User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2824
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:23 am

SQ789 wrote:
dtw9 wrote:
Rumor has it that Spirit is taking two

Ex TF-BRO and TF-SIS is the reported registration for Spirit


That makes more sense as they have IAE engines. TF-SIS is due to become N698NK, which will be owned by Spirit Airlines and not Avolon Aerospace. I would be surprised if Avolon didn't also sell TF-BRO outright. Its N number has not been determined yet, but N697NK and N699NK have both been reserved by Spirit.

What are the lessors gaining though from sales rather than lease placements?
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:02 am

SQ789 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Updates 22 April 2019:
Airbus A321-211 6232 C-GHQI Air Canada rouge ferried 15apr18 LCQ-TPA after paint ex TF-DAD
Airbus A321-253N 7694 TF-SKY Air Lease Corp ferried 18apr19 LJU-MLA for paint into? ex D-AZAA
Airbus A321-253N 8085 TF-DTR Air Lease Corp Wow Air cs, ferried 19apr19 YMX-SNN ex D-AVYW
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

I wonder if the A321neo is going for Bamboo Airways of Vietnam.

Bamboo took Primera Air Scandinavia's.
OY-PAB msn 8195 -> VN-A588
OY-PAC msn 8260 -> VN-A589
OY-PAE msn 8312 -> VN-A591

I think they will also pick up OY-PAD msn 8288, currently stored. OY-PAB, OY-PAC, OY-PAD and OY-PAE were destined for Alitalia but ntu

OY-PAA msn 8145 and OY-PAF msn 8318 are with TAP now.

Source: Planespotters.net
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Dispatcher9999
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:55 am

Does anyone know the registrations of the 2x ex WOW aircraft to join the Thomas Cook group?
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:36 am

Dispatcher9999 wrote:
Does anyone know the registrations of the 2x ex WOW aircraft to join the Thomas Cook group?

Based on this webpage (http://www.airliners.de/condor-a321-jet ... source=air), they will lease two ex-WW A321 from ALC.

Not sure which two they are taking though. WW used to have four A321 leased from ALC.
TF-DTR 8085, currerntly stored at SNN
TF-GMA 7127, currently stored at OSR
TF-SKY 7694, currently stored at MLA
TF-WIN 7650, currently stored at YMX
TF-GPA 7237, currently stored at KEF
TF-JOY 7433, currently stored at YUL
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
User avatar
AwyrCymru
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:43 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:54 am

I Saw TF-DTR (Airbus A321 -253N) flying over south Wales, in WOW colours, this morning from Shannon (SNN). It's currently flying just north of Frankfurt as I type
AwyrCymru ~ AirWales
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:06 pm

juliuswong wrote:
Dispatcher9999 wrote:
Does anyone know the registrations of the 2x ex WOW aircraft to join the Thomas Cook group?

Based on this webpage (http://www.airliners.de/condor-a321-jet ... source=air), they will lease two ex-WW A321 from ALC.

Not sure which two they are taking though. WW used to have four A321 leased from ALC.
TF-DTR 8085, currerntly stored at SNN
TF-GMA 7127, currently stored at OSR
TF-SKY 7694, currently stored at MLA
TF-WIN 7650, currently stored at YMX
TF-GPA 7237, currently stored at KEF
TF-JOY 7433, currently stored at YUL

Sorry typo... It should read.... WW used to have six A321 leased from ALC.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
AirbusOnly
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Flying to Ostrava (Czech Republic), I guess for repaint for the new owner
 
Supersarestupid
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:28 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:45 am

The WOW bird left BOS today. TF-DOG went to LCQ, which also got TF-CAT from EWR.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 am

Update 25th April 2019:
A321-253N msn 8085 TF-DTR Air Lease Corp Wow Air cs, ferried 19/22apr19 YMX-SNN-OSR ex D-AVYW
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
bertiebott
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:23 pm

Has anyone heard stories from any of the pilots or staff working for WOW on the day they abruptly shut down? What happened to the crews that flew the planes into the outstations (BOS, EWR, etc.)? Their stories I imagine might be similar to some of the crews at Braniff.
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Topic Author
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:29 pm

bertiebott wrote:
Has anyone heard stories from any of the pilots or staff working for WOW on the day they abruptly shut down? What happened to the crews that flew the planes into the outstations (BOS, EWR, etc.)? Their stories I imagine might be similar to
some of the crews at Braniff.


Icelandair flew the crews home for free.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
chrisa330
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:11 pm

AC noted today they are taking 6 A321s from WW instead of 4. Any idea which are the additional 2?
 
User avatar
HeyTK
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:42 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 pm

I just heard that TF-SKY A321N is going to Onur Air and is currently getting painted in Malta.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 am

Update 29th April 2019:
A321-211 msn 7127 G-TCVE Thomas Cook Airlines at OSR 25apr19 in Thomas Cook cs prior delivery ex TF-GMA
A321-253N msn 7694 TC-OEE Onur Air ferried 18apr19 LJU-MLA, TF-reg for paint prior delivery jul19 ex TF-SKY
A321-211 msn 8104 TF-CAT (Wow Air) ferried 24apr19 EWR-LCQ, for Air Canada rouge (+ 8232 TF-DOG BOS-LCQ) ex D-AVZF
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

@chrisa330, your question is answered above.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:52 am

With latest A321 movement, here are the updates:
A321 fleet
TF-CAT MSN 8104- Stored at LCQ, being prepared for Air Canada Rouge
TF-DOG MSN 8232- Stored at LCQ, being prepared for Air Canada Rouge
TF-GPA MSN 7273- Stored at KEF
TF-JOY MSN 7433- Stored at YUL
TF-NOW MSN 7715- Stored at MIA
TF-PRO MSN 7680- Stored at LFBF
TF-SKY MSN 7694- Stored at MLA, being prepared for Onur Air TC-OEE
TF-DAD MSN 6232- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQI
TF-MOM MSN 6210- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQG
TF-KID MSN 5681- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPD
TF-SON MSN 5733- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPJ
TF-DTR MSN 8085- Stored at OSR
TF-WIN MSN 7650- Stored at YMX
TF-GMA MSN 7127- Stored at OSR, being prepared for Thomas Cook Airlines G-TCVE

Thomas Cook Airline should be getting TF-DTR too, as it is owned by ALC.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Dispatcher9999
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Tue May 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Wondering if there was any update on TF-GPA. Last picture I saw of it was with a dump truck parked in front of it, as I read Isavia had impounded it. There was an article a few days ago saying it had been moved to a maintenance hangar and engines had been ran. Does this mean its been released and is soon due to move on to its new owners?
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:24 pm

So, list of creditors and the claims list issued today. Total claims against WOW air amount to 1,1 B USD (138B ISK). Probably includes huge claims from lessors for the entire amount of their lease contracts as the biggest claimant is CIT Aerospace.
Priority claims (salaries, retirement fund contributions etc.) on the order of $40M.
 
User avatar
GlobalAirways
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:53 pm

Interesting that TF-GAY went to TK as TC-LOL "GAY" to "LOL" not sure if that was intentional or a coincidence?
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. ~ W. Clement Stone
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 275
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:27 pm

GlobalAirways wrote:
Interesting that TF-GAY went to TK as TC-LOL "GAY" to "LOL" not sure if that was intentional or a coincidence?

Coincidence, the last A333 they took delivery of was TC-LOK so the next one was LOL.
 
danipawa
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

WOW Air Ongoing Developments Discussion Thread

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:06 pm

juliuswong wrote:
With latest A321 movement, here are the updates:
A321 fleet
TF-CAT MSN 8104- Stored at LCQ, being prepared for Air Canada Rouge
TF-DOG MSN 8232- Stored at LCQ, being prepared for Air Canada Rouge
TF-GPA MSN 7273- Stored at KEF
TF-JOY MSN 7433- Stored at YUL
TF-NOW MSN 7715- Stored at MIA
TF-PRO MSN 7680- Stored at LFBF
TF-SKY MSN 7694- Stored at MLA, being prepared for Onur Air TC-OEE
TF-DAD MSN 6232- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQI
TF-MOM MSN 6210- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQG
TF-KID MSN 5681- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPD
TF-SON MSN 5733- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPJ
TF-DTR MSN 8085- Stored at OSR
TF-WIN MSN 7650- Stored at YMX
TF-GMA MSN 7127- Stored at OSR, being prepared for Thomas Cook Airlines G-TCVE

Thomas Cook Airline should be getting TF-DTR too, as it is owned by ALC.


NOW, PRO stored, JOY, WIN with Rouge, GPA Thomas Cook, DTR with Onur, GMA with Condor and Both A339 with Citilink Indonesia
Last edited by SQ22 on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:28 am

Running an update:

A320 fleet
TF-BRO MSN 4305 Active with Spirit Airlines N697NK
TF-SIS MSN 4270 Active with Spirit Airlines N698NK
TF-NEO MSN 7560 Active with Vistara VT-TNN

A321 fleet
TF-CAT MSN 8104- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GKFA
TF-DOG MSN 8232- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GKFB
TF-GPA MSN 7273- Stored at LJU, due for Thomas Cook Airlines G-TCDS
TF-JOY MSN 7433- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GJTH
TF-NOW MSN 7715- Stored at LFBF
TF-PRO MSN 7680- Stored at LFBF
TF-SKY MSN 7694- Active with Onur Air TC-OED
TF-DAD MSN 6232- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQI
TF-MOM MSN 6210- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHQG
TF-KID MSN 5681- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPD
TF-SON MSN 5733- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GHPJ
TF-DTR MSN 8085- Active with Onur Air TC-OEE
TF-WIN MSN 7650- Active with Air Canada Rouge C-GJTX
TF-GMA MSN 7127- Active with Condor D-AIAI

A330 fleet
TF-GAY MSN 1098 Active with Turkish Airlines TC-LOL
TF-LUV MSN 1607 Active with Turkish Airlines TC-LOJ
TF-WOW MSN 1624 Active with Turkish Airlines TC-LOK

Source: https://www.planespotters.net/airline/WOW-air
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
A380MSN004
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:07 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

thanks.

What's gonna happen for :
TF-NOW MSN 7715- Stored at LFBF
TF-PRO MSN 7680- Stored at LFBF
 
danipawa
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:44 pm

and the A330Neo..
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 pm

danipawa wrote:
and the A330Neo..

Both A330neo ntu by WW would now go to Indonesia's Citilink to launch long haul low cost route...due Q4, 2019.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm

A380MSN004 wrote:
thanks.

What's gonna happen for :
TF-NOW MSN 7715- Stored at LFBF
TF-PRO MSN 7680- Stored at LFBF

Not sure what will happen to these two birds, if I'm not mistaken they are involved in some litigation due to non-payment. I hope this is false. Given the shortage of narrow body due to 73max, I'm surprised they are not picked up earlier. Maybe Bamboo Airways of Vietnam may take them since they added a few used A321ceo/neo recently.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
IWMBH
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:09 pm

juliuswong wrote:
danipawa wrote:
and the A330Neo..

Both A330neo ntu by WW would now go to Indonesia's Citilink to launch long haul low cost route...due Q4, 2019.


Both are taken up by Thai Asia X according to planespotters.net. Reg. HS-XJA and -XJB.
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1709
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:21 pm

IWMBH wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
danipawa wrote:
and the A330Neo..

Both A330neo ntu by WW would now go to Indonesia's Citilink to launch long haul low cost route...due Q4, 2019.


Both are taken up by Thai Asia X according to planespotters.net. Reg. HS-XJA and -XJB.

Actually no. Thai AirAsia X will take MSN 1901 HS-XJA and MSN 1903 HS-XJB.

Citilink will take MSN 1880 and MSN 1887. Both were registered as TF-BIG and TF-MOG respectively and fully painted in WOW air colours before going into deep storage.

The Thai AirAsia X pair only have their tails painted in WOW air colour, primer body before they were stored. They were never registered under TF- registration AFAIK.

Source: https://www.abcdlist.nl/a340f/a340f.html#end
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Blankbarcode
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Interesting development, seems they've risen

https://twitter.com/beggi_north/status/ ... 96904?s=20

"Inaugural flight in October, from the new base at IAD to KEF! Also focusing on air cargo. Mentions the icelandic fish export. cargo build up at KEF"
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 pm

Just watched a press conference by this lady Michelle Ballarin aka something else. It is very evident she does’nt have a clue what it takes to run an airline.
 
A380MSN004
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:07 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm

arcticcruiser wrote:
Just watched a press conference by this lady Michelle Ballarin aka something else. It is very evident she does’nt have a clue what it takes to run an airline.


Mixed fleet of airbus and Boeing with 10-12 aircrafts maximum. Is this serious ?
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Michelin star food, lounge for everyone...
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:12 pm

Here is the press briefing by the lady with all the aliases.

https://www.visir.is/g/2019190909147/fyrsta-flugid-verdur-i-oktober-gefur-ekki-upp-kaupverdid-og-leggur-aherslu-a-godan-mat

Boarding in 8 minutes using biometrics!

Enjoy...
 
User avatar
NearMiss
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:39 pm

Mixed fleet for the revival of an airline. Can't see that going wrong.
"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
 
User avatar
enilria
Posts: 9578
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:47 pm

As long as I can bring my service hippo on the plane I will fly them.
 
alan3
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm

My god, this is going to be like Eastern all over again isn't it.

LET IT DIE.
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1935
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:42 pm

We have to be at the peak of a business cycle. These train wreck startups are really coming out of the woodwork.

Midwest, Eastern, WOW..
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..
 
santi319
Posts: 816
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:45 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
We have to be at the peak of a business cycle. These train wreck startups are really coming out of the woodwork.

Midwest, Eastern, WOW..

Moxy..
 
User avatar
hOMSaR
Posts: 2186
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Blankbarcode wrote:
Interesting development, seems they've risen

https://twitter.com/beggi_north/status/ ... 96904?s=20

"Inaugural flight in October, from the new base at IAD to KEF! Also focusing on air cargo. Mentions the icelandic fish export. cargo build up at KEF"


Guess they'll be flying 757s then.
The plural of Airbus is Airbuses. Airbii is not a word.
There is no 787-800, nor 787-900 or 747-800. It's 787-8, 787-9, and 747-8.
A321neoLR is also unnecessary. It's simply A321LR.
Airplanes don't have isles, they have aisles.
 
UPNYGuy
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:53 pm

santi319 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
We have to be at the peak of a business cycle. These train wreck startups are really coming out of the woodwork.

Midwest, Eastern, WOW..

Moxy..


The difference about Moxy is that David Neelman has not had a startup fail iirc.
 
A380MSN004
Posts: 572
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:07 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 pm

UPNYGuy wrote:
santi319 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
We have to be at the peak of a business cycle. These train wreck startups are really coming out of the woodwork.

Midwest, Eastern, WOW..

Moxy..


The difference about Moxy is that David Neelman has not had a startup fail iirc.


Now he has one airline where he took some stakes and turned out To be a faire "aigle azur"
But indeed he wasnt leading at all
 
HP69
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:35 pm

I’ve heard Iceland is really struggling since WOW went down.
 
Natflyer
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:44 pm

HP69 wrote:
I’ve heard Iceland is really struggling since WOW went down.


Well, then you heard wrong!
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Topic Author
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Natflyer wrote:
HP69 wrote:
I’ve heard Iceland is really struggling since WOW went down.


Well, then you heard wrong!


This. There hasn't been any noticeable impact in the daily lives of Icelanders aside from the WOW staff itself and a handful of people in the tourism sector. Some marginal reduction in GDP, but nothing major. If it wasn't for the MAX grounding at FI the impact would be even less.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
akb88
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:44 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:39 am

Well this is gonna be.....something.
She said in an interview that her faith will be a factor in the running of the airline and communication with the passengers..... :?
 
birdup
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:29 am

“Vikings and cowboys” hmmm
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 2824
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:33 am

HP69 wrote:
I’ve heard Iceland is really struggling since WOW went down.


Not really. Many WOW cabin crew members were actually previously nurses working outside of their field. After WOW air collapsed, with Iceland having a nurse shortage, most went back to nursing.

Aviation-wise, the two ex-WOW A320s for Spirit are operating leases from Avolon (although Spirit paid to park the registrations).
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 12404
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:10 am

NearMiss wrote:
Mixed fleet for the revival of an airline. Can't see that going wrong.

Considering all of the F-ups from both manufacturers (as well as the engine OEMs), having a mixed fleet at this point seems like the wiser strategy.

E.g. what good would "commonality" be doing right now for an airline whose model was to launch with only 737MAXs? Or that had only ordered PW powered A32xNEOs?
Last edited by LAX772LR on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
User avatar
jaybird
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:23 am

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 am

enilria wrote:
As long as I can bring my service hippo on the plane I will fly them.


HA! well as long as you put one big diaper on it! ;-)
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Topic Author
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:44 pm

akb88 wrote:
Well this is gonna be.....something.
She said in an interview that her faith will be a factor in the running of the airline and communication with the passengers..... :?


Yes, she’s even told the media that the first order of business will be to move their HQs closer to the nearest church...
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
arcticcruiser
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: WOW Ceases Operations

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:30 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
akb88 wrote:
Well this is gonna be.....something.
She said in an interview that her faith will be a factor in the running of the airline and communication with the passengers..... :?


Yes, she’s even told the media that the first order of business will be to move their HQs closer to the nearest church...


WOW the Lords Airline II? Neither of the first ones worked well...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos