Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

dcajet
Topic Author

On its way the second 737 for Norwegian Argentina

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:40 pm

LV-IQZ Boeing 737-8JP c/n 42086/6365, ex EI-FVP. with NAS, delivered 20/4/17, Santiago Ramon y Cajal on the fin, left ARN this AM and arrived at LPA where it will overnight before continuing to EZE via an intermediate point in NE Brazil tomorrow. No details yet about which Argentinian figure will be on the tail of Quebec Zulu.

Two more 737s are expected in December.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/lv-iqz
Keep calm and wash your hands.

dcajet
Topic Author

Re: On its way the second 737 for Norwegian Argentina

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:23 pm

LV-IQZ landed this afternoon at 17:35 ART at a very wet EZE. Route was ARN-LPA-NAT-EZE. Will enter commercial service on Monday, Nov. 19th with flights to NQN and IGR, both from AEP,

https://twitter.com/AvionesenEzeiza/sta ... 0074640384

flight152

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:29 pm

Why is this news? Boeing delivers hundreds of 737’s per year.

Aeroflot777

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:44 pm

flight152 wrote:

Because we are on an aviation website full of avgeeks and some of us enjoy reading and keeping up with news about the industry, various a/c types and airlines.

Not interested, don't read. Simple concept.

Congrats to Norwegian and their operations down south! Will be fun to watch how the airline expands down there are more planes are added to the fleet.

cedars747

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:50 pm

dcajet wrote:
LV-IQZ Boeing 737-8JP c/n 42086/6365, ex EI-FVP. with NAS, delivered 20/4/17, Santiago Ramon y Cajal on the fin, left ARN this AM and arrived at LPA where it will overnight before continuing to EZE via an intermediate point in NE Brazil tomorrow. No details yet about which Argentinian figure will be on the tail of Quebec Zulu.

I'm really deconcentrated, Norwegian is doing pretty bad here in Norway. Surely Argentines will like the idea of traveling on domestic flights aboard an European airline.
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

dcajet
Topic Author

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm

cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Surely Argentines will like the idea of traveling on domestic flights aboard an European airline.

Except that there is nothing European here, except for the name. Crews are from Argentina, flights are domestic, Spanish is spoken on board, planes are registered in Argentina, the airline's AOC is from Argentina, etc. etc. Once past the novelty, people realize this is just another local airline, carrying local people, with Norwegian roots. No different from the Argentinian franchises for LATAM or Avianca.

lesfalls

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:33 pm

cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

I'm really deconcentrated, Norwegian is doing pretty bad here in Norway. Surely Argentines will like the idea of traveling on domestic flights aboard an European airline.

How has Norwegian been doing bad in Norway recently may I ask?
Lufthansa: Einfach ein bisschen besser.

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:04 am

lesfalls wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

They are competing against low-cost carriers, flag-carriers, and labour unions in scandinavian markets . All this is risking their reputation that took years to build.
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:20 am

dcajet wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Surely Argentines will like the idea of traveling on domestic flights aboard an European airline.

Except that there is nothing European here, except for the name. Crews are from Argentina, flights are domestic, Spanish is spoken on board, planes are registered in Argentina, the airline's AOC is from Argentina, etc. etc. Once past the novelty, people realize this is just another local airline, carrying local people, with Norwegian roots. No different from the Argentinian franchises for LATAM or Avianca.

Argentines love brands especially European ones,

aemoreira1981

Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 am

flight152 wrote:

Because it's the start of a new airline. This is actually a transfer from D8 to DN. Right now, all of DN's flights have been on a single B738.

Also, keep in mind that the original AOC for the Norwegian group dates back to 1966 (as BS). After BS collapsed, its AOC and other BS assets were used to start DY.

avier

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 am

flight152 wrote:

Which means they'll post another thread when it receives its third, fourth.. and so on. :lol:

And other more relevant aviation news won't even show up on here.

mozart

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:50 am

avier wrote:
flight152 wrote:

Which means they'll post another thread when it receives its third, fourth.. and so on. :lol:

And other more relevant aviation news won't even show up on here.

You are free to open any thread on any topic that you deem newsworthy.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk Pro

avier

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:12 am

mozart wrote:

True.

But why dilute a.net with thousands of threads of petty news and cause the more bigger and relevant news to get drowned in it?

On the a.net home page I see such petty topics on the front page and have to come to the main civil aviation section to hunt and sift through for some more interesting threads.

Someone83

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:53 am

lesfalls wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Norwegian is doing great in Norway. As a mather of fact it is where their business is profitable, unlike most of their other operations

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Someone83 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:
cedars747 wrote:

Norwegian is doing great in Norway. As a mather of fact it is where their business is profitable, unlike most of their other operations

They use to do better, prices are the same as SAS, I really don't notice the difference between the two.

Someone83

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm

cedars747 wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
lesfalls wrote:

They use to do better, prices are the same as SAS, I really don't notice the difference between the two.

And that is why both Norwegian and SAS operations in Norway are highly profitable as they are running a duopoly where the competition is rather «balanced»

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Someone83 wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
Someone83 wrote:

And that is why both Norwegian and SAS operations in Norway are highly profitable as they are running a duopoly where the competition is rather «balanced»

That's why Norwegian lost their charm!, while Wizzair are offering many destinations with attractive tariffs out of Norway.

Someone83

Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Who cares about charm?

Running a business, it is profit that counts

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Who cares about charm?

Running a business, it is profit that counts

They are losing business because they are not competitive anymore. Why choose Norwegian when SAS has more to offer for my money.

LVISA

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:34 pm

avier wrote:
mozart wrote:

True.

But why dilute a.net with thousands of threads of petty news and cause the more bigger and relevant news to get drowned in it?

On the a.net home page I see such petty topics on the front page and have to come to the main civil aviation section to hunt and sift through for some more interesting threads.

Respectfully, I find any news about airplane rumors, orders, deliveries, changes and disposals to be very interesting, and I thank dcajet and others like him for posting the information on this forum. As previous posters have stated, no one is forced to read what they don't want; if this topic bores you, why even open it?

cedars747

Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm

LVISA wrote:
avier wrote:
mozart wrote:

True.

Respectfully, I find any news about airplane rumors, orders, deliveries, changes and disposals to be very interesting, and I thank dcajet and others like him for posting the information on this forum. As previous posters have stated, no one is forced to read what they don't want; if this topic bores you, why even open it?

Actually it's a relevant news about the debut of a new airline in Argentina with bases in Buenos Aires and Córdoba.

Aisak

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 am

dcajet wrote:
LV-IQZ landed this afternoon at 17:35 ART at a very wet EZE. Route was ARN-LPA-NAT-EZE. Will enter commercial service on Monday, Nov. 19th with flights to NQN and IGR, both from AEP,

Why the ferry flight went to EZE if the hub is in AEP? I know only some international routes are served from AEP (even if this is a non commercial flight). Couldn’t have it landed directly to AEP?

jetblueguy22

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 am

dcajet wrote:
cedars747 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

That is like saying Burger King is actually Canadian because it’s headquartered in Ontario....It’s a European company with an Argentinian AOC.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

dcajet
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:52 am

Aisak wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Why the ferry flight went to EZE if the hub is in AEP? I know only some international routes are served from AEP (even if this is a non commercial flight). Couldn’t have it landed directly to AEP?

I believe that the customs & tax paperwork is done at EZE - all new planes complete those import formalities there. Besides Norwegian has no hangar at AEP and there are several ones they could take advantage of @ EZE where a new, local historical figure decal is supposed to replace the current one. I reckon they may want to keep it discreet until they unveil it.

Another factor: AEP is bursting at the seams. There are hardly any parking positions left there for an idle 737 and w/o its own hangar.

jetblueguy22 wrote:
That is like saying Burger King is actually Canadian because it’s headquartered in Ontario....It’s a European company with an Argentinian AOC.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig

Norwegian Argentina SA is an Argentinian airline of European capital and a subsidiary of Norwegian Air Shuttle. I appreciate what you are saying, but legally, it's how I explained it.

dcajet
Topic Author

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Norwegian became today the first airline in Argentina to offer free WiFi Internet on board; on Monday their second 737-800 will open two new routes: Neuquen NQN and Puerto Iguazu (IGR).

dcajet
Topic Author

Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:30 am

Norwegian tails at AEP today:

dcajet
Topic Author

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:50 pm

The third 737 for Norwegian Argentina is on its way. Left Stockholm Arlanda this morning and is currently overnighting @ LPA before departing Sunday AM for EZE via NAT. It is LV-ISQ ex-EI-FVT, (42280/6402) FF: 4/5/17. It will help launch services to BRC and increase frequencies to IGR and NQN. Sources at DN say the aircraft will arrive white-tailed, having previously had English footballer Bobby Moore on its tail.

dcajet
Topic Author

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Indeed LV-ISQ is a white-tailed 737. Seen at ARN yesterday before departing and at NAT today during a refueling stop on its way to EZE.

2nd photo credit to Kaka Jacome.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos