Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
TWA302
Topic Author
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Just saw this posted on Twitter. Swift runs tons of pro and college sports charters as well as as vacation charters. Swift acquired EA part 2. I guess this just gives them some more cash? Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FlySwiftAir/status/1072966675245531143
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:09 pm

very interesting. You never know what ideas they might have up their sleeve. Hopefully someone on here can speculate better than us.
 
wrongwayup
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Anyone know anything more about iAero Group? First I've heard of them.
 
User avatar
TWA302
Topic Author
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:52 pm

wrongwayup wrote:
Anyone know anything more about iAero Group? First I've heard of them.

Apparently it is a new venture start this year.

http://aviationweek.com/awinbizav/new-aviation-rollup-iaero-group-adds-charter-business-swift-air. REQUIRES SUBSCRIPTON.

Really interested in seeing what transpires.
 
deltadudejg
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Never heard of iAero Group, google search didn't return anything either. Curious what will come of this
Aviation Enthusiast working in Airport Operations
 
User avatar
September11
Posts: 3661
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:28 pm

TWA302 wrote:
Just saw this posted on Twitter. Swift runs tons of pro and college sports charters as well as as vacation charters. Swift acquired EA part 2. I guess this just gives them some more cash? Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FlySwiftAir/status/1072966675245531143


I don't think EA is part of Swift Air now.
Airliners.net of the Future
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10699
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:41 pm

September11 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Just saw this posted on Twitter. Swift runs tons of pro and college sports charters as well as as vacation charters. Swift acquired EA part 2. I guess this just gives them some more cash? Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FlySwiftAir/status/1072966675245531143


I don't think EA is part of Swift Air now.

EA is part of Swift Air. Swift Air is licensing the Eastern IP to Dynamic (which is owned by one of Swift Air’s I guess now former co-owners?) however. EA’s 737s and any contracts are all Swift’s.
 
User avatar
September11
Posts: 3661
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:46 pm

Polot wrote:
September11 wrote:
TWA302 wrote:
Just saw this posted on Twitter. Swift runs tons of pro and college sports charters as well as as vacation charters. Swift acquired EA part 2. I guess this just gives them some more cash? Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FlySwiftAir/status/1072966675245531143


I don't think EA is part of Swift Air now.

EA is part of Swift Air. Swift Air is licensing the Eastern IP to Dynamic (which is owned by one of Swift Air’s I guess now former co-owners?) however. EA’s 737s and any contracts are all Swift’s.


Smells like the days of Texas Air....
Airliners.net of the Future
 
F9Animal
Posts: 4434
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:13 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:58 am

So, we have a very confusing identity crisis going on. Swift Air, Eastern with Swift paint on the plane, and Eastern with a Swift logo. Maybe they can slap an iAero decal on the planes just to really confuse the travelers!

Sounds like the Frontier/Midwest/Republic disaster. LOL! I remember when we had a Frontier Embraer 190, flying as Midwest, operated by Republic. Then at the next gate we had a Midwest painted 190, operating a Frontier flight, operated by Republic. It was confusing to put the bags on the plane to say the least.
I Am A Different Animal!!
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:14 am

iAero sure is the "leader" in everything they do... lots of "leading.." or "leader" in that press release. Someone drink too much during PR 101 class?
xx
 
wjcandee
Posts: 9039
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2000 12:50 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 am

The whole thing is an ego bath for a couple of guys with varying experience that touches aviation. Doerr is the former EVP on the sales/marketing side of Air Methods (helicopter co) who was reasonably successful making over $1mm in recent annual total compensation. Ashcroft is a "serial entrepreneur" who touched aviation with his involvement in JumpJet, a fly-private-at-commercial-prices idea.

The press release reflects the look-at-me nature of the effort. Lotsa guys want to be Aviation Moguls. Most don't ultimately make it. The last group at Eastern/Swift/Dynamic could probably call it even, which in this business isn't bad. But of course Eastern never became what they were dreaming it would. I do like the blended Swift/Eastern logo with the new colors. Hope they keep that.

Good luck to them. But the whole idea of an "i" in front of the name makes me think this is gonna end up more like Theranos and less like Bethune at Continental. We'll see...
 
User avatar
TWA302
Topic Author
Posts: 752
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Swift Air acquired by iAero Group

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Does WQ release financials? Not finding anything since they are an LLC, but does anyone have any financial health stats for them?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos