Staralexi
Topic Author

IAG capital markets day

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:08 am

Has anyone got a copy of the presentation to share.
Last edited by SQ22 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced BA by IAG

Thomas_Jaeger

Re: BA Capital Markets Day

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:19 am

Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

Staralexi
Topic Author

Re: IAG capital markets day

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am

Thanks. Excellent quick service.

a350lover

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 am

Indeed, thanks for the link.

IAG forecasts a positive future until 2023. Big focus on deploying more of its LEVEL brand, grow Iberia, and renovating BA's fleet.

Do you guys think IAG is the most powerful airline group in Europe? They seem to be the one with the greatest revenue.

SCQ83

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:33 am

I find funny the comparisons they make with brands:

Ryanair: Primark & Travelodge.

BA: Hackett & Ritz-Carlton

LEVEL: Zara, H&M, Muji & CitizenM

On the other hand, I find interesting that for Vueling they only focus on BCN and the Spanish market (ES-FR and ES-IT). Not long ago they were very strong on developing other European markets (e.g. FCO, BRU, PAR, ZRH) to create trans-European routes. Now it is not the case. Does it mean LEVEL will eventually take over those European bases, at least for non-Spain routes?

DUSZRH

Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:07 am

I reckon so. The reason why they founded Anisec. Unions at Vueling became too strong for their liking.

DartHerald

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Maybe they are leaving space for Norwegian Air to become their pan-European LCC?

SCQ83

Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:46 pm

DUSZRH wrote:
I reckon so. The reason why they founded Anisec. Unions at Vueling became too strong for their liking.

That is indeed a major shift.

If you look for instance at FCO (their largest base outside Spain) they still have many non-Spanish routes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonardo_da_Vinci–Fiumicino_Airport

Amsterdam, Catania, Cephalonia, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Geneva, Heraklion, Karpathos, Kos, Lampedusa, London–Gatwick, Lyon, Marseille, Munich, Mykonos, Nantes, Palermo, Paris–Orly, Prague, Preveza/Lefkhada, Rhodes, Santorini, Split, Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion, Vienna, Zadar, Zakynthos, Zürich

Yet they don't even mention it as a focus or strategic growth area for VY. I could see Vueling being transferred to LEVEL in Rome and other European bases and keep the VY brand just in routes inside Spain and from Spain.

jetwet1

Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:05 pm

SCQ83 wrote:

Hang on, lmfao, the word delusional springs to mind, maybe a semi decent Marriott, but a Ritz-Carlton.....Errrr no

GCT64

Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:04 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

Hang on, lmfao, the word delusional springs to mind, maybe a semi decent Marriott, but a Ritz-Carlton.....Errrr no

That was exactly my thought: BA = Ritz-Carlton??? that's self-delusional
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

Breathe

Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:16 pm

GCT64 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

Maybe 20 years ago! :lol:

Cunard

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:06 am

Breathe wrote:
GCT64 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:

Maybe 20 years ago! :lol:

Very strange and rather coincidental comparison it maybe although not as strange as it seems as not that long ago during the summer actually when I dealt with two guests disembarking from the Cunard liner QUEEN MARY 2 in Southampton who were booked First Class with British Airways from LHR to JFK and were staying at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel and low and behold both gentlemen in their late forties were both smartly dressed and were wearing HACKETT Polo shirts, one in pale pink the other in pale blue so take that story for what it is as British Airways might not be far off the mark in their comparisons :-)
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

kitplane01

Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:11 pm

a350lover wrote:

IAG forecasts a positive future until 2023. Big focus on deploying more of its LEVEL brand, grow Iberia, and renovating BA's fleet.

Do you guys think IAG is the most powerful airline group in Europe? They seem to be the one with the greatest revenue.

This is wrong. Also an easy google search.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s ... t_airlines

Lufthansa = $39 billion
Air France = $29 billion
IAG = $26 billion

heretothere

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 am

I have a few questions about the fleet plan on slide 167 for those better educated on IAG:

-Why does it show the E-jets decreasing to 16 by 2020? I thought IAG was growing CityFlyer?
-It shows five 757/767 at the end of 2018. Are those all EI 757s?
-Do we know where the additional four 77W are coming from in 2020?

Andy33

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:09 am

heretothere wrote:
I have a few questions about the fleet plan on slide 167 for those better educated on IAG:

-Why does it show the E-jets decreasing to 16 by 2020? I thought IAG was growing CityFlyer?
-It shows five 757/767 at the end of 2018. Are those all EI 757s?
-Do we know where the additional four 77W are coming from in 2020?

757/767 end of year totals for 2018 are all EI. Openskies 757 and 767 planes went during this summer as the operation was rebranded to Level and planes replaced with shiny new A330ceos. BA's mainline 767s are now down to three, they'll all be gone by the end of this month

Three of the 77W are new-builds and have been announced as such during this year. They are to replace, indirectly, the surviving three 772 non-ERs. The fourth one is a surprise. Given the tight lead time it is either second hand or a new build already ordered by a leasing company (or, I suppose, ordered by an airline who no longer wants to take delivery in 2020)

majano

Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:23 am

kitplane01 wrote:
a350lover wrote:

Lufthansa = $39 billion
Air France = $29 billion
IAG = $26 billion

The link you provided (Wiki) seems to show American with profits greater than Delta's. Not sure whether that is accurate or not, but I personally doubt the accuracy of these lists.

kitplane01

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:01 am

majano wrote:
kitplane01 wrote:
a350lover wrote:

Lufthansa = $39 billion
Air France = $29 billion
IAG = $26 billion

The link you provided (Wiki) seems to show American with profits greater than Delta's. Not sure whether that is accurate or not, but I personally doubt the accuracy of these lists.

You doubt the number provided from a reputable source with a cite, for no particular reason. That's not a very constructive criticism.
But if you need a second source, Forbes also says IAG is smaller than Air France and Lufthansa. If you're going to doubt this one too, please provide a real reason.
https://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/ ... ry:Airline

ClassicLover

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:06 am

kitplane01 wrote:
You doubt the number provided from a reputable source with a cite, for no particular reason. That's not a very constructive criticism.
But if you need a second source, Forbes also says IAG is smaller than Air France and Lufthansa. If you're going to doubt this one too, please provide a real reason.

That's a much better source. You should never use Wikipedia to reference anything properly, find a reputable publication like you just have. It's what is taught in University today - you are just not allowed to use Wikipedia as a reference.

Either way, they're all huge companies in the airline world.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

majano

Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:59 pm

kitplane01 wrote:
majano wrote:
kitplane01 wrote:

Lufthansa = $39 billion
Air France = $29 billion
IAG = $26 billion

Other than what other users have pointed out with regards to the use of Wikipedia, the aspect I questioned was not the size of IAG. I referred specifically to AA profits vs Delta's profits. Anyway, we are transgressing from the topic at hand.

peanuts

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 pm

GCT64 wrote:
jetwet1 wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:

Ah...peanut gallery...

This is marketing and strategizing. Think of it this way...is a Ritz-Carlton guest more likely to fly BA or Ryan Air?
Don't get too bogged down on the details or direct comparisons.

kitplane01

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
kitplane01 wrote:

That's a much better source. You should never use Wikipedia to reference anything properly, find a reputable publication like you just have. It's what is taught in University today - you are just not allowed to use Wikipedia as a reference.

Either way, they're all huge companies in the airline world.

I literally teach at a university, and that's not our rule. Also, the Wiki link and the Forbes link agree. Finally, the fact the writer said (IAG most revenue of any airline in Europe) was false.

ClassicLover

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am

kitplane01 wrote:
I literally teach at a university, and that's not our rule. Also, the Wiki link and the Forbes link agree. Finally, the fact the writer said (IAG most revenue of any airline in Europe) was false.

Well, in my undergraduate (2008-2012) and Master's (2018) in two separate Universities in two separate countries (Ireland and UK) Wikipedia was not permitted to be used as a reference by anyone ever. I understand rules may not be as stringent in other institutions when it comes to a Wiki that anyone can edit.

I agree completely that what the writer said about IAG having the most revenue was false. I never questioned that at all.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos