AirbusOnly
Topic Author
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 am

LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 am

Maybe interesting for some SAN spotter: LH 466 today is operated with an AIRBUS A 340-600 D-AIHL - afaik the first time with this Beauty... ;-)
It is also listed to fly on 4. December.

https://www.flightradar24.com/DLH5Y/1eb51b97
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:24 pm

There is a discussion going on about this in the San Diego thread already:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382837

There are actually two special flights today, that being one of them, but also a special Air France scheduled-charter 777-300 on its way too! Watch that San Diego thread, because I'll be posting video of the arrivals!
 
User avatar
tjwgrr
Posts: 2427
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2000 4:09 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:24 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
There is a discussion going on about this in the San Diego thread already:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382837

There are actually two special flights today, that being one of them, but also a special Air France scheduled-charter 777-300 on its way too! Watch that San Diego thread, because I'll be posting video of the arrivals!


528 posts in the San Diego thread, albeit not quite as many as the 2225 posts in the Detroit thread. We can't fault AirbusOnly for posting a new topic for a unique visitor.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
There is a discussion going on about this in the San Diego thread already:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1382837

There are actually two special flights today, that being one of them, but also a special Air France scheduled-charter 777-300 on its way too! Watch that San Diego thread, because I'll be posting video of the arrivals!


528 posts in the San Diego thread, albeit not quite as many as the 2225 posts in the Detroit thread. We can't fault AirbusOnly for posting a new topic for a unique visitor.


Understood, and unlike the multitudes of who would scream, "do a search before you waste my precious time!", I wanted to direct our reader to where there is a plethora of information. I will, however, be sure to choose my words a bit more carefully, lest anyone construe any mal-intent in my comment. None was intended.

Video coming very soon!!
 
User avatar
FA9295
Posts: 1770
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm

Heh, apparently it's diverting to LAS right now!: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH ... /EDDF/KLAS
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm

FA9295 wrote:
Heh, apparently it's diverting to LAS right now!: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH ... /EDDF/KLAS


I'm watching it now too. That's going to throw FIC into a tizzy if the AF 777, the BA 744, and the eventually-we'll-get-there LH A346 overlap! Just from Europe that's three BIG widebodies today...
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4678
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
Heh, apparently it's diverting to LAS right now!: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH ... /EDDF/KLAS


I'm watching it now too. That's going to throw FIC into a tizzy if the AF 777, the BA 744, and the eventually-we'll-get-there LH A346 overlap! Just from Europe that's three BIG widebodies today...

AF 777? To SAN?
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
SANMAN66
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:21 pm

There are weather delays in SAN and LAS, apparently the Lufthansa A346 is still scheduled to arrive here, I don't know about the AF 773, it may be delayed too.
PSA Gives you a lift!
 
User avatar
GlobalAirways
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm

Looks like LH and AF are going to land within 10 minutes of one another? I hope someone gets footage!
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. ~ W. Clement Stone
 
amadorE175
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 pm

OA412 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
FA9295 wrote:
Heh, apparently it's diverting to LAS right now!: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DLH ... /EDDF/KLAS


I'm watching it now too. That's going to throw FIC into a tizzy if the AF 777, the BA 744, and the eventually-we'll-get-there LH A346 overlap! Just from Europe that's three BIG widebodies today...

AF 777? To SAN?


Yes, AF has a scheduled flight in for one day only. 4 class 77W. The outbound flight back to CDG is on sale for Dec. 4.
 
Adipocere
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:35 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:09 pm

GlobalAirways wrote:
Looks like LH and AF are going to land within 10 minutes of one another? I hope someone gets footage!


God help the lines at SAN immigration..
 
L0VE2FLY
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Why is LH sending the A346 the same days AF is flying to/out of SAN? I read on the first thread about AF in SAN that they were flying due to a pharmaceutical conference, is it the same reason for LH?

GlobalAirways wrote:
Looks like LH and AF are going to land within 10 minutes of one another? I hope someone gets footage!


Ditto, unfortunately it's not your typical sunny SoCal weather today in San Diego. Anyone knows why LH diverted to LAS?
 
B747forever
Posts: 13788
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 9:50 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:27 pm

The LH A346 is about to land now, with the AF 77W following behind in about 5 minutes.
Work Hard, Fly Right
 
SANMAN66
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 pm

L0VE2FLY wrote:
. Anyone knows why LH diverted to LAS?


It's looking as if it diverted because of the weather. The Bay area was having some weather delays too SFO and SJC was having some delays too. That same storm front is probably causing problems down here too.
PSA Gives you a lift!
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:19 am

So, update from San Diego: both planes arrived just fine, within 10 minutes of each other. One United flight from IAH squeezed in between, but I got video of both planes from the Cabrillo Bridge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beK48zKjFXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomZu1_NqQM

Please be merciful on my amateur video.
 
CrawleyBen
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:22 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:32 am

Nothing wrong with either video bud if you ask me :)

Thanks for sharing the clips.

Ben
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 850
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:37 am

CrawleyBen wrote:
Nothing wrong with either video bud if you ask me :)

Thanks for sharing the clips.

Ben


Pleasure was all mine. This is a magnificent city I've been fortunate enough to call home for nearly twenty years - and I am ecstatic to see the levels of new service coming our way. I will always do everything in my power to capture video of major milestones in our airport's history. We are getting nicely globalized down here in our little city-state!
 
User avatar
jaybird
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:23 am

Re: LH 466 FRA - SAN today with A 340-600

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:38 am

Yeah - great vids - thanks! :-)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos