InnsbruckFlyer
Topic Author

UA21 Today (11/24)

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:29 am

UA21 (AMS - IAH), a Boeing 777 (N69020), has squaked 7700, and is at FL250, turning toward Newcastle. Any know what’s up?
--
2019: A3 2x A320 | CL E195 | FB A319, E190 | LH A320, A321, A346, A359 | OS A320, B772, 3x DH8Q | UA A319

DXTraveler

Re: UA21 Today (11/24)

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:43 am

FWIW...UA app shows it diverting to EDI. Departing 40 mintes later to IAH.

Armodeen

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:55 am

I assume a medical. It was heading south east so I was hoping for it to drop in to MAN but alas circled away to EDI

jayunited

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:15 pm

InnsbruckFlyer wrote:
UA21 (AMS - IAH), a Boeing 777 (N69020), has squaked 7700, and is at FL250, turning toward Newcastle. Any know what’s up?

Two FA's were injured, could not continue their duties. Their injuries were sever enough they needed to be transported to the hospital. The flight left AMS with 11 FA's it left EDI with 9. I'm going to assume this situation is turbulence related the final report has not yet been issued, but from what I'm seeing the aircraft left AMS full with 266 passengers onboard it also left EDI with the same passenger count of 266. If this is turbulence related it would seem at though no passengers were injured which is good news however for the passengers but no so good for the FA's who were up doing their job.

Amwest2United

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:56 pm

jayunited wrote:
InnsbruckFlyer wrote:

Two FA's were injured, could not continue their duties. Their injuries were sever enough they needed to be transported to the hospital. The flight left AMS with 11 FA's it left EDI with 9. I'm going to assume this situation is turbulence related the final report has not yet been issued, but from what I'm seeing the aircraft left AMS full with 266 passengers onboard it also left EDI with the same passenger count of 266. If this is turbulence related it would seem at though no passengers were injured which is good news however for the passengers but no so good for the FA's who were up doing their job.

No injuries, FA needed medical attention, not feeling well, after consultation with Medlink, the decision was made to divert and 1 FA stayed with them in EDI. How did we jump to Turbulence and injuries?
Life is what happens to you while you making plans to live it!

jayunited

Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:18 pm

Amwest2United wrote:
jayunited wrote:
InnsbruckFlyer wrote:

No injuries, FA needed medical attention, not feeling well, after consultation with Medlink, the decision was made to divert and 1 FA stayed with them in EDI. How did we jump to Turbulence and injuries?

The initial (internal) diversion code used is for crew injury not for crew illness normally the crew injury code is associated with turbulence not illness it also stated 2 crew members disembarked the aircraft. Which is why I stated the final report had not been issued, it is also why I stated if this is turbulence related. Perhaps I should have waited for the final diversion report or tried to ascertain more information before I posted here but I posted the information I had at the time however looking at the report again I see the diversion code has been changed to reflect crew illness not a crew injury.

crescent

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:38 pm

The fr24 data shows it dropped from flight level 340 to 300 shortly before changing direction and heading for EDI, so that sort of supports a turbulence event.

flyguy84

Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:47 am

jayunited wrote:
Amwest2United wrote:
jayunited wrote:

The initial (internal) diversion code used is for crew injury not for crew illness normally the crew injury code is associated with turbulence not illness it also stated 2 crew members disembarked the aircraft. Which is why I stated the final report had not been issued, it is also why I stated if this is turbulence related. Perhaps I should have waited for the final diversion report or tried to ascertain more information before I posted here but I posted the information I had at the time however looking at the report again I see the diversion code has been changed to reflect crew illness not a crew injury.

Probably shouldn’t be posting internal company information regardless if its accurate or not...
SFO

jayunited

Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:08 pm

flyguy84 wrote:
jayunited wrote:
Amwest2United wrote:

Probably shouldn’t be posting internal company information regardless if its accurate or not...

There is certain internal information that can't be posted it is strictly confidential I don't post that information. However a flight diverting is not confidential or proprietary information nothing wrong with posting updates here. Any United employee can't look up the diversion and delay reports for all UAL and UAX flights its all on Flying Together. Working at the NOC I'm able to access instant updates to this information which is how I was able to see the preliminary report which showed a diversion for crew injury. The final report corrected this to reflect crew illness and it is the final report that is available on Flying Together for all to see and it is not confidential information.

mcdu

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:28 pm

jayunited wrote:
flyguy84 wrote:
jayunited wrote:

There is certain internal information that can't be posted it is strictly confidential I don't post that information. However a flight diverting is not confidential or proprietary information nothing wrong with posting updates here. Any United employee can't look up the diversion and delay reports for all UAL and UAX flights its all on Flying Together. Working at the NOC I'm able to access instant updates to this information which is how I was able to see the preliminary report which showed a diversion for crew injury. The final report corrected this to reflect crew illness and it is the final report that is available on Flying Together for all to see and it is not confidential information.

While it’s for all to see on FT that’s an internal company site. I would not recommend putting any of that info on the Internet. If United wants to make a statement on the reason for the divert let them do that via the PR group.

You started with bad info and that’s not good. You had to walk that back and give the proper reason. However you still have posters saying it was turbulence because they saw a descent from 340 to 300 when that was just to get them moved by ATC. Not every question on the Internet deserves an answer.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos