Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
a350lover
Topic Author
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:20 pm

Despite the agitated last couple of weeks for WOW, this morning the flight WW322 took off from Keflavik and is now on its way to Delhi from Iceland. It'll take roughly 10 hours for the A330 to reach Delhi. TF-GAY is the only remaining A330 at WOW fleet. I am not sure if the aircraft will have some room to operate anything else apart from the 3x/w KEF-DEL flights.

https://www.flightradar24.com/WOW322/1ec80ef2
Last edited by a350lover on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
hohd
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:30 pm

Ironic is that WOW has announced that DEL flights will end sometime early next year even before the first flight.
 
User avatar
hvusslax
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:42 pm

hohd wrote:
Ironic is that WOW has announced that DEL flights will end sometime early next year even before the first flight.


It's bookable until October 2019. I'm not saying it's likely that the route stays until then but WOW never announced that the route was ending.

Interesting to see this flight taking the great circle route over Russia. It was my understanding when the route was announced that they would have to go around Russia.
 
LHUSA
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 pm

I'm eager to see how this experiment will work out. I'm sure WW has some high volume, shorter routes where that sole A330 could be better utilized. So, if DEL loads and yields aren't strong, they essentially shooting themselves in the foot twice. I do wish them well, however.
 
User avatar
vhqpa
Posts: 1712
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Assuming it's running to the original schedule. Although obviously they won't be going more than 3x weekly with a single A330.
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/278614/wow-air-plans-delhi-launch-in-dec-2018/

On each turn it spends just over 22 hours (46 hours once a week) on the KEF end before the next DEL flight plenty of time to send it to the US west coast at least 3x week maybe 4x. Europe would interfere with the traffic flows between US and India. From that I can only assume it's too big for them as they have been sending an A321 to LAX with a tech stop in YEG. But then it's not great to have an aircraft sitting on the ground at KEF 90 hours a week. Haven't WW already announced they plan to discontinue DEL. If so it would allow them to return the A330 and focus on an A320/A321 fleet.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"
 
346fetish
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 pm

What's up with TF-LUV/WOW? Return to lessor, any carrier to take them up, to be stored...?
"BA have got waterfalls in their head office. The only time we have waterfalls in the Ryanair office is when the toilet leaks."
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10870
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm

346fetish wrote:
What's up with TF-LUV/WOW? Return to lessor, any carrier to take them up, to be stored...?

Returned to lessor, stored until lessor finds someone else to take them. They are both relatively new planes with RRs, lessor will have no issue finding a home for them.
 
User avatar
holcakker
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:47 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Bill can send $$ in a jiffy if they need them back.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10870
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm

holcakker wrote:
Bill can send $$ in a jiffy if they need them back.

I assume you mean Bill Franke. Yes he could, but I doubt he would. The purpose of Indigo Partners investing is not to keep the airline running as is-it is to make a profit. If things were working out WOW would have had no need to return the A330s in the first place, because they would be making money and paying for their leasing costs. IMO Indigo Partners investing decreases the chances of A330[neos] sticking around- Indigo Partners are likely just going to focus on the A320 family like all their other airlines.
 
AirbusOnly
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:06 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:07 pm

TF-GAY just now is doing its 2. flight from KEF to DEL. https://www.flightradar24.com/WOW322/1ecd8d20
In Icelandic media I couldn't find any Information about the level of capacity at that flight - and the return flight. Anybody has some informations about that?
 
Natflyer
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:57 pm

TF-GPA an A321 was ferried to MIA on Dec 3rd and has apparently been sitting there since. Another return to lessor?
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1952
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Natflyer wrote:
TF-GPA an A321 was ferried to MIA on Dec 3rd and has apparently been sitting there since. Another return to lessor?


Wet lease for flights in the Caribbean.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
Lufthansa
Posts: 2639
Joined: Thu May 20, 1999 6:04 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:07 pm

Honestly what are they thinking sending a pink aircraft with that registration to a conservative country like India?
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:01 am

Lufthansa wrote:
Honestly what are they thinking sending a pink aircraft with that registration to a conservative country like India?


They weren't. The whole registration thing is just a gimmick to appeal to the sort of backpacking millennials which the airline tends to attract. As if to say "Hey, look at us, we're hip and in tune with the zeitgeist!" Unfortunately for them, when your company is a global one and you decide to move into more conservative markets, the whole thing falls flat.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:26 am

I’m pretty sure most passengers wont be paying attention to the registration. If they do see it what will they at that point, refuse to board the big pink plane? After they paid for the tkt, doubtful. The Indian authorities will be good as long as they get paid all the necessary fees and what not, money talks.
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
skipness1E
Posts: 4854
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:18 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:28 am

Lufthansa wrote:
Honestly what are they thinking sending a pink aircraft with that registration to a conservative country like India?

India’s not Pakistan. One of the two loves to drink and party.
 
Blankbarcode
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:10 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:56 am

KLDC10 wrote:
Lufthansa wrote:
Honestly what are they thinking sending a pink aircraft with that registration to a conservative country like India?


They weren't. The whole registration thing is just a gimmick to appeal to the sort of backpacking millennials which the airline tends to attract. As if to say "Hey, look at us, we're hip and in tune with the zeitgeist!" Unfortunately for them, when your company is a global one and you decide to move into more conservative markets, the whole thing falls flat.


That's a bit of a harsh way of looking at it but okay I guess
 
OB1504
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:09 am

SRQKEF wrote:
Natflyer wrote:
TF-GPA an A321 was ferried to MIA on Dec 3rd and has apparently been sitting there since. Another return to lessor?


Wet lease for flights in the Caribbean.


The airplane went out of service on Tuesday and has been sitting near the AA hangar ever since. Eastern is covering the flying in the meantime.

Ironically, the billboard near MIA that once advertised flights to Cuba on Eastern 767s has been updated with a picture of a WOW A330 but WOW hasn’t operated a single charter yet.
 
debonair
Posts: 3901
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 am

OB1504 wrote:
The airplane went out of service on Tuesday and has been sitting near the AA hangar ever since. Eastern is covering the flying in the meantime.
Ironically, the billboard near MIA that once advertised flights to Cuba on Eastern 767s has been updated with a picture of a WOW A330 but WOW hasn’t operated a single charter yet.


We are talking about Gulfstream - right?! Bcs. WOW is also flying for ArubaAirlines!

BTW:, Gulfstream needs to up-date their web-page: http://gulfstreamaircharter.com/Flight.html
"Gulfstream Air Charter has U.S. Department of Transportation authorization to offer the following public charter flights:
Airline Operating the Flights: Dynamic International Airlines
Aircraft: B-767-200
DOT Approval: PC-18-"
 
a350lover
Topic Author
Posts: 899
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:39 am

Anyone with figures of the first flights on the KEF-DEL-KEF sectors?
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Lufthansa wrote:
Honestly what are they thinking sending a pink aircraft with that registration to a conservative country like India?

Umm, it is perfectly legal to be the gay in India.
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways
 
OB1504
Posts: 3988
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:03 pm

debonair wrote:
OB1504 wrote:
The airplane went out of service on Tuesday and has been sitting near the AA hangar ever since. Eastern is covering the flying in the meantime.
Ironically, the billboard near MIA that once advertised flights to Cuba on Eastern 767s has been updated with a picture of a WOW A330 but WOW hasn’t operated a single charter yet.


We are talking about Gulfstream - right?! Bcs. WOW is also flying for ArubaAirlines!

BTW:, Gulfstream needs to up-date their web-page: http://gulfstreamaircharter.com/Flight.html
"Gulfstream Air Charter has U.S. Department of Transportation authorization to offer the following public charter flights:
Airline Operating the Flights: Dynamic International Airlines
Aircraft: B-767-200
DOT Approval: PC-18-"


Interesting that they updated the billboard before they updated the website. I haven’t seen TF-GPA doing any flying on behalf of Aruba, but it was scheduled to take out Gulfstream 252 the other day before it went tech.
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:04 am

Polot wrote:
346fetish wrote:
What's up with TF-LUV/WOW? Return to lessor, any carrier to take them up, to be stored...?

Returned to lessor, stored until lessor finds someone else to take them. They are both relatively new planes with RRs, lessor will have no issue finding a home for them.

Poor A333, abandoned by first owner Skymark Airlines, some love from Air Europa then Wow.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
BenflysDTW
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:35 am

DEL is the #1 connecting destination from DTW on Wow. On LH, B6, and the others DEL isn’t quite as high, HYD, BOM are usually higher. So they are getting some feedback from DTW. Hopefully Wow’s finances stabilizes, as their reputation is also in question. Some people may not book tickets as they may feel like it will not a guaranteed flight.
 
LHUSA
Posts: 829
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:51 am

BenflysDTW wrote:
DEL is the #1 connecting destination from DTW on Wow. On LH, B6, and the others DEL isn’t quite as high, HYD, BOM are usually higher. So they are getting some feedback from DTW. Hopefully Wow’s finances stabilizes, as their reputation is also in question. Some people may not book tickets as they may feel like it will not a guaranteed flight.


This is known after only 2 KEF-DEL flights? If referring to forward bookings, that would only be known internally. Curious to the source on this?
 
BenflysDTW
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:39 am

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 am

LHUSA wrote:
BenflysDTW wrote:
DEL is the #1 connecting destination from DTW on Wow. On LH, B6, and the others DEL isn’t quite as high, HYD, BOM are usually higher. So they are getting some feedback from DTW. Hopefully Wow’s finances stabilizes, as their reputation is also in question. Some people may not book tickets as they may feel like it will not a guaranteed flight.


This is known after only 2 KEF-DEL flights? If referring to forward bookings, that would only be known internally. Curious to the source on this?

I work for WOW at DTW. I uploaded about 25 bags to Delhi on Friday. FRA was around 18 as number three. Full flight as well.
 
Natflyer
Posts: 647
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: TF-GAY now in the air flying KEF-DEL

Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:30 am

SRQKEF wrote:
Natflyer wrote:
TF-GPA an A321 was ferried to MIA on Dec 3rd and has apparently been sitting there since. Another return to lessor?


Wet lease for flights in the Caribbean.


Well, it is still sitting there a week later. Going tech is kind of implausible, unless it suffered some structural damage.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos