User avatar
flybynight
Topic Author
Posts: 1486
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:58 pm

Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:13 pm

Seems like it was a long time ago that AS announced new menus and seats for first class. I don't think I've seen a plane with it yet, or heard of one with it. Are there some out there now?

Along those lines, weren't the F/A's (and maybe the pilots too?) getting new uniforms? I don't think I've seen those either.

The move to beef up first class is a smart move and one I believe was overdue.
Heia Norge!
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:21 pm

They announced it all on the early side for PR value. I believe the seats are coming soon and uniforms in 2019 from what I remember.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
User avatar
chunhimlai
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Will ot be a flat with bathroom and bath tank and king size bed and sofa with masssge chair?
 
User avatar
flybynight
Topic Author
Posts: 1486
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:27 pm

chunhimlai wrote:
Will ot be a flat with bathroom and bath tank and king size bed and sofa with masssge chair?


Yes, in Alaska's new fleet of A380's.
Heia Norge!
 
PlanesNTrains
Posts: 9527
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:19 pm

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:27 pm

chunhimlai wrote:
Will ot be a flat with bathroom and bath tank and king size bed and sofa with masssge chair?


Yes. “Way, Way North of Expected”.
-Dave


MAX’d out on MAX threads. If you are starting a thread, and it’s about the MAX - stop. There’s already a thread that covers it.
 
airlinereporter
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:34 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:53 pm

Refurb A320 starting Feb 1 2019, A319 & A321neo scheduled starting Oct 1 2019
 
FirstBizFlyer
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:37 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:04 pm

flybynight wrote:
Seems like it was a long time ago that AS announced new menus and seats for first class. I don't think I've seen a plane with it yet, or heard of one with it. Are there some out there now?

Along those lines, weren't the F/A's (and maybe the pilots too?) getting new uniforms? I don't think I've seen those either.

The move to beef up first class is a smart move and one I believe was overdue.



The first plane with the new interior - a 737-700 - is already back in service. Other planes are starting to get the mods. The new F menus are already out and have been for a few months. The second round of uniform wear-testing is taking place. Final uniforms will be out in late 2019.
 
gmcc
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:07 pm

2 737-700's, N611AS and N619AS, have been outfitted with the new interiors. They mostly have been up in Alaska since the refurbishment. N628VA is currently at GSO for the refresh. I would expect it to break cover sometime around the investor day in New York on 11/27. The frame will probably make a stop at VCV for paint before since it is currently in VX colors. According to the weebly site, two more 700's, N607AS and N618AS and one more 320 N621VX are currently in GSO getting the new cabins.
 
User avatar
flybynight
Topic Author
Posts: 1486
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:58 pm

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:38 pm

gmcc wrote:
2 737-700's, N611AS and N619AS, have been outfitted with the new interiors. They mostly have been up in Alaska since the refurbishment. N628VA is currently at GSO for the refresh. I would expect it to break cover sometime around the investor day in New York on 11/27. The frame will probably make a stop at VCV for paint before since it is currently in VX colors. According to the weebly site, two more 700's, N607AS and N618AS and one more 320 N621VX are currently in GSO getting the new cabins.


Interesting that some of the oldest planes in the fleet get the upgrade first. But then again, they are the oldest and might have needed the refresh the most. Aren't the 700's used mostly in Alaska to begin with?
Heia Norge!
 
gmcc
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:54 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 pm

flybynight wrote:
gmcc wrote:
2 737-700's, N611AS and N619AS, have been outfitted with the new interiors. They mostly have been up in Alaska since the refurbishment. N628VA is currently at GSO for the refresh. I would expect it to break cover sometime around the investor day in New York on 11/27. The frame will probably make a stop at VCV for paint before since it is currently in VX colors. According to the weebly site, two more 700's, N607AS and N618AS and one more 320 N621VX are currently in GSO getting the new cabins.


Interesting that some of the oldest planes in the fleet get the upgrade first. But then again, they are the oldest and might have needed the refresh the most. Aren't the 700's used mostly in Alaska to begin with?



They are some of the oldest and for a while it appeared they were on their way out at AS so they did not get the upgrade that introduced premium class and seat power. They needed the update the most to get a more consistent product feel for AS.
 
AA737-823
Posts: 5448
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 11:10 am

Re: Aren't AS' new first class due soon?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:43 pm

flybynight wrote:
Interesting that some of the oldest planes in the fleet get the upgrade first. But then again, they are the oldest and might have needed the refresh the most. Aren't the 700's used mostly in Alaska to begin with?


I can confirm that the -700's DESPERATELY need a new cabin. (caveat: new slimline seats are NEVER as comfortable as the seats with actual padding that they replace. I'm aware.)
And AS also uses them on their longhaul Boeing shuttle from SEA to CHS sometimes.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos