Blueknows
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:31 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 am

https://www.thomascookairlines.com/en/c ... -heathrow/

https://www.thomascookairlines.com/en/c ... -heathrow/
Go to FAQ look at flight schedules. LHR IS NOT LISTED AS CITY THEY FLY.
Look at there posted schedule no
Listing of these flights leaving from LHR..i wonder who got those slots ????
 
fcogafa
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:50 am

If you select a date you will see the Montego Bay 'TCX' flights are on Lufthansa via FRA
 
ORDfan101
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Is Eilat a possibility? On BA or Arkia/israir?
 
Cunard
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:11 pm

ORDfan101 wrote:
Is Eilat a possibility? On BA or Arkia/israir?


I honestly can't see British Airways flying to Eilat and even if they did it would more than likely be a seasonal route and be better suited from LGW than LHR.

Arkia use STN as their London gateway with direct flights to Tel Aviv, a flight direct to Eilat could be a possibility.

Israir are in financial difficulties so I wouldn't count on them starting Eilat especially from LHR.

Perhaps El AL could operate at least a weekly flight direct from LHR to Eilat, they did many years ago.

With the new airport at Eilat opening I'm sure that the airport authorities would like to secure a direct link to LHR even if it was seasonal.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
ORDfan101
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:14 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Cunard wrote:
ORDfan101 wrote:
Is Eilat a possibility? On BA or Arkia/israir?


I honestly can't see British Airways flying to Eilat and even if they did it would more than likely be a seasonal route and be better suited from LGW than LHR.

Arkia use STN as their London gateway with direct flights to Tel Aviv, a flight direct to Eilat could be a possibility.

Israir are in financial difficulties so I wouldn't count on them starting Eilat especially from LHR.

Perhaps El AL could operate at least a weekly flight direct from LHR to Eilat, they did many years ago.

With the new airport at Eilat opening I'm sure that the airport authorities would like to secure a direct link to LHR even if it was seasonal.

Eilat is very seasonal so yes I’d assume that any service would be seasonal
 
AA94
Posts: 722
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:07 pm

The notion that B6 would buy MT is nonsensical. The last thing Blue needs is to acquire a British holiday airline with a net debt well north of £1 billion. There are certainly cheaper ways of acquiring LHR slots if Blue really wanted to fight for them, but I could see them heading to LGW in order to operate a more competitive schedule.

I suppose STN could be a viable option given the direct connection to Liverpool Street. LCY is definitely out of the picture as the A321 isn't certified on that approach.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:12 am

AA94 wrote:
The notion that B6 would buy MT is nonsensical. The last thing Blue needs is to acquire a British holiday airline with a net debt well north of £1 billion. There are certainly cheaper ways of acquiring LHR slots if Blue really wanted to fight for them, but I could see them heading to LGW in order to operate a more competitive schedule.

I suppose STN could be a viable option given the direct connection to Liverpool Street. LCY is definitely out of the picture as the A321 isn't certified on that approach.


Of course it's nonsensical especially as MT doesn't even serve LHR so there are no slots anyway.

I seriously don't know why the link to MT was added to this thread in the first place as it has absolutely no relevance to LHR.

As you've already mentioned there is no reason whatsoever why JetBlue would be interested in MT and why should they be for so many reasons as you've stated.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 pm

Winter 2019 - American Airlines:
INCREASES:
London Heathrow to Miami - 1 to 2 daily
London Heathrow to Phoenix - 0 to 1 daily (continuation of S19 flights)

DECREASES:
London Heathrow to Philadelphia - 2 to 1 daily
London Heathrow to New York JFK - 4 to 3 daily

More information on my twitter: https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 2691671040
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 am

From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904
 
User avatar
EastLondoner
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:24 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904


Interesting, I would have thought it would make more sense to fly Dammam first then add Bahrain as the tag along instead due to Geographical location.
 
User avatar
B742
Posts: 3590
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:48 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:35 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904

Nice addition. That makes JED/RUH/DMM/BAH/KWI/AUH/DXB/MCT/DOH all in the Gulf region from LHR on BA now.
 
FromCDGtoSYD
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:29 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:24 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904


Wait so... will this be a 30 min flight ?
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:50 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
FromCDGtoSYD wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904


Wait so... will this be a 30 min flight ?


My tweet has the timings but is around 40 minutes Bahrain to Damamm and 50 minutes back. There is also no fifth freedom on the route
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 pm

B742 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904

Nice addition. That makes JED/RUH/DMM/BAH/KWI/AUH/DXB/MCT/DOH all in the Gulf region from LHR on BA now.


British Airways Gulf flights:
Jeddah - Daily
Riyadh - Daily
Dammam - Daily via Bahrain (from 1 December)
Bahrain - Daily
Kuwait - Daily
Abu Dhabi - Daily
Dubai - 19 weekly S19, 3 daily W19
Muscat - 4 weekly winter seasonal
Doha - Daily + 6 daily QR codeshare
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:57 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
FromCDGtoSYD wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
From 1 December 2019, British Airways London Heathrow - Bahrain will be extended to Dammam on B777-200:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3574523904


Wait so... will this be a 30 min flight ?


My tweet has the timings but is around 40 minutes Bahrain to Damamm and 50 minutes back. There is also no fifth freedom on the route


So they now fly to bahrain twice daily - or is the direct BAH being dropped?

Be worth taking the indirect route just to get some extra tier points.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
FromCDGtoSYD wrote:

Wait so... will this be a 30 min flight ?


My tweet has the timings but is around 40 minutes Bahrain to Damamm and 50 minutes back. There is also no fifth freedom on the route


So they now fly to bahrain twice daily - or is the direct BAH being dropped?

Be worth taking the indirect route just to get some extra tier points.


The British Airways Bahrain route is replaced by LHR-BAH-DMM
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]

My tweet has the timings but is around 40 minutes Bahrain to Damamm and 50 minutes back. There is also no fifth freedom on the route


So they now fly to bahrain twice daily - or is the direct BAH being dropped?

Be worth taking the indirect route just to get some extra tier points.


The British Airways Bahrain route is replaced by LHR-BAH-DMM


Thought so. I’m sure BAH used to be paired with MCT or AUH?
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
BA777FO
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

So they now fly to bahrain twice daily - or is the direct BAH being dropped?

Be worth taking the indirect route just to get some extra tier points.


The British Airways Bahrain route is replaced by LHR-BAH-DMM


Thought so. I’m sure BAH used to be paired with MCT or AUH?


The Middle East shuttles used to be BAH-DOH and AUH-MCT.
 
Cunard
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 pm

This will actually be a resumption of service by British Airways as they previously flew to DMM as did British Caledonian Airways (from 1984 to 1988).

DMM was also previously served by British Midland.

Good to see British Airways adding another destination within the region and not surprising that it's an add on from BAH considering the geographical distance plus I shouldn't imagine that BAH is one of the best performers for the airline within the Gulf region.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:07 pm

BA777FO wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:

The British Airways Bahrain route is replaced by LHR-BAH-DMM


Thought so. I’m sure BAH used to be paired with MCT or AUH?


The Middle East shuttles used to be BAH-DOH and AUH-MCT.


Ahh Doha that was it.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 am

Virgin Atlantic to launch a new route today, to a new continent in the Southern Hemisphere.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:37 am

Arion640 wrote:
Virgin Atlantic to launch a new route today, to a new continent in the Southern Hemisphere.


It'll be Sao Paulo. Just got to wait for the details now
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:27 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
Virgin Atlantic to launch a new route today, to a new continent in the Southern Hemisphere.


It'll be Sao Paulo. Just got to wait for the details now


Can’t say I saw this one coming if i’m honest.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:41 am

Juneyao Airlines have submitted an application to the CAAC for 4x weekly flights between Nanjing and London from November 2019

Beijing Capital Airlines have also submitted a bid for 3x weekly flights between Hangzhou and London from March 2020

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 16992?s=19
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:08 am

Virgin Atlantic to launch London Heathrow to Sao Paulo in 2020 on the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 0469155840
 
by738
Posts: 2952
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 pm

What is this we hear of all AA Transatlantic ops at LHR moving to T5B
The current stand availability and holding for gate is bad enough at peaks as it without that lot.
Assumption is that other T5 BA will move to T3 which is bad news for a transfer experience. So much for the exclusive home of BA.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:43 pm

by738 wrote:
What is this we hear of all AA Transatlantic ops at LHR moving to T5B
The current stand availability and holding for gate is bad enough at peaks as it without that lot.
Assumption is that other T5 BA will move to T3 which is bad news for a transfer experience. So much for the exclusive home of BA.


Do you have a source to this?
 
zm093
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:14 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]

My tweet has the timings but is around 40 minutes Bahrain to Damamm and 50 minutes back. There is also no fifth freedom on the route


So they now fly to bahrain twice daily - or is the direct BAH being dropped?

Be worth taking the indirect route just to get some extra tier points.


The British Airways Bahrain route is replaced by LHR-BAH-DMM


One thing worth noting: To cross into Bahrain from Saudi, it would take hours at the border. So it's really convenient.

Source: I grew up there and endured a 4 hour wait to cross into Bahrain to fly to IST on TK (long before TK started flying to DMM)
 
mattyfitzg
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:54 pm

AA94 wrote:
The notion that B6 would buy MT is nonsensical. The last thing Blue needs is to acquire a British holiday airline with a net debt well north of £1 billion. There are certainly cheaper ways of acquiring LHR slots if Blue really wanted to fight for them, but I could see them heading to LGW in order to operate a more competitive schedule.

I suppose STN could be a viable option given the direct connection to Liverpool Street. LCY is definitely out of the picture as the A321 isn't certified on that approach.



Thomas Cook Airlines aren't in £1billion debt, they are profitable, it's the Thomas Cook Group which is in debt.

STN I guess would be the most viable to B6, but would they follow in the fateful footsteps of Primera??
 
Cunard
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:08 am

I don't think that the downfall of Primera would have a detrimental affect on B6 starting transatlantic operations to Stansted.

B6 are an extremely well known and a very well established airline in the USA with lots of feed, Primera was not in that situation.

Stansted is the most obvious choice for B6 when it comes to the airline deciding upon their airport of choice for London when they finally announce their intentions of flying transatlantic from Boston and New York JFK which by all accounts is supposed be made official on the 10 April 2019.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:56 pm

China Southern New route: Guangzhou - Zhengzhou - London Heathrow will launch 2x weekly flights from 25 June 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 06432?s=19
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:02 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
China Southern New route: Guangzhou - Zhengzhou - London Heathrow will launch 2x weekly flights from 25 June 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 06432?s=19


Lets keep those Chinese tourists coming and spending...
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
steeler83
Posts: 7609
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:06 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Over in the PIT discussion thread is an article about the anticipated relaunch of BA's LHR-PIT service beginning next week. According to a BA spokesman, they're happy with how early bookings are going for this service. Not only is local traffic booking these flights, but they're getting a lot of connections to/from other parts of Europe and the Middle East. This will be a good route to follow!

For kicks, here is that link to the PG article:
https://www.post-gazette.com/business/d ... 1903270082
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Flybe to launch a new London Heathrow (LHR) to Isle of Man (IOM) daily flight from 21 April 2019. These slots are obtained from Jet Airways LHR-BOM flights:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 6658779136

Flybe will now have 15 daily (12 on Saturday) slots at Heathrow - 6 Edinburgh (EDI), 4 Newquay (NQY) 3 Aberdeen (ABZ), 1 Guernsey (GCI) and 1 Isle of Man (IOM)
 
8herveg
Posts: 1363
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:01 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:38 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Flybe to launch a new London Heathrow (LHR) to Isle of Man (IOM) daily flight from 21 April 2019. These slots are obtained from Jet Airways LHR-BOM flights:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 6658779136

Flybe will now have 15 daily (12 on Saturday) slots at Heathrow - 6 Edinburgh (EDI), 4 Newquay (NQY) 3 Aberdeen (ABZ), 1 Guernsey (GCI) and 1 Isle of Man (IOM)


Great news. 3 new domestic destinations from LHR launching this year.

Not sure if the IOM timings are good or not? I guess it's all they could get, but better than nothing.

Would be good to get a link to/from LDY and JER - I'm guessing these are the ones which would have the most demand to LHR? LPL is probably too close to MAN. Maybe DCA or HUY? Or are they too close to MAN and LBA?
 
Cunard
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:29 pm

8herveg wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Flybe to launch a new London Heathrow (LHR) to Isle of Man (IOM) daily flight from 21 April 2019. These slots are obtained from Jet Airways LHR-BOM flights:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 6658779136

Flybe will now have 15 daily (12 on Saturday) slots at Heathrow - 6 Edinburgh (EDI), 4 Newquay (NQY) 3 Aberdeen (ABZ), 1 Guernsey (GCI) and 1 Isle of Man (IOM)


Great news. 3 new domestic destinations from LHR launching this year.

Not sure if the IOM timings are good or not? I guess it's all they could get, but better than nothing.

Would be good to get a link to/from LDY and JER - I'm guessing these are the ones which would have the most demand to LHR? LPL is probably too close to MAN. Maybe DCA or HUY? Or are they too close to MAN and LBA?


I think your find that DCA is actually closer to IAD than either MAN and LBA, DSA is the correct code for Doncaster!

I don't think either DSA or HUY have the same demand to warrant a flight to LHR, using slots to those two airports would be totally pointless.

Good news for LHR in gaining another domestic destination but surely JER has to be next.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:02 pm

8herveg wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Flybe to launch a new London Heathrow (LHR) to Isle of Man (IOM) daily flight from 21 April 2019. These slots are obtained from Jet Airways LHR-BOM flights:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 6658779136

Flybe will now have 15 daily (12 on Saturday) slots at Heathrow - 6 Edinburgh (EDI), 4 Newquay (NQY) 3 Aberdeen (ABZ), 1 Guernsey (GCI) and 1 Isle of Man (IOM)


Great news. 3 new domestic destinations from LHR launching this year.

Not sure if the IOM timings are good or not? I guess it's all they could get, but better than nothing.

Would be good to get a link to/from LDY and JER - I'm guessing these are the ones which would have the most demand to LHR? LPL is probably too close to MAN. Maybe DCA or HUY? Or are they too close to MAN and LBA?


Isle of Man flight is relatively good for connections. 1510 arrival, 1705 departure. Based on Flybe connections:
Emirates - 1655 departure (1h45m wait), 1425 arrival (2h40m wait)
Singapore Airlines - 2050 departure (5h40m wait), 1540 arrival (1h25m wait)
Virgin Atlantic (New York on Delta) - 1730 departure (2h40 min wait), 1110 arrival (4h wait)
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Shenzhen Airlines will launch a 4th daily London Heathrow - Shenzhen in Winter 2019, with the airline looking for daily flights by January 2020 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 7297013762

Hainan Airlines and Tianjin Airlines have also applied for Guiyang - London route. Hainan are seeking 2x weekly from June 2019, whilst Tianjin are seeking 1x weekly from October 2019 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 4547628033
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:42 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Shenzhen Airlines will launch a 4th daily London Heathrow - Shenzhen in Winter 2019, with the airline looking for daily flights by January 2020 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 7297013762

Hainan Airlines and Tianjin Airlines have also applied for Guiyang - London route. Hainan are seeking 2x weekly from June 2019, whilst Tianjin are seeking 1x weekly from October 2019 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 4547628033


Should say 4th weekly not daily
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Delta to operate all Boeing 767-400ER from Boston (daily) and New York JFK (2x daily) from London Heathrow in Winter 2019. These flights will have 238 in total - 34 Delta One, 20 Delta Premium, 28 Delta Comfort Plus and 156 main cabin. These will be on refurbished aircraft as current 767-400 are in a different configuration
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Can somebody fix London Heathrow's airlines and destinations passenger table - its gone weird, and don't know who has done it or what they have done. If somone could fix it, then I would appreciate it :)
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:50 pm

Jet Airways have given back their 3 remaining slots at London Heathrow to Etihad Airways. It seems Jet Airways are on the verge of collapsing.

Etihad will need to do something with the slots. They could use them themselves and have 6 daily flights to Abu Dhabi - but probably would struggle to fill the planes. Alternatively, they could lease or sell the slots to another airline - as a 7am arrival into LHR would be very desirable. I think Virgin/Delta/Flybe will be desperate for these slots:

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 8384820224
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

China Eastern have been granted rights for an additional 7 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong London - at present they have 10 (7LHR and 3 LGW) so this will total 17 from September 2019

Air China have been granted rights for 4 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong and London from September 2019

China Eastern have been granted rights for 7 weekly flights between Kunming and London from October 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3680918529
 
User avatar
B742
Posts: 3590
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:48 am

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
China Eastern have been granted rights for an additional 7 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong London - at present they have 10 (7LHR and 3 LGW) so this will total 17 from September 2019

Air China have been granted rights for 4 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong and London from September 2019

China Eastern have been granted rights for 7 weekly flights between Kunming and London from October 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 3680918529

So does that imply that Juneyao Airlines miss out on their 3x weekly PVG-LHR application? I assume the same for Shanghai Airlines/China Southern too?

Quite a bit of capacity on LON-PVG.
 
jumpjets
Posts: 1422
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
China Eastern have been granted rights for an additional 7 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong London - at present they have 10 (7LHR and 3 LGW) so this will total 17 from September 2019

Air China have been granted rights for 4 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong and London from September 2019


That will bring the number of flights between LHR and PVG on Chinese Airlines upto the same level as UK Airlines. This summer BA/VS offer 17 flights a week, and these additions bring Chinese airlines up to 18 flights.

Though as far as Beijing is concerned the balance is very much in Chinas favour ,21 flights, compared to the UKs 7 - presumably the rights for extra flights to Beijing on UK carriers exist but they dont see enough demand to take them up.
 
fcogafa
Posts: 1171
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:41 am

Not necessarily LHR though unless they can get more slots
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:09 pm

jumpjets wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
China Eastern have been granted rights for an additional 7 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong London - at present they have 10 (7LHR and 3 LGW) so this will total 17 from September 2019

Air China have been granted rights for 4 weekly flights between Shanghai Pudong and London from September 2019


That will bring the number of flights between LHR and PVG on Chinese Airlines upto the same level as UK Airlines. This summer BA/VS offer 17 flights a week, and these additions bring Chinese airlines up to 18 flights.

Though as far as Beijing is concerned the balance is very much in Chinas favour ,21 flights, compared to the UKs 7 - presumably the rights for extra flights to Beijing on UK carriers exist but they dont see enough demand to take them up.


Lets keep those Chinese tourists spending.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
SeanM1997
Topic Author
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:25 am

Current news/route changes not covered on here:

- British Airways will add 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Mumbai (BOM) from 2 June 2019 on B787-9
- British Airways will drop 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Johannesburg (JNB) from 30 May 2019 on B787-9

China Southern have today applied to the CAAC for 7x weekly flights between London and Beijing Daxing (PKX) from September 2019 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 1734554624
 
Arion640
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:59 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
Current news/route changes not covered on here:

- British Airways will add 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Mumbai (BOM) from 2 June 2019 on B787-9
- British Airways will drop 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Johannesburg (JNB) from 30 May 2019 on B787-9

China Southern have today applied to the CAAC for 7x weekly flights between London and Beijing Daxing (PKX) from September 2019 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 1734554624


Interesting BA have dropped the 787 flight, i wonder if it will be back for peak season.
223 319 320 321 333 346 359 388 733 73G 738 744 752 753 763 764 772 77E 773 77W 788 789 MD83 E145 E175 E195 RJ85 F70 DH8C DH8D AT75

Brexit - It’s time for global Britain.
 
BA777FO
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: London Heathrow (LHR) 2019 New Routes

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am

Arion640 wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Current news/route changes not covered on here:

- British Airways will add 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Mumbai (BOM) from 2 June 2019 on B787-9
- British Airways will drop 4x weekly flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Johannesburg (JNB) from 30 May 2019 on B787-9

China Southern have today applied to the CAAC for 7x weekly flights between London and Beijing Daxing (PKX) from September 2019 - https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 1734554624


Interesting BA have dropped the 787 flight, i wonder if it will be back for peak season.


I think it will be - loads have been good. This switch is to take advantage of the reduction in capacity due to the Jet Airways shutdown and is about the best BA can do with limited airframes at short notice.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos