a350lover

Re: Air Italy announces LAX & SFO

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:56 pm

Are there figures of the current long-haul routes out of MXP? They truly could become Italy's new flag carrier if Alitalia continues messing around for decades in problems between strikes, unions, politics, etc.

United787

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:00 pm

I was looking at Air Italy's destinations and surprised that there are no EU destinations outside of Italy and LGW. A lot of Italy and Africa + 4 US + DME, BKK, HAV, DEL, BOM. Can someone explain their strategy to me? Are they now allowed to fly elsewhere in the EU from MXP?

PatrickZ80

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 pm

United787 wrote:
I was looking at Air Italy's destinations and surprised that there are no EU destinations outside of Italy and LGW. A lot of Italy and Africa + 4 US + DME, BKK, HAV, DEL, BOM. Can someone explain their strategy to me? Are they now allowed to fly elsewhere in the EU from MXP?

If my information is correct they got a feeder deal with EasyJet, therefor they don't have to fly within Europe themselves. They let EasyJet do that for them.

LIPZ

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:49 pm

There is no deal between IG and U2, actually they are in direct competition in all the domestic routes from MXP.
As concerns the destinations LGW was served only as a seasonal route out of Olbia and looks like it won't come back in S19.
DME too was axed in October, it was an all-year-round route from MXP while seasonal from Sardinia.
HAV is going to terminate next Tuesady, while MBA and ZNZ a month later.
So they are flying from MXP to Italy (OLB, CTA, SUF, FCO, NAP, PMO with CAG expected to begin in April), to Africa (CAI, SSH, LOS-ACC, DSS), U.S.A. (MIA, JFK and new California routes from April), Asia (DEL, BOM, BKK).
As things stand CTA, SUF, DEL, BOM still need confirmation for S19.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos