SeanM1997
Topic Author

London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Many new routes seem to be launching from London Heathrow in 2019, here is a breakdown - what new routes are rumoured to come to the airport in 2019?

1st January - British Airways - Istanbul New - 14x weekly (replaces Ataturk)
1st January - Turkish Airlines - Istanbul New - 37x weekly (replaces Ataturk)

31st March - American Airlines - Phoenix - 7x weekly
31st March - British Airways - Valencia - 12x weekly
31st March - Flybe - Newquay - 28x weekly
31st March - Virgin Atlantic - Las Vegas - 7x weekly

1st April - British Airways - Osaka - 4x weekly
2nd April - Air China - Chengdu - 3x weekly
2nd April - British Airways - Pittsburgh - 4x weekly
4th April - British Airways - Charleston - 2x weekly (Seasonal)

25th May - British Airways - Bastia - 1x weekly (Seasonal)
26th May - British Airways - Preveza - 2x weekly (Seasonal)

11th July - British Airways - Montpellier - 4x weekly (Seasonal)
15th July - British Airways - Ljubljana - 2x weekly (Seasonal)

eastafspot

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:

So they will switch from LGW to LHR?
If true, it's going to be a great news
Fly with Air Burundi, Air Tanzania, Air Uganda, Kenya Airways and Rwandair...Jumuiya ya Afrika mashariki

DobboDobbo

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 pm

LHR’s assertion that it is full feels rather hollow in light of the body of evidence to the contrary.

klakzky123

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:59 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
LHR’s assertion that it is full feels rather hollow in light of the body of evidence to the contrary.

Well I think it just shows you how dominant BA's slot portfolio is.

DAL763ER

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 pm

eastafspot wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:

Montpellier was never at LGW. They flew it from LHR in 2017, didn't bring it back in 2018, and restarting in 2019.

PatrickZ80

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:03 pm

I'm sure some other fights have been dropped to make room for these flights, however if those aren't mentioned it feels hollow indeed.

PatrickZ80

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:04 pm

DAL763ER wrote:
Montpellier was never at LGW. They flew it from LHR in 2017, didn't bring it back in 2018, and restarting in 2019.

It was at Gatwick, in fact it still is. However not on British Airways, it's EasyJet flying Gatwick - Montpellier.

binayak

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Is there any chance for VS to start another flight to India? Their own partner 9W wanted to start BLR LHR but couldn't because they'd exhausted their flying rights. VS recently cut DXB and the slots of that flight seemed favorable to start this route which 9W couldn't.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

SCQ83

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Tallinn is cancelled and Bilbao is being moved to LGW.

skipness1E

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:25 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:

You know what churn is.
I know you know.
Stop pretending to be naive.

BA are still right sizing the BMI slot portfolio.

DobboDobbo

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 pm

skipness1E wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

You know what churn is.
I know you know.

The truth is that whenever a slot pair is required at LHR, one is found at LHR.

tonyflyboi

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:34 pm

hi guys
BA did fly to Montpellier.from LGW after the take over of DanAir in 1991
route stopped very quickly after the take over..

Richard28

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
skipness1E wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

You know what churn is.
I know you know.

or a frequency/route is dropped from the existing portfolio.

Precious few new slots are found... new routes are mainly at the expense of something else.

fcogafa

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:

Untrue, China Airlines, Cathay, Air China, China Eastern etc etc all would prefer their LGW services to operate from LHR if the slots were available

DobboDobbo

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:08 pm

fcogafa wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

Untrue, China Airlines, Cathay, Air China, China Eastern etc etc all would prefer their LGW services to operate from LHR if the slots were available

Air China is shifting its LGW operation to LHR.

As for the rest, they all (with one exception) operate at LHR already. The exception, China Airlines, discontinued their LHR service some time ago.

Atlwarrior

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:29 am

In Charleston right! The Brits are going to love the city.

Cunard

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 am

tonyflyboi wrote:
hi guys

You know there are some on here who are aware of that fact but that was nearly 28 years ago were discussing new or extra British Airways flights from LHR for summer 2019.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

skipness1E

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am

DobboDobbo wrote:
skipness1E wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:

You know what churn is.
I know you know.

That’s because new entrants get priority from the pool of returned slots via churn. What part of this confuses you?
Cathay offer LGW to compliment LHR, this is rare, among long haul heavies, only EK and QR have taken this route. CI surrendered their leased LHR slots and are now stuck at LGW (for the moment). MU are adding additional PVG-LON into LGW but would move to LHR given half a chance.
None of this is a conspiracy against LGW or MAN spotters, time to change the record.

SeanM1997
Topic Author

Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:44 am

Please can we keep this thread for news about Heathrow new routes and not on attacks on others please

DobboDobbo

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:37 am

skipness1E wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
skipness1E wrote:
You know what churn is.
I know you know.

That’s because new entrants get priority from the pool of returned slots via churn. What part of this confuses you?
Cathay offer LGW to compliment LHR, this is rare, among long haul heavies, only EK and QR have taken this route. CI surrendered their leased LHR slots and are now stuck at LGW (for the moment). MU are adding additional PVG-LON into LGW but would move to LHR given half a chance.
None of this is a conspiracy against LGW or MAN spotters, time to change the record.

Where have I said this is a conspiracy?

I’ll leave it here but you are making a straw man argument.

DobboDobbo

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 am

Cunard wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
fcogafa wrote:

Air China is shifting its LGW operation to LHR.

As for the rest, they all (with one exception) operate at LHR already. The exception, China Airlines, discontinued their LHR service some time ago.

I think it's quite obvious what he was actually saying and it's fairly obvious that he is aware that those airlines bar from China Airlines also operate from LHR.

Read his post again but slowly this time and with no agenda and your get what was meant by his post.

Although I think that Cathay Pacific are quite happy with their LGW flight and would probably retain it regardless of the fact if they could obtain a similar or suitable slot at LHR.

No agenda.

What he has put forward is an unsubstantiated point. I am highlighting a number of points which would appear to undermine the assertion made.

As I say, I’ll leave it here.

BA777FO

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Ljubljana and Montpellier were the latest two BA announcements. Apparently, according the the COO there will be more new route announcements over the coming weeks.

That should start some wild speculation!

SeanM1997
Topic Author

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm

BA777FO wrote:
Ljubljana and Montpellier were the latest two BA announcements. Apparently, according the the COO there will be more new route announcements over the coming weeks.

Gatwick has only seen Kos as a new route in Summer 2019, whilst Almeria and Bilbao will be transferring from Heathrow. I imagine the majority of new route announcements will be from Gatwick.

One heavily rumoured route is Tivat. I think this will be the next route to be launched, but probably from Gatwick

Cunard

Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:38 pm

BA777FO wrote:

The timings for Ljubljana are excellent for a long weekend in what has to be one of Europes hidden little gems, if anyone hasn't been I thoroughly recommend a visit to the capital city of Slovenia which is totally charming and very pleasant indeed and the beautiful Lake Bled is just under two hours away by a local bus and is definitely worth visiting, the scenery is breathtaking.

The schedules are great with flights on a Monday and Friday allowing a long weekend trip or a midweek getaway.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

BA777FO

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:11 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
BA777FO wrote:

Gatwick has only seen Kos as a new route in Summer 2019, whilst Almeria and Bilbao will be transferring from Heathrow. I imagine the majority of new route announcements will be from Gatwick.

One heavily rumoured route is Tivat. I think this will be the next route to be launched, but probably from Gatwick

Gatwick is getting an extra 777 for summer '19, but so far just a lot of frequency additions to CUN, LAS, KIN and MCO. There's certainly some potential for another longhaul route. The problem is going east is a tough nut to crack and going west probably results in a bit of duplication. Then again, Gatwick network planners recently said the summer schedule was just about finalised a couple of months ago so maybe major changes re: Monarch slots will come after all the 777s have been reconfigured.

Cunard

Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Although this is a thread regarding new routes from London Heathrow for summer 2019 I would just like to add,

Regarding the extra B777 at LGW for summer 2019 and new long haul destinations, going east from LGW is a difficult one especially when it comes to suggesting any possible new destinations but going west there are still some possibilities without having to compete with other airlines such as St Vincent especially now that their new international airport is fully operational and I have to say that personally I quite like St Vincent and the Grenadines especially upmarket island retreat ''Young island'', then there's even Quito/Guayaquil in Ecuador a country which is growing in popularity especially regarding eco tourism in a similar way to Costa Rica plus it opens the opportunity for high end eco tourism to the Galápagos Islands.

Although Virgin Atlantic fly to Havana perhaps the destination could be served again by British Airways at some point.

So going west that's

Guayaquil
Havana
Quito
St Vincent

I can't think of anymore possible destinations.

It's a shame that the UK market isn't familiar with Cartegna in Colombia as that would or could be another possibility as it's a huge tourist destination for the Latin American market and a one that's growing in popularity with the Spanish market, it has the colonial old town with the beaches of the Caribbean and the nightlife that's equivalent to Ibiza, needless to say it has a lot to offer (I've been there) :-)

ctrabs0114

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:55 pm

LHR-CHS 2x weekly? That's interesting...
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA

Cunard

Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:40 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:

I'm not sure whether your telling us that or just pointing it out as being interesting!

I'm sure that your fully aware that British Airways LHR-CHS 2 x weekly on B788 was officially announced on 18 October 2018 and there is a dedicated thread here on a.net where it was highly discussed.

BA221 LHR 17.20 CHS 20.20 47 788
BA220 CHS 22.20 LHR 11.50+1 47 788

BA777FO

Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 am

Cunard wrote:
So going west that's

Guayaquil
Havana
Quito
St Vincent

I'm not 100% sure but I think the extra 777 might be a 4-class GE aircraft, so there'll be 6 3-class GEs, 4 3-class RR and 4 4-class GEs. The 4-class without the crew bunk couldn't do South America and I think the 3-class RR are tied up with LIM, MRU, SJO, LAS, possibly an extra couple of frequencies to squeeze out of it?

St. Vincent is probably likely to be a shuttle from ANU if it happens, I know the LGW commercial team went out to SXM a few years ago but nothing came of it. HAV may well be a good fit now the LGW 777s have a less premium configuration. Phuket and Goa have been bandied around for years but I don't think the yirlds are there for the former and airport constraints stop the latter.

From LHR there are still half a dozen US destinations but most would br on the 787-8 and they're just about accounted for too. IND has probably fallen down the list now Delta fly to CDG from there daily. STL is still an option, as is CVG. Not convinced MSP or DTW are high on the list either but are possibilities. Could well be some more juggling with AA too - DFW is set to remain on the W18 timetable on a 777 for S19 instead of the 747.

After all that, it'll probably be something like Gdansk!

SeanM1997
Topic Author

Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:10 am

My guesses for new routes to Heathrow (all airlines):

Short Haul - Eindhoven, Bordeaux, Gdansk, Porto, Seville, Riga, Kerry
Long Haul - St Louis, Lima, Denpasar, Kunming, Sialkot, Kalcutta, Harare

But its always surprising which airline could start a new route, and next year will probably throw some curve balls. After all, who saw Ljubljana coming?

eicvd

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:50 am

Double post.
Last edited by eicvd on Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
COYBIB

eicvd

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:54 am

eicvd wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:

But its always surprising which airline could start a new route, and next year will probably throw some curve balls. After all, who saw Ljubljana coming?

I can’t see KIR happening at all, NOC maybe as IAG could swap the LGW to LHR but still highly unlikely. With Kerry being in the middle of Shannon & Cork there’s no chance EI will start flights from there to anywhere never mind LHR.
COYBIB

SCQ83

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 am

SeanM1997 wrote:

I don't see Riga when Tallinn has recently been dropped. TLL is more popular as a city-break destination.

I could see Seville on LHR. Valencia was moved from LGW to LHR, so I could see the same for SVQ. Seville is awfully popular year-round for Asian, American and British tourists, and it can be easily combined with I2 on MAD-SVQ for connections to the US or Asia.

Bordeaux I think it would also fit on LHR in the "premium weekend getaway category" with the wineries and all that stuff.

Cunard

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 am

SeanM1997 wrote:

As already stated I don't see Kerry at all.

As already stated with Tallin being dropped I also can't see Riga being added, BA do currently code share with Air Baltic from LGW to Riga.

Although not as popular and not as pretty I personally found Riga quite a pleasant city break.

I've always felt that Eindhoven could be a possible addition, if BA can serve Rotterdam I'm sure that Eindhoven could be a contender.

A resumption of Gdansk yes I could see that.

Bordeaux being transferred from LGW to LHR yes as it's an obvious missing link from LHR but along with Porto, Seville that are all currently at LGW if they were to move to LHR I think that would more than likely be in 2020 as I think that any move would have been announced by now.

With regards to your long haul suggestions,

I should imagine in reality that St Louis will be the next US destination for BA and or even Cincinnati.

A resumption of Kalcutta although it's low yield the possibility is there.

Lima being transferred from LGW to LHR and going year round is another possibility.

Bit too soon for Harare in my opinion.

The ones that I don't see are Denpasar, Kunming, Sialkot.

But it's always interesting to speculate on future destinations for British Airways more so than any other airline in my opinion.

Cunard

Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:06 pm

BA777FO wrote:
Cunard wrote:
So going west that's

Guayaquil
Havana
Quito
St Vincent

I'm not 100% sure but I think the extra 777 might be a 4-class GE aircraft, so there'll be 6 3-class GEs, 4 3-class RR and 4 4-class GEs. The 4-class without the crew bunk couldn't do South America and I think the 3-class RR are tied up with LIM, MRU, SJO, LAS, possibly an extra couple of frequencies to squeeze out of it?

St. Vincent is probably likely to be a shuttle from ANU if it happens, I know the LGW commercial team went out to SXM a few years ago but nothing came of it. HAV may well be a good fit now the LGW 777s have a less premium configuration. Phuket and Goa have been bandied around for years but I don't think the yirlds are there for the former and airport constraints stop the latter.

From LHR there are still half a dozen US destinations but most would br on the 787-8 and they're just about accounted for too. IND has probably fallen down the list now Delta fly to CDG from there daily. STL is still an option, as is CVG. Not convinced MSP or DTW are high on the list either but are possibilities. Could well be some more juggling with AA too - DFW is set to remain on the W18 timetable on a 777 for S19 instead of the 747.

Interesting analysis and I agree with everything that you have wrote but with regards to SXM,

Although SXM as the airport on a divided island in the Dutch Antilles with St Maartin being on the Dutch side and Sint Maartin being on the French side it's a lovely island with a great mix of cultures although very separate with the Dutch side definitely being different to the French side but personally I just can't see it as being a destination for British Airways I never have done and I think that the majority of posters on airliners.net only suggest it because of Maho Beach and the famous jet blast but it doesn't really offer a lot to the British tourist although I think that St Vincent does plus with some VFR I think that's a far more probable future destination in the Caribbean for British Airways than St Maarten would be.

St Vincent Airport doesn't just serve the main island of St Vincent it's the main airport for others including the beautiful island of Bequia as well as the many islands within the Grenadines which by the way are absolutely beautiful and far different to the likes of St Kitts or St Lucia.

(not saying that those two islands aren't beautiful especially not St Kitts) :-)

ctrabs0114

Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:52 pm

Cunard wrote:
ctrabs0114 wrote:

I'm not sure whether your telling us that or just pointing it out as being interesting!

I'm sure that your fully aware that British Airways LHR-CHS 2 x weekly on B788 was officially announced on 18 October 2018 and there is a dedicated thread here on a.net where it was highly discussed.

BA221 LHR 17.20 CHS 20.20 47 788
BA220 CHS 22.20 LHR 11.50+1 47 788

I missed that announcement and I just found CHS to be an unusual destination for BA.
2018: BWI, PIT, MDW, MCI, STL, DAL, ATL, BNA

Cunard

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Considering the fact that you missed the announcement regarding BA and CHS It might be worth your while reading the dedicated thread regarding as it might give you a better insight!

My first port of call on a daily basis before visiting airliners.net are the following two websites.

ch.aviation followed by routesonline

Just a bit of advice but if you just check those two sites on a daily or at least on a regular basis your keep upto date with what's going on and therefore not miss any announcements regarding airlines and routes.

BA777FO

Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Cunard wrote:
BA777FO wrote:
Cunard wrote:
So going west that's

Guayaquil
Havana
Quito
St Vincent

Interesting analysis and I agree with everything that you have wrote but with regards to SXM,

Although SXM as the airport on a divided island in the Dutch Antilles with St Maartin being on the Dutch side and Sint Maartin being on the French side it's a lovely island with a great mix of cultures although very separate with the Dutch side definitely being different to the French side but personally I just can't see it as being a destination for British Airways I never have done and I think that the majority of posters on airliners.net only suggest it because of Maho Beach and the famous jet blast but it doesn't really offer a lot to the British tourist although I think that St Vincent does plus with some VFR I think that's a far more probable future destination in the Caribbean for British Airways than St Maarten would be.

St Vincent Airport doesn't just serve the main island of St Vincent it's the main airport for others including the beautiful island of Bequia as well as the many islands within the Grenadines which by the way are absolutely beautiful and far different to the likes of St Kitts or St Lucia.

(not saying that those two islands aren't beautiful especially not St Kitts) :-)

I think that's all true, St. Maarten isn't on the radar of many Brits, I think the Head of Commercial Gatwick at the time was there on a jolly with their tourist board! POS shuttles do well, I'm not sure the demand for a direct flight is there though. Caribbean Airways did for a little while. I do wonder if NAS-GCM might move to LGW? The connections at Heathrow might be too much of a requirement for its commercial success though. SEZ is the other possibility - BA could probably convince BALPA to put it on an unbunked aircraft for a little extra credit as with Cancun. St Vincent as a shuttle from ANU would work well to test the water definitely. A return to Montego Bay could be a good shout too and Havana with the new densified config. There was a crewmour of Bogota but I just can't see it, not from Gatwick anyway. Not sure if they'd consider DEN or YYC for ski season? I think they'd rather avoid much more duplication though.

For Heathrow, Islamabad would be high up on the list if security issues could be resolved. Unfortunately I think Calcutta, Dhaka, Vietnam and elsewhere in Thailand would be seen as too low-yielding. There may well be more seasonal leisure flying (the now typical Tuesday or Wednesday plus a Sunday departure) to a few more Greek islands. Bordeaux may well move to LHR, it'd follow MRS ans TLS up the road in recent times but would add more seasonality to LGW short haul, which is a bit of a problem at the moment.

Probably a lot of tinkering around the edges until the bulk of A350s and 787-10s are delivered.

BML87

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:04 pm

Edmonton on either AC or BA.

SurlyBonds

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:36 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
Tallinn is cancelled...

Do you mean BA is discontinuing service to Tallinn outright? Why?

dtw2hyd

Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Pencil it in as rumor
Air India - Chennai(MAA), Hyderabad (HYD)

From the horse's mouth, he seems to be confident about securing LHR slots.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/video/u ... 2018-11-08

windian425

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 am

Would love to see a SVD addon with the LGW-BGI-LGW rotations.

skipness1E

Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:37 am

Air India have dropped their AMD-LHR-EWR for a BLR-LHR-AMD and vice versa.

AstanaMagic

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am

SCQ83 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:

I don't see Riga when Tallinn has recently been dropped. TLL is more popular as a city-break destination.

I could see Seville on LHR. Valencia was moved from LGW to LHR, so I could see the same for SVQ. Seville is awfully popular year-round for Asian, American and British tourists, and it can be easily combined with I2 on MAD-SVQ for connections to the US or Asia.

Bordeaux I think it would also fit on LHR in the "premium weekend getaway category" with the wineries and all that stuff.

I would be very happy to see the current BA LGW-SVQ route move to LHR, with BA. I would not be very happy if IB, I2 or VY took on the route, all three of these carriers represent the worst of Spain, in terms of customer experience.
AGP, ALA, AMS, DXB, FRA, GIB, GUW, GYD, HRK, IEV, KBP, KIH, LCY, LGW, LHR, LIN, MAD, MAN, MCT, MUC, SCO, SVQ, TBS, THR, TLV, TSE, URA, XRY, ZAG

GSTBA

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:40 am

BA777FO wrote:

He did say that, but as some have already people have already posted, what he didn’t say was what airport the new routes would be operating from. BA still have a number of the ex Monarch slots still to fill.

I have heard that nearly if not all the routes to be announced will be to new shorthaul destinations. As already mentioned Tivat in Montenegro is highly likely to be one of the destinations announced. Other destinations that I have heard BA are looking to serve are:

Agadir (AGA) - Morocco is very popular destination due to its climate. If announced this would be a Service resumption.
Casablanca (CMN) - Future Oneworld alliance member, Royal Air Marroc’s main hub. BA are likely to return there very soon.
Lamezia Terme (SUF) - In southern Italy.
Zadar (ZAD)- Croatia’s tourism industry continues to grow. In particular in the cities along the Dalmatian coast.

SCQ83

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 am

AstanaMagic wrote:
I would be very happy to see the current BA LGW-SVQ route move to LHR, with BA. I would not be very happy if IB, I2 or VY took on the route, all three of these carriers represent the worst of Spain, in terms of customer experience.

Iberia/VY do not serve LHR unless it is subsidised. It was the case with I2 with OVD-LHR (subsidised; the subsidy ran out and the route was chopped) or Vueling's LCG-LHR where the city council of A Coruña has recently renewed their subsidy. For some reason, some provincial towns in Spain are obsessed with flights to Heathrow even if they don't provide much connectivity.

GSTBA wrote:
Agadir (AGA) - Morocco is very popular destination due to its climate. If announced this would be a Service resumption.
Casablanca (CMN) - Future Oneworld alliance member, Royal Air Marroc’s main hub. BA are likely to return there very soon.
Lamezia Terme (SUF) - In southern Italy.
Zadar (ZAD)- Croatia’s tourism industry continues to grow. In particular in the cities along the Dalmatian coast.

Those seem quite logical additions. Morocco, Southern Italy and Croatia are fast-growing holiday destinations. I2 recently announced MAD-ZAD, so having BA onboard would only make sense. Wouldn't AGA make more sense from LGW? From my understanding, Agadir is kind of a "cheap" holiday destination. I know BA started recently LHR-RAK, but Marrakech can be quite a high-end place.

bananaboy

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:44 am

Cunard wrote:
tonyflyboi wrote:
hi guys

You know there are some on here who are aware of that fact but that was nearly 28 years ago were discussing new or extra British Airways flights from LHR for summer 2019.

FYI this...

tonyflyboi wrote:
hi guys

...was in response to this...

DAL763ER wrote:
eastafspot wrote:

Just to correct you as per the OP, this thread is about all new LHR routes, not just "discussing new or extra British Airways flights from LHR for Summer 2019."

Cunard wrote:
Considering the fact that you missed the announcement regarding BA and CHS It might be worth your while reading the dedicated thread regarding as it might give you a better insight!

My first port of call on a daily basis before visiting airliners.net are the following two websites.

ch.aviation followed by routesonline

Just a bit of advice but if you just check those two sites on a daily or at least on a regular basis your keep upto date with what's going on and therefore not miss any announcements regarding airlines and routes.

Just some advice..I would always recommend reading the entire thread you're posting in. It's easy to miss information found elsewhere but kinda unforgivable if you just don't read what's above you on the same page.

Back to the topic...

Great to see LJU addition - I agree that it's a gem of a destination and those timings are great for leisure. I hope Chengdu survives long term too - gives a new take on "Panda Express!" :D

Am I allowed to speculate? What chances would a season Antalya / Izmir have from Heathrow? I know BA have Dalaman from Gatwick but Dalaman is a smaller city than both.

Mark
All my life, I've been kissing, your top lip 'cause your bottom one's missing

LuxuryTravelled

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:59 am

GSTBA - I wouldnt be surprised if both Zadar and Lamezia Terme would be connected to Neilson’s, and maybe converting a charter into a scheduled service. They ran a Lamezia flight this year for Neilson, whilst they operated Zadar from Stansted with Titan, but I could easily see that being moved over.

Absolutely can’t see Eindhoven, Riga, Kerry or Gdańsk happening. BA failed with Rotterdam which is argueably the second choice behind Schipol, they have a codeshare to Riga with Air Baltic from LGW - there can’t be a big enough market for the both of them. Kerry and Gdańsk, both very marginal - not touristy or business which seems to be the LHR philosophy (not really VFR).

For winter 19/20, really wouldnt be surprised if they tried something like Roveniemi + Agadir and/or Casablanca.

Bananaboy - I think if BA were to introduce another Turkish route, I think it will be Bodrum - it ties into the ‘Premium Leisure’ market more. Although Antalya is certainly building its golfing presence.

SeanM1997
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 am

Also, just to correct you as per the OP, this thread is about all new LHR routes, not just "discussing new or extra British Airways flights from LHR for Summer 2019."

Back to the topic...

Great to see LJU addition - I agree that it's a gem of a destination and those timings are great for leisure. I hope Chengdu survives long term too - gives a new take on "Panda Express!" :D

Am I allowed to speculate? What chances would a season Antalya / Izmir have from Heathrow? I know BA have Dalaman from Gatwick but Dalaman is a smaller city than both.

Mark[/quote]

I would say it is unlikely from Heathrow that Antalya or Izmir would be launched from Heathrow. Turkish is starting a new Gatwick-Ankara and I would say that was the most likely new Turkish route to reach Heathrow.

British Airways have a number of seasonal routes, but are mainly used on A320 and flights are approximately 2 hours long in order to land at the correct times for reusing the planes or before the evening curfew

LuxuryTravelled

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 am

Sean - RE Dalaman, as a tourist destination is argueably larger than either Izmir or Antalya - close to the large resort of Marmaris (big for the British), but also Olu Deniz, Fetiyhe and Kalkan (also a very popular place for the British).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos