Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
b6bos143
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:01 pm

It is actually just one aircraft (2017) going directly into service. The other (2029) was ferried to LCQ for IFE installation. As far as “broken promises” (as dramatic as that is) I think most customers would prefer to get where they’re going (which of course is the ACTUAL promise), and if having to “cope” without having LiveTV or WiFi for a couple hours will make that happen for them, I think most, if not all, will accept that. Besides, they still have access to stored content they can stream on their own devices if they choose to.
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:11 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
jworks158 wrote:
So I noticed they seem to have put N2017J right into service after delivery, , I am assuming it doesn't have TV's does it? If it doesn't have TV's what do they tell the pax?


You are right. There are 2 321NEOs scheduled to be put right into service without getting the TV or WiFi installed due to the “holiday rush” according to the memo sent out. The company has a cheesy PA about the plane being so new it doesn’t have those features yet in order to get you where you’re going, blah blah. However if you ask a employee we will probably just tell you it’s another broken promise to the customers....


Do you know if 2017 has a name yet, and what 2029 will be named, once she is finished at LCQ?

Thanks.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Tail 2017J (A321neo) ferried to SAL for Fly-Fi installation and IFE programming.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Looks like Tail2038J just had its customer acceptance flight.
https://aibfamily.flights/A320/9145
Based on 2017J, need one more customer acceptance flight and then it can be delivered.
Just 2027J left to be delivered before the end of the year after this.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:37 am

Tail 651JB arrived to FLL from SAL yesterday as tail 2017J (A321neo) took its place.
 
User avatar
TheLunchbox
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:16 pm

andhy823 wrote:
Tail 651JB arrived to FLL from SAL yesterday as tail 2017J (A321neo) took its place.


That may explain why N2017 was put directly into the operation? 651JB wasn't ready to leave yet?
 
tphuang
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Looks like 2038j has now been delivered. That's their 5th.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:18 am

Tail 652JB (classic Dots) ferried SAL for Phase 2 mods
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 am

andhy823 wrote:
Tail 652JB (classic Dots) ferried SAL for Phase 2 mods


Is this bird on the same line as 651? I thought NEO 2017 took that spot. Hope it's ready for my flight Jan. 4! Would love to fly it when it comes right out of the mod!
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:17 am

JBcapecott wrote:
andhy823 wrote:
Tail 652JB (classic Dots) ferried SAL for Phase 2 mods


Is this bird on the same line as 651? I thought NEO 2017 took that spot. Hope it's ready for my flight Jan. 4! Would love to fly it when it comes right out of the mod!


Yes, tail 652JB is on the same line as 651JB. The NEO 2017J ferried SAL as there was probably not enough space in LCQ as tail 2029J is in LCQ.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:35 pm

Tail 649JB is finish with Phase 2 mods and is now in FLL.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm

Tail 531JL (NYC Police Department livery) is now in SAL for Phase 2 mods.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Any chance we can get an updated list? Definitely appreciate the info, but we are getting to the bottom of the next up list :)
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:15 pm

VS4ever wrote:
Any chance we can get an updated list? Definitely appreciate the info, but we are getting to the bottom of the next up list :)



I can work on one absolutely!! I was trying to wait till tail 827 came back into service so I would update at least 3 tails at once. But no harm in doing one early since it has been awhile.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:30 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
Any chance we can get an updated list? Definitely appreciate the info, but we are getting to the bottom of the next up list :)



I can work on one absolutely!! I was trying to wait till tail 827 came back into service so I would update at least 3 tails at once. But no harm in doing one early since it has been awhile.


No rush if you want to wait for 827, all good :)
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:21 pm

A new updated list
Phase 1; 20/20 100% Complete
646JB-Complete-Bravo Lima Uniform Echo
568JB-Complete-Blue Sapphire
570JB-Complete-Devil With A Blue Dress On
556JB-Complete-Betty Blue
571JB-Complete-Blue Monday
621JB-Complete-Do Be Do Be Blue
579JB-Complete-Can’t Stop Lovin’ Blue
580JB-Complete-Mo’ Better Blue
627JB-Complete-A Friend Like Blue
529JB-Complete-Ole Blue Eyes
632JB-Complete-Bear Force One (Boston Bruins)
629JB-Complete-Bright Light, Blue City
653JB-Complete-Breath of Fresh Blue
510JB-Complete-Out Of The Blue (Oldest 320 so far)
595JB-Complete-Lucky Blue (Boston Celtics)
558JB-Complete-Song Sung Blue
641JB-Complete-Blue Come Back Now Ya Hear?
634JB-Complete-B*L*U*E
534JB-Complete-Bada Bing, Bada Blue
598JB-Complete-Bluemanity

Phase 2; 27/110 24% Complete
729JB-Complete-If You Can Read This, You’re Blue Close
763JB-Complete-What’s Old is Blue Again (Retrojet)
591JB-Complete-Tail Of Blue Cities
766JB-Complete-Etay Luebay
594JB-Complete-Whole Lotta Blue
760JB-Complete-The Blues Were Made For Flying
552JB-Complete-Blue Jay
605JB-Complete-Boston Red Sox
644JB-Complete-Blue Loves Ya Baby
527JL-Complete-Blue Bayou
564JB-Complete-Absolute Blue
768JB-Complete-Blue Crew
643JB-Complete-Blue Jersey
586JB-Complete-I <3 Blue York
607JB-Complete-Beantown Blue
561JB-Complete-La Vie En Blue
775JB-Complete-Vets in Blue
563JB-Complete-Blue Chip
606JB-Complete-Idlewild Blue
779JB-Complete-Bluericua
665JB-Complete-Something About Blue
583JB-Complete-Bluesville
585JB-Complete-I Got Blue Babe
636JB-Complete-All Wrapped Up In Blue
796JB-Complete-100% Blue (Youngest 320 so far)
651JB-Complete-I’m Having A Blue Moment
649JB-Complete-Fancy Meeting Blue Here
827JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/19
705JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/22
612JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/23
652JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/5
531JL-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/13
Total Complete: 47/130 36%

Tails on the list for modification
507JT-Will be the oldest 320 refitted once complete. Currently it’s tail 510
547JB
565JB
569JB
608JB
615JB- NYC Fire Department colors
648JB
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:02 am

FARmd90 wrote:
A new updated list
Phase 1; 20/20 100% Complete
646JB-Complete-Bravo Lima Uniform Echo
568JB-Complete-Blue Sapphire
570JB-Complete-Devil With A Blue Dress On
556JB-Complete-Betty Blue
571JB-Complete-Blue Monday
621JB-Complete-Do Be Do Be Blue
579JB-Complete-Can’t Stop Lovin’ Blue
580JB-Complete-Mo’ Better Blue
627JB-Complete-A Friend Like Blue
529JB-Complete-Ole Blue Eyes
632JB-Complete-Bear Force One (Boston Bruins)
629JB-Complete-Bright Light, Blue City
653JB-Complete-Breath of Fresh Blue
510JB-Complete-Out Of The Blue (Oldest 320 so far)
595JB-Complete-Lucky Blue (Boston Celtics)
558JB-Complete-Song Sung Blue
641JB-Complete-Blue Come Back Now Ya Hear?
634JB-Complete-B*L*U*E
534JB-Complete-Bada Bing, Bada Blue
598JB-Complete-Bluemanity

Phase 2; 27/110 24% Complete
729JB-Complete-If You Can Read This, You’re Blue Close
763JB-Complete-What’s Old is Blue Again (Retrojet)
591JB-Complete-Tail Of Blue Cities
766JB-Complete-Etay Luebay
594JB-Complete-Whole Lotta Blue
760JB-Complete-The Blues Were Made For Flying
552JB-Complete-Blue Jay
605JB-Complete-Boston Red Sox
644JB-Complete-Blue Loves Ya Baby
527JL-Complete-Blue Bayou
564JB-Complete-Absolute Blue
768JB-Complete-Blue Crew
643JB-Complete-Blue Jersey
586JB-Complete-I <3 Blue York
607JB-Complete-Beantown Blue
561JB-Complete-La Vie En Blue
775JB-Complete-Vets in Blue
563JB-Complete-Blue Chip
606JB-Complete-Idlewild Blue
779JB-Complete-Bluericua
665JB-Complete-Something About Blue
583JB-Complete-Bluesville
585JB-Complete-I Got Blue Babe
636JB-Complete-All Wrapped Up In Blue
796JB-Complete-100% Blue (Youngest 320 so far)
651JB-Complete-I’m Having A Blue Moment
649JB-Complete-Fancy Meeting Blue Here
827JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/19
705JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/22
612JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 11/23
652JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/5
531JL-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/13
Total Complete: 47/130 36%

Tails on the list for modification
507JT-Will be the oldest 320 refitted once complete. Currently it’s tail 510
547JB
565JB
569JB
608JB
615JB- NYC Fire Department colors
648JB


Thanks hugely for this, hope they keep the NYC wrapping, it’s rather cool to see that one. Also nice to see over 1/3 of the fleet completed.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Tail 827 is scheduled for FLL today as flight 6468. Tail 565 Is scheduled to be taking its place in SAL tomorrow.

Once 827 returns to service this will be the youngest 320 to get refurbished so far and the first sharklet refurbished plane.
 
User avatar
varsity
Posts: 448
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 1999 4:51 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:34 pm

tu154 wrote:
From a flight attendant standpoint, we detest the aft galley configuration of the modified aircraft. Our back galley is 1/4 of what it used to be. No room to do anything. Not to mention the two lavatories in our galley. One jumpseat is right in front of the two aft lav’s. Carts and bins are all three deep, making it miserable to find any thing. God forbid you need something from the last bin or cart. There’s is a tiny work surface and only room for one crew member. I understand the money making aspect of the decision, but it creates a very challenging and un user friendly work environment for jetBlue crew. We’d love to see the decision makers of this configuration eat their lunch every day sitting one foot in front of a filthy, busy bathroom stall while people climb over them to use it.


I flew on a renovated 320 this week and had sympathy for the crew. As soon as the FSB sign went off it was like Times Square back there.
AB3, DC8, DC9, DH7, D10, E90, M80, M88, 320, 321, 330, 722, 737, 733, 734, 738, 747, 744, 757, 752, 753, 772
AA, AF, B6, CO, DL, EA, EI, FI, HP, KM, LX, MS, NW, OP, PA, TW, UA, US, VS, W9, WO, YX
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:08 am

Tail 827JB is now arriving FLL.
 
HeyItsAdam
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 am

N565JB arrived at SAL just after early in the morning today (EST).
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Tail 705 is scheduled for FLL today
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Tail 705JB is now arriving FLL.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

andhy823 wrote:
Tail 705JB is now arriving FLL.

Given that 705 and 612 arrived a day apart, is 612 nearly ready to go as well?
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
HeyItsAdam
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:33 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:02 pm

So, does anyone know why JetBlue decided to do two phases? Especially with both overlapping each other in terms of refurb dates. Only 20 received phase 1; why could they not just receive phase 2 instead? I would think it would be economical and better to have it streamlined, but who knows.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:28 am

Tail 547 is on the way to SAL now.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:48 am

How do you guys like the back bathrooms on these reconfigured aircraft? Do you find them roomy enough? Is the door handle to open them hard to find and you find yourself asking the flight attendant how to open the door? Is it inconvenient to ask the flight attendant to move out of the way if they are seated on the jumpseat in front of these bathrooms so you can get in?

Do you wish the bathrooms were still in the old place before you get to the galley instead of in the galley itself?
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:49 am

andhy823 wrote:
Tail 705JB is now arriving FLL.


So just for kicks, I plugged 705 into flightradar24 and she’s going to be very busy tomorrow.
After a flight FLL-GYE today, tomorrow she does this

GYE-FLL
FLL-MDE
MDE-FLL
FLL-SJU
SJU-FLL

Supposed to leave GYE at 00:35 local and finish at FLL at
22.43..

Got to repay the outfitting cost as quick as possible :)
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:56 am

VS4ever wrote:
andhy823 wrote:
Tail 705JB is now arriving FLL.


So just for kicks, I plugged 705 into flightradar24 and she’s going to be very busy tomorrow.
After a flight FLL-GYE today, tomorrow she does this

GYE-FLL
FLL-MDE
MDE-FLL
FLL-SJU
SJU-FLL

Supposed to leave GYE at 00:35 local and finish at FLL at
22.43..

Got to repay the outfitting cost as quick as possible :)


Looks like it's being run on a lot of routes that puts the extended satellite coverage to the test. Has that been a fairly normal type of routing (Caribbean, Central and South America) after an aircraft goes back into the operation? As someone working these lines in SAL, I admit that I stop watching an aircraft once it gets to its ferry flight destination LOL.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:35 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
VS4ever wrote:
andhy823 wrote:
Tail 705JB is now arriving FLL.


So just for kicks, I plugged 705 into flightradar24 and she’s going to be very busy tomorrow.
After a flight FLL-GYE today, tomorrow she does this

GYE-FLL
FLL-MDE
MDE-FLL
FLL-SJU
SJU-FLL

Supposed to leave GYE at 00:35 local and finish at FLL at
22.43..

Got to repay the outfitting cost as quick as possible :)


Looks like it's being run on a lot of routes that puts the extended satellite coverage to the test. Has that been a fairly normal type of routing (Caribbean, Central and South America) after an aircraft goes back into the operation? As someone working these lines in SAL, I admit that I stop watching an aircraft once it gets to its ferry flight destination LOL.


Interesting question however 827, the previous one to leave the line, on its first day did

FLL-ORD-FLL-SJO-FLL-BOG

Kept close to FLL until earlier today when she went up to EWR for a RSW run, followed by STI
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 am

If I'm not wrong, 608 should be replacing 612 once she's done, which would be any day now. (Credit: B6JFKH81)
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2171
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:11 am

JBcapecott wrote:
If I'm not wrong, 608 should be replacing 612 once she's done, which would be any day now. (Credit: B6JFKH81)


Sounds right, I'll check tomorrow when I have the schedule in front of me.

Oh, and to answer your question from upthread, N2017J will have the name Crémé Bluere (my apologies if I got the accents wrong).
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:12 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
JBcapecott wrote:
If I'm not wrong, 608 should be replacing 612 once she's done, which would be any day now. (Credit: B6JFKH81)


Sounds right, I'll check tomorrow when I have the schedule in front of me.

Oh, and to answer your question from upthread, N2017J will have the name Crémé Bluere (my apologies if I got the accents wrong).


Thanks You! I actually found that out, but thanks anyway! N2038J has the name "A Whole Blue World." Looks like N2029J is "Blue With a View." Know any names for the next few?
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:11 am

Tail 612 arrived in FLL today
 
FlyinRabbit88
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:18 am

Anyone else heard that Jetblue has recently bought at least 4 (ex Thomas Cook) A321s ?
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:52 am

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Anyone else heard that Jetblue has recently bought at least 4 (ex Thomas Cook) A321s ?


First I’m hearing of this rumor. Don’t the Thomas Cook planes have CFM engines however? Would be a great thing if we did buy some, seems like we never have enough planes to try new things.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:03 pm

would love to see B6 buy some used a321s to deal with these delivery lags on the neo. Would be a nice change to their philosophy.

Anyhow, 2027J just had its first test flight. Probably won't get delivered by the end of the year if I had to guess, but should be shortly after new years.
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:44 pm

608 is on her way to SAL for Phase 2. We now have 30 Phase 2 birds with 612 complete.
 
Bluewho
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:03 pm

FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Anyone else heard that Jetblue has recently bought at least 4 (ex Thomas Cook) A321s ?



Where did you hear that? Our VP of flt ops did say they would try to find other used planes but that was it. I guess it could be true but I have not heard a single rumor about it.
 
CaptCoolHand
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Bluewho wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Anyone else heard that Jetblue has recently bought at least 4 (ex Thomas Cook) A321s ?



Where did you hear that? Our VP of flt ops did say they would try to find other used planes but that was it. I guess it could be true but I have not heard a single rumor about it.



I poked around the schoolhouse last week about this and there wasn’t any intel.
 
User avatar
VS4ever
Posts: 2576
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:03 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:33 pm

Given the posts in the TCX bankruptcy thread, I have a suspicion the intel is correct and this is a non-starter. Most of the TCX fleet and particularly the 321’s are already spoken for , the ones going to Transat for the winter are destined to go to Jet 2 in the Uk after that, I’ve only seen a couple that may be stored and not placed yet, is it an outside possibility, well anything is possible I guess, but I don’t think this version is going to happen.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.
 
justplanesmart
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2001 3:25 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:31 am

VS4ever wrote:
Given the posts in the TCX bankruptcy thread, I have a suspicion the intel is correct and this is a non-starter. Most of the TCX fleet and particularly the 321’s are already spoken for , the ones going to Transat for the winter are destined to go to Jet 2 in the Uk after that, I’ve only seen a couple that may be stored and not placed yet, is it an outside possibility, well anything is possible I guess, but I don’t think this version is going to happen.


Maybe someone merely misheard "Jet2" as "JetBlue", and the error spread from there.
"So many planes; so little time..."
 
tphuang
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Looks like 2027J just had its second test flight and that was considered the customer acceptance flight. So surprisingly, they should get the 6th A321NEO delivery before the end of the year.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:45 pm

A new updated list
Phase 1; 20/20 100% Complete
646JB-Complete-Bravo Lima Uniform Echo
568JB-Complete-Blue Sapphire
570JB-Complete-Devil With A Blue Dress On
556JB-Complete-Betty Blue
571JB-Complete-Blue Monday
621JB-Complete-Do Be Do Be Blue
579JB-Complete-Can’t Stop Lovin’ Blue
580JB-Complete-Mo’ Better Blue
627JB-Complete-A Friend Like Blue
529JB-Complete-Ole Blue Eyes
632JB-Complete-Bear Force One (Boston Bruins)
629JB-Complete-Bright Light, Blue City
653JB-Complete-Breath of Fresh Blue
510JB-Complete-Out Of The Blue (Oldest 320 so far)
595JB-Complete-Lucky Blue (Boston Celtics)
558JB-Complete-Song Sung Blue
641JB-Complete-Blue Come Back Now Ya Hear?
634JB-Complete-B*L*U*E
534JB-Complete-Bada Bing, Bada Blue
598JB-Complete-Bluemanity

Phase 2; 31/110 28% Complete
729JB-Complete-If You Can Read This, You’re Blue Close
763JB-Complete-What’s Old is Blue Again (Retrojet)
591JB-Complete-Tail Of Blue Cities
766JB-Complete-Etay Luebay
594JB-Complete-Whole Lotta Blue
760JB-Complete-The Blues Were Made For Flying
552JB-Complete-Blue Jay
605JB-Complete-Boston Red Sox
644JB-Complete-Blue Loves Ya Baby
527JL-Complete-Blue Bayou
564JB-Complete-Absolute Blue
768JB-Complete-Blue Crew
643JB-Complete-Blue Jersey
586JB-Complete-I <3 Blue York
607JB-Complete-Beantown Blue
561JB-Complete-La Vie En Blue
775JB-Complete-Vets in Blue
563JB-Complete-Blue Chip
606JB-Complete-Idlewild Blue
779JB-Complete-Bluericua
665JB-Complete-Something About Blue
583JB-Complete-Bluesville
585JB-Complete-I Got Blue Babe
636JB-Complete-All Wrapped Up In Blue
796JB-Complete-100% Blue
651JB-Complete-I’m Having A Blue Moment
649JB-Complete-Fancy Meeting Blue Here
827JB-Complete-It Takes Blue to Tango (Youngest 320 so far & Sharklets)
705JB-Complete-Big Blue People Seater
612JB-Complete-Blue Look Maahvelous
652JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/5
531JL-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/13
565JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/16
547JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/19
608JB-In Progress ferried FLL-SAL 12/25
Total Complete: 51/130 39%

Tails on the list for modification
507JT-Will be the oldest 320 refitted once complete. Currently it’s tail 510
569JB
615JB- NYC Fire Department colors
648JB
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:18 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
FlyinRabbit88 wrote:
Anyone else heard that Jetblue has recently bought at least 4 (ex Thomas Cook) A321s ?


First I’m hearing of this rumor. Don’t the Thomas Cook planes have CFM engines however? Would be a great thing if we did buy some, seems like we never have enough planes to try new things.

They did have 4 ex Monarch IAE powered A321s, the numbers seem to match...
 
JBcapecott
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm

I have a B6 A320 flight MCO-BOS Thursday Feb. 20, 2020, flight 952. We chose this flight to have an updated plane. But recently is says 25 rows on the map. I understand that sometimes they need to be swapped out, but why do they swap quite a bit? What if someone booked row 26? I want to try Phase 2 badly, so that's bad luck. Hope I get it.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5349
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:12 pm

Look like 2027J has now been delivered, so airbus did meet their revised goal of 6 deliveries for the year. Let's hope the deliveries don't get delayed again in 2020.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Tail 652JB (classic Dots tail) is finished with Phase 2 and is back in service.
 
andhy823
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:02 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Tail 615JB (NYC Fire Department livery) is now inbound to SAL for Phase 2. This is the first plane to get refurbishments for 2020. Happy New Years.
 
av8orwalk
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:05 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:28 pm

JBcapecott wrote:
I have a B6 A320 flight MCO-BOS Thursday Feb. 20, 2020, flight 952. We chose this flight to have an updated plane. But recently is says 25 rows on the map. I understand that sometimes they need to be swapped out, but why do they swap quite a bit? What if someone booked row 26? I want to try Phase 2 badly, so that's bad luck. Hope I get it.


Taking a quick look at the bid packet, it seems 952 on 2/20 is indeed a classic 320. The beginning and end of the month it's operated by a 32M (restyled), however there's a few days in the middle where it's a regular 320.

Wish I had better news! We're approaching 50% completion, so they'll be restyled more often than not very soon. I personally can't wait until they are all finished.

Cheers!
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 738Pilot, AAmericanguy, Baidu [Spider], BeachBoy, Bing [Bot], dbo861, FlySail2015, gaystudpilot, gregn21, Ishrion, jbs2886, Noshow, Oykie, SRQfoxtrot, steex, trinidadeG, ual4life, VCVSpotter, zkncj and 270 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos