marcecar10

Re: OAG Changes 11/11/2018:AA Drops CHA-ORD,MEX-PHL;AS Drops FCA-PDX;NK Adds MCO-KIN/MBJ/DEN;UA Drops FAY-IAD,Adds FAT-O

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Just entered the thread and apparently UIO and GYE are now in my country and not in Ecuador! LOL!

I wish JetBlue started more service to LIM, but kudos to them for having success in Ecuador!

flyfresno

Re: OAG Changes 11/11/2018:AA Drops CHA-ORD,MEX-PHL;AS Drops FCA-PDX;NK Adds MCO-KIN/MBJ/DEN;UA Drops FAY-IAD,Adds FAT-O

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm

ORD nonstop on mainline UA, and extension of the 2nd PDX are both great adds for FAT! I'm still surprised to see both PDX flights operate so close together (only 2 hours apart going to PDX, 5 hours apart coming back). The current schedule does not afford any real opportunity to do a "day trip" in either direction.

Nicknuzzii

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm

If I'm reading this correctly, why so many cuts at EWR?

usairways85

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:17 pm

Runway28L wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
soflaflyer wrote:

Could some of these be upgauges?

Thanks Eniliria, really like the YOY comparison.

So far I do not see many upgauges.

Seeing quite a bit of PSA CRJ7/CRJ9 flying gradually shifting to PHL in Q1 2019.

I'm even seeing that a little bit now. An aspect of it might be the gate utilization at PHL. E-jets cannot use F while the CR7/CR9 can so that frees up B and C a bit.

ericm2031

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:

I see more adds at EWR than cuts. And the ones that are showing a decrease, are in line with what they had last year (in the brackets)

Fargo

Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:56 pm

UALFAson wrote:
Fargo wrote:
miaami wrote:
AA is up gauging a couple more Midwest flights from ORD. Along with the recent up gauging from Eagle to Mainline on ORD-IND/PIT, CMH-ORD will see 2 flights up gauged to 738 with the 2/14/19 schedule change.

But I see cities like BNA-ORD being downgauged, I wonder why?

Yeah, it's unfortunate we (BNA) weren't able to hold on to that 1 ORD mainline, but I took it several times (both up to ORD in the morning and down to BNA at night) and it was never more than about half full. With UA mainline to ORD and WN to MDW, there's just too much competition.

This kind of confirms my thinking of why I think having two hub carriers at ORD is not as good as one may think. It splits the O&D market which leads to smaller gauges on many routes. I’d personally rather AA pull out of ORD (which I know will probably not happen anytime soon) and have UA build up ORD into their Hartsfield/ATL megahub with 1000+ flights.

enilria
Topic Author

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 am

MO11 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Alsatian wrote:
A few weeks after the ATL - ONT launch, and quite the same schedules ;

ATL 850 - 1027 BUR D 73W
ATL 1915 - 2052 BUR D 73W

BUR 1115 - 1858 ATL D 73W
BUR 2145 - 528 ATL D 73W

I wonder why the sudden interest in secondary California? Connected to LAX/SEA build-up?

I would consider wouldn't consider BUR as secondary. Even from downtown Los Angeles, BUR can be a quicker drive.

IMHO LAX is primary and the others are secondary...except for WN where it's arguable what is primary. SFO is also primary in my world.
ericm2031 wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

I see more adds at EWR than cuts. And the ones that are showing a decrease, are in line with what they had last year (in the brackets)

I think UA is cutting feed and growing primary markets. Good for New Yorkers. Bad for outstations who want NYC access..

capejet

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 am

Does this mean FAY will close for UA (dropping FAY-IAD) or do they fly EWR or ORD from there too.

AVLAirlineFreq

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:56 am

capejet wrote:
Does this mean FAY will close for UA (dropping FAY-IAD) or do they fly EWR or ORD from there too.

No, IAD is their only route from FAY.

FlyingSicilian

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:09 am

Surprised to see AA cede so much of IAH-PHL to UA; I and some colleagues fly this route weekly and at one point it seemed AA was going to give it a go against UA. Frontier is seasonal and less than daily and WN just (re)started PHL-HOU and Sat-only IIRC. UA has upgauged from the 175s and even UA seemed to upgauge to 190s for a time.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

soflaflyer

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:35 am

FlyingSicilian wrote:
Surprised to see AA cede so much of IAH-PHL to UA; I and some colleagues fly this route weekly and at one point it seemed AA was going to give it a go against UA. Frontier is seasonal and less than daily and WN just (re)started PHL-HOU and Sat-only IIRC. UA has upgauged from the 175s and even UA seemed to upgauge to 190s for a time.

AA is showing 4 E-190 flights in April. Does that mean the flights are back or just a placeholder schedule that far out? This week the schedule is 3 A319s

PHLspecial

Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:44 am

FlyingSicilian wrote:

Well IAH is a connecting hub for UA. AA is provides no connections onward from IAH. Maybe AA is playing the strategy of running away from competition.

PHLspecial

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:22 am

jfklganyc wrote:
If AA wasnt so PHL centric, anti JFK, that was a route authority that they begged for for 20 years.

Lots of competition, but lots of demand.

PHL has no competition...but even with its connecting banks...no demand!

Tell that to AA. Philly is the poorest largest city in the U.S.
We have a ton of leisure travelers and some business travelers. So there is demand just not at the NYC area level. PHL and IAD is connecting hubs for AA and UA respectfully. NYC area can focus in on moving large cities to lagre cities while PHL and IAD focus on connecting smaller cities. I rather AA dehub PHL and strength JFK but PHL will be come nothing.

TheFlyGuy

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:35 am

Disappointing to see AA drop the PHL-MEX route after only ~6 months (route began July 5th and a quick Google search shows last flight on January 5th). Wish wish they would at least keep it seasonal. I suspect the schedule was partly the reason the route did not perform as expected. The PHL-MEX flight did not arrive in MEX until 11:59 PM and the MEX-PHL arrived at 12:46 PM, which make for some long layovers for connecting traffic. Hopeful that AA will ultimately be able to offer more attractive timing or that another carrier such as Interjet (most likely give codeshare with AA?), Volaris or Aeromexico will start the route.

TheFlyGuy

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:47 am

PHLspecial wrote:
We have a ton of leisure travelers and some business travelers. So there is demand just not at the NYC area level. PHL and IAD is connecting hubs for AA and UA respectfully. NYC area can focus in on moving large cities to lagre cities while PHL and IAD focus on connecting smaller cities. I rather AA dehub PHL and strength JFK but PHL will be come nothing.

The Philadelphia MSA is well above average in terms of income. The stat I believe you’re referring to is only among the 10 largest cities proper in the US, which isn’t a great indicator of regional wealth or air travel demand.

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 am

United seems to be doing what all airlines should do. Try to reduce connections at NYC airports and focus on O&D

jfklganyc

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 pm

TheFlyGuy wrote:
PHLspecial wrote:

The Philadelphia MSA is well above average in terms of income. The stat I believe you’re referring to is only among the 10 largest cities proper in the US, which isn’t a great indicator of regional wealth or air travel demand.

It is not a good statistic nonetheless, right?

MIflyer12

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Fargo wrote:
This kind of confirms my thinking of why I think having two hub carriers at ORD is not as good as one may think. It splits the O&D market which leads to smaller gauges on many routes. I’d personally rather AA pull out of ORD (which I know will probably not happen anytime soon) and have UA build up ORD into their Hartsfield/ATL megahub with 1000+ flights.

It's actually split 3-ways - don't forget WN at MDW.

Be careful what you wish for. The non-stop routes where AA is alongside UA gives CHI O&D travelers price competition.

tphuang

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Has SY cut JFK-MSP? It's not in their extension and I don't see on any updates after Jan 13th.

flyfresno

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Alsatian wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
Also of note: DL appears to be adding ATL-BUR

ATL 850 - 1027 BUR D 73W

BUR 2145 - 528 ATL D 73W

Didn’t even notice this! Wonderful add for BUR. After this starts, I believe FAT and LGB will be the only Delta CA airports without at least seasonal service to ATL...

usflyer msp

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm

tphuang wrote:
Has SY cut JFK-MSP? It's not in their extension and I don't see on any updates after Jan 13th.

It has been going away during the winter for the last couple years. It will return in the spring.

jfklganyc

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:48 pm

No it hasnt. And from the looks of their website, it isnt returning.

Been 2 daily for years

SELMER40

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Atlanta has a growing TV/film production industry. A few miles southeast and southwest of the airport there are studios. I believe it is good to connect these two production locations.
Teaching this old dog a new trick

usairways85

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:14 pm

soflaflyer wrote:
FlyingSicilian wrote:

AA is showing 4 E-190 flights in April. Does that mean the flights are back or just a placeholder schedule that far out? This week the schedule is 3 A319s

It shows 2x 190 in March.

UA still has 175's sprinkled in the IAH-PHL schedule. It's not a bad plane but I'm not a fan on a 3 - 3 1/2 hour flight and no hot meal option in F. The UA schedule on the same day in March
1x 319, 1x 739, 2x 175

FlyingSicilian

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:08 pm

usairways85 wrote:
soflaflyer wrote:
FlyingSicilian wrote:

It shows 2x 190 in March.

UA still has 175's sprinkled in the IAH-PHL schedule. It's not a bad plane but I'm not a fan on a 3 - 3 1/2 hour flight and no hot meal option in F. The UA schedule on the same day in March
1x 319, 1x 739, 2x 175

I hear you on the hot meal, though I am always in F on these flights and really enjoy the single F on the 175 (and charger on UA...none of AA!). My Friday flight on the UA 319 in F was not my favourite. I will take the 175 in F over the 319 (and there are more F seats...). Just my preference. AA had added a late 9pm PHL-IAH departure for a while and that seems to be going away. As a global service I will always steer towards UA first but the AA flights have sometimes been useful. I guess AA is happier routing their ex-Houston traffic more via DFW). I do like the new AA IAH lounge.
“Without seeing Sicily it is impossible to understand Italy.Sicily is the key of everything.”-Goethe "Journey to Italy"

flyfresno

Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

SELMER40 wrote:
Atlanta has a growing TV/film production industry. A few miles southeast and southwest of the airport there are studios. I believe it is good to connect these two production locations.

I was there a couple years ago and they had a couple blocks of DT Atlanta covered in “snow” so it could be “Chicago” in the winter. Stopped and talked to the crew, who was putting on the finishing touches, for a bit: was surprised to learn just how big the film industry has become there!

Fargo

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:47 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
Fargo wrote:

It's actually split 3-ways - don't forget WN at MDW.

Be careful what you wish for. The non-stop routes where AA is alongside UA gives CHI O&D travelers price competition.

Exactly, so WN would still keep a UA megahub in check, fares wouldn’t go up drastically. Plus, you still have NK and F9.

A UA megahub at ORD would lead to larger gauges, more frequency, more destinations both domestically and internationally and better overall operating efficiency. AA is cutting back on international flying at ORD and is flying small regional jets on most routes (as is UA, but again, this is due to the split in the O&D market). I wouldn’t miss AA one second if they left ORD.

cledaybuck

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:55 pm

Fargo wrote:
UALFAson wrote:
Fargo wrote:

But I see cities like BNA-ORD being downgauged, I wonder why?

Yeah, it's unfortunate we (BNA) weren't able to hold on to that 1 ORD mainline, but I took it several times (both up to ORD in the morning and down to BNA at night) and it was never more than about half full. With UA mainline to ORD and WN to MDW, there's just too much competition.

I'm pretty sure UA would prefer that too.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

STT757

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:55 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
If AA wasnt so PHL centric, anti JFK, that was a route authority that they begged for for 20 years.

Lots of competition, but lots of demand.

PHL has no competition...but even with its connecting banks...no demand!

The Mexico and Latin America authorities from NY were transferred from Eastern to CO by Texas air just prior to the Eastern strike and bankruptcy.

MEX, PTY, BOG, LIM were all Eastern authorities CO used to launch their own services from EWR. Which is why AA didn’t get them when they bought EA’s MIA-Latin America routes.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

chicawgo

Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:57 pm

miaami wrote:
AA is up gauging a couple more Midwest flights from ORD. Along with the recent up gauging from Eagle to Mainline on ORD-IND/PIT, CMH-ORD will see 2 flights up gauged to 738 with the 2/14/19 schedule change.

Wow! Ordcmh has been cr7s all day for as long as I can remember.

jetbluefan1

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks enilria!

enilria wrote:
AA BOS-JFK MAR 5>4[2]
AA BOS-LAX FEB 5>4[5] MAR 6>4[5]
AA BOS-ORD FEB 8>6[7] MAR 10>7[7]
AA BOS-PHX MAR 4>3[4]

Some pretty big reductions for AA @ BOS. B6 will be pleased, and maybe could become the largest player to LAX (they already command a fare premium over everyone else).

Not really, for March this shows they have the same number of flights they had last uear.

True, although BOS-LAX and BOS-PHX show year-over-year decreases, which will serve to reduce ASM's out of BOS pretty significantly. I can't say I'm all that surprised on the LAX cuts - AA's yields took a nose dive once they increased capacity.

SANFan wrote:
I too say it's nice to see SAN-BOS go triple daily again in the summer of 2019 on Blue. (Hopefully it won't disappear suddenly and unexpectedly again as it did this summer.)

Of interest is the fact that AS has not added even a 2nd flight in the market. There now appears to be little doubt in my mind as to which carrier "owns" the BOS-SAN market!

bb

B6 commands far higher yields on BOS-SAN than AS. While I don't think this market necessarily needs a third B6 flight, it does have the dual benefits of (1) pressuring AS even further, perhaps with the intention of driving them off the route, and (2) keeping DL from even thinking about entering the market. (Given DL's pretty lousy performance on BOS-LAX/SFO, I doubt they would look to add SAN, but it's a possibility.)

Planeboy17 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks enilria!

Some pretty big reductions for AA @ BOS. B6 will be pleased, and maybe could become the largest player to LAX (they already command a fare premium over everyone else).

AS is showing it’s committed to PNW transcons (and beating B6 decisively), which is the opposite direction of California markets which overlap with Mint. I wish B6 would get into EWR-LAX/SFO and FLL-SEA.

The third BOS-SAN frequency returns this summer. Looks like it’s being taken from BOS-SEA, which is probably a smart move. SAN just generates more revenue for B6, and SEA is a bloodbath.

The eleventh JFK-LAX frequency returns, which I hope sticks around year-round. Interesting to see B6 reduce JFK-LAS...I don’t see the schedule loaded on jetblue.com yet, but I wonder if the reduction is 1 of the 2 Mint flights.

B6 is really doubling down on NYC-DR, and the additions to GND/KIN are impressive. These flights print money.

The additional FLL-UIO frequency along with the addition of GYE are of note. B6 seems to be building a Peruvian niche.

It's really crazy how much capacity b6 has added on NYC to Dr this past year. I would imagine cutting ewr Florida flight in summer time for sti and sdq is probably more profitable. I would love to see what they would do if they got 2 more gates at ewr. As is clearly not competitive on ewr SFO and lax.

They really milk these NYC vfr routes. Interesting that Bo's is getting more Dr capacity too. JFK kin seems quite profitable too. Good to see JFK den going double daily earlier this year. I think it did pretty well this past summer.

Good point on fll to Peru. Basically tripling capacity yoy.

As stated earlier, Ecuador not Peru. Although B6 does serve Lima.

LOL - My bad! I wrote that before I had my coffee for the morning. Yes, UIO and and GYE are in Ecuador, not Peru.

alfa164 wrote:
Planeboy17 wrote:
tphuang wrote:
It's really crazy how much capacity b6 has added on NYC to Dr this past year. I would imagine cutting ewr Florida flight in summer time for sti and sdq is probably more profitable. I would love to see what they would do if they got 2 more gates at ewr. As is clearly not competitive on ewr SFO and lax.
They really milk these NYC vfr routes. Interesting that Bo's is getting more Dr capacity too. JFK kin seems quite profitable too. Good to see JFK den going double daily earlier this year. I think it did pretty well this past summer.

As stated earlier, Ecuador not Peru. Although B6 does serve Lima.

It is hard to believe so many "experts" here don't know that UIO and GYE are in Ecuador...

:roll:

Haha...well I never claimed to be an "expert" ;)

tphuang wrote:

Good point on EWR - it looks like Florida is being swapped for DR during the summer season (which makes sense given the seasonality patterns). I also think B6 sees NK dipping its toe in the water and they are certainly not happy about that. Do we know how many gates B6 will have exclusive (or shared) access to once EWR Terminal A is complete? Would love to see B6 enter LAX/SFO, and maybe even LAS and SAN (UA gets away with murder in these markets).

It truly is amazing how much B6 has grown its NYC VFR routes, while AA has shrunk and even DL hasn't had as much success. It wouldn't surprise me if B6 had more capacity from NYC to the Islands than DL @ JFK or UA @ EWR.

flyfresno

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm

AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
capejet wrote:

Could we see AA pick up PHL and/or DCA as a result? Is there a major reason to have service to the DC area from FAY?

HPRamper

Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:30 pm

flyfresno wrote:
AVLAirlineFreq wrote:
capejet wrote:

Could we see AA pick up PHL and/or DCA as a result? Is there a major reason to have service to the DC area from FAY?

Fort Bragg military connections, almost certainly.

FSDan

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:57 pm

jetbluefan1 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if B6 had more capacity from NYC to the Islands than DL @ JFK or UA @ EWR.

B6 easily has more capacity to the Caribbean from NYC than either UA or DL. B6's affordable pricing and low-premium aircraft seem perfect for the huge VFR markets to Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, in particular. DL has grown a lot in the NYC-Caribbean market since 5 years ago, but they aren't close to threatening B6...
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

FSDan

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:02 pm

enilria wrote:
AA LAS-PHL FEB 3>2[3] MAR 4>2[3]

Yikes! AA's winter transcon presence from PHL is truly pathetic. On PHL-LAS there's a departure at 6:30pm and one at 9pm. No morning or midday flights. NK and WN must completely control the local market from PHL to Vegas.

Other AA PHL transcon markets in Feb/Mar:
SEA x1 daily
PDX x0 (summer only)
SFO x3 daily
SAN x2 daily
SLC x1 daily
DEN x2 daily

Only the LAX and PHX hubs have 6x daily each.

FSDan

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:16 pm

FSDan wrote:
enilria wrote:

On PHL-LAS there's a departure at 6:30pm and one at 9pm. No morning or midday flights. NK and WN must completely control the local market from PHL to Vegas.

I just double checked this, and NK and WN aren't even competitive in this market in the winter. WN has no flights and NK has 1x daily leaving PHL at 7:45pm. It's crazy to me that PHL-LAS has no nonstop flights before 6:30pm, and just 3 daily in total! US used to run 4-5x daily 757s on this route at one point.

Bigant0408

Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:24 pm

FSDan wrote:
FSDan wrote:
enilria wrote:

On PHL-LAS there's a departure at 6:30pm and one at 9pm. No morning or midday flights. NK and WN must completely control the local market from PHL to Vegas.

I just double checked this, and NK and WN aren't even competitive in this market in the winter. WN has no flights and NK has 1x daily leaving PHL at 7:45pm. It's crazy to me that PHL-LAS has no nonstop flights before 6:30pm, and just 3 daily in total! US used to run 4-5x daily 757s on this route at one point.

Agreed. WN looks like they turned the PHL-LAS route to seasonal. Yea overall it's crazy with the lack of LAS flights this winter season but I guess if not many people flying during that time from Philly then why add capacity. Hopefully they'll increase this during spring and summer months as usual.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

FlyingSicilian

Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:59 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
FSDan wrote:
FSDan wrote:

Agreed. WN looks like they turned the PHL-LAS route to seasonal. Yea overall it's crazy with the lack of LAS flights this winter season but I guess if not many people flying during that time from Philly then why add capacity. Hopefully they'll increase this during spring and summer months as usual.

I have not lived here in the Philly area that long but with local casinos and A.C. close why would demand be that strong? I get the whole shows and Vegas experience aspect but I would presume not much demand. What is the PDEW?

usairways85

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:26 pm

FlyingSicilian wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
FSDan wrote:

I have not lived here in the Philly area that long but with local casinos and A.C. close why would demand be that strong? I get the whole shows and Vegas experience aspect but I would presume not much demand. What is the PDEW?

Sorry but AC and LAS aren’t even close. The weather, the attractions, the shows, the restaurants ...totally different.

But I totally agree it’s crazy that AA completely slashes PHL transcons in the winter. And the JFK people claim PHL is getting everything...yea right. No morning flights to LAS, 3 to SFO...come on

I can pull the PDEW numbers later tonight

usairways85

Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 am

PDEW numbers. Only included the "off-season" numbers. There is no doubt there is seasonality in some of these markets. SEA numbers double into the summer months and SFO increases quite a bit as well. DEN and LAS do not show much seasonality.

PHL-SFO (area, so includes ONT and SJC)
Q1: 568
Q4: 750
Q1: 517
Q4: 774
Q1: 626

PHL-SEA
Q1: 205
Q4: 294
Q1: 217
Q4: 291
Q1: 211

PHL-LAS
Q1: 685
Q4: 642
Q1: 694
Q4: 606
Q1: 602

PHL-DEN
Q1: 550
Q4: 685
Q1: 624
Q4: 765
Q1: 642

FlyingSicilian

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:14 am

usairways85 wrote:
FlyingSicilian wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Sorry but AC and LAS aren’t even close. The weather, the attractions, the shows, the restaurants ...totally different.

ht

Yes, I have lived in Vegas for nearly 18 months and been to A.C, several times, I am aware which is why I listed my caveats...there are still Vegas-esq "escapes" closer than flying cross-country for many in the Delaware Valley it seems.

The greater metro area also has the EWR and BWI options, not to mention cheap Eastern Sun flights from Trenton and A.C.

tphuang

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:12 pm

FSDan wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if B6 had more capacity from NYC to the Islands than DL @ JFK or UA @ EWR.

B6 easily has more capacity to the Caribbean from NYC than either UA or DL. B6's affordable pricing and low-premium aircraft seem perfect for the huge VFR markets to Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, in particular. DL has grown a lot in the NYC-Caribbean market since 5 years ago, but they aren't close to threatening B6...

Actually, they have more capacity than DL and UA combined on the big VFR routes. During peak season next year.
B6 has 1 A321 + 7 A320s to SJU, DL has 3 739s? and UA has 1 767 + 1 738
B6 has 7 A321s! + 3 A320s to SDQ, DL has 3 739s and Ua has 2 738s.
B6 has 5 A321s + 5 A320s to STI, DL has 3 739s? and UA has 1 738

also interesting things of note based on B6's schedule extension is that they are up net 5 flights out of JFK/August even with the cuts to places like IAD/DAB. They must be getting really creative with some of these flight times. Otherwise, not sure where they are finding these slots.

evank516

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Alsatian wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
Also of note: DL appears to be adding ATL-BUR

ATL 850 - 1027 BUR D 73W

BUR 2145 - 528 ATL D 73W

WOW, this is news. Glad to see this one come back. Any PR for this?

iflykpdx

Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:34 pm

usairways85 wrote:
PDEW numbers. Only included the "off-season" numbers. There is no doubt there is seasonality in some of these markets. SEA numbers double into the summer months and SFO increases quite a bit as well. DEN and LAS do not show much seasonality.

You mean OAK?
Airport Management - UND

ckfred

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:03 pm

My understanding is that when AA built the additional gates at ORD on Concourse L, some of the RJ gates elsewhere would revert back to mainline. So, seeing some of the frequency reductions, you wonder how many routes are seeing straight reductions with no change in aircraft, and how many are seeing upgauge from the smaller Embrears to CRJ700s and Embrear 175s and how many are seeing some RJs swapped for mainline.

By the same token, on a route that is all mainline, could some of the frequency reductions mean 738s being swapped for A321s?

usairways85

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm

iflykpdx wrote:
usairways85 wrote:

You mean OAK?

Yes, sorry

FSDan

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:44 pm

usairways85 wrote:
PHL-LAS

Are the fares terrible? With 2x daily AA 321s + 1x daily NK 320, it doesn't even appear that the nonstop market is being fully served, never mind connections on AA from places like upstate NY, New England, and Europe...

FSDan

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:50 pm

ckfred wrote:
My understanding is that when AA built the additional gates at ORD on Concourse L, some of the RJ gates elsewhere would revert back to mainline. So, seeing some of the frequency reductions, you wonder how many routes are seeing straight reductions with no change in aircraft, and how many are seeing upgauge from the smaller Embrears to CRJ700s and Embrear 175s and how many are seeing some RJs swapped for mainline.

By the same token, on a route that is all mainline, could some of the frequency reductions mean 738s being swapped for A321s?

AA definitely has larger average aircraft gauge at ORD now compared to 5 years ago. More large RJs and more mainline. I remember a few years ago the west side of concourse H was mostly RJs, minus just the last few gates where the US airbuses parked. Nowadays H is almost entirely mainline, with just a few of the low gates being typically used for RJs.

phluser

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:24 pm

FSDan wrote:
usairways85 wrote:
PHL-LAS

Are the fares terrible? With 2x daily AA 321s + 1x daily NK 320, it doesn't even appear that the nonstop market is being fully served, never mind connections on AA from places like upstate NY, New England, and Europe...

If AA was getting lots of PHL passengers willing to buy F class, last minute fares, it would likely keep more nonstops out of PHL to LAS. AA can route passengers/connections through CLT, ORD and DFW which are closer to LAS and other passengers are taking connections on other airlines. And, WN who is big time in LAS doesn't seem all that keen on putting frequency and challenging AA in PHL on that route but at least it has kept PHL-PHX. I I've been on the NK flight on Labor Day this year and it was about half full, as AA had competitive fares, and Basic Economy, up until the last day.

From that Labor Day flight, it showed that AA can fare match, NK likely lost money on the flight not being able to fill it. It kind of explains why F9, the other big ULCC in PHL, hasn't added service either.

flyinggoat

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 pm

I’m surprised to see IAD-FAY dropped, and that seems like it would be a well traveled route with all the military in DC and Ft. Bragg. I wonder if this means UA will be pulling out of FAY?

DCA-FAY was briefly offered a few years ago (as was DFW-FAY) so it would be interesting to see if the DCA route returns.

Delta seems to have a strong foothold in Fayetteville, but it’s a bummer to see UA leave. FAY is undergoing a major remodel too, and one of the satellites is being completely rebuilt. Losing UA has got to be a blow for the airport.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos