Re: Drunk Irish woman abuses, spits at Air India crew

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 am

Title is still factually wrong I see
COYBIB

FlyHappy

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:20 am

maint123 wrote:
Bet she gets off scott free and air India is vilified.
Remember the recent case of the cricketer Ben Stokes who knocked two guys out and broke a guys eye socket after heavy drinking and got off Scott free.
His partner in crime , who was caught on camera kicking people on the floor in the head, was not even charged.
British justice.

Modern British Justice has been served.
Good on them!

ChrisKen

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:53 am

PS: Irish after all. Don't guess nationality based on accents.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.3817560

ChrisKen

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:55 am

eicvd wrote:

No it's not, she's Irish. Simone O’Broin aka Simone Burns. Cited as an Irish national in court.

ChrisKen

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am

maint123 wrote:
Remember the recent case of the cricketer Ben Stokes who knocked two guys out and broke a guys eye socket after heavy drinking and got off Scott free.
His partner in crime , who was caught on camera kicking people on the floor in the head, was not even charged.
British justice.

Both were charged and both were cleared by jury. No body was kicked while on the floor.

StormRider

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:33 pm

eicvd wrote:

well if you want to be a pedant, just adding Northern before Irish should also work
https://www.irishcentral.com/news/belfa ... -air-india

Vasu

Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:21 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Another career down the toilet.

What a waste.

Doesn’t look like much of a waste... look at her!

What a horrible lady. They say alcohol lets out the “real you”...

royalswazi

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:07 pm

Trash

XAM2175

Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:50 pm

dangerhere wrote:
miguel0881 wrote:
Actually, I don't think anything I said is factually inaccurate. In fact, Ireland is giving out passports to individuals whose only ties are to the North (which, whether we like it or not, is not an internationally recognized part of the Republic of Ireland), and I was speculating that this lady could have obtained her passport in that way. I can't think of another sovereign country that issues passports to those whose only ties are to another sovereign nation

Of course Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom legally but under the terms of the Belfast Agreement 1998 (lodged with the UN), everyone born on the island of Ireland with an parent born there too has the automatic right to be an Irish citizen.

It's worth noting as well that current Irish law provides a number of avenues by which people may claim Irish citizenship beyond direct connection - going as far as permitting claims of citizenship by people born outside Ireland who have one Irish-citizen grandparent born in Ireland.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/m ... scent.html

While this is indeed quite generous compared to many other nations, it's been this way for many years now and is very different to the "Brexit's coming, have a passport!" system hypothesised in some posts here.

By similar measures the UK also offers certain concessions and easements to its immigration and nationality rules, such as additional avenues for Commonwealth citizens to claim UK citizenship by descent, and special work visas and accelerated naturalisation for foreign-born grandchildren of British citizens. In fact, Irish and Commonwealth citizens resident in the UK regardless of reason or descent have full suffrage equal to that of British citizens.

maint123

Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:21 am

ChrisKen wrote:
maint123 wrote:
British justice.

Both were charged and both were cleared by jury. No body was kicked while on the floor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegr ... rence/amp/

British justice. Not even charged.
Something like the queen's idiot husband who broke a woman's arm in a accident and was not even charged.
Its fascinating for us from democratic countries how the class system effects justice in UK.

GDB

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:39 am

maint123, this thread is about the following;
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... -1.3850008

Your assumptions that justice could not be done, you think you live in a democratic nations and another nation isn't (though it IS), and others further up who contested her origins, based on little information and their own assumptions have been proved wrong, she is from N.I. though is also known by the Irish spelling of her name, which suggests she identifies as Irish.
The jail sentence shows she has been punished.

One thing this thread HAS done is show who are the trolls/clowns on here.
I read about this case, it was well covered in the UK media, you might be shocked to know that I did not think 'typical Irish', more like another one who overdid it on an aircraft, behaved terribly and is now not only facing jail but has wrecked their reputation and career. There have been plenty others after all, from plenty of other nations too. Want to do a search of some and project your ignorance on to them too?
Best not eh? Already proved wrong about the Stokes case, (I was surprised too by that but I was not on the Jury).

Using adult reasoning I also managed not to make assumptions based on the legal work she did.
Many of the contributions to this thread on the other hand.....this place really has gone downhill.

enzo011

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:36 am

She is probably Irish through the Good Friday Agreement and being born in Belfast. I cannot find any information that she has spent any significant time in Ireland itself though, seems and sounds like she is British but is travelling and identifies as Irish.

SheikhDjibouti

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 am

maint123 wrote:
Something like the queen's idiot husband who broke a woman's arm in a accident and was not even charged.
Its fascinating for us from democratic countries how the class system effects justice in UK.

What is fascinating is to see your prejudice.

The normal procedure in the UK would be to charge the Queen's idiot husband with various driving offences which would result in endorsements on his driving licence, allowing him to continue to drive unless he also had previous endorsements that totalled up beyond a defined limit.
He would also have had to pay a reasonable fine, based on a standard tariff that is the same for rich or poor. I doubt this would have bankrupted him.
And his insurance company would pay a much larger amount in damages to the woman involved.

Instead of all this, he voluntarily gave up driving.
Hence there is no driving license to endorse. :o
The insurance payout happened regardless
The media still had their story, and nobody tried to hide the facts.
And the Duke dodged a court appearance and a $500 fine. Big deal! :roll:

What's your point, because to me that seems like justice was served.

If you have this crazy idea in you head that this only happens to rich and titled people; that's just in your head.

You wouldn't have seen this in any newspaper headlines, but when my daughter was hit by a 30-tonne truck, breaking her leg, it was 100% the drivers fault, confirmed by the police, admitted by the driver, paid by the driver's insurance company.

After the dust had settled, my daughter was asked how she wanted to proceed, and at the recommendation of the police she agreed to the driver being let off with a caution, and a short mandatory training course in safer driving. Today he is back driving trucks as before. And my daughter has a titanium implant in her leg, a nice nest egg in the bank (~$12,000) and twinges of pain once a fortnight.

The truck driver wasn't a Duke, and neither did he have a rich daddy or an influential employer to pull strings. He was just an ordinary guy with a family to support. As far as we are all concerned, justice was served.

True story.
Nothing to see here; move along please.

OA260

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:50 pm

enzo011 wrote:
She is probably Irish through the Good Friday Agreement

Just to point out which many fail to understand. The Good Friday Agreement has little to do with being Irish or a claim to it. The Irish constitution '' Bunreacht na hÉireann '' under which articles 2 and 3 stated that ''The whole island of Ireland, its islands and the territorial seas'' were one nation and implied the 6 counties of NI were occupied by British forces. Also article 3 stated the Irish state had a right to exercise sole juristiction over the whole Island. This dates back to 1937 and only in 1998 under the Good Friday Agreement was this updated as part of the negotiations as a gesture to the Unionists. Anyone born on the Island of Ireland have always been entitled to an Irish passport or if they had a parent or grand parent born anywhere on the Island. ( Again updated 2004/2005 )Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 2004 changed this a bit to account for changes to migration into the country of people from non Irish back grounds .The Good Friday Agreement just reinforced the fact that anyone born in NI has the right to determine if they are British or Irish or indeed both. ( Many hold both passports ) and this is their right.

kiowa

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:48 pm

eicvd wrote:
EK770 wrote:
Please change title... she may be an INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL LAWYER (or whatever?!) but she is most certainly NOT Irish.

Exactly, title should be changed.

Irish woman. racial and sexual. should just be "person of non-disclosed race or sexual identity"

JannEejit

Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:57 pm

I've concluded that whatever nationality this woman was, she's most likely to be a complete 'Eire-Soul'.... ;)
Last edited by JannEejit on Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bennett123

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Kiowa

Not clear why you feel that her nationality, gender and presumably name should be withheld.

kiowa

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

bennett123 wrote:
Kiowa

Not clear why you feel that her nationality, gender and presumably name should be withheld.

Sorry, the sarcasm did not come through. In the US everything is viewed as racist or sexist if you identify someone. Drunken Irishman is a stereotype like any other and equally offensive to some people.

bennett123

Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Sorry.

I took you literally.

ChrisKen

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 pm

maint123 wrote:

Once again, both charged and cleared by jury. As stated in the link you yourself gave.
You cannot face a trial jury without being charged.

British justice is strangely based on the laws of the land rather than trial by media or gormless keyboard warriors.

cranberrysaus

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos