werdywerd
Topic Author
Posts: 603
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:40 am

JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:55 pm

Article: https://skift.com/2018/10/26/jetblue-fo ... l-airline/

Interesting quotes from the article:

Neeleman also claimed that the new airline, which he said probably won’t be named Moxy, will fly hundreds of routes, probably most without any nonstop competition.


He added that the airline will fly from the U.S. to Europe and South America, avoiding competitors’ hubs. The A220-300 the airline will fly has the capability of taking off from “really short runways, and can fly for 11 hours,” Neeleman said.


Neeleman said the airline’s technology hub will likely be based in Salt Lake City, Utah, as will many of the customer service agents, but passengers will not be able to initiate a phone call with them.

Neeleman noted that few people ever call Amazon or Uber, and the goal of the new airline is to have a fully functional app. He said the airline has plenty of time to develop it because it won’t be flying for a few years.

“You don’t have to speak to us,” Neeleman said. “You won’t be able to speak to us. You’ll be able to reach out to us and you’ll be able to chat with us and we’ll call you. You won’t be able to call us because everything will be functional.”


I had NO IDEA this would be an international airline!!

Makes sense to basically make it an extension of Azul. I always knew he would do this at some point.

No Phone number to call? Not sure about this. He has to get this right.
 
Socrates17
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:47 am

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:11 am

I think he's been sharing too many doobies with Elon Musk.
You Can't Take the Sky from Me
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1518
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:13 am

Socrates17 wrote:
I think he's been sharing too many doobies with Elon Musk.

I was thinking more Richard Branson
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 17702
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:55 am

TATL with the A220-300. :cloudnine:

But not happening unless Bombardier or Airbus developed an ACT and one heck of a MTOW increase.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
stlgph
Posts: 10970
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:03 am

It's nice to see a new airline with new choices, but as a communications professional (at least I've been told I am) - the whole "you won't talk to us" sticks out as a huge red flag for my armchair stance. I've seen companies dive 100% into the whole "look at us, we're all tech, all the way" thing, only to do a U-turn and come back out and bring a people element back into their point of sale/customer contact.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport
 
jbs2886
Posts: 2113
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:06 am

werdywerd wrote:
Article: https://skift.com/2018/10/26/jetblue-fo ... l-airline/

Interesting quotes from the article:

Neeleman also claimed that the new airline, which he said probably won’t be named Moxy, will fly hundreds of routes, probably most without any nonstop competition.


He added that the airline will fly from the U.S. to Europe and South America, avoiding competitors’ hubs. The A220-300 the airline will fly has the capability of taking off from “really short runways, and can fly for 11 hours,” Neeleman said.


Neeleman said the airline’s technology hub will likely be based in Salt Lake City, Utah, as will many of the customer service agents, but passengers will not be able to initiate a phone call with them.

Neeleman noted that few people ever call Amazon or Uber, and the goal of the new airline is to have a fully functional app. He said the airline has plenty of time to develop it because it won’t be flying for a few years.

“You don’t have to speak to us,” Neeleman said. “You won’t be able to speak to us. You’ll be able to reach out to us and you’ll be able to chat with us and we’ll call you. You won’t be able to call us because everything will be functional.”


I had NO IDEA this would be an international airline!!

Makes sense to basically make it an extension of Azul. I always knew he would do this at some point.

No Phone number to call? Not sure about this. He has to get this right.


11 hours flying time? So it can fly SEA-NRT...
 
tphuang
Posts: 3001
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:30 am

I've liked DN since watching a piece on him on Bloomberg several years ago. We need more people like him in the airline industry. I hope I'm wrong, but don't think this airline will suceed.
 
User avatar
FlightLevel360
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:45 am

jbs2886 wrote:
werdywerd wrote:
Article: https://skift.com/2018/10/26/jetblue-fo ... l-airline/

Interesting quotes from the article:

Neeleman also claimed that the new airline, which he said probably won’t be named Moxy, will fly hundreds of routes, probably most without any nonstop competition.


He added that the airline will fly from the U.S. to Europe and South America, avoiding competitors’ hubs. The A220-300 the airline will fly has the capability of taking off from “really short runways, and can fly for 11 hours,” Neeleman said.


Neeleman said the airline’s technology hub will likely be based in Salt Lake City, Utah, as will many of the customer service agents, but passengers will not be able to initiate a phone call with them.

Neeleman noted that few people ever call Amazon or Uber, and the goal of the new airline is to have a fully functional app. He said the airline has plenty of time to develop it because it won’t be flying for a few years.

“You don’t have to speak to us,” Neeleman said. “You won’t be able to speak to us. You’ll be able to reach out to us and you’ll be able to chat with us and we’ll call you. You won’t be able to call us because everything will be functional.”


I had NO IDEA this would be an international airline!!

Makes sense to basically make it an extension of Azul. I always knew he would do this at some point.

No Phone number to call? Not sure about this. He has to get this right.


11 hours flying time? So it can fly SEA-NRT...


If you didn't have any payload in the cabin and put the max weight of fuel in, it probably will be able to fly that far.
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!
 
jetmechanicdave
Moderator
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: JetBlue Founder Reveals Details on His New Tech-Focused International Airline

Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:05 am

There’s ready an active thread on this topic. Please continue the discussion here...viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1396873
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos