Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

720B
Topic Author

Avianca to Montreal from Bogota?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 pm

On today's Aerocivil's (colombia's FAA) public audience, Avianca is requesting approval for non-stop Bogota - Montreal flights starting next year (see elinks below, could not find a link in English)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cDR89A7ufD37Y16n9

https://www.torreeldorado.com/nuevo-vue ... l-avianca/

will see how it goes, Air Canada Rouge will start daily flights on the Toronto - Bogota segment pretty soon. According to Aerocivil own statistics (see link below, Air canada's : load factorso far this year is above 80 %)

http://www.aerocivil.gov.co/atencion/es ... on=default

master14225

Re: Avianca to Montreal from Bogota?

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:22 pm

They should also do a YYZ route cause AC Route sucks.

OGLOBAL

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:15 pm

AV should switch to YYZ and Rouge to YUL

master14225

Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:26 pm

I agree, YYZ can give those in Bogota flights to Asia. I wouldn't be surprised if AV started a route to YVR for flights to Asia, that's the goal of YVR, connecting Asia with South America.

OGLOBAL wrote:

westaust

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:01 pm

A flight to YUL will give access to some cities in asia as well,as there are flights year round from YUL with AC (PVG, NRT) and CA (PEK)

All it will need is a good schedule to allow connections

flyyul

Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:16 pm

The quality of exchanges on a.net has really deteriorated in recent years.
One suggests that Avianca - a non JV partner of Air Canada, feed Air Canada's long-haul flights out of Vancouver for the benefit of the YVR hub (with a widebody no less), the other says Air Canada Rouge is of poor quality and therefore Avianca should fly to YYZ, and one suggesting that Air Canada Rouge/Avianca embark in anti-competitive behavior and switch routes with the lack of antitrust immunity.

DominoxX

Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:17 pm

flyyul wrote:
One suggests that Avianca - a non JV partner of Air Canada, feed Air Canada's long-haul flights out of Vancouver for the benefit of the YVR hub (with a widebody no less), the other says Air Canada Rouge is of poor quality and therefore Avianca should fly to YYZ, and one suggesting that Air Canada Rouge/Avianca embark in anti-competitive behavior and switch routes with the lack of antitrust immunity.

and you are not lying
Thank u, next.

Skywatcher

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:22 am

Lots of Latin Americans in YUL-my backyard neighbour is from Bogota. Avianca could funnel from YUL to Chile/Ecuador/Peru/Brazil/Argentina. I suspect this would compete with AA via MIA and COPA via Panama City. It could negatively impact the new Rouge YUL-LIM flight as well.
I agree-those initial comments were particularly strange.

FLYKTPA

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:25 am

So what’s next in the US for AV? BOG-TPA/MSY? Now that it seems YUL is getting service, TPA is the largest unserved market by Colombian demand without BOG service that can be reached with AVs 319/320s.
Huge fan of Tampa International Airport

pipeafcr

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:39 am

flyyul wrote:
the other says Air Canada Rouge is of poor quality and therefore Avianca should fly to YYZ

Whoever said that is not wrong though. There's absolutely no doubt that AV offers a more premium service than Rouge, and I personally know quite a good amount of people who have opted to connect in Salvador with AV rather than fly directly with Rouge. This has of course negatively affected the Colombia-Canada market and one can only hope that AV considers adding a YYZ from their main hub to compliment their operations in Canada.
Felipe Carrillo

pipeafcr

Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:44 am

FLYKTPA wrote:
So what’s next in the US for AV? BOG-TPA/MSY? Now that it seems YUL is getting service, TPA is the largest unserved market by Colombian demand without BOG service that can be reached with AVs 319/320s.

I don't see AV doing TPA anytime soon, however we have heard of SFO and LAS as the next contenders. AV has also previously stated an interest in flying to ATL however it seems like those plans have been shelved.
Felipe Carrillo

nomorerjs

Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:54 am

Shocked that we haven’t heard from our friend with auto traffic making this a slam dunk to his home airport.

OGLOBAL

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:33 am

flyyul wrote:

AV is full service airline. Rouge is low cost. i much rather connect than fly Rouge to BOG.
YYZ is a bigger hub than YUL . hence more connections to Asia will be available . Both AC and AV are on star alliance.
this isn't a YYZ VS YUL don't get too sensitive about it.

i do agree YVR could be a stretch given that it will require a wide body.

upperdeckfan

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:03 am

master14225 wrote:
I agree, YYZ can give those in Bogota flights to Asia. I wouldn't be surprised if AV started a route to YVR for flights to Asia, that's the goal of YVR, connecting Asia with South America.

OGLOBAL wrote:

BOG-Asia have multiple one stop options through Europe if one want to avoid the hassle of connecting though the US.

Skywatcher wrote:
Lots of Latin Americans in YUL-my backyard neighbour is from Bogota. Avianca could funnel from YUL to Chile/Ecuador/Peru/Brazil/Argentina. I suspect this would compete with AA via MIA and COPA via Panama City. It could negatively impact the new Rouge YUL-LIM flight as well.
I agree-those initial comments were particularly strange.

Good point, any AV Canada route should focus on O/D on the BOG side and connecting pax to deeper SouthAm.
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

longhauler

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:
AV is full service airline. Rouge is low cost. i much rather connect than fly Rouge to BOG.
YYZ is a bigger hub than YUL . hence more connections to Asia will be available . Both AC and AV are on star alliance.

Rouge meets the competition. With load factors in the 90s and 80% repeat rate, clearly it is satisfying the demands of passengers.

With 280 seat 767s flying to YYZ from BOG (and LIM too), it would appear most would rather the non-stop than connect.

Rouge international wide body operations are not all that different from mainline. Hot meals are complimentary as are all non alcoholic beverages. IFE is complimentary as well, but unlike mainline it is on your device instead of the seat back screen. Power sources are at all seats. Premium Rouge is identical to transcon domestic business class.

Speaking of Premium Rouge, it is sold as Premium Economy when connecting in YYZ. So if flying BOG-YYZ-LHR (for example) it is under a Premium Economy fare with lounge access during the transfer. That is a huge selling point.

AV is a fine airline. In fact, I find all Latin American carriers offer an excellent inflight product. But ... would fare rule on a South American flight, as it does everywhere else? The economies of a 280 seat 767 are astounding and the low fare opportunities might be keeping AV away.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

Noise

Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:49 pm

flyyul wrote:

Kinda makes me want to check out the competing site. What's everyone else's experience with A.net's competitor?

Chris

OGLOBAL

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:06 pm

longhauler wrote:
OGLOBAL wrote:

Rouge meets the competition. With load factors in the 90s and 80% repeat rate, clearly it is satisfying the demands of passengers.

With 280 seat 767s flying to YYZ from BOG (and LIM too), it would appear most would rather the non-stop than connect.

Rouge international wide body operations are not all that different from mainline. Hot meals are complimentary as are all non alcoholic beverages. IFE is complimentary as well, but unlike mainline it is on your device instead of the seat back screen. Power sources are at all seats. Premium Rouge is identical to transcon domestic business class.

Speaking of Premium Rouge, it is sold as Premium Economy when connecting in YYZ. So if flying BOG-YYZ-LHR (for example) it is under a Premium Economy fare with lounge access during the transfer. That is a huge selling point.

AV is a fine airline. In fact, I find all Latin American carriers offer an excellent inflight product. But ... would fare rule on a South American flight, as it does everywhere else? The economies of a 280 seat 767 are astounding and the low fare opportunities might be keeping AV away.

I haven't flown with Rouge 767 to be honest . I did fly with AC mainline 767 from YYZ to BOG and they were comfortable specially with the seating configuration . my only issue with rouge is having to pay for full service fare with low cost service . i wasn't aware of the complimentary meal i figure its to compete with air transat.

my comment in regards to AV flying to YYZ instead of AC was for connections toward Asia. It's not easy to fly from Colombia to Asia . via Europe it takes too long via the US it's not an option for me i avoid the US.

Also in regards to other comments from other member honestly it's like we no longer can comment because older users will start complaining and nagging how stupid newish users are . i dont even post that much for that specific reason .

Thenoflyzone

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:49 pm

flyyul wrote:

Go easy on'em fly... ;)

OGLOBAL wrote:

AC is not in the business of ceding profitable routes to its competition. If AV so wishes, they can also start BOG-YYZ. However the reason AV has chosen BOG-YUL is because the latter route is unserved, and thus will command higher yields than competing with AC in YYZ.

If AC and AV were in a joint venture, then what you are proposing might make sense, but until that happens, it's a pretty ridiculous notion. (hence the reply from flyyul)
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

Thenoflyzone

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:59 pm

master14225 wrote:

The main objective of this flight is to serve the growing O&D between YUL and Latin America, not South America-Asia.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!

upperdeckfan

Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm

OGLOBAL wrote:

my comment in regards to AV flying to YYZ instead of AC was for connections toward Asia. It's not easy to fly from Colombia to Asia . via Europe it takes too long via the US it's not an option for me i avoid the US.

Distance wise it is longer through Europe but with all the options you have (FRA, MUC, MAD, CDG, LHR) it's easy to find a 3-hr or shorter connection that compensates the longer distance
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos