BrianDromey

Re: Irish 12/18: December Dreaming ...

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Galwayman wrote:
Worse than EasyJet’s time keeling is their lack of on board storage ... those overhead bins are tiny , I suspect the reason their time keeping is so bad is the problem with the overhead cabins

AFAIK easyJet use the same A319/320 interior as other operators. I don't think Airbus have a "small bins" option. Of course their cabins are more dense so there would be an additional 12 seats per A320 compared to EI, which may be what you are noticing. What I have noticed about my easyJet flights is that they are very strict about the 1 cabin bag (eve more restrictive than FR's old policy). Overall I think easyJet are a decent airline, nothing special or 'feel-good', but efficient and practical.

kaitak wrote:
I have always found Easyjet quite good. They could really drive down fares on LGW-DUB, especially if they used their A321Neos.

On that point, I'm very surprised that FR has still not committed to the 737 Max 10, especially given that its two major competitors, Wizz and Easy, have both acquired the A321Neo.

I suppose the extra 8 seats on their upcoming MAX-8s are enough for now, part of FR's model is sale & lease-back and off-leasing quite early in an aircrafts life. The -9/-10 are less popular and likely to have less attractive financing options, this might partly explain the current fleet choices.

S0Y

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:07 am

OA260 wrote:
Fearghal O'Connor: ' The biggest loser from that interminable runway delay has been IAG's biggest beast, British Airways

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish ... 07682.html

I beg to differ, it very much suits BA that LHR does not have another runway.

That said EI has proven to be a good buy for IAG, as we knew it would

VFRonTop

Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:46 pm

kaitak wrote:
I think EI recognises that a livery change is a one in 20-25 year thing for the airline. A bland, unimaginative livery might save money, but would affect the aircraft negatively in other ways, from staff morale to public perception - i.e. "is this really the best they can do, and if it is, what does this say about it's overall vision" and "this is an airline that has very little imaginating beyond the bottom line".

I agree but its not just the design but also the physical implementation of the livery that can impact the final result. And the track record so far doesn't fill me with hope that this will get the care and attention it deserves. The Omni 767 livery and the issue Air Italy had with one of their A330s come to mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but its IAC (International Aerospace Coatings) that does the actual painting in Dublin, right?

KeevaOS

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Is Aer Lingus revealing their new livery and uniform this month or only in January?

If the livery is to be introduced in Jan, id assum they will reveal it by now?

Also any expansion on the short haul for EI in 2019 out of Dublin?

AmricanShamrok

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:28 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
kaitak wrote:
I think EI recognises that a livery change is a one in 20-25 year thing for the airline. A bland, unimaginative livery might save money, but would affect the aircraft negatively in other ways, from staff morale to public perception - i.e. "is this really the best they can do, and if it is, what does this say about it's overall vision" and "this is an airline that has very little imaginating beyond the bottom line".

I agree but its not just the design but also the physical implementation of the livery that can impact the final result. And the track record so far doesn't fill me with hope that this will get the care and attention it deserves. The Omni 767 livery and the issue Air Italy had with one of their A330s come to mind.

Correct me if I'm wrong but its IAC (International Aerospace Coatings) that does the actual painting in Dublin, right?

I think SNN-based Lufthansa Technik painted the AT4s and the IRFU #GreenSpirit A320s on return from Little Red. They might also be in the running.

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:57 pm

KeevaOS wrote:
Is Aer Lingus revealing their new livery and uniform this month or only in January?

Only in January - not long to wait!
I haven't heard anything about short haul expansion, although there will be some capacity boosts on short haul flights as the A321LRs will be used on some morning flights to places like AMS, CDG, LGW and LHR (possibly others, too). No new routes, as far as I'm aware.

KeevaOS

Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:22 pm

kaitak wrote:
KeevaOS wrote:

I haven't heard anything about short haul expansion, although there will be some capacity boosts on short haul flights as the A321LRs will be used on some morning flights to places like AMS, CDG, LGW and LHR (possibly others, too). No new routes, as far as I'm aware.

good man thanks,
will those morning flighs overnight at those destinations? (ams cdg lgw etc) just like LHR?

eicvd

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:41 pm

KeevaOS wrote:
kaitak wrote:
KeevaOS wrote:

good man thanks,
will those morning flighs overnight at those destinations? (ams cdg lgw etc) just like LHR?

No, EI don’t overnight aircraft anywhere except for LHR.
COYBIB

JAmie2k9

Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Not sure Aer Lingus are quiet finished with announcements however I taught one would have been made by now so there might be something soon.

OA260

Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Almost 73,000 passengers to travel through Shannon Airport during Christmas season

ALMOST 73,000 passengers will travel through Shannon Airport during the Christmas period.

From this weekend through to the New Year, 72,700 passengers are expected to come through Shannon, an increase of 5% in passenger numbers across the festive season.

The festive increase is in line with overall gains this year at Limerick’s local airport, with 2018 set to have been Shannon Airport’s busiest year since 2010.

“This will be one of our busiest Christmas periods since Shannon Airport achieved independence on December 31 2012,” Shannon Airport managing director Andrew Murphy said.

www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/352886/ ... eason.html

---

Cork Airport expects 149,000 festive passengers with Dec 21 busiest

MORE than 149,000 passengers are expected to travel through Cork Airport this Christmas and New Year, with Friday, December 21 the busiest day for arrivals.

The numbers forecasted to arrive and depart over the Christmas and New Year period are up 3.5% compared with the same time last year.

Head of Communications at Cork Airport, Kevin Cullinane said: “Cork Airport plays a vital role in getting people to where they need to be for the Christmas season.

www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-Airpor ... a328d83-ds

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:41 am

Aer Lingus to recruit 100 pilots as part of growth plan

Airline also wants to increase number of female pilots

Aer Lingus is aiming to recruit 100 pilots as part of its expansion plans.

The airline, which flies to over 80 destinations, said that it intends to use the recruitment drive to increase the number of female pilots it employs, which currently stands at 10 per cent.

“Aer Lingus has a strong track record of supporting female pilots, employing twice as many compared with the international airline industry average,” the company said in a statement

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 2?mode=amp

—-

Aer Lingus chief prepares to fly solo in the new year
Stephen Kavanagh to exit airline this month after 31 years with the Irish airline

If Stephen Kavanagh was anymore down to earth he’d be subterranean. The Dubliner is as unassuming as they come, particularly among the officer ranks of corporate Ireland.

By his own admission, he’s more a numbers man than a people person. His career in aviation began as a teenager with a weekend job washing shelves for the old Aer Rianta (now DAA). He was introverted, preferring to look at his shoes and avoid eye contact.

In 1988, he interviewed for a role with Aer Lingus on check-in, a move that would help to bring him out of his shell. “I had a social interaction every 15 seconds for the next four years and that’s what allowed me to develop,” he says.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 2?mode=amp

—-

DalRiada

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:49 am

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... 4?mode=amp

As expected, EI to bring back business class on select European routes operated by the A321neoLR.

Eirules

Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:54 am

DalRiada wrote:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/aer-lingus-bringing-back-business-class-on-european-flights-1.3730604?mode=amp

As expected, EI to bring back business class on select European routes operated by the A321neoLR.

Suddenly from no business class on key routes ex DUB, EI will have a substantially better product than their competitors on routes to LHR, AMS, CDG etc
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 pm

This will only be on selected flights that tie in with TATL so the product will only be better compared to BA KL AF on select services then it drop down to LCC BOB for the rest. As long as passengers dont get caught out in their expectations thinking they are getting one product and gettting the LCC one.

BrianDromey

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 pm

The fleet numbers are interesting. SK says there will be 15 arrivals from the US. This all but confirms that the number of A321LR's now stands at 16 (15 operational and one spare). There will be 8 onward European routes AMS, BCN, CDG, LHR. Clearly not all flights on a route will offer Business Class.

The hard-product will be good but the soft might be a bit weak. Its not clear if they will load Business Class service wear and plate BoB items on it, or just slap a Chicken & Stuffing sandwich on your tray table. EI say they expect strong demand - it will be interring to see if this product is introduced on A320 routes with a middle seat blocked.

JAmie2k9

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:37 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
The fleet numbers are interesting. SK says there will be 15 arrivals from the US. This all but confirms that the number of A321LR's now stands at 16 (15 operational and one spare). There will be 8 onward European routes AMS, BCN, CDG, LHR. Clearly not all flights on a route will offer Business Class.

The hard-product will be good but the soft might be a bit weak. Its not clear if they will load Business Class service wear and plate BoB items on it, or just slap a Chicken & Stuffing sandwich on your tray table. EI say they expect strong demand - it will be interring to see if this product is introduced on A320 routes with a middle seat blocked.

His figures includeA330 arrivals.

VFRonTop

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:00 pm

OA260 wrote:
This will only be on selected flights that tie in with TATL so the product will only be better compared to BA KL AF on select services then it drop down to LCC BOB for the rest. As long as passengers dont get caught out in their expectations thinking they are getting one product and gettting the LCC one.

This is the key point. EI need to ensure that this isn't marketed as a P2P product but for key flights that connect to the longhaul network targeted at business travellers. I think this could be very competitive and attract connecting travellers away from LHR, CDG and FRA.

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:23 pm

BrianDromey wrote:

The hard-product will be good but the soft might be a bit weak. Its not clear if they will load Business Class service wear and plate BoB items on it, or just slap a Chicken & Stuffing sandwich on your tray table.

It will be free selection from the usual BOB trolley.

shamrock350

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:49 pm

I think it’s a good compromise, Aer Lingus need to be incredibly cost conscious in all areas of the business but especially in short haul. The addition of bespoke catering on an 8 aircraft operation would complicate the relatively simple formula on short haul and inevitably add unnecessary costs to the business.

It all depends how Aer Lingus market the product, I think prodviding a lie flat seat, WiFi and PTV along with a complementary item from the Bia menu is itself a huge leap from the current offering. As the product matures and hopefully prodvides the return desired, the airline will look further into its development and enhance the offering accordingly. This would likely lead to a roll out of the Aer Space idea.

The article already answers some of the other questions asked on here;

No bespoke catering - A complimentary Bia service will be provided. I’d expect an individual menu would be available, a bit like the transatlantic buy on board menu in the Boutique Magazine, everyone can see it but it’s only relevant for people on those flights.

The business product will be available to long haul connections initially - If not all the seats are sold for connections, the seats will be offered locally for point to point passengers.

OA260

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:13 pm

What will be interesting is the price point of these S/H fares in J. At a guess Id say Advantage level with the 50 tier points . Could be very interesting for us top Tiers AerClub members who can take advantage of it.

BrianDromey

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:16 pm

OA260 wrote:
What will be interesting is the price point of these S/H fares in J. At a guess Id say Advantage level with the 50 tier points . Could be very interesting for us top Tiers AerClub members who can take advantage of it.

It will. I wonder if 16J will be too few seats? I suspect it might be if its on only 8 flights. One to watch with interest.

Ticketyboo

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:42 pm

OA260 wrote:

As a ‘Concierge’ (not willingly) I’ve never known an airline program to be of such little worth. Next week I fly to Europe with LH in Business for €200+ less than EI Advantage, okay I have a connection but then I do get to enjoy a proper airline lounge in FRA unlike the embarrassment that is the EI offering, but more significantly with far superior FA’s. Let’s be honest, who is going to avail of the average EI Business product on flights that are typically less than 120 minutes wheels up to wheels down?

chrisnh

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:12 am

Good to see BOS only suffering one SNN-less winter; one of the A321s takes the role this time next year.

eirflot

Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:48 am

I like LH but I like LX more. The second ZRH flight in summer 2019 will allow for some interesting connections

The significant difference between the LH/ LX crews and EI crews is pride in one's work. EI crews display little pride in their company. Please don't insult me by telling me it's because of pay and conditions- I simply don't believe it!
One if the reasons the service in the new business won't change is because of the additional pay costs required by cabin crew - a service they used to provide years ago

FRA can be a pain - I have had a number of missed connections in the Last four years on LH, especially the 5.55pm departure. FRA is not user friendly for non shengen and for a while now the flights from DUB have had very eratic arrival gates / remote stands
While the CTA with the UK is valuable it would be nice to connect in Europe with our arriving passport / security checks

Ticketyboo

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:26 pm

eirflot wrote:
I like LH but I like LX more. The second ZRH flight in summer 2019 will allow for some interesting connections

The significant difference between the LH/ LX crews and EI crews is pride in one's work. EI crews display little pride in their company. Please don't insult me by telling me it's because of pay and conditions- I simply don't believe it!
One if the reasons the service in the new business won't change is because of the additional pay costs required by cabin crew - a service they used to provide years ago

FRA can be a pain - I have had a number of missed connections in the Last four years on LH, especially the 5.55pm departure. FRA is not user friendly for non shengen and for a while now the flights from DUB have had very eratic arrival gates / remote stands
While the CTA with the UK is valuable it would be nice to connect in Europe with our arriving passport / security checks

Can't disagree with anything you've said. I don't especially like FRA which is a sprawling mess, LH terminal at MUC much, much better although the lounge used by EI in MUC has been recently relocated and much improved with a very nice offering.

adamh8297

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 pm

chrisnh wrote:
Good to see BOS only suffering one SNN-less winter; one of the A321s takes the role this time next year.

What is the source for this? I read DUB-BDL is going to the LR. ITA had 757 through 11/2019
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

2019: CX BOS-HKG, WE HKG-HKT, CA HKT-PEK-EWR, B6 EWR-BOS

KeevaOS

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:11 pm

So the Business class on the Europes will only be available on the a321LR on certain routes (incld London). What about the other London frequencies (14 a day) etc that aer lingus operate on a320? The Aer Space model on the a320 (with middle seat blocked and curtain) seems to have been scrapped? different from what the COO said last year at 11.05min on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL3uDoUJcv4

eirflot

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 pm

I think we need to wait for EI to decide what the European business class will be - there have been mixed signals, a usual occurrence with EI

I agree about MUC - it is a lot easier for LH connections and generallt a nicer experience

EI321

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Photos of Westjet's first 787-9. This will be a nice addition on the new Dublin Calgary route.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... er-454457/

OA260

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:04 pm

Ireland West Airport Knock receives nearly €2 million in funding

Ireland West Airport has welcomed this week's announcement of funding of €1,916,562 to the airport under the Public Policy Remit Operational Expenditure Subvention (PPR-O) Scheme for 2018.

The Programme provides for Exchequer support to contribute towards the significant operational costs associated with air traffic control, fire, safety and security at the airport.

www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/352724 ... nding.html

IrishTexan

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Question about EI lounge access at LHR. Does someone flying USA/LHR/SNN ,and flying on EI for the LHR/SNN leg, on a BA ticket with BA silver/Oneworld sapphire status get access to the EI lounge in T2 on the layover in LHR? Have received some conflicting info and wonder if anyone has knowledge. Tks.

bx737

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 pm

I heard an interesting rumour today and it has no source, it’s a rumour; JetBlue are looking at going Transatlantic (as we suspected), London is being looked at, but more interesting from an Irish perspective is that JetBlue has looked at SNN, but it has fallen down the list. In an effort to capture a market along the Western seaboard, Knock is being looked at very strongly from New York.

eirflot

Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Interesting rumour - but very little feed at knock! It would be nice to experience mint across the Atlantic.

mast2407

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:39 am

Does Knock really have the footfall and attraction to garner TATL services?! I mean, no disrespect intended to the area, and it’s a beautiful area, you can see why people would be interested in going there, but it’s all quite rural and very spread out. The closest city to sustain it is Galway, which isn’t even that close. Then you’ve got regional towns like Sligo or Castlebar. What’s the appeal?! Or is it just that smaller aircraft make it possible now?

cc47

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:27 am

Id love to see B6 in ORK, hopefully they keep us in mind.

JAmie2k9

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:35 am

bx737 wrote:
I heard an interesting rumour today and it has no source, it’s a rumour; JetBlue are looking at going Transatlantic (as we suspected), London is being looked at, but more interesting from an Irish perspective is that JetBlue has looked at SNN, but it has fallen down the list. In an effort to capture a market along the Western seaboard, Knock is being looked at very strongly from New York.

Don't think there is any truth in it, not sure they would do both DUB and westen route at once. I do think SNN could have fallen down the list with DY there. It would be very competitive and question is could JB capture higher yield traffic off DL/EI/UA which they need.

Unless someone is offering an excellent incentive from NOC.

VFRonTop

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
Don't think there is any truth in it....

Unfortunately I agree, I see little to no chance of NOC or SNN being served. As much as I would love to see B6 in Ireland, I think even Dublin might be a stretch. LON-NYC is over four times larger than DUB-NYC (3.96m vs 0.97m in 2017) and is also much more premium heavy. B6 will be competing on price with its business product which means it will live or die on cracking the LON market with frequent service and sub £2k fares to attract enough corporate traffic.

BrianDromey

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:47 am

The London market is quite saturated from North America and B6 will be very limited for slots at Gatwick. Heathrow is out of the question, so it would likely be STN, a far from proven market. One with significant potential, but still.

eicvd

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:59 am

Highly likely B6 could fly BOS-DUB instead of NYC-DUB too.
COYBIB

ClassicLover

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:21 am

IrishTexan wrote:
Question about EI lounge access at LHR. Does someone flying USA/LHR/SNN ,and flying on EI for the LHR/SNN leg, on a BA ticket with BA silver/Oneworld sapphire status get access to the EI lounge in T2 on the layover in LHR? Have received some conflicting info and wonder if anyone has knowledge. Tks.

You should have access to the EI lounge in T2 for your LHR-SNN sector.

Just show your Aer Lingus boarding pass and your BA Silver card and they should let you in with no problems.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

VFRonTop

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:29 am

BrianDromey wrote:
The London market is quite saturated from North America and B6 will be very limited for slots at Gatwick. Heathrow is out of the question, so it would likely be STN, a far from proven market. One with significant potential, but still.

Heathrow would be nigh impossible to make work, not without a huge investment to get workable slots. LGW slots are more accessible and they could make a 4-6 daily rotation work. On paper STN would make a lot of sense but I expect that it'll be a hard sell to corporate traffic (even though it has better access to the City than LGW)

Definitely hope DUB gets a BOS service and maybe even a JFK service but I expect it'd be one daily service, max.

AmricanShamrok

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:34 am

IrishTexan wrote:

Yes, you can. I had no issues using the lounge recently when I flew DXB-LHR-SNN on a BA ticket. I really like the EI lounge at LHR - it's nice to have a shower after an overnight flight and sit back and watch the takeoffs/landings on 9R/27L.

AmricanShamrok

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:36 am

JAmie2k9 wrote:
bx737 wrote:

Don't think there is any truth in it, not sure they would do both DUB and westen route at once. I do think SNN could have fallen down the list with DY there. It would be very competitive and question is could JB capture higher yield traffic off DL/EI/UA which they need.

There's no mention of DUB being looked at by B6 in that rumour...

OA260

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:03 pm

eirflot wrote:
Interesting rumour - but very little feed at knock! It would be nice to experience mint across the Atlantic.

Not happening it would be ORK or DUB if they were to enter the Irish market. Id like to see them in the Irish market I flew them last year and were decent enough. The Mint product would do well out of Ireland.

eicvd

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:09 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
bx737 wrote:

Let’s be honest though, if/when JetBlue start transatlantic to Ireland DUB will be their first destination. That’s not to say they won’t ever serve ORK, SNN or NOC & BFS but they’ll go first where the market it is.
COYBIB

JAmie2k9

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:53 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
Don't think there is any truth in it....

Unfortunately I agree, I see little to no chance of NOC or SNN being served. As much as I would love to see B6 in Ireland, I think even Dublin might be a stretch. LON-NYC is over four times larger than DUB-NYC (3.96m vs 0.97m in 2017) and is also much more premium heavy. B6 will be competing on price with its business product which means it will live or die on cracking the LON market with frequent service and sub £2k fares to attract enough corporate traffic.

I think DUB will happen, they already transfer thousands of passengers to Aer Lingus per year at JFK/BOS. While it might be a while off they have all the data they need for DUB plus a good produce which will appeal.

AmricanShamrok wrote:
JAmie2k9 wrote:
bx737 wrote:

True but DUB as a route has been well known.

Elsewhere Croatia Airlines have put a third weekly flight on sale next summer.

OA260

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 am

Kids left 'heartbroken' after flight from Dublin Airport to Lapland cancelled at last minute

The plane was due to leave Dublin Airport on Saturday morning

Dozens of kids were left heartbroken after a flight from Dublin Airport to Lapland was cancelled at the last minute.

UK airline TUI was due to fly from Dublin to Rovaniemi, the capital of Lapland, on Saturday morning.

After boarding the plane and waiting for take off, passengers were told that due to technical difficulties they would not be flying.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/kids ... t-15560883

Skyblue39

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:17 am

Dublin Airport Breaks 30 Million Passenger Milestone

Dublin Airport has welcomed 30 million passengers so far this year, and still has the busy Christmas period to come.

This is the first time in Dublin Airport's 78-year history that more than 30 million passengers have used the airport in a single year.

“We’re delighted to pass the 30 million passenger mark for the first time in Dublin Airport’s history,” said Dublin Airport Managing Director Vincent Harrison. “I’d like to thank our airline customers, our passengers, our staff and our partners, all of whom played a role in helping the airport reach this historic passenger milestone.”

Passenger numbers at Dublin Airport are up 6% so far this year, with good growth in European, transatlantic and other long-haul markets, according to Mr Harrison.

The 30 million milestone was passed in recent days and Dublin Airport still has twelve days of trading to come this year. The busy Christmas period is well underway, and the airport will be open every day until December 31 apart from Christmas Day.

Dublin Airport welcomed more than 25 million passengers for the first time in 2015 and passed the 20 million passenger milestone for the first time in 2006.

The passenger growth at Dublin Airport is good news for the entire Irish economy, as the extra traffic stimulates extra tourism and trade throughout the country. “The economic activity generated by the 30 million passengers who have used Dublin Airport so far this year underpins the record numbers of tourism visitors to Ireland, boosts Irish exports and helps keep the Irish economy growing,” according to Mr Harrison.

The most recent data from the Central Statistics Office (CSO) shows record levels of spending by overseas visitors to the State in the first nine months of this year. Total spending increased by 7.2% during the period, while spending by holidaymakers was up by 12.2%.

The data showed that spending by visitors from continental Europe and North America were the main drivers of this growth in tourism revenue, and this reflects the mix of traffic growth at Dublin Airport during the first nine months of this year.

As passenger traffic continues to grow, Dublin Airport is planning a very significant investment in facilities to help cope with current demand and expand into the future. The contract for Dublin Airport’s new North Runway was awarded in October and mobilisation works for this project are currently underway.

Consultations were also held recently on a major capital investment programme, the centrepiece of which is a €900 million capacity expansion plan to help Dublin Airport grow to 40 million passengers a year.

The proposal includes an investment of about €400 million to build new capacity in the northern end of the airport close to Terminal 1, while about €500 million will be invested at the southern apron area close to Terminal 2.

This €900 million investment programme will see the construction of new boarding gate areas, additional aircraft parking stands and many other significant improvements. The €900 million capacity package is part of wider plan which also includes €200 million of airfield works and a €120 million annual spend on repair and maintenance and revenue generating projects.

This winter Dublin Airport has 14 new services and almost 1.6 million extra seats across its route network. This represents a 12% increase in seat capacity compared to the same period last year.

Dublin Airport is one of the most important economic drivers in the country. It generates or facilitates 117,300 jobs and €8.3 billion worth of economic activity. The new North Runway will facilitate the creation of 31,200 new jobs by 2043 and will add €2.2 billion to Ireland’s GDP during the same period.

Dublin Airport has flights to almost 190 destinations in 43 countries, operated by 56 airlines.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... -milestone

eicvd

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:31 pm

OA260 wrote:
Kids left 'heartbroken' after flight from Dublin Airport to Lapland cancelled at last minute

The plane was due to leave Dublin Airport on Saturday morning

Dozens of kids were left heartbroken after a flight from Dublin Airport to Lapland was cancelled at the last minute.

UK airline TUI was due to fly from Dublin to Rovaniemi, the capital of Lapland, on Saturday morning.

After boarding the plane and waiting for take off, passengers were told that due to technical difficulties they would not be flying.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-ne ... t-15560883

Can’t blame Sunwing this time....
COYBIB

AmricanShamrok

Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 pm

A few flights diverting from DUB to SNN right now - anyone know what's going on?

FR8995 MUC
EI403 FCO
FR7033 FAO

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos