Corpsnerd09
Topic Author
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 pm

AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Announced internally for summer 2019, flights go on sale the 17th.

AA22 DFW 2020 CDG 1245
AA23 CDG 1525 DFW 1850

AA156 DFW 2050 MAD 1205
AA157 MAD 1655 DFW 2020

These are in addition to the current flights.

Also announced:
DFWSBP
DFWMYR
DFWMDT
DFWSTS
DFWFCA (new destination)

DCAMLB

LAXSTS
LAXFCA

LGACAE
LGAAVL
LGADAB
LGAJAC
LGAYHZ (resumption)

ORDMHT
ORDFCA
ORDDRO

PHLYHZ (resumption)

PHXRDU

Also announced is the resumption of seasonal ANC from DFW will use 787-8.
Last edited by Corpsnerd09 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
wn676
Posts: 1691
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:33 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Corpsnerd09 wrote:
Announced internally for summer 2019, flights go on sale the 17th.

AA22 DFW 2020 CDG 1245
AA23 CDG 1525 DFW 1850

AA156 DFW 2050 MAD 1205
AA157 MAD 1655 DFW 2020

These are in addition DFWSBP, MYR, MDT, STS and FCA.

Also announced :
DCAMLB

LAXSTS
LAXFCA

LGACAE
LGAAVL
LGADAB
LGAJAC
LGAYHZ (resumption)

ORDMHT
ORDFCA
ORDDRO

PHLYHZ (resumption)

PHXRDU


PHX-RDU is a resumption as well.
Tiny, unreadable text leaves ample room for interpretation.
 
LHUSA
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:15 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Pretty historic adds


(sorry, I absolutely had to)
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Wow going back to YHZ on two separate routes. Wonder whether they'll be year-round or seasonal?
 
User avatar
Jamake1
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon May 17, 2004 2:30 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:29 pm

LGA-DAB: Great to see DAB get it’s link to NYC restored following B6’s withdrawal.

STS-DFW: This could do well. It gives STS that east-bound link with great onward connections that Santa Rosa had been hoping to secure.
Come fly the sun.
 
BoeingGuy
Posts: 6311
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:30 pm

I was hoping for DFW-PAE. (Yes, I know there are spots involved at PAE).

Would be very convenient. I like connecting at DFW. Arriving internationally is easy too.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2215
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:34 pm

The other thing I noticed here is holy cow, MHT gains flights/a new route!
 
SgtBarone
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:42 pm

USA Today article with aircraft types listed:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 292275002/
AGP ATL BCN BNA BOS CLE CLT DCA DEN FLG FLL FRA IAD IAH JAX LAX LGB MAD MCI MDW MKE MUC PHX RDU RSW SEA SJU SLC SNA TPA
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5277
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:51 pm

Out of all of these flights only two are on mainline- LGA-JAC (A319) and PHX-RDU (A320) the majority are E175's with a couple CR7's mixed in.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Wow two daily Dallas-Madrid flights! It is time maybe for United to think about IAH-MAD.
 
LupineChemist
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Will the second Madrid flight also be 789?

SCQ83 wrote:
Wow two daily Dallas-Madrid flights! It is time maybe for United to think about IAH-MAD.


Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 pm

With SBP/STS-DFW going to be on the E175, I hope they switch SBA/MRY/BFL to the E175 from the awful CR9.

I also wonder if this also means the return of MQ flying to CA
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Pretty historic adds


(sorry, I absolutely had to)


I was about to post something similar.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:14 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.


Still this proves well that there is only one market in Spain :). No matter what all the naysayers and all those who always attack me say.

It would be easy to add a new flight to another destination in Spain (or even to Portugal)... yet AA adds a second daily to Madrid.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:15 pm

LupineChemist wrote:
Will the second Madrid flight also be 789?

SCQ83 wrote:
Wow two daily Dallas-Madrid flights! It is time maybe for United to think about IAH-MAD.


Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.


The existing DFW-MAD (AA36-37) will be on a 772 (upgauged from a 789), while the second frequency will be 789.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
jplatts
Posts: 2712
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:15 pm

There are still some more domestic nonstop routes that could be added by AA out of DFW such as DFW-CAK, DFW-ALB, DFW-CRW, DFW-PVD, DFW-ROC, DFW-SYR, and DFW-TOL.
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:16 pm

For the DFW-CDG second daily flight I assume this is a response to Air France starting the seasonal service in March.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
LupineChemist wrote:
Will the second Madrid flight also be 789?

SCQ83 wrote:
Wow two daily Dallas-Madrid flights! It is time maybe for United to think about IAH-MAD.


Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.


The existing DFW-MAD (AA36-37) will be on a 772 (upgauged from a 789), while the second frequency will be 789.


Is there that much slack in the 772 fleet that they can add these round trips without cutting elsewhere?
1.4mm and counting...
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm

maps4ltd wrote:
The existing DFW-MAD (AA36-37) will be on a 772 (upgauged from a 789), while the second frequency will be 789.


Which EU destinations other than LHR, CDG and MAD will have a 2nd daily on AA from DFW?
 
Kronesian
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Great news for MLB!
KMLB
 
mfe777
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
For the DFW-CDG second daily flight I assume this is a response to Air France starting the seasonal service in March.


Ugh, I hope AA doesn't run out AF like they did the Icelandic carriers.
 
User avatar
drerx7
Posts: 4380
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2000 12:19 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm

DFW-MAD is bolstered by OneWorld traffic. I don't think there are as many PDEW between IAH and MAD either. Is AA bringing back DFW-KEF since they ran the icelandic carriers out?
HOUSTON, TEXAS
 
evank516
Posts: 1953
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:37 pm

LGA-DAB on AA, this actually surprises me. Guess it's not a total loss for them with B6 pulling out.
 
Bigant0408
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:26 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm

mfe777 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
For the DFW-CDG second daily flight I assume this is a response to Air France starting the seasonal service in March.


Ugh, I hope AA doesn't run out AF like they did the Icelandic carriers.


Yea hopefully AF can stand there ground. Its good they're starting at 5x weekly to test the market.
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed
 
cporcelli78
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:45 pm

Again, no love for ISP. Still waiting on ISP-CLT, ISP-DCA. ISP-DFW or ORD is a pipe dream.....
 
dolphinflyer
Posts: 282
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 9:57 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Disappointed to see that ALB-DFW didn't make the cut for summer 2019. Upstate NY (ALB, ROC, SYR) and New England (PVD) stand out as key larger markets lacking nonstop service to DFW that could be well-served using E75 aircraft.
 
Corpsnerd09
Topic Author
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:05 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:49 pm

drerx7 wrote:
DFW-MAD is bolstered by OneWorld traffic. I don't think there are as many PDEW between IAH and MAD either. Is AA bringing back DFW-KEF since they ran the icelandic carriers out?


KEF is still scheduled and for sale unless they announce something later.
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 pm

wn676 wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:
Announced internally for summer 2019, flights go on sale the 17th.


Also announced :

PHXRDU


PHX-RDU is a resumption as well.


when did US or AA ever fly PHX/RDU? I thought that was the one hub route they've never done
Pretty certain the merged AA has never flown this, maybe I'm wrong though since you say it's a resumption. Just curious when and who flew it, if it was US or back to HP days, if it was indeed a past flight.
 
HPAEAA
Posts: 1104
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 7:24 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
wn676 wrote:
Corpsnerd09 wrote:
Announced internally for summer 2019, flights go on sale the 17th.


Also announced :

PHXRDU


PHX-RDU is a resumption as well.


when did US or AA ever fly PHX/RDU? I thought that was the one hub route they've never done
Pretty certain the merged AA has never flown this, maybe I'm wrong though since you say it's a resumption. Just curious when and who flew it, if it was US or back to HP days, if it was indeed a past flight.

I know it was flown during the HP days, the route was around in 2003-2004 when I worked for them.
1.4mm and counting...
 
seatrump
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:33 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Will be interesting to see how SBP-DFW does on weights. Have flown SBP-SEA multiple times and it is frequently weight restricted....
 
LupineChemist
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:16 pm

drerx7 wrote:
DFW-MAD is bolstered by OneWorld traffic. I don't think there are as many PDEW between IAH and MAD either. Is AA bringing back DFW-KEF since they ran the icelandic carriers out?


IAH-MAD traffic may be less but it would be pretty high yielding. People forget that Madrid is a major hub for some very large construction companies that like to build refineries among other things.

Seems like a pretty textbook 788 route. IB could maybe do it with a 332, but they don't have as much slack in that fleet since deliveries have been operated under the Level brand. (Though getting completely off topic and into crazy speculation land, I do think the 787 would be a good fit at IB if IAG takes over Norwegian and needs to move those aircraft elsewhere)
 
FSDan
Posts: 2556
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Will DFW-CDG be 1x 772 + 1x 789, the same as DFW-MAD? Or are both frequencies 787s (or both 772s?)?

Great to see PHX-RDU finally added! Now the glaring network holes for AA out of PHX are reduced to just MSY and BNA, in my opinion. Those are both strong markets for AA that I would like to see connected to PHX eventually.

Also good to see a positive for MHT. AA seems like the right airline to fly ORD-MHT given their strength on the MHT end.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.
 
User avatar
ACCS300
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Wow going back to YHZ on two separate routes. Wonder whether they'll be year-round or seasonal?


Likely not mainline though. My guess is seasonal, little demand in winter on these routes.
 
upperdeckfan
Posts: 916
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:32 pm

burnsie28 wrote:
Out of all of these flights only two are on mainline- LGA-JAC (A319) and PHX-RDU (A320) the majority are E175's with a couple CR7's mixed in.


Well, I don't think E175's/CR7's have the legs to get to CDG or MAD....

maps4ltd wrote:
The existing DFW-MAD (AA36-37) will be on a 772 (upgauged from a 789), while the second frequency will be 789.


I would've guessed that AA would've flown ORD-MAD on their own metal before a 2nd daily DFW-MAD. In my opinion ORD is better located for onward connections than DFW in terms of flying time. Probably DFW being a much larger AA hub than ORD and AA serving BCN from ORD were determining factors.

LupineChemist wrote:
Will the second Madrid flight also be 789?

SCQ83 wrote:
Wow two daily Dallas-Madrid flights! It is time maybe for United to think about IAH-MAD.


Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.


I think UA's IAH-MAD will come sooner than later, although Star customer base is almost unexistant in Spain, traffic on the Houston side should be enough to sustain the route. Houston is the 4th largest US metro area and IAH is such a large UA hub.
748,744,742,741,772,773,762,763,
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3
 
LupineChemist
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:03 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:41 pm

upperdeckfan wrote:
I would've guessed that AA would've flown ORD-MAD on their own metal before a 2nd daily DFW-MAD. In my opinion ORD is better located for onward connections than DFW in terms of flying time. Probably DFW being a much larger AA hub than ORD and AA serving BCN from ORD were determining factors.


DFW gets a ton more connections into Mexico and that could be huge for more demand for MAD. Yeah, you have to do US immigration, but it's really not that bad at DFW these days, especially with the no checked luggage route.
 
texdravid
Posts: 1810
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Yes, hope that AA doesn't push out AF, but I doubt it. AA gets away with pushing foreign metal out because while there is enough traffic for 1-2 flights to European cities, other than LHR, there's just not enough room for 3-4 and the foreign metal always loses.

With Frequent Flier miles and rewards becoming more stingy, I hope that the devotion people in DFW show AA decreases in the future and they're willing to try airlines such as AF.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.
 
master14225
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 6:38 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:52 pm

I was hoping for a PHX-YYZ or PHX-YYC from AA. Even CLT-YVR would've been great too.
 
AA623BDLSJU
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:16 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:54 pm

LHUSA wrote:
Pretty historic adds


(sorry, I absolutely had to)



I almost spit my coffee.
"Something special in the air."
 
anymaninfc
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:13 pm

texdravid wrote:
Yes, hope that AA doesn't push out AF, but I doubt it. AA gets away with pushing foreign metal out because while there is enough traffic for 1-2 flights to European cities, other than LHR, there's just not enough room for 3-4 and the foreign metal always loses.

With Frequent Flier miles and rewards becoming more stingy, I hope that the devotion people in DFW show AA decreases in the future and they're willing to try airlines such as AF.


With the frequency of AF strikes, and the devastating effect they can have on travelers, I never feel bad if AF leaves a marketplace.
 
RJNUT
Posts: 1779
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 1999 1:58 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:25 pm

seatrump wrote:
Will be interesting to see how SBP-DFW does on weights. Have flown SBP-SEA multiple times and it is frequently weight restricted....


That's surprising with ELV at only 200' and 6100' runway. Are there engine-out climb requirements at SBP or is it for SEA wx alternates?
 
Noise
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:26 pm

I am happy for RDU.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5603
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:42 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
LupineChemist wrote:
Might be useful and there's certainly a fair amount of business traffic, but the OW stranglehold certainly impacts things. Also, the Houston to Dallas train will have a lot of Spanish input, but the project office is in Fort Worth.


Still this proves well that there is only one market in Spain


You're confusing the strength of big oneworld to oneworld hub with MAD dominance. DL & UA manage to do NYC-BCN year-round (even while not having an alliance with the country's largest carrier). DL does JFK-AGP seasonally.
 
alexdelzotto1
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:43 pm

It seems that DFW-YUL is returning to mainline A319 next spring instead of E175.
 
Noise
Posts: 2455
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:53 pm

alexdelzotto1 wrote:
It seems that DFW-YUL is returning to mainline A319 next spring instead of E175.


Well that's good news. I wonder if AA will ever introduce/reintroduce YUL-DCA.
 
SonomaFlyer
Posts: 2195
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Jamake1 wrote:
LGA-DAB: Great to see DAB get it’s link to NYC restored following B6’s withdrawal.

STS-DFW: This could do well. It gives STS that east-bound link with great onward connections that Santa Rosa had been hoping to secure.


We STS folks really hope the flight is timed well for connections. Ideally, early flight out and late return and RON at STS but more likely mid-morning arrival to STS with 11 a.m. ish departure to DFW. There should be onward connectivity but really late arrivals back east.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm surprised we're not talking more about the 787-8 to ANC. That's a lot of seats up north, and DFW is located pretty far south, in the contiguous US.

What I mean is, if one were traveling from IND to ANC, would one rather go IND-DFW-ANC on AA or IND-MSP-ANC on Delta (or a similar itinerary through a northern connecting city). For ANC bound travelers, DFW would be a feasible connecting point from, say, MSY, but the north and central midwest might be more skeptical, which is why I question the decision to put a 788 on DFW-ANC. I wish them the best of luck, however.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:12 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
You're confusing the strength of big oneworld to oneworld hub with MAD dominance. DL & UA manage to do NYC-BCN year-round (even while not having an alliance with the country's largest carrier). DL does JFK-AGP seasonally.


Madrid-New York is the largest Iberian Peninsula-New York market by a very long margin. Despite MAD serving the most hubs and frequencies to other East Coast airports... and let's not even mention Miami.
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:17 pm

cporcelli78 wrote:
Again, no love for ISP. Still waiting on ISP-CLT, ISP-DCA. ISP-DFW or ORD is a pipe dream.....


I would expect DL to add ISP-ATL first, though ISP-CLT is certainly a possibility on AA. Delta has 717s and even some MD-88s running to smaller NE markets like HPN and MHT.

Speaking of MHT, I'm glad they're seeing an add! AA's ORD nonstop will be the first non-Southwest service to Chicago from Manchester since United dropped their ORD-MHT route in September. I wish them well, and hope that it leads to the addition of smaller NE markets on AA from ORD (ISP, ORH, even BGR, for example).
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
maps4ltd
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:24 pm

texdravid wrote:
With Frequent Flier miles and rewards becoming more stingy, I hope that the devotion people in DFW show AA decreases in the future and they're willing to try airlines such as AF.


Personally, I don't think DFW will become another CLT. DFW has a far larger population than CLT, and more foreigners as well. I believe that at least some of the Dallas-based people on AF's route will seek onward connections to Europe and Asia, though AA is getting the main markets pretty well-covered from DFW.
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List
 
burnsie28
Posts: 5277
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:49 am

Re: AA adds FCA, Double Daily DFWMAD/CDG, return to YHZ, 787 to ANC plus more

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:36 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
With SBP/STS-DFW going to be on the E175, I hope they switch SBA/MRY/BFL to the E175 from the awful CR9.

I also wonder if this also means the return of MQ flying to CA


I flew DFW-SBA last May on the 319. Well oversold.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos