Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
fsx98
Posts: 611
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:57 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:40 pm

N649DL wrote:
LHUSA wrote:
N649DL wrote:

Better. Than. United.

UA still needs lots of improvement. I personally don't find anything too offensive these days with AA in comparison.


Sounds like the words of a loyal AA flier, whom I doubt ever steps foot on a UA aircraft. No way AA is better than UA at the moment. Nothing against AA, they're just in a downturn. They'll come out. Every airline goes through it.


How is AA in a downturn? I know they have a lot of debt but what else? Just seems like there's a lot of hate towards the on this forum for no reason.


As I have stated earlier in this thread, there's a hit and miss on uncomfortable seating in certain aircraft, as well as hit and miss in delays at their major hubs (in my experience, ORD and DFW), and even the friendliness of the flight attendants, all of which are noticeable issues that I've encountered while flying w/ AA. I'm a loyal AA fan and frequent flier on AA and although I have no intention to bash on, nor have any hate towards AA (in which I seldom have any problems flying with them), those are just some of the bothersome facts that some people will think it's a bit too much for them and would go out of their way to fly other airlines whenever possible, IMO.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5460
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:08 am

There are hits and misses everywhere. But when an airline is not performing well financially, people just pile on their usual biases against it.

It's quite funny. Around my colleagues in New York, most people group all the legacies together as equally terrible. And on this forum, you'd think Delta is light years ahead of AA and now even United is a few years ahead of AA. Keep in mind, AA still have more leg room on the first class seating on most of its B738s than Delta and united does despite all this claim about AA becoming NK. And keep in mind, AA has the same pitch in Y as DL and UA on most of its domestic fleet still. And even with its newly configured seating, the the difference between AA pitch with DL/UA is at most 1 inch. Which is the same as the difference between WN and DL/UA and much less than the difference between B6 and DL/UA. Yet, DL is some premium airline and AA is a ULCC?

Just wait until Latin America market turns around and Europe has a major recession, you will see the numbers flip around a lot more.
 
N649DL
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:39 am

fsx98 wrote:
N649DL wrote:
LHUSA wrote:

Sounds like the words of a loyal AA flier, whom I doubt ever steps foot on a UA aircraft. No way AA is better than UA at the moment. Nothing against AA, they're just in a downturn. They'll come out. Every airline goes through it.


How is AA in a downturn? I know they have a lot of debt but what else? Just seems like there's a lot of hate towards the on this forum for no reason.


As I have stated earlier in this thread, there's a hit and miss on uncomfortable seating in certain aircraft, as well as hit and miss in delays at their major hubs (in my experience, ORD and DFW), and even the friendliness of the flight attendants, all of which are noticeable issues that I've encountered while flying w/ AA. I'm a loyal AA fan and frequent flier on AA and although I have no intention to bash on, nor have any hate towards AA (in which I seldom have any problems flying with them), those are just some of the bothersome facts that some people will think it's a bit too much for them and would go out of their way to fly other airlines whenever possible, IMO.


Well I think it comes down to opinion then of UA vs. AA. Both UA's slimline seats and the ex-CO seats largely still in the fleet are much worse than the 738s which have since been re-covered.
 
jumbojet
Posts: 2957
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:01 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:41 am

tphuang wrote:
There are hits and misses everywhere. But when an airline is not performing well financially, people just pile on their usual biases against it.

It's quite funny. Around my colleagues in New York, most people group all the legacies together as equally terrible. And on this forum, you'd think Delta is light years ahead of AA and now even United is a few years ahead of AA. Keep in mind, AA still have more leg room on the first class seating on most of its B738s than Delta and united does despite all this claim about AA becoming NK. And keep in mind, AA has the same pitch in Y as DL and UA on most of its domestic fleet still. And even with its newly configured seating, the the difference between AA pitch with DL/UA is at most 1 inch. Which is the same as the difference between WN and DL/UA and much less than the difference between B6 and DL/UA. Yet, DL is some premium airline and AA is a ULCC?

Just wait until Latin America market turns around and Europe has a major recession, you will see the numbers flip around a lot more.


your only telling half of the equation. Your an intelligent fella, what gives DL the edge over AA?

Let me start,

Customer Service, Friendlier staff (flight attendants, pilots, gate agents).
How about lost bags?
Delta is adding PTV's to every seat, AA is taking away,
Some DL F seats have the same pitch as AA
DL's ontime percentage is light years ahead of AA
DL's cancel free is light years ahead of AA
AA is tought to get a PDB in F whereas DL i can easily scoff down two drinks.


I am sure you can add a few more things where DL has the edge. How about comparing how DL is upping the ante on its newest plane, the A220 by offering the widest coach seat amongst its peers along with a bathroom that you can actually turn around in...Oh, and it has a window.


Your turn
 
vadodara
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:48 am

Cram more seats
 
739er
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:38 am

I commute on AA weekly from DFW to SFO for convenience and schedule. Their A321s are comfortable, crews are cordial, planes are clean, and most importantly they are a very safe and reliable airline. I’m sorry, but I just don’t think they’re that bad. No, I don’t work for AA. In fact, I actually work for their competition. I’m just being honest here. So,...flame away A-Netters.
 
User avatar
DominikR83
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:37 pm

In three words: Absolutely chaotic airline

I`v had 6 flights with AA so far and there is huge gap between the organizational part and the on board flight experience.
Organisation is catastrophic (5 of 6 flights were heavily delayed,2 times we had to be rebooked on other flights/routings due to missed connections) but the inflight experience is great.ENough space(at least on the A330/A319 equipment) ,good entertainment,great flight attendants,nice food.
 
Detroit313
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:55 pm

The author of that article is a known AA hater. Certain bloggers and websites are obsessed with posting anti AA articles for the clicks. They are the world's largest airline with the most employees so silly articles like that get a lot of clicks.

To give you an idea about how silly and fake those articles are, the same author was complaining about the new lavs on the MAX without saying a word about the fact that Delta and United have had the same exact lav for years now!
 
Ufsatp
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Not
That
Bad


While none of the US3 provide a fantastic product, AA’s is not that different than the other 2.
 
OneAA
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:38 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:09 pm

So we’ll just call this 3 words.....
Better before lowrent-Dougie-USAirways-cheap-bottomfeeder-kettleflying-merger.
 
Lexy
Posts: 1492
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:26 pm

You.
ESS.
Airways.
Nashville, Tennessee KBNA
 
kiowa
Posts: 778
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:25 pm

jumbojet wrote:
tphuang wrote:
There are hits and misses everywhere. But when an airline is not performing well financially, people just pile on their usual biases against it.

It's quite funny. Around my colleagues in New York, most people group all the legacies together as equally terrible. And on this forum, you'd think Delta is light years ahead of AA and now even United is a few years ahead of AA. Keep in mind, AA still have more leg room on the first class seating on most of its B738s than Delta and united does despite all this claim about AA becoming NK. And keep in mind, AA has the same pitch in Y as DL and UA on most of its domestic fleet still. And even with its newly configured seating, the the difference between AA pitch with DL/UA is at most 1 inch. Which is the same as the difference between WN and DL/UA and much less than the difference between B6 and DL/UA. Yet, DL is some premium airline and AA is a ULCC?

Just wait until Latin America market turns around and Europe has a major recession, you will see the numbers flip around a lot more.


your only telling half of the equation. Your an intelligent fella, what gives DL the edge over AA?

Let me start,

Customer Service, Friendlier staff (flight attendants, pilots, gate agents).
How about lost bags?
Delta is adding PTV's to every seat, AA is taking away,
Some DL F seats have the same pitch as AA
DL's ontime percentage is light years ahead of AA
DL's cancel free is light years ahead of AA
AA is tought to get a PDB in F whereas DL i can easily scoff down two drinks.


I am sure you can add a few more things where DL has the edge. How about comparing how DL is upping the ante on its newest plane, the A220 by offering the widest coach seat amongst its peers along with a bathroom that you can actually turn around in...Oh, and it has a window.


Your turn


actually kind of funny---you're
 
L0VE2FLY
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm

crazyplane1234 wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:
The crew-override feature allows the crew to dim the windows any time they want, which they do very often, many airlines are abusing this feature. More sleeping pax = Less workload for the cabin crew and reduced expenses for the airline, less food and drinks consumed, etc..., I only close the shades when it's necessary to do so.

You seem to be missing the point.

On other aircraft, the crew can instruct you to close the shades any time they want, which they do very often, many flight attendants are abusing their position of power.


I know exactly what you're talking about, but on other aircraft if it's not sleeping time I reopen my window after they walk away. I don't pay for a window seat to close my window in the middle of the day!
 
jagraham
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 pm

Tan Flyr wrote:
As a lifetime Platinum AAdvantage, Shareholder from time to time, and a fairly frequent customer I truly lament the degradation from "Something Special in the Air" and " The On-Time Machine" airline of the 1980's, 90's, even the period after 9-11 when everyone pulled together. Now it seems that everyone is trying to pull it apart.

Many of our fellow posters have made quite obvious, and serious, suggestions for AA to get back on track. I heard many of them at a recent conference in Orlando where at least 5,000 of the attendees flew in on AA. AA is on the edge of losing premium paying Exec.Plats to DL in the southeast if they don't fix CLT and PHL darn quick.
Again, the obvious, but thing that add up quickly:
1.cut a row of seats back out..2 Add a 3rd Coach Lavatory on the 738's 3. fix the Max debacle (quick) 4. add another drink service. (2 on a 4.5 hour flight? really?) 5. Respect and empower your frontline employees more. 6.Fix the AAdvantage program..such an asset and you keep diminishing its' value . 7. Fix the schedules and get dispatch reliability up to 98-99%. 8. Since you are not putting any $ into the 763's, for the sake of your best customers order /lease some more 788 to replace them quickly. 9. Get with Boeing and get the 797 (MOM) plane committed to production. By the time they start coming off the line you will need to dump a bunch of old US 321's and the last 757's out to ROW. 10. Restore some widebody flights on a few key trunk domestic routes.


AA - might - be listening on one front
https://airlinerwatch.com/boeing-to-lau ... june-2019/
 
crazyplane1234
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 am

L0VE2FLY wrote:
but on other aircraft if it's not sleeping time I reopen my window after they walk away. I don't pay for a window seat to close my window in the middle of the day!

So in other words, you're mad because flight attendants are gaining the power to enforce the rules?

Instead of asking them not to enforce the rules, why don't you just ask for the rules to be changed? That way, you'll improve the experience of those flying on aircraft other than the 787.
 
CanesFan
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:00 am

Management style:
Ready
Shoot
Aim

Logo:
3
D
Glasses
 
L0VE2FLY
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:19 pm

crazyplane1234 wrote:
L0VE2FLY wrote:
but on other aircraft if it's not sleeping time I reopen my window after they walk away. I don't pay for a window seat to close my window in the middle of the day!

So in other words, you're mad because flight attendants are gaining the power to enforce the rules?

Instead of asking them not to enforce the rules, why don't you just ask for the rules to be changed? That way, you'll improve the experience of those flying on aircraft other than the 787.


There's nothing that can be done, airlines and their crew members love sleeping pax for the reasons I mentioned in reply #71, also a significant number of pax are either nervous flyers or too dumb to appreciate the aerial views.
 
crazyplane1234
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 am

Re: Describe AA in 3 Words Article

Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:42 pm

L0VE2FLY wrote:
There's nothing that can be done, airlines and their crew members love sleeping pax for the reasons I mentioned in reply #71, also a significant number of pax are either nervous flyers or too dumb to appreciate the aerial views.

All that means is that the world doesn't revolve around you. There's nothing that can be done about airlines loving the 787's efficiency either, as companies need profits to survive. Avoid Dreamliners all you want, but don't be surprised when airlines continue to buy 787s regardless, and the public continues to fill them up.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos