Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Bluegrass60

Re: Louisville International (SDF) to announce new destination today

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Good to see AA upgauging. UA has also been upgauging at SDF. Would like to see DL upgauge to 757 on 1-3 ATL flights.

Jshank83

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 pm

We were referring to different parts of the article. I didn't appreciate the snarky remark asking if I read the article when I obviously had since I referred to a line in it.

Midwestindy wrote:

Although if you notice all of YYZ's US flights are to airports with FIS facilities, regardless of preclearance

I didn't think LGA had one?

But anyway, it doesn't really matter. This dumb to argue over. I'll just let it be.
Last edited by Jshank83 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Italianflyer

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Congrats Lville!!
With 27 dailies this will give AA a larger SDF footprint than WN and DL. Never thought that would happen.

Italianflyer

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Congrats Lville!!
With 27 dailies this will give AA a larger SDF footprint than WN and DL. Never thought that would happen.

lavalampluva

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

I thought it was either EI to DUB or BA to LHR. :stirthepot:
Remind me to send a thank you note to Mr. Boeing.

Italianflyer

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:23 pm

Congrats Louisville!!
With 27 dailies I believe this will give AA a larger footprint than WN and historical market leader DL.

JAXDan

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm

Congrats to SDF. This gives me hope for nonstop JAX-LAX one day.

stlgph

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:48 pm

finally. the Taco Bell Express.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

dfwjim1

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:59 pm

Jshank83 wrote:
LAX on AA. A319 Starts April 2

Departs 7:24 am to 9 am
Redeye return 10:55 pm to 6:02 am

https://twitter.com/WClark840WHAS/statu ... 7700634624

The Governor of Kentucky showed up for this announcement?!? Must not be much going on KY...LOL.

SgtBarone

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Nice add for SDF!
AGP ATL BCN BNA BOS CLE CLT DCA DEN FLG FLL FRA IAD IAH JAX LAS LAX LGB MAD MCI MDW MKE MUC PHX RDU RSW SEA SJU SLC SNA TPA

Bluegrass60

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Not sure of the priority...but think the next routes wanted are: SEA, SFO, BOS, RDU and MCI. YZZ is also a potential destination.

Could the UPS presence at SDF work to help gain more passenger flights? Is there enough room in the belly of the passenger airliner to provide meaningful lift for UPS packages? By meaningful...enough to make economic sense for UPS to use the airline for added frequency vs UPS scheduling its own dedicated aircraft?

HPRamper

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
Not sure of the priority...but think the next routes wanted are: SEA, SFO, BOS, RDU and MCI. YZZ is also a potential destination.

Could the UPS presence at SDF work to help gain more passenger flights? Is there enough room in the belly of the passenger airliner to provide meaningful lift for UPS packages? By meaningful...enough to make economic sense for UPS to use the airline for added frequency vs UPS scheduling its own dedicated aircraft?

It doesn't really work that way with the kinds of volumes UPS is moving from SDF, especially paired with the relatively small gauge of aircraft the passenger airlines are flying into SDF. Internationally, it happens much more often especially into low-volume markets such as on the African continent, where for the most part 5X and FX utilize belly space on passenger carriers out of Europe.

maps4ltd

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:32 pm

FA9295 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
LHR on BA so the STL crowd now gets a heart attack. :lol:

OMG.... :stirthepot:

I've already had two aneurysms over the WOW thing, okay. It's a touchy subject for us STL avgeeks!
Next flights:
Who knows? :/

Murdoughnut

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Good win for the new SDF leadership and air service team - that community suffered under a bureaucratic regime for too long. Goes to show what fresh blood can accomplish.

Bluegrass60

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Not familiar with prior regime....but would concur that new team seems to bring new perspectives, new energy and new ideas....all of which seemed to be lacking back to 9-11 and maybe even before that

Bluegrass60

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:55 pm

HPRamper wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

It doesn't really work that way with the kinds of volumes UPS is moving from SDF, especially paired with the relatively small gauge of aircraft the passenger airlines are flying into SDF. Internationally, it happens much more often especially into low-volume markets such as on the African continent, where for the most part 5X and FX utilize belly space on passenger carriers out of Europe.

"Thanks for the reply. What type equipment might work...ie...get UPS attention to work a deal with a passenger carrier? Wonder if UPS has given any thought to combi aircraft? (they did that with some of their 727s back in the 90's)"

boslax

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 pm

Murdoughnut wrote:
Good win for the new SDF leadership and air service team - that community suffered under a bureaucratic regime for too long. Goes to show what fresh blood can accomplish.

Fresh blood or $2million to $3million in revenue guarantee funds? Do you really believe this was AA's next best opportunity to deploy an aircraft without the revenue guarantee. I wish the community luck. I hope the economy remains strong for the next few years because AA could siphon off that guarantee $$ quickly if the market doesn't respond.

Murdoughnut

Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:22 pm

boslax wrote:
Murdoughnut wrote:

Fresh blood or $2million to $3million in revenue guarantee funds? Do you really believe this was AA's next best opportunity to deploy an aircraft without the revenue guarantee. I wish the community luck. I hope the economy remains strong for the next few years because AA could siphon off that guarantee $$ quickly if the market doesn't respond.

Fair point. I don't like revenue guarantees - it's bad business. If a flight can't sustain itself, with the help of airport incentives (such as a two-year fee waiver, marketing funds) you're probably better off without it.

Bluegrass60

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:03 pm

adam47150 wrote:
You joke, but whomever made the point about bourbon and equestrian tourism in KY in the BA to CHS thread just might be on to something. In the future, I could see 2x weekly flights LON-SDF during the spring and summer.

"I think that was me. Have heard that European visitors to Nashville like to go to Bourbon/Horse country too. A European visitor could take BA to BNA...do the Nashville thing...then head to Ky to do bourbon and horses and fly back to LHR on BA via SDF. (or vice versa). Also have American Queen Steamboat Company which runs riverboat cruises from Louisville and Nashville. I think it could happen in 3-5 years for SDF"

WaywardMemphian

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
adam47150 wrote:
You joke, but whomever made the point about bourbon and equestrian tourism in KY in the BA to CHS thread just might be on to something. In the future, I could see 2x weekly flights LON-SDF during the spring and summer.

"I think that was me. Have heard that European visitors to Nashville like to go to Bourbon/Horse country too. A European visitor could take BA to BNA...do the Nashville thing...then head to Ky to do bourbon and horses and fly back to LHR on BA via SDF. (or vice versa). Also have American Queen Steamboat Company which runs riverboat cruises from Louisville and Nashville. I think it could happen in 3-5 years for SDF"

They start and end alot more of those cruises in Memphis and New Orleans but I get what you are saying.

Now, Come on AA, LAX/MEM for 2019

HPRamper

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
HPRamper wrote:
Bluegrass60 wrote:

"Thanks for the reply. What type equipment might work...ie...get UPS attention to work a deal with a passenger carrier? Wonder if UPS has given any thought to combi aircraft? (they did that with some of their 727s back in the 90's)"

Well you have to consider the volumes in play. Narrowbody passenger planes carry a minimal amount of cargo, basically space available after bags. Only widebodies will have containers available, and they will normally be something like LD2 or LD3, which are the absolute smallest containers used by cargo airlines. Nobody is bringing passenger widebodies into SDF. It would take the available (after baggage) space in literally hundreds of narrowbody passenger planes to equal the volume of a single UPS 757, which is the smallest mainline cargo plane they use.

Concierge

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:11 am

Jshank83 wrote:
We were referring to different parts of the article. I didn't appreciate the snarky remark asking if I read the article when I obviously had since I referred to a line in it.

Midwestindy wrote:

Although if you notice all of YYZ's US flights are to airports with FIS facilities, regardless of preclearance

I didn't think LGA had one?

But anyway, it doesn't really matter. This dumb to argue over. I'll just let it be.[/

LGA and DCA are exceptions. DCA, for political reasons, I suppose. LGA, purely practical, relieving JFK, again, my supposition.

OSSYULYYZ

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 am

Midwestindy wrote:

That is actually a requirement. FIS facilities must exist in case of a diversion to another airport, and the pre-cleared flight would technically have to be re-cleared. I believe the only exception is LGA which has FIS for private planes?

ibthebigd

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:18 am

Is the flight on sale yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SkyVoice

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:22 am

ATAIndy wrote:
Congrats to SDF, nice to see AA mainline return.

Italianflyer wrote:
Congrats Lville!!

There's a chance that AA is doing this just to appease me. They must know how pissed off I was when American abandoned SDF from 1982 to 1984. But, they returned in 1984 with mainline service to ORD & DFW, IIRC. American's customer service needs to improve--a lot--but scheduling seems to be doing their part. BTW, did anyone notice that this is more new service to LAX that will overfly PHX?

dfwjim1 wrote:
The Governor of Kentucky showed up for this announcement?!? Must not be much going on KY...LOL.

Well, he is running for re-election next year. There is no off-season for politics in Kentucky! (Or just about anywhere else, am I right?)
"Tough times never last. Tough people do." - Dr. Robert H. Schuller

TYSflyer

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:14 am

ibthebigd wrote:
Is the flight on sale yet?

Yes, it is now available. I believe it was just loaded overnight.

dfwjim1

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:15 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:

Well, he is running for re-election next year. There is no off-season for politics in Kentucky! (Or just about anywhere else, am I right?)[/quote]

Very true...so glad the current year elections will be finished next Tuesday.

Detroit313

Re: Louisville International (SDF) announces LAX on AA

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Wow!

Lexy

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:58 pm

Good for SDF. Service should do ok.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA

Bluegrass60

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:01 pm

SDF announcing a new nonstop tomorrow (11/13/18)

LRAD was not directly involved in landing the undisclosed new nonstop destination....so....it would not be SEA, SFO, BOS or RDU

Am guessing G4 or F9....throw a dart board....or AC to YYZ

ibthebigd

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:03 pm

I am seeing several G4 announcements so I'm assuming its Allegiant

Jshank83

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Bluegrass60 wrote:
SDF announcing a new nonstop tomorrow (11/13/18)

LRAD was not directly involved in landing the undisclosed new nonstop destination....so....it would not be SEA, SFO, BOS or RDU

Am guessing G4 or F9....throw a dart board....or AC to YYZ

Sounds like G4 is doing announcements tomorrow.

ibthebigd

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:04 pm

I am guessing SRQ

ibthebigd

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:05 pm

I am guessing SRQ

Bluegrass60

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Am guessing CHS

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos