User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5289
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Now it is a full wall with a much smaller entrance to cabin...akin to airlines with closets.
 
Soxfan
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:50 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:44 pm

When I flew on 627JB (refurbished with Phase I) towards the end of December, the wifi and in-flight entertainment were not working. Was it just an issue with this plane, or are the planes being returned to service with the IFE not yet activated?
Pilot: "Request push, which way should we face?" JFK Ground: "You better face the front, sir, or you'll scare the pax!"
 
NASBWI
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Soxfan wrote:
When I flew on 627JB (refurbished with Phase I) towards the end of December, the wifi and in-flight entertainment were not working. Was it just an issue with this plane, or are the planes being returned to service with the IFE not yet activated?


It may have just been that particular aircraft. To my knowledge, once the refurb is complete, all systems *should* be working normally. In 627's case, it was most likely a failure of the system at the time. Given the lack of spare aircraft, it was probably pressed into service before the wifi and entertainment could be properly repaired.
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Aircraft coming out of SAL can't have the full ops check performed due to satellite coverage, so only the preliminary checks and load are done then the plane goes to BOS for final activation and entry into the system.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
TheLunchbox
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:02 pm

NASBWI wrote:
Soxfan wrote:
When I flew on 627JB (refurbished with Phase I) towards the end of December, the wifi and in-flight entertainment were not working. Was it just an issue with this plane, or are the planes being returned to service with the IFE not yet activated?


It may have just been that particular aircraft. To my knowledge, once the refurb is complete, all systems *should* be working normally. In 627's case, it was most likely a failure of the system at the time. Given the lack of spare aircraft, it was probably pressed into service before the wifi and entertainment could be properly repaired.


This isn't accurate. There are spares for the operation. The tv's and wi-fi don't work sometimes. It happens to the new A321's as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
NASBWI
Posts: 959
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:20 am

TheLunchBox: by lack of spares, I don’t mean a complete absence of them; but the operation is run pretty lean with regard to them. Given the time frame of the flight in question (end of December = busy holiday travel), it wouldn’t surprise me if there just wasn’t another available A320 at the time.

Indeed, these issues happen here and there. I guess my original point was that it wasn’t necessarily correlated to the cabin upgrade.
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:54 am

NASBWI wrote:
TheLunchBox: by lack of spares, I don’t mean a complete absence of them; but the operation is run pretty lean with regard to them. Given the time frame of the flight in question (end of December = busy holiday travel), it wouldn’t surprise me if there just wasn’t another available A320 at the time.

Indeed, these issues happen here and there. I guess my original point was that it wasn’t necessarily correlated to the cabin upgrade.


You will actually see this happen with mods like this or even aircraft deliveries close to the holidays. Sometimes the operation just really needs the aircraft so it will be released from the mod or pre-ops as a "dark" aircraft and operate flights that would normally be out of satellite range anyway. After the holiday spike, it goes back for the rest of the IFE installation and activation for a few days to a week depending on what needs to be finished.

While it may not give customers the full experience, it helps reduce possible flight cancellations.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Tail 629 has entered service today and is expected to operate FLL-BOS-MSY-BOS-SJU. This plane was modified in LCQ.

Tails 653 and 510 are “still in progress”
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:17 pm

I'm heading down to SAL tomorrow, if I remember the schedule correctly I should be releasing 653 and 510 next week as long as the planes are behaving LOL
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 pm

B6JFKH81 wrote:
I'm heading down to SAL tomorrow, if I remember the schedule correctly I should be releasing 653 and 510 next week as long as the planes are behaving LOL


Oh that’s good to know! I think these might be the last 2 planes to go in for the phase 1 refit. There is already a tail in for Phase 2 and it doesn’t look like any other planes are showing “in progress” for phase 1.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:58 pm

Based on the current aircraft schedule, I'm not seeing Avant until April so there will be a few more Phase 1 mods down there to keep the mod lines moving forward while the Avant system goes through certification and working out the kinks with Thales.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:24 pm

A new updated list
Phase 1;
646JB-Complete
568JB-Complete
570JB-Complete
556JB-Complete
571JB-Complete
621JB-Complete
579JB-Complete
580JB-Complete
627JB-Complete
529JB-Complete
632JB-Complete
629JB-Complete
653JB-Complete
510JB- In Progress
595JB-In Progress (Boston Celtics paint)

Phase 2;
729JB-In Progress
 
windian425
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:22 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Any plans to continue with winglet installations?
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm

windian425 wrote:
Any plans to continue with winglet installations?


Winglet install was put on hold. Jetblue decided that the time and investment for adding the winglets wasn’t worth the cost savings.
 
windian425
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:22 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Was hoping that the decision was reversed; A320 looks so much better with the winglets and on long flights the fuel savings are significant.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:06 pm

windian425 wrote:
Was hoping that the decision was reversed; A320 looks so much better with the winglets and on long flights the fuel savings are significant.


I was surprised to that B6 drecided to not go forward with them. Especially considering that they do fly some long flights with the 320s, the fuel savings it gives and then wanting to cut costs. Just looking at some of the longer 320 flights in the winter they can be capped a pretty good amount to just make it non stop. The summer usually isn’t an issue.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 16991
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:17 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
windian425 wrote:
Any plans to continue with winglet installations?


Winglet install was put on hold. Jetblue decided that the time and investment for adding the winglets wasn’t worth the cost savings.

I had this same question. Interesting that since the retrofit tune couldn't be brought down, it isn't worth it. Time is money. A sitting aircraft is a lease payment not producing.

Lightsaber
You know nothing John Snow.
 
FL470
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


510 is scheduled to ferry to BOS tomorrow as 6442
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:59 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


It had programming issues with the new configuration...which is funny because it used to be a 162 pax aircraft many years ago, but once you throw in different lav and galley positions, that old bird didn't want to behave LOL.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:08 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


It had programming issues with the new configuration...which is funny because it used to be a 162 pax aircraft many years ago, but once you throw in different lav and galley positions, that old bird didn't want to behave LOL.


I was going to say this is the oldest plane they have redone so far so was curious if the age had something to do with. Seems like the old bird didn’t want add the extra weight! Good to know that it’s coming back tomorrow!
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 am

FARmd90 wrote:
B6JFKH81 wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


It had programming issues with the new configuration...which is funny because it used to be a 162 pax aircraft many years ago, but once you throw in different lav and galley positions, that old bird didn't want to behave LOL.


I was going to say this is the oldest plane they have redone so far so was curious if the age had something to do with. Seems like the old bird didn’t want add the extra weight! Good to know that it’s coming back tomorrow!


I was really hoping to get it out while I was down there, but my tour of duty ended on Thursday and they were still battling the demons LOL. She looked great though, new paint job, new interior, it's like a freakin' new plane!!!
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
tu154
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:37 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:47 am

From a flight attendant standpoint, we detest the aft galley configuration of the modified aircraft. Our back galley is 1/4 of what it used to be. No room to do anything. Not to mention the two lavatories in our galley. One jumpseat is right in front of the two aft lav’s. Carts and bins are all three deep, making it miserable to find any thing. God forbid you need something from the last bin or cart. There’s is a tiny work surface and only room for one crew member. I understand the money making aspect of the decision, but it creates a very challenging and un user friendly work environment for jetBlue crew. We’d love to see the decision makers of this configuration eat their lunch every day sitting one foot in front of a filthy, busy bathroom stall while people climb over them to use it.
FIRST ON THE ATLANTIC.....FIRST ON THE PACIFIC.....FIRST IN LATIN AMERICA...FIRST 'ROUND THE WORLD.....PAN AM!!
 
Diver1984
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:01 pm

I fly jetBlue often, but their 320s are really dated at this point, thanks for updating this topic! Does anyone have any pictures of the new interiors and crew areas?
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Diver1984 wrote:
I fly jetBlue often, but their 320s are really dated at this point, thanks for updating this topic! Does anyone have any pictures of the new interiors and crew areas?


If you google jetblue 320 refurb pictures should come up. But if you’ve also flown the 321s either core or mint the 320s currently redone look exactly like them interior wise from bins, lights, seats and TVs. I had pictures of the new interior on the 320 but couldn’t figure out how to post pics so I deleted them.
 
Art at ISP
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:31 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 am

Is there a list here of which 321's have mint and which are core?
TIA.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 am

Art at ISP wrote:
Is there a list here of which 321's have mint and which are core?
TIA.


This link will tell you. Just have to look under the “configuration” colum
https://m.planespotters.net/production- ... us=current
 
Art at ISP
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:31 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:26 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
Art at ISP wrote:
Is there a list here of which 321's have mint and which are core?
TIA.


This link will tell you. Just have to look under the “configuration” colum
https://m.planespotters.net/production- ... us=current


Thank you!
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:28 pm

So far it seems that tail 510 is refusing to flying back to the cold weather in BOS as it’s still in SAL after flying in on Jan.7th. I feel like tail 595 will be out before tail 510!!

Does anyone have an update as to how phase to is going with tail 729??
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Flew on N571JB a few days ago. Totally love the refresh and it makes such a big difference on the 320 but I did notice something that's already worrying me. Parts of the carpet already were starting to look worn or frayed. If its already looking like that a few months in its not a good sign. Otherwise the seats were comfy and the new IFE so much better. Love the slow fade cabin LEDs and blue mood lighting. Made a big difference with the feel on a dark early morning departure.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:16 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


N510JB touching down in BOS right now, will be there a few days for the LTV4 activation then upward and onward to flying a normal schedule. N595JB is taking a slight delay due to issues not relating to the interior modification, and N558JB is early in her modification here in SAL as well.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
Flew on N571JB a few days ago. Totally love the refresh and it makes such a big difference on the 320 but I did notice something that's already worrying me. Parts of the carpet already were starting to look worn or frayed. If its already looking like that a few months in its not a good sign. Otherwise the seats were comfy and the new IFE so much better. Love the slow fade cabin LEDs and blue mood lighting. Made a big difference with the feel on a dark early morning departure.


I am not sure why it is worrying you. N571JB was released from its modification nearly 6 months ago (September of 2018). Think about it for a minute, multiple flights a day for 6 months equals many hundreds of flights, tens of thousands of customers, during a nasty winter where people have lots of snow, salt, sand and other ice melt stuff on their shoes and the wheels of their carry-ons, and people spill their drinks and drop their snacks and it gets ground into the carpet. The carpet was probably cleaned during that time to get the stains and stuff out, but 6 months is a long time for carpet to look perfect, especially in an aircraft where its been trampled over by tens of thousands of customers. I'm sure when (if??) this winter ever dies, you'll see it get a new center aisle set put in and a deep clean in the seat rows unless the surging is frayed then other pieces can get replaced as well. It's just the cycle a plane goes through every year.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
User avatar
pitbosflyer
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:05 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
pitbosflyer wrote:
Flew on N571JB a few days ago. Totally love the refresh and it makes such a big difference on the 320 but I did notice something that's already worrying me. Parts of the carpet already were starting to look worn or frayed. If its already looking like that a few months in its not a good sign. Otherwise the seats were comfy and the new IFE so much better. Love the slow fade cabin LEDs and blue mood lighting. Made a big difference with the feel on a dark early morning departure.


I am not sure why it is worrying you. N571JB was released from its modification nearly 6 months ago (September of 2018). Think about it for a minute, multiple flights a day for 6 months equals many hundreds of flights, tens of thousands of customers, during a nasty winter where people have lots of snow, salt, sand and other ice melt stuff on their shoes and the wheels of their carry-ons, and people spill their drinks and drop their snacks and it gets ground into the carpet. The carpet was probably cleaned during that time to get the stains and stuff out, but 6 months is a long time for carpet to look perfect, especially in an aircraft where its been trampled over by tens of thousands of customers. I'm sure when (if??) this winter ever dies, you'll see it get a new center aisle set put in and a deep clean in the seat rows unless the surging is frayed then other pieces can get replaced as well. It's just the cycle a plane goes through every year.


Honestly didn't know the carpet got replaced that often. Makes me feel better.
 
cpl22586
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:26 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


N510JB touching down in BOS right now, will be there a few days for the LTV4 activation then upward and onward to flying a normal schedule. N595JB is taking a slight delay due to issues not relating to the interior modification, and N558JB is early in her modification here in SAL as well.


I currently see tail 510 doing F61 BOS SJU and then returning as 862 tomorrow morning at 0330 and then doing BOS NAS F909 and F910 NAS BOS. Tomorrow evening I see that it has the LTV4 reactivation in BOS.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:19 am

cpl22586 wrote:
B6JFKH81 wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
Does anyone know why tail 510 isn’t back from modifications yet? According to flightaware it flew into SAL on January 7. Seems like this bird is taking longer than usual?


N510JB touching down in BOS right now, will be there a few days for the LTV4 activation then upward and onward to flying a normal schedule. N595JB is taking a slight delay due to issues not relating to the interior modification, and N558JB is early in her modification here in SAL as well.


I currently see tail 510 doing F61 BOS SJU and then returning as 862 tomorrow morning at 0330 and then doing BOS NAS F909 and F910 NAS BOS. Tomorrow evening I see that it has the LTV4 reactivation in BOS.


Guess they needed the extra lift for a day...
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Great to see 510 back in service. So far that’s been the oldest plane done for the refurbish.
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:43 pm

An new updated list
Phase 1;
646JB-Complete
568JB-Complete
570JB-Complete
556JB-Complete
571JB-Complete
621JB-Complete
579JB-Complete
580JB-Complete
627JB-Complete
529JB-Complete
632JB-Complete
629JB-Complete
653JB-Complete
510JB-Complete
595JB-Complete(Boston Celtics paint)
558JB- In progress, ferried EWR-SAL 2/28

Phase 2;
729JB-In Progress

Tail 729 must be getting close to being finished. Checking flight aware it’s had flights from LCQ to LCQ on March 2nd, 7th, and 11th!
 
jworks158
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:11 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
An new updated list
Phase 1;
646JB-Complete
568JB-Complete
570JB-Complete
556JB-Complete
571JB-Complete
621JB-Complete
579JB-Complete
580JB-Complete
627JB-Complete
529JB-Complete
632JB-Complete
629JB-Complete
653JB-Complete
510JB-Complete
595JB-Complete(Boston Celtics paint)
558JB- In progress, ferried EWR-SAL 2/28

Phase 2;
729JB-In Progress

Tail 729 must be getting close to being finished. Checking flight aware it’s had flights from LCQ to LCQ on March 2nd, 7th, and 11th!


Here are the first pics of phase two!!
https://twitter.com/airwayslive/status/ ... 4131438604
https://twitter.com/airwayslive/status/ ... 3501219840
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:45 pm

Is there any hard maintenance at LCQ, or just the vendor for refurb? I notice UA is sending frames there as well.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2083
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:40 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
Is there any hard maintenance at LCQ, or just the vendor for refurb? I notice UA is sending frames there as well.


Yes, LCQ is a HAECO Americas base. They perform heavy checks, structural repairs, you name it, they do it. As far as B6 goes, they have been using LCQ for years now. The interior mod at this point is combined with a heavy check.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:54 pm

Hope I get one of the refurb birds on my way to PSP this Thursday.
@DadCelo
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:51 am

I'm actually on N629JB flying BOS-MSP right now. I guess I lucked out...

The refurbed cabin is nice.
 
tphuang
Posts: 2639
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:06 pm

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblue-r ... a320-tour/
This is pretty good article on the phase 2 retrofit. Looks pretty nice.
 
trueblew
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:02 am

I'm hearing rumors of a serious and troubling issue with the refurbished 320s. Something about new galley plumbing leaking onto the jackscrew, subsequently freezing and jamming the tail control. My source indicates there have been a number of emergencies declared? This was the first I've heard of it and I don't see any posts on this thread relating to this supposed issue.
 
jworks158
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:16 pm

JetBlue just did a press release announcing that phase two goes into service today! They also say that 1/3 of the A320 aircraft are scheduled to be restyled by the end of the year. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... 005524/en/

It states that this will be the final iteration of the restyling. I asked in response to the comms person on twitter how the airspace interior is planned to be integrated? or if it will only be on new build aircraft. If you remember JetBlue was announced as the launch customer for the airspace by airbus interior for the A320 a few years back. It will be launched in 2020.
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:12 pm

jworks158 wrote:
JetBlue just did a press release announcing that phase two goes into service today! They also say that 1/3 of the A320 aircraft are scheduled to be restyled by the end of the year. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... 005524/en/

It states that this will be the final iteration of the restyling. I asked in response to the comms person on twitter how the airspace interior is planned to be integrated? or if it will only be on new build aircraft. If you remember JetBlue was announced as the launch customer for the airspace by airbus interior for the A320 a few years back. It will be launched in 2020.


As far as I know the airspace interior will only be on new build aircraft. However if my memory is correct B6 was looking into hopefully installing the airspace bins earlier then the launch of the that cabin. But I haven’t heard anything else on that. And tail 729 has the standard bins.
 
jworks158
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:52 pm

trueblew wrote:
I'm hearing rumors of a serious and troubling issue with the refurbished 320s. Something about new galley plumbing leaking onto the jackscrew, subsequently freezing and jamming the tail control. My source indicates there have been a number of emergencies declared? This was the first I've heard of it and I don't see any posts on this thread relating to this supposed issue.


I haven't heard anything publicly reported, however I know there were originally issues with the new space flex galley defects. I believe these issues were with the plumbing. This is what was originally cited as the reason for the delayed start of the re-styling process. https://www.mro-network.com/airlines/zo ... ey-defects
(A359,A343/A346,A332,A319/320/321,A220-100)(B788,B772,B762,B752,B744/B748,B732/B737/B738,B717)(E190,E145)(CRJ100/200, Dash 8-200)(MD-83)
JB,UA(C5,EV,CHQ,AX),AA(EGF,ZW,AX,PT),DL(OH,YX),FL,WN,LH,BA,AF,AZ,IB,VX,CO
https://my.flightradar24.com/theorangetechie
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1351
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm

I'm a bit confused by this, are the planes that are going in for "Phase 1" ever going to become "Phase 2", or are they going to stay at "Phase 1" for a while?
RIP McDonnell Douglas
 
FARmd90
Topic Author
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:06 am

Super80Fan wrote:
I'm a bit confused by this, are the planes that are going in for "Phase 1" ever going to become "Phase 2", or are they going to stay at "Phase 1" for a while?


As of now there are no plans to “upgrade” the phase 1 planes and 321CEOs (both mint and core) to the newer phase 2 product. However that could change down the road.
 
USAavdork
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:35 pm

Re: Jetblue A320 refurbish thread

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:37 am

I heard from a Tech Ops Supervisor in FLL once all the planes have been “restyled”, then they will go back to the Phase 1 A320s and install Phase 2.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos