Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:05 am

BA9520P departing LHR at 10.30 for St Athan ( G-BZHA)
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Capt Chris Letchford also retired today after ferrying BZHA to St Athan.

http://soundcloud.com/user-157245578/g- ... r-st-athan
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1534
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Cunard wrote:
I'm really pleased to have read that and I assumed that might have been the case :-)

In my earlier post I had mentioned that shipping is my main hobby and the previous poster mentioned that he patted the B767 upon leaving the aircraft in Madrid in a similar way I can totally relate to that as I did a similar thing when.........my beloved CUNARD liner the former RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 departed her home port of Southampton (my home too) after 39 years in service with the company for the very last time just over ten years ago on the 11/11/08 bound for her final destination in Dubai where she has eventually opened as full time hotel, an hour before her final departure that day at 19.00 I walked off the ship for the final time and feeling extremely emotional and I kissed her hull and it was a rather long kiss considering but I'm so glad that I had done and the Captains final announcements were very upper lipped as usual but they we're extremely poignant and she had an absolutely fantastic farewell and it seemed as if the entire population of Southampton had come to bid her farewell for the very last time and to hear her horn blast for the very last time in her home port oh I could have done with more hankies that dark cold November evening as I remember the tears were literally dripping of my chin. (I actually felt the same on the day of the final Concorde flights)

I had a close relationship with that ship from my late grandfather who used to work onboard her along with myself who joined the CUNARD LINE just over 35 years ago when I was a mere 18yo lad, my grandfather was with Cunard for 51 years and I've been involved with the company for 35 years it's in my blood and although I'm digressing and it's not aviation related but the emotional side in me and with the discussion regarding the final British Airways B767 flight it made me rather reminiscent, some people would say that we are crazy it's just a lump of metal and they can't understand what the big deal is but some get carried away with a rare antique or an historic vehicle but we all have our passions ''well hopefully'' and those that don't understand or appreciate that obviously don't have any real passions in life except for there own vanity.

I hope those that read this don't think that I've totally gone off on a tangent and way off topic but I think that the two are very similar and quite relevant, at least I can visit Dubai and stay onboard the HotelQE2 but none of us will ever get the opportunity again to board and fly on a British Airways B767 EVER again and that's rather sad and I find it heartening that so many others feel exactly the same way :-)

We all know that there are still many B767s in service with many airlines throughout the world still flying on a daily basis but this isn't any old B767 this is a British Airways B767 and that makes all the difference doesn't it!

To the final British Airways B767s RIP you did us proud and the likes of you will never grace our skies again :-(

No tangent at all, IMO. Thanks for this post. One of the best I have read here in a while.
 
User avatar
Iemand91
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:03 pm

 
noviorbis77
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:14 pm

n729pa wrote:
Cunard wrote:
Thanks very much for posting that link, what an enjoyable read that was very informative and greatly appreciated.

It's strange but it's a very sad day in the history of British Airways to finally see the final B763 leave the fleet, I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every flight that I have taken on those B763s and they will be greatly missed indeed and it was always a pleasure walking down the AirBridge and boarding them on those short haul Euro routes it really was, flying an Airbus is fine but they will never capture my heart as those B763s did, I don't think that I've ever felt the same about any other aircraft retiring from British Airways except for Concorde but that's totally different for many reasons.

We're all reminiscing and looking back with great fondness of the B763 with British Airways but can you imagine when the day finally comes when we're be witnessing the final flight of the B747 now that without any doubt whatsoever will be an extremely emotional day indeed after all those years it will be very strange not to see a B747 in the British Airways fleet as we've all grown up knowing that they are there.
8
Weird isn't it how individuals can get attached to what at the end of the day is just a chunk of metal but you get attached and you think of how many passengers they have safely flown over the decades.

My real passion is ships and I can assure you that in the past when my favourite liners have gone to scrap I have absolutely poured my eyes out with tears, I'm not quite like that with Aviation although I have to admit I was on the day of the final Concorde flights and I've got a funny feeling that I will probably be the same on the day of the final British Airways B747 flight, I better stop before I get too emotional.

See I do have a soft spot :-)


A very well written piece and so very true.

I took day off work two weeks ago just to fly down to Madrid one last time on a BA 767 and it was sad landing in Madrid knowing it was the last time, even patting the plane on the way of like saying goodbye to an old friend. I'm not looking forward to A321s replacing them. As for the 747s can't and don't want to even imagine that yet.


A 321 is a poor replacement for the 767 from a passenger perspective.

That said I avoid BA like the plague, so I can avoid their 321’s.
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:09 pm

DA60B6F611D6
DA60B6F611D6
Image
 
Breathe
Posts: 799
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 pm

https://soundcloud.com/user-157245578/t ... t-heathrow - what the heck is that at 0:49? LOL
 
User avatar
Spacepope
Posts: 5287
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 1999 11:10 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:55 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:
Capt Chris Letchford also retired today after ferrying BZHA to St Athan.

http://soundcloud.com/user-157245578/g- ... r-st-athan


I sure hope they don't scrap him too!
The last of the famous international playboys
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Bricktop wrote:
Cunard wrote:
I'm really pleased to have read that and I assumed that might have been the case :-)

In my earlier post I had mentioned that shipping is my main hobby and the previous poster mentioned that he patted the B767 upon leaving the aircraft in Madrid in a similar way I can totally relate to that as I did a similar thing when.........my beloved CUNARD liner the former RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 departed her home port of Southampton (my home too) after 39 years in service with the company for the very last time just over ten years ago on the 11/11/08 bound for her final destination in Dubai where she has eventually opened as full time hotel, an hour before her final departure that day at 19.00 I walked off the ship for the final time and feeling extremely emotional and I kissed her hull and it was a rather long kiss considering but I'm so glad that I had done and the Captains final announcements were very upper lipped as usual but they we're extremely poignant and she had an absolutely fantastic farewell and it seemed as if the entire population of Southampton had come to bid her farewell for the very last time and to hear her horn blast for the very last time in her home port oh I could have done with more hankies that dark cold November evening as I remember the tears were literally dripping of my chin. (I actually felt the same on the day of the final Concorde flights)

I had a close relationship with that ship from my late grandfather who used to work onboard her along with myself who joined the CUNARD LINE just over 35 years ago when I was a mere 18yo lad, my grandfather was with Cunard for 51 years and I've been involved with the company for 35 years it's in my blood and although I'm digressing and it's not aviation related but the emotional side in me and with the discussion regarding the final British Airways B767 flight it made me rather reminiscent, some people would say that we are crazy it's just a lump of metal and they can't understand what the big deal is but some get carried away with a rare antique or an historic vehicle but we all have our passions ''well hopefully'' and those that don't understand or appreciate that obviously don't have any real passions in life except for there own vanity.

I hope those that read this don't think that I've totally gone off on a tangent and way off topic but I think that the two are very similar and quite relevant, at least I can visit Dubai and stay onboard the HotelQE2 but none of us will ever get the opportunity again to board and fly on a British Airways B767 EVER again and that's rather sad and I find it heartening that so many others feel exactly the same way :-)

We all know that there are still many B767s in service with many airlines throughout the world still flying on a daily basis but this isn't any old B767 this is a British Airways B767 and that makes all the difference doesn't it!

To the final British Airways B767s RIP you did us proud and the likes of you will never grace our skies again :-(

No tangent at all, IMO. Thanks for this post. One of the best I have read here in a while.


Thanks very much for your response it's greatly appreciated and I'm pleased that you enjoyed reading it :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
F27500
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:55 pm

This model of 763 that BA (and a couple others) flew has those extra large exits breaking up the cabin .. did that cut into the capacity? The more standard 763 had just the 2 smaller exit rows on each side .. how did this affect the seating?
 
Bhoy
Posts: 568
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:37 pm

F27500 wrote:
This model of 763 that BA (and a couple others) flew has those extra large exits breaking up the cabin .. did that cut into the capacity? The more standard 763 had just the 2 smaller exit rows on each side .. how did this affect the seating?


The 4 door layout as opposed to 2 door with Overwing hatches was am option when ordering. (BA did the same on the 752 - 4 doors as opposed to 3+ overwing hatches)

It allowed for an extra Galley at the second door, in BA's case when they operated the 763 longhaul, there was a Club World Cabin between the front two doors, with World Traveller behind, so effectively Club (J) had it's own Galley.

Image

As to how it affected seating, Air Canada's legacy 763s were 2 door with Hatch layout, while those they inherited from Canadi>n had the extra doors, and the interior layouts were different.

Last edited by Bhoy on Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2510
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:44 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
n729pa wrote:
Cunard wrote:
Thanks very much for posting that link, what an enjoyable read that was very informative and greatly appreciated.

It's strange but it's a very sad day in the history of British Airways to finally see the final B763 leave the fleet, I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every flight that I have taken on those B763s and they will be greatly missed indeed and it was always a pleasure walking down the AirBridge and boarding them on those short haul Euro routes it really was, flying an Airbus is fine but they will never capture my heart as those B763s did, I don't think that I've ever felt the same about any other aircraft retiring from British Airways except for Concorde but that's totally different for many reasons.

We're all reminiscing and looking back with great fondness of the B763 with British Airways but can you imagine when the day finally comes when we're be witnessing the final flight of the B747 now that without any doubt whatsoever will be an extremely emotional day indeed after all those years it will be very strange not to see a B747 in the British Airways fleet as we've all grown up knowing that they are there.
8
Weird isn't it how individuals can get attached to what at the end of the day is just a chunk of metal but you get attached and you think of how many passengers they have safely flown over the decades.

My real passion is ships and I can assure you that in the past when my favourite liners have gone to scrap I have absolutely poured my eyes out with tears, I'm not quite like that with Aviation although I have to admit I was on the day of the final Concorde flights and I've got a funny feeling that I will probably be the same on the day of the final British Airways B747 flight, I better stop before I get too emotional.

See I do have a soft spot :-)


A very well written piece and so very true.

I took day off work two weeks ago just to fly down to Madrid one last time on a BA 767 and it was sad landing in Madrid knowing it was the last time, even patting the plane on the way of like saying goodbye to an old friend. I'm not looking forward to A321s replacing them. As for the 747s can't and don't want to even imagine that yet.


A 321 is a poor replacement for the 767 from a passenger perspective.

That said I avoid BA like the plague, so I can avoid their 321’s.


I do find comments such as ''I avoid BA like the plague'' rather ridiculous and immature even!

To avoid ''their'' 321s so going by that particular statement you obviously must avoid ALL 321s or is it just British Airways examples?

For a start what sort of ''plague'' are you actually trying to avoid in the first place!

People do use some strange terms I'm so glad that I don't!
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
garf25
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:26 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Welcome to Wales Captain Letchford for your final flight. Fantastic!!!!
Diolch.
 
FatCat
Posts: 1038
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:35 pm

Cunard wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
n729pa wrote:

A very well written piece and so very true.

I took day off work two weeks ago just to fly down to Madrid one last time on a BA 767 and it was sad landing in Madrid knowing it was the last time, even patting the plane on the way of like saying goodbye to an old friend. I'm not looking forward to A321s replacing them. As for the 747s can't and don't want to even imagine that yet.


A 321 is a poor replacement for the 767 from a passenger perspective.

That said I avoid BA like the plague, so I can avoid their 321’s.


I do find comments such as ''I avoid BA like the plague'' rather ridiculous and immature even!

To avoid ''their'' 321s so going by that particular statement you obviously must avoid ALL 321s or is it just British Airways examples?

For a start what sort of ''plague'' are you actually trying to avoid in the first place!

People do use some strange terms I'm so glad that I don't!

Indeed
BA's A321s are not better / not worse than any A321 in service with EU main / low cost carriers.
Service is meh like on LH, IB, AZ; so are the seats, and we all know that 99% is not Carrier's fault for delays.
You may have had a bad experience with BA, so did I, but hey, I did have bad experiences with most of EU and US3 carriers, it's something that happens when you travel a lot...
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right
 
noviorbis77
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:23 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Cunard wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
n729pa wrote:

A very well written piece and so very true.

I took day off work two weeks ago just to fly down to Madrid one last time on a BA 767 and it was sad landing in Madrid knowing it was the last time, even patting the plane on the way of like saying goodbye to an old friend. I'm not looking forward to A321s replacing them. As for the 747s can't and don't want to even imagine that yet.


A 321 is a poor replacement for the 767 from a passenger perspective.

That said I avoid BA like the plague, so I can avoid their 321’s.


I do find comments such as ''I avoid BA like the plague'' rather ridiculous and immature even!

To avoid ''their'' 321s so going by that particular statement you obviously must avoid ALL 321s or is it just British Airways examples?

For a start what sort of ''plague'' are you actually trying to avoid in the first place!

People do use some strange terms I'm so glad that I don't!


My last 3 flights with them have been shocking. Really poor customer service when complaining. I have had far better service and flights with United and Virgin and for short haul Europe, there are plenty of other airlines I have had no issue with.

Sorry but BA have lost my custom.
 
BA777FO
Posts: 581
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:37 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
Cunard wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:

A 321 is a poor replacement for the 767 from a passenger perspective.

That said I avoid BA like the plague, so I can avoid their 321’s.


I do find comments such as ''I avoid BA like the plague'' rather ridiculous and immature even!

To avoid ''their'' 321s so going by that particular statement you obviously must avoid ALL 321s or is it just British Airways examples?

For a start what sort of ''plague'' are you actually trying to avoid in the first place!

People do use some strange terms I'm so glad that I don't!


My last 3 flights with them have been shocking. Really poor customer service when complaining. I have had far better service and flights with United and Virgin and for short haul Europe, there are plenty of other airlines I have had no issue with.

Sorry but BA have lost my custom.


Any chance you could expand on what you found to be shocking?
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:54 am

BA777FO wrote:
noviorbis77 wrote:
Cunard wrote:

I do find comments such as ''I avoid BA like the plague'' rather ridiculous and immature even!

To avoid ''their'' 321s so going by that particular statement you obviously must avoid ALL 321s or is it just British Airways examples?

For a start what sort of ''plague'' are you actually trying to avoid in the first place!

People do use some strange terms I'm so glad that I don't!


My last 3 flights with them have been shocking. Really poor customer service when complaining. I have had far better service and flights with United and Virgin and for short haul Europe, there are plenty of other airlines I have had no issue with.

Sorry but BA have lost my custom.


Any chance you could expand on what you found to be shocking?




What We forget, is it’s not the days off the 757/767 anymore, it’s about cost and densification.
I would love a return to those days, but it’s never going to happen.

I can see noviorbis77 what he means, and perhaps he has just had a bad flight.

I commute for my work, and I must say, eurofleet crew are 99% brilliant, and it’s probably that 1% that he got.
Bearing in mind the axe is chasing them, they must get fed up at times, which we all do.

I was on a 321ceo last night, to be honest, it’s not that bad..The toilets are fun though, watch you don’t get stuck.....:)

Rgds

Rudenko
 
bennett123
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:25 am

I do my best to avoid aircraft toilets if at all possible.
 
BritishB747
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:43 am

Rudenko wrote:

I can see noviorbis77 what he means, and perhaps he has just had a bad flight.

I commute for my work, and I must say, eurofleet crew are 99% brilliant, and it’s probably that 1% that he got.
Bearing in mind the axe is chasing them, they must get fed up at times, which we all do.

I was on a 321ceo last night, to be honest, it’s not that bad..The toilets are fun though, watch you don’t get stuck.....:)

Rgds

Rudenko


I agree. The BA A320/321 fleet with the new slimline seats are not that bad to be honest. If I am on a flight for an hour or two its not really a major issue whether the seat has recline, or is made from a Tempur mattress. I just want to get where I am going in an efficient and friendly way.

There isn't that much difference between BA and EasyJet on domestic runs in terms of quality. I have just found that BA seem to be a bit more operationally reliable. I have flown domestically with BA, Loganair, Flybe, EasyJet and Eastern this year, and if I had to rate them I would put:

1. Loganair - Friendly staff, free snacks and drinks, clean aircraft, quick to get on and off. The cost may be a little more expensive but it took me from London to Dundee (which is where I wanted to end up).

2. Eastern - Friendly Staff, a comfortable single seat on the Saab 2000, free snacks and drinks (and was offered more if I wanted), a touch scruffy inside. The company were paying so cost wasn't too much of a concern but was a quick jaunt on the DLR to City and I was in Aberdeen just over 3 hours after leaving the office.

3. British Airways - Friendly staff on very busy flights, rarely encountered a delay on the 7 flights with them this year. In-flight service on the LCY departures, plenty of choice from LCY & LHR to Scotland to suit my schedule. Good attentive service on long-haul TATL too. Fresh interior on the A321s, a bit scruffy on the 77E's.

4. EasyJet - Aircraft broke down in Edinburgh prior to departure. Rescue aircraft broke down on arrival to Edinburgh. Third aircraft left 5 hours late. Crew confused about what was going on, but kept passengers in the loop. Refreshment vouchers non-existent, but received compensation fairly quickly.

5. Flybe - Awful flight from Southend to Glasgow. Flybe E195 broke down before departure. Flight was full but plane substituted for ATR-72 so I was offloaded with 15 other passengers. Eventually booked into a hotel, however when we arrived they had no record of any reservations and turned us away. Had to return to the airport to convince Flybe agent to assist in solving the problem. The flight the following day was delayed by two hours. Arrived in Glasgow over 18 hours late. I had to phone Flybe several times to get any form of compensation from them, which was just the base amount of £220.

In summary, BA may not be the best from my experiences this year, but I think it is difficult for them to compete with the likes of Loganair on full-service due to the sheer amount of flights BA operate. I agree they have gone a bit 'downhill' recently, but that's the air travel market we all seem to want - cheap fares. BA have to reduce their offering to provide this.
AT5 AT7 AB6 319 320 321 333 33V 343 346 AR8 733 734 736 73G 738 744 752 753 763 77E 77W 788 BET CR7 D10 D38 DHT DH4 E70 E75 E90 F70 J41 M83 S20 SF3
 
workhorse
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:59 pm

So, now with BA 767s gone, who's left in Europe, other than Austrian?
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 758
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:30 pm

Icelandair, Neos & Titan are three.
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Has TUI still got 1?
 
workhorse
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Rudenko wrote:
Has TUI still got 1?


6, according to Planespotters (4 in UK, 1 in Belgium and 1 in Netherlands), with retirement in 2020, according to Wikipedia.

So, other than charter airlines, it looks like only Austrian and Icelandair are left in Europe as 767 operators.

In Asia, both Japanese legacies will be flying them for years to come, I guess. There's also Asiana, but with all the 350s coming I doubt the 767s will last.

Sad to see them go, IMO, it's the second best economy class cabin after the A380 upper deck.
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 pm

workhorse wrote:
Rudenko wrote:
Has TUI still got 1?


6, according to Planespotters (4 in UK, 1 in Belgium and 1 in Netherlands), with retirement in 2020, according to Wikipedia.

So, other than charter airlines, it looks like only Austrian and Icelandair are left in Europe as 767 operators.

In Asia, both Japanese legacies will be flying them for years to come, I guess. There's also Asiana, but with all the 350s coming I doubt the 767s will last.

Sad to see them go, IMO, it's the second best economy class cabin after the A380 upper deck.


Good knowledge Workhorse, thanks for the info....
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Topic Author
Posts: 7957
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:19 pm

TUI operate G-OBYG 19yrs old currently en route to GOT.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Would I get shot down, if I said Condor? I know they are charter, but ??
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:29 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
TUI operate G-OBYG 19yrs old currently en route to GOT.



It would be fitting to repaint this into TUI-UK precursor Britannia's livery to commemorate the fact Britannia were the first operator in Europe of the 767, when it first flew the 767-200 in early 1984. G-OBYG did itself fly in that 1980's Britannia pin stripe livery.Now is the time to celebrate this aircraft as it starts to wind down across the world as a passenger carrying plane.
 
workhorse
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Rudenko wrote:
Would I get shot down, if I said Condor? I know they are charter, but ??


Why shot? Everyone else forgot about them. ;)
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:36 pm

workhorse wrote:
Rudenko wrote:
Would I get shot down, if I said Condor? I know they are charter, but ??


Why shot? Everyone else forgot about them. ;)


Cheers Workhorse.
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm

JannEejit wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
TUI operate G-OBYG 19yrs old currently en route to GOT.



It would be fitting to repaint this into TUI-UK precursor Britannia's livery to commemorate the fact Britannia were the first operator in Europe of the 767, when it first flew the 767-200 in early 1984. G-OBYG did itself fly in that 1980's Britannia pin stripe livery.Now is the time to celebrate this aircraft as it starts to wind down across the world as a passenger carrying plane.


Yeah, for sure, that was and still looks a good livery BY.
Funny you say that, I saw a white Peugeot the other day and it had those stripes on it, I had to do a double take!!
 
Rudenko
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Euro Atlantic ?
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Topic Author
Posts: 7957
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:47 pm

Rudenko wrote:
Euro Atlantic ?

5 in service currently.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1409535
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Topic Author
Posts: 7957
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Great video on Youtube of the two aircraft landing for the last time, just look at how quick those aircraft come to a halt ! Wow :cloudnine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lz6upd8aBQ
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
giblets
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:34 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 am

AlexA340B777 wrote:
I would like to share this good read on the BA 767s:

https://tim-the-pilot.co.uk
Thanks for the share, used the fly the 767 on the LHR-RUH route.
The article mentioned a special fit out cabin for Royal flights, has anyone got any images for this on the 767 ( or other types!?)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
146, ATR72, Q400, Saab 340, PA-46 Jetprop, Jetstream, E175/195, 707/727/737/747/757/767/777, DC-3/9/10, MD-11/80, A300/310/319/320/321/330/340/350/380 Tristar, BAC 1-11, Trident, Chipmunk, Bell 206/222, Chinook, Puma, Cessna 172, Fokker 70, 100, SRN4!
 
vald
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am

Off topic a little, but are you sure about the UK CAA rules for cabin crew, my wife is long haul crew for BA has been for 26 years, she currently flies on B777-200s / 300s, B747-400s, A380 & B787-8 / -9 aircraft as does many of her colleagues. Vald
 
vald
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:22 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am

Off topic a little, but are you sure about the UK CAA rules for cabin crew, my wife is long haul crew for BA has been for 26 years, she currently flies on B777-200s / 300s, B747-400s, A380 & B787-8 / -9 aircraft as does many of her colleagues. Vald
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 1212
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: BA 767 off to the scrapper 1st Nov

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:31 am

workhorse wrote:
So, now with BA 767s gone, who's left in Europe, other than Austrian?

Not in the EU, but in Europe nonetheless: PS/Ukraine International and QU/Azur Air Ukraine; the latter on charter flights only.

Both feature the dreaded 8-across in economy...
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos