Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

blacksoviet

Re: Turkish Aviation December 2018

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:07 am

When will the 748s enter the fleet of Turkish Airlines?

THY748i

Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:20 am

blacksoviet wrote:
When will the 748s enter the fleet of Turkish Airlines?

Unfortunately never, since they don‘t have any on order. There was some speculations that they might order some early in 2017.
I think that ship has long sailed unless Boeing literally throws them at TK.

HeyTK

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:57 pm

How many Max 8s will be delivered in 2019?

unrave

Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:48 pm

Turkish Airlines has signed codeshare agreement with Indian LCC IndiGo Airlines
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:38 pm

HeyTK wrote:
How many Max 8s will be delivered in 2019?

19 x MAX8s
5 x MAX9s

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm

this video of mini TK A330 landing at mini Hamburg is awesome:
https://www.facebook.com/turkishairline ... live_video

aldrigsomandre

Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:52 pm

unrave wrote:

Adding to this, judging by the official statements from both CEO's, IndiGo will still start services to Istanbul and they are not nixed as per previous reports.

Blerg

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:48 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
unrave wrote:

Adding to this, judging by the official statements from both CEO's, IndiGo will still start services to Istanbul and they are not nixed as per previous reports.

Do we know the launch date of these flights? I am certain they will be at least daily.

ist2014

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:30 am

I saw an announcement from Turkish civil aviation about new bileterals, can somebody inform us about details

aldrigsomandre

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 am

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
unrave wrote:

Do we know the launch date of these flights? I am certain they will be at least daily.

Not yet, but I have a feeling that they'll start around April.

Blerg

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:52 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

Thank you.

This is an interesting development as it will finally make Istanbul and TK more competitive on the Indian market. With so many planes arriving, I wouldn't be surprised if IndiGo adds more flights especially from secondary cities in India.

aldrigsomandre

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:54 pm

Blerg wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Thank you.

This is an interesting development as it will finally make Istanbul and TK more competitive on the Indian market. With so many planes arriving, I wouldn't be surprised if IndiGo adds more flights especially from secondary cities in India.

In reality, TK desperately needs Indian airlines to fly to IST because right now, they cannot argue for additional frequencies to India.

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:08 pm

airporthaber.com posted some pictures of the new airports TK domestic lounge:
http://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberle ... hazir.html
very similar to the setup at the current IST. I think this is done fast, just to get it done....otherwise it is, mediocre.
It is still nice to be airside and the ceilings are much higher than the current lounge.

AirbusA343

Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:37 pm

TC-LSC, TK's next A321neo has entered service. TC-LCG, TK's next 737 MAX 8 has been delivered but it hasn't entered service yet.

mafaky

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:17 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
TC-LSC, TK's next A321neo has entered service. TC-LCG, TK's next 737 MAX 8 has been delivered but it hasn't entered service yet.

With great luck, I was on TK-LSC's second flight on ADA-IST route on 25.12.2019, early morning hours. It arrived from IST (as its very first flight) and carried us back to IST. When I entered the cabin, it was smelling "factory fresh", something when you experience when you enter a brand new car. :!: :D
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

debonair

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:36 am

TK787 wrote:
this video of mini TK A330 landing at mini Hamburg is awesome:
https://www.facebook.com/turkishairline ... live_video

TK announced to start regular A330 service 6/7 to HAM, not only for the summer high season. Any idea which flight will be upgraded and from when? So far I can find only A321s in the system...

gokmengs

Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:20 am

TK787 wrote:
airporthaber.com posted some pictures of the new airports TK domestic lounge:
http://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberle ... hazir.html
very similar to the setup at the current IST. I think this is done fast, just to get it done....otherwise it is, mediocre.
It is still nice to be airside and the ceilings are much higher than the current lounge.

Would have expected a different look, different concept. I'm almost certain if the airport opened up say a year later and complete with full ops we would have had a different lounge.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

AirbusA343

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:29 am

mafaky wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:

With great luck, I was on TK-LSC's second flight on ADA-IST route on 25.12.2019, early morning hours. It arrived from IST (as its very first flight) and carried us back to IST. When I entered the cabin, it was smelling "factory fresh", something when you experience when you enter a brand new car. :!: :D

Lucky catch! I've never smelled a factory fresh plane before, the newest aircraft I've been on is TC-JTK, which was over a year old when I got it.

mafaky

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:06 am

According to a forum post at wowturkey.com (a Turkish Forum); a member there has shared the destinations that would start next year (early months) before the grand movement and re-location at the (New) Istanbul Airport.

However, there is no solid information about the dates that these routes would start/increase frequency and there is no information about the aircraft types of these flights.

New flights that would start in the next month(s), presumably during Jan. 2019 and onwards:

Beirut ( BEY ) - Daily 1 flight
Tehran ( IKA ) - Daily 1 flight
Kuwait ( KWI ) - Daily 1 flight
Ashgabat ( ASB ) - Weekly 4 flights
Moscow Vnukovo ( VKO ) - Daily 1 flight
Paris Charles de Gaulle ( CDG ) - Daily 1 flight
Munich ( MUC ) - Daily 1 flight
Frankfurt ( FRA ) - Daily 1 flight
London Gatwick ( LGW ) - Daily 1 flight
Tbilisi ( TBS ) - Daily 1 flight
Diyarbakır ( DIY ) - Daily 1 flight
Hatay Antakya ( HTY ) - Daily 1 flight
Kayseri ( ASR ) - Daily 1 flight

Existing routes which would have additional flights.

Ankara ( ESB ) - Increase from 1 daily flight to 2 daily flights

These flights would continue to operate without any changes

Baku ( GYD ) - Daily 1 flight
Ercan ( ECN ) - Daily 1 flight
Antalya ( AYT ) - Daily 1 flight
Trabzon ( TZX ) - Daily 1 flight
İzmir ( ADB ) - Daily 1 flight
Gaziantep ( GZT ) - Daily 1 flight
Adana ( ADA ) - Daily 1 flight

Flights in bold are International Routes.

1) LGW service is planned by TK, but not confirmed as there still are discussions with the Brits' side.
2) It is very likely that the rest of the news are genuine. I know the poster in that Turkish Forum. He is an employee of HEAS (the operators of Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen AP/SAW) and should be in the position to grab this kind of yet insider info.
3) However, it will be unrealistic to expect all the above new flights commence on the same date. There should be a transition period for all of them to become active.
4) All these destinations are reachable by TK's narrow body fleet; so I don't expect any wide bodies will still be used.
5) The question mark is: will TK start basing a few planes at ISL during the evening hours (non-operational hours), once these expanded flights commence? (Note: Currently TK is utilising only 3 738s and 1or 2 320s for the 8 daily flights they are operating out of ISL. But no planes or flight crews are being based at ISL.)
6) Also, I know (from my own recent flight experience to ADA from ISL), that they have established a small satellite catering facility at ISL, practically where they store the meals and sandwiches which are actually "prepared" at the Turkish Do&Co facility in IST (Ataturk) Airport, prior loading to the flights. But with the addition of new flights, the said facility at ISL will become pretty much busy.
7) But it also seems that there will be no full scaled CIP/Business Lounge at the International Departures (these are said to be ready only by beg. April 2019) Terminal, so I wonder what kind of CIP Service they will or can provide for the international pax. flying on business class or having some Elite/Plus status.

EDIT: I just saw a tweet from Mr. Bilal Ekşi (General Manager of THY) about these new routes to be added from ISL. For the new International ones, he has mentioned (after obtaining approvals).
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

HeyTK

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:03 am

Bilal Eksi posted new routes that will be available soon, on twitter.

Domestic: Diyarbakır, Kayseri, Hatay
International: Moscow, Paris, London, Frankfurt, Münih, Kuwait, Tblisi, Ashgabat.

mafaky

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 am

HeyTK wrote:

International: Moscow, Paris, London, Frankfurt, Münih, Kuwait, Tblisi, Ashgabat.

Sorry to say, but what's the use of posting things, when they are already posted and in detail and in just one message before your's???

HeyTK

Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:07 am

mafaky wrote:
HeyTK wrote:

Sorry to say, but what's the use of posting things, when they are already posted and in detail and in just one message before your's???

Your post has a different source and entails different information and is based on hearsay. I just shared the news that has been confirmed and is posted this morning by several news outlets and forums and Bilal Ekşi himself. There is no reason for you to get upset and criticize me. I had a lot of respect for you, but now I am dissapointed.

MeCe

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:29 pm

mafaky wrote:
According to a forum post at wowturkey.com (a Turkish Forum);

Ignore them, bunch of morons all brown nosed.

From topic new Beijing daxin airport :

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1388037#p20218309

Beijing Daxing:
Terminal Building: 780, 000 m2
Total area: 4,700 hectares
7 runways final stage

Mexico City:
Terminal Building: 743,000 m2
Total area: 4,432 hectares
6 runways final stage

Istanbul new airport:
Terminal Building: 680,000 m2
Total area: 7,659 hectares
6 runways final stage

Erdogan`s opening biggest airport fanfare boldy ended according to these numbers. In addition Daxin completed 4th runway in 4 years, ISL still has 2.

aldrigsomandre

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:41 pm

MeCe wrote:
mafaky wrote:

Beijing Daxing:
7 runways final stage

Mexico City:
6 runways final stage

Istanbul new airport:
6 runways final stage

Erdogan`s opening biggest airport fanfare boldy ended according to these numbers. In addition Daxin completed 4th runway in 4 years, ISL still has 2.

Daxing was always going to be bigger than the new IST. I have no idea why they advertised it as the world's biggest in the first place. The approval for Daxing was given in 2013 and the construction started in 2014. So it's impossible that they didn't have the figures by the time the marketing started for the new IST. Blatant lies.

MeCe

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:48 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Daxing was always going to be bigger than the new IST. I have no idea why they advertised it as the world's biggest in the first place. The approval for Daxing was given in 2013 and the construction started in 2014. So it's impossible that they didn't have the figures by the time the marketing started for the new IST. Blatant lies.

Local media and some websites (like wowturkey.com) always promoted as biggest in the world. Than it returned biggest when opening, now is biggest terminal building. Funny to see how hard stick their lies.

HeyTK

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:59 pm

I assumed that they meant "bigger" as in total number of passengers, not the terminal area?

Does anyone know the number of flights per year that ISL will accommodate in the future?

MeCe

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Not again, Dubai El Maktoum will be more than 200 mil/year. New Istanbul wil be 150 mil/year after all phases completed.

aldrigsomandre

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:11 pm

MeCe wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:

Local media and some websites (like wowturkey.com) always promoted as biggest in the world. Than it returned biggest when opening, now is biggest terminal building. Funny to see how hard stick their lies.

As far as the terminal building goes, once again, Daxing's floor area will be bigger.

In addition, one could build the largest airport anywhere in the world, doesn't mean that the passengers will use it. Personally, I'd concentrate on making it the best airport experience, not the biggest.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:18 pm

IIRC, Mexico City airport construction just got cancelled few months back:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKCN1N51BQ
And, I agree... I could care less if it is the biggest, longest, busiest... I want easiest to get to, easy to transfer, good food options, places to rest...
I hate flying out of LAX, ATL, DET, DEN, MSP, CDG.... where security lines are huge, people running to transfer to their connecting flights. Too bad, I live in NYC and have to fly out of JFK, EWR and LGA all the time and my other home airports are IST ( which I really didn't mind, it was just fine for me..) and DLM (which is almost ready with a new terminal).
On the other hand, TK will eventually be very happy to grow at the new airport and people of Istanbul are lucky to fly to almost anywhere in the world nonstop with TK from their new hub.
Last edited by TK787 on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisnh

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:21 pm

I understand that BOSTON will remain daily into W19-20. Very pleased. Will TK likely stick with the A333? I know QR has switched Boston to the 77W as newer A350-1000s get assigned to JFK.

aldrigsomandre

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:25 pm

TK787 wrote:
IIRC, Mexico City airport construction just got cancelled few months back:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKCN1N51BQ

It's a bit of a confusing situation. Even though the project is canceled, the work is still going on, which I don't understand. The new President AMLO received a huge backlash from the general public and financial analysts alike.

So things are in a bit of a limbo at the moment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexi ... SKBN1O303Y

HeyTK

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:29 pm

MeCe wrote:
Not again, Dubai El Maktoum will be more than 200 mil/year. New Istanbul wil be 150 mil/year after all phases completed.

By size alone, (DMM) Saudi Arabia holds the crown with 77,600 hectares and is by far the largest, but I am sure that is not the point here and ISL is reffering to the amount of passengers handled which will be 150M with an expansion to 200M. Daxing only plans to handle 100M, so by that comparison ISL will be the biggest in the near future.
Dubai is not a relevant topic yet, they first need to expand to 120M by 2025 and then finish their work by 2030 to take that title, but that is more than 10 years ahead of now.

aldrigsomandre

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:35 pm

HeyTK wrote:
MeCe wrote:

By size alone, (DMM) Saudi Arabia holds the crown with 77,600 hectares and is by far the largest, but I am sure that is not the point here and ISL is reffering to the amount of passengers handled which will be 150M with an expansion to 200M. Daxing only plans to handle 100M, so by that comparison ISL will be the biggest in the near future.
Dubai is not a relevant topic yet, they first need to expand to 120M by 2025 and then finish their work by 2030 to take that title, but that is more than 10 years ahead of now.

Even then, they should be saying "We are building the largest airport by passenger capacity, in the world.", not "We have built.."

A321Lufthansa

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:15 pm

MeCe wrote:
mafaky wrote:

Beijing Daxing:
7 runways final stage

Mexico City:
6 runways final stage

Istanbul new airport:
6 runways final stage

Is new IST not 1,300,000 m2?
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

HeyTK

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:00 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
HeyTK wrote:
MeCe wrote:

Even then, they should be saying "We are building the largest airport by passenger capacity, in the world.", not "We have built.."

Probably because that phrase its too long to say and doesnt sound good but I agree to a certain extent, they are imposing too much on the "we are the biggest" part. We all know that the man in charge likes to show off, its an ego thing.

mafaky

Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:49 pm

Is new IST not 1,300,000 m2?

New Istanbul AP's Terminal is based on a piece of land approx. 470.000 m2 (excluding the multi storey car park...). The multi storey terminal building has approx. 1.4000.00 m2 usable space including the 5 piers and still excluding the carpark facility. The length of the terminal building (landside) is 540 mt. and (airside) 890 mt. Each one of the five piers measure around 500 mt.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:53 pm

I just saw this: airporthaber.com reports more flights by first half of January and the move is now on March 3rd.
http://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-h ... tacak.html
Is it still possible? Two airports can operate at the same time?

mafaky

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:36 am

TK787 wrote:
I just saw this: airporthaber.com reports more flights by first half of January and the move is now on March 3rd.
http://www.airporthaber.com/havacilik-h ... tacak.html
Is it still possible? Two airports can operate at the same time?

What you have seen at airporthaber.com is true. Yes there will be more flights added, starting from Jan. 10th. See my more detailed message, below.

As for that date: 3rd March 2019 --- I simply don't believe it. More likely on March 25th, when the Summer Timetable (2019) goes into effect.

Now, these two airports can operate at the same time, but with some extreme precaution on the ATC side. However: let's assume there will be 1.000 aircraft movements on the European side of Istanbul's airspace (i.e. landings & takeoffs). If one airport handles 100, max 150 of these movements and the other one handles the rest this is an affordable situation. But nothing more than this ratio!!! Safety comes first.

The new scenario at ISL, after Jan 10th is very very safely within these limits. Unless somebody else doesn't post it before, I will post the new timetable layout at ISL tonight and it will be easier to see what I mean.

TK105

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am

aldrigsomandre wrote:
As far as the terminal building goes, once again, Daxing's floor area will be bigger.

I think the plan is to built a smaller version or perhaps even a twin of the current terminal building between future runways 3 and 4. Probably all airlines other than TK will be moved to this new terminal building.

The future is in the skies.

MeCe

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 am

TK105 wrote:
I think the plan is to built a smaller version or perhaps even a twin of the current terminal building between future runways 3 and 4. Probably all airlines other than TK will be moved to this new terminal building.

I heard some rumors that IGA is trying aviod building all these runways. Since first two runways build as pairs they count as total 4 runways,build one pair of runway meets BOT agreement which is total number of runways will be 6. Even they may option not build a second terminal according to rumor, because current terminal can handle 150 mil pax with some tweaks. Personally I think quite possible when mix up all favors done by government to this construction company.

aldrigsomandre

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 am

MeCe wrote:
TK105 wrote:

I heard some rumors that IGA is trying aviod building all these runways. Since first two runways build as pairs they count as total 4 runways,build one pair of runway meets BOT agreement which is total number of runways will be 6. Even they may option not build a second terminal according to rumor, because current terminal can handle 150 mil pax with some tweaks. Personally I think quite possible when mix up all favors done by government to this construction company.

My Turkish friend told me that one of the partners of the consortium that is building the airport had used a rather vulgar phrase to describe what they were going to do to the public. This fits his description.

When I lived in Turkey, maaaany people had a "That'll do." attitude that kept them from ever achieving their true potential. Seems that things never ever change.

mafaky

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:03 am

MeCe wrote:
TK105 wrote:

Well, there's an "expression gimmick" on behalf of the BOTS Consortium, in what MeCe has said, but I don't think the BOTS Consortium can get along with that much of a smart attitude. Yes, the already built and operational two "runway sets" and the third one under construction have one 60mt. wide main runway and a second(ary) 45mt. emergency runway. But they cannot use the main runway and secondary (emergency) runway in neither set, simultaneously. At the best one plane starts taking of say from the main rwy, and a second plane waits to start running at the emergency rwy. This slightly shortens the queeing time; actually that's how it's practiced currently at Ataturk AP's 17/35 runway pairs. But they cannot convince the State that they have already built 6 runways, when they finish up with all these 3 runway sets. :( Very highly, unlikely this time!!

As for the Terminal pax handling capacity: There are two main factors involved ---
a) The capacity of aircraft movements (landings & take-offs) that can be provided with the operational runways.
b) The capacity of the terminal itself where not one-two but a multitude of factors (even the number of toilets) are involved.

The present Terminal at ISL, has a nominal pax handling capacity for 90 million. Yes, this can be tweaked a bit but maybe up to a maximum of 120 million. Certainly a 150 million figure is beyond the possible, no matter what. If so, it will be an even worse zoo than the present day Ataturk AP.
Don't forget that today's IST and near future's ISL (which will also become the new IST, in near future) will not be an airport where O & D pax will be dominant. Like Dubai & Doha, even like Frankfurt and London it will serve predominantly for transfer pax. The "nice thing" about these transfer pax is that they are counted as "2" in the statistics, but only "1" person will be physically present inside the terminal at one time. Another "nice thing" is that the said transfer pax are inclined to make more generous duty free shopping or spending more money on F & B (naturally depends on the passenger profile; we know lots of these transfer pax don't even buy a bottle of water during their transit but probably consume more water with their toşlet excursions!... :x ) The "bad thing" is that these transfer pax will be consuming much more time inside the terminal, than the average O & D pax.

Those are the factors that will stand against on any kind of 150 million pax tweak, and under any circumstances the three runway sets will never ever allow for 150 million pax type traffic. As I have said, 120 million may be the best/highest.

As for the second terminal: Definitely it will be built on the east side of the present one. The original master plans envisaged, actually for 3 terminals. The present one - the Main Terminal (with 90 million pax nominal capacity), a smaller one on the east (with 30 million capacity) and a third Satellite Terminal exactly in the north of the Main Terminal (also with 30 million of capacity). Now that third terminal will never be built. That land is now allocated to THY where a huge MRO facility will be built. It will be as long as the Main Terminal and will be something like 40-45mt. high, even shadowing the Main Terminal. So the only option is to built that eastern-side 2nd Terminal as a slightly smaller near replica of the present Main Terminal or as its almost exact twin. I have seen master plan drafts for both versions. If the second option is exercised (exact/very near replica of the present Main), then the 4th and 5th N/S runways will be more closer to each other but still ICAO's minimum separation distance requirement for parallel operations, of 800mt. can be retained. But the space (land area) between these two final runway sets will reduce and the facilities that they can build in this space will be more limited.

In my opinion, they will go for a smaller second terminal but larger than the one in the early master plan: it may be something with only 4 (instead of the 5 in the present Main) piers and having a nominal capacity like 55-60 millions and that can be tweaked up to 80 million.

As of now, nobody is talking about a 150 million (New) Istanbul Airport. This figure has been escalated and revised to 200 million since a long time.

However, I am the least surprised when I hear these rumors. Many "intelligent and patriotic" people in Turkey (though they are not in the majority) can feel the misc. hanky pankies in and behind this project and such rumors can easily be created and escalated (knowingly or deliberately). :grumpy:

peterinlisbon

Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:37 pm

TK787 wrote:
Craziest thing!!!
I was looking at some tickets at TK website and all of a sudden I got this message on my screen:
"Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.turkishairlines.com/" on this server"
It lasted about an hour and I could not go to the website. Is this common? Thanks.

I heard that Turkish Airlines is going to open a bunch of new routes in January from the New Istanbul Airport: Diyarbakır, Kayseri, Hatay - and foreign - Moscow, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Ashgabat, Tbilisi.

The full opening is now scheduled for 3rd March. This date seems a lot more realistic to me based on the current status of the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjjfwFggfYI&t=24s

[email protected]

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm

For more details on coming routes from ISL, visit: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -jan-2019/
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

mafaky

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 pm

[email protected] wrote:
For more details on coming routes from ISL, visit: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -jan-2019/

There may be a few more domestic and international routes, a doubling frequency for Ankara (ESB) and daily frequency instead of the several weekly frequencies. This is what we have heard in the local media, here in Turkey. I am aware that Routesonline.com do not publish these info as their gutfeel and derive the data from the Airlines; so I sent them a message for double-checking with TK for any possible last minute amendments.

peterinlisbon

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Some new flights have been announced from the New Istanbul Airport: the domestic destinations of Diyarbakır, Kayseri, Hatay and the international destinations are Moscow, Frankfurt, Munich, Paris, Ashgabat and Tbilisi. These seem to be starting in January. The full opening is now scheduled for 3rd March.

Blerg

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Is there some pattern behind the selection of new destinations from ISL? Why would TK chose Ashgabat for example? Are they going for destinations with considerable O&D demand?

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Please continue here:
Turkish Aviation January 2019
Moderators, please archive this thread since I've started a new one. Happy New Year :)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos