will time this so that it hits their India/MLE/CMB connection bank like their SFO flight. It always amazes me the connectivity SIN has to the Sub Continent without really moving Indians from North America in any great numbers like the EU3 or ME3.

NZ321

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:37 pm

SEA is the obvious destination for SQ considering lots of factors including the military, the ICT sector, the colossal wealth of travelers in that region and that Seatac is THE airport to serve these days for aforementioned reasons. Just look at the growth in demand. Can't wait, frankly, I'll be on the launch flight if I can get on it and this is a route I fly regularly. Bring it on.
Plane mad!

zakuivcustom

Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:52 pm

clrd4t8koff wrote:
Well Seattle didn't even crack the top 10 for most high-tech cities in the US:

https://www.businessinsider.com/most-hi ... -us-2017-8

So how can you say that Boston is a tier or two below Seattle? Boston is above Seattle for tech. However, Singapore is a bigger Financial center than it is an IT/Tech city. Seattle is not a Financial hub, so not sure why SQ is considering it over places like YVR or ORD.

Umm...the ranking is definitely VERY questionable. Nobody in Texas will ever tell you Houston or DFW are more "high tech" than Austin (Which, BTW, didn't make the ranking either), just to start.

wedgetail737 wrote:
Didn't SQ serve YVR a few years back and pulled out due to low loads and yields?

Yes, although not quite "few years back" (they ended the route in 2009, almost a decade by now :D ), and also, they have flew to YVR for many years before that. It was never non-stops, though, with the flight being routed SIN-ICN-YVR.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/m ... n2009-1900

airbazar wrote:
SIN-MIA is a stretch both economically and technically but unlike SYD-LHR it's a direct polar route so no head winds to contend with and in fact, it may be flown with a tail wind in both directions just like SIN-EWR. Can the ULR spend another 2.5 hours in the air? That's debatable considering they're not even at MTOW for the EWR route. I'm thinking SIN-IAH or ORD would be more likely than SIN-MIA.

And then comes the question - even if the ultra-premium A359ULR can fly that route non-stop, can SQ really make that much money (i.e. is there really that much high premium demand to Miami)?. NYC is a no brainer as the financial industry/consultants can fill up those seats up front easily. Same apply for LA or SF Bay Area.

P.S. I personally don't understand the tendancy of people putting down Seattle in this thread.

EDIT:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
I assume SQ, unlike the CX SEA flight, will time this so that it hits their India/MLE/CMB connection bank like their SFO flight. It always amazes me the connectivity SIN has to the Sub Continent without really moving Indians from North America in any great numbers like the EU3 or ME3.

Out of the four representative connecting airport I look at (SIN, HKG, LHR, and DXB) from West Coast N. America to India, SIN is always the longest route, even to South India where SQ/MI has large presence due to local O&D. The further north one goes, the longer the detour gets. Works out the best in general for HKG and DXB. CX is definitely wasting the potential of capturing those South India traffic though IMO for their upcoming SEA-HKG flight.

YouGeeElWhy

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:18 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
airbazar wrote:

And then comes the question - even if the ultra-premium A359ULR can fly that route non-stop, can SQ really make that much money (i.e. is there really that much high premium demand to Miami)?. NYC is a no brainer as the financial industry/consultants can fill up those seats up front easily. Same apply for LA or SF Bay Area.
If they could make SIN-ORD work with a no ULR plane then, ok, but I do not think that is possible. SIN-MIA/IAH is never ever ever happening on any plane.

zakuivcustom wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:

Out of the four representative connecting airport I look at (SIN, HKG, LHR, and DXB) from West Coast N. America to India, SIN is always the longest route, even to South India where SQ/MI has large presence due to local O&D. The further north one goes, the longer the detour gets. Works out the best in general for HKG and DXB. CX is definitely wasting the potential of capturing those South India traffic though IMO for their upcoming SEA-HKG flight.
You forgot LH and technically the frankenliner of DL/9W/AF/KL via AMS/CDG, but going via SIN to India (especially South India) is not really much further then FRA/AMS/LHR/CDG (a few 100 miles here and there)... plus SQ can take you to a bunch of places "one stop" in India that are not offered by anything else other than EK.

AirStallion747

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm

I live in the Seattle area (though not in the City of Seattle) and fly to SIN 2-4x per year, usually via SFO or TPE. On every flight I've been on, there's always 10-15 people connecting to Singapore from Seattle (that I know of). I would be delighted for SQ to add SEA-SIN. I wonder if UA might increase connections through SEA (either upgauge or frequencies) to support SQ?

FSDan

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:28 pm

727200 wrote:
SEA, with all due respect, doesn't have that many business located near it not to mention a small population of just 724,000.

You, with all due respect, have no idea what you're talking about. There are some valid arguments you could make against SQ starting SIN-SEA, but these are just silly.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

airbazar

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:38 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
And then comes the question - even if the ultra-premium A359ULR can fly that route non-stop, can SQ really make that much money (i.e. is there really that much high premium demand to Miami)?.

That is the real question but I suspect that there might be.
People often forget how big of a financial and banking center Miami really is. By some accounts it's the second largest in the U.S., second only to NYC.
https://www.globalbankingandfinance.com ... -the-pond/
It could also tap premium conx between Latin America and Singapore thru *A partners.
Last edited by airbazar on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mpdpilot

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:41 pm

I always thought Delta should start SEA-SIN, its length is doable with a 777-200ER even, but with the A350 it is a no brainier. While I know Delta would be facing an up hill battle to make SEA-SIN work but with their growth in SEA it seemed possible. Now SQ is going to beat them to it, and SQ will have no problems making this work. Especially with a partnership with Alaska, the connections alone will make sense.

behramjee wrote:
P2P round trip pax demand levels in 2017 were as follows:

SIN 26,000
CGK 16,000
KUL 7,000

That comes out to about 130 per day, with the connections in SEA with Alaska, this route will do fine.

I still think Delta should be in SEA-SIN and SEA-HKG regardless of the cost, but with CX and now SQ that seems unlikely.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

FA9295

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:25 pm

mpdpilot wrote:
I still think Delta should be in SEA-SIN and SEA-HKG regardless of the cost, but with CX and now SQ that seems unlikely.

"regardless of the cost"...? So you think that Delta should fly these routes even if it loses them money?

tphuang

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:26 pm

I don’t understand how 130 daily is going to make sea to sin work on an a350. Sfo and lax already have direct flight. Where else in as network have notable demand for Singapore? And remember, other carriers will capture some of connection traffic to Indonesia and Malaysia. The Chinese carriers are offering some really cheap j fares from North America to south east Asia.

Sq will need all the direct j fares to make this work.

EddieDude

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:37 pm

airbazar wrote:
People often forget how big of a financial and banking center Miami really is. By some accounts it's the second largest in the U.S., second only to NYC.
https://www.globalbankingandfinance.com ... -the-pond/
It could also tap premium conx between Latin America and Singapore thru *A partners.

For most South Americans, a flight to SIN via IST, DOH, or DXB probably makes more sense. A stopover at a European hub is a less desirable option, but still far better than MIA (of all places!).

From MEX, there are many options with AM, NH, CZ and HU that bypass U.S. airports (keep in mind it is such a hassle to connect in the U.S. whether or not you need a visa, have Global Entry, etc.).

The Central America - Singapore market is probably negligible to even discuss it.
Upcoming flights:
May: AM MEX-CUN 73H (Y), AM CUN-MEX 73W (Y).
August: KL MEX-AMS 74M (J), KQ AMS-NBO 788 (J).

gunsontheroof

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 pm

AirStallion747 wrote:
I wonder if UA might increase connections through SEA (either upgauge or frequencies) to support SQ?

Unlikely given that SQ flies directly to their two closest stations with SEA service and save for DEN,, those further affield have closer connecting points or their own SQ flight. There's also the small matter of SQ and AS announcing a partnership last year...

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-08- ... experience
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

HPRamper

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm

These ranking articles are laughable. Sorry but my idea of a "tech city" isn't based on things like smartphone usage and patents filed per capita. It's much more about the overall local presence of tech companies as a contributor of GDP and employment. Seattle and Austin may be behind the Bay Area but they certainly are not behind places like Phoenix and Miami.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos