Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Birdwatching

Re: Norweigan 737 Max Diverts to Shiraz, Iran

Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:18 pm

MillwallSean wrote:
Not a major issue for most on this plane to get an Iranian stamp in ones passport (assuming the majority are Europeans). Most EU nations already allows for two passports. If a person needs to travel to the US and the US cause troubles due to an entry/exit stamp from Iran, just apply for a second passport where there are no stamps. Its the same procedure for us who have Israeli stamps and travel to the Middle East. While you are unlikely to see trouble, even the risk of potential barriers to entry is ground enough to obtain a second passport. A nice letter of support from employer or family member and voila the issue is solved.
Cant say I have experienced to much trouble anywhere despite stamps from less visited nations. A few questions, an explanation of work and voila I am in.

Uh... No. You can't go to Iran an then simply VWP back into the US using a second passport. The question on the ESTA is "have you been to Iran" and not "Do you have a stamp from Iran in this particular passport". You could try, but you'd be lying and in some serious trouble the next time you enter the US, which would probably be your last visit to the US.

When I needed to travel to the US after having been to Iran, I applied for a tourist visa which is a rather straightforward procedure. I have thisin my passport now and it's valid for 10 years. When the agent asked me why I'd been to Iran I told him the whole simple truth: to fly with old airliners. Made perfect sense to him, and I had my approval in less than a minute.

I strongly suggest anyone in a similar situation do the same. Even if your MAX got diverted to Shiraz and your passport didn't get stamped. Get a US tourist visa and you're good to go, tell them what happened, this is the correct way of doing this.
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

aden23

Re: Norwegian 737 Max Diverts to Shiraz, Iran

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:16 am

BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:
I think the real story here is that there is a 7+
hour 737 flight. I’d rather walk.

Whats the difference between comfort in a 737 and a widebody.

It’s night and day...

One is big and spacious, one is a subway car with wings.

One has IFE, the other has nothing.

One has the capacity to provide meal service, the other has nothing.

Should I continue?

Giving narrow body jets longer range is the most insidious thing to have happened to commercial air travel.

luckyone

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:46 am

Glad the passengers are safely on their way home. I’d love to have a night on the airline’s dime somewhere new. Would make for a great story.
aden23 wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

Giving narrow body jets longer range is the most insidious thing to have happened to commercial air travel.

Other than the fact that until 1969 all aircraft were what we now call narrow-body. Also...the configuration is due to the airline. Not the aircraft. Want proof? Fly a Singapore Airlines or Delta Air Lines A350 and then fly on one operated by Air Caraibes. Or a 77W on Air Austral and then again on SQ. Same aircraft. Night and day experiences. It’s the operators responding to the customer.

aden23

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:46 am

luckyone wrote:
Glad the passengers are safely on their way home. I’d love to have a night on the airline’s dime somewhere new. Would make for a great story.
aden23 wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

Other than the fact that until 1969 all aircraft were what we now call narrow-body. Also...the configuration is due to the airline. Not the aircraft. Want proof? Fly a Singapore Airlines or Delta Air Lines A350 and then fly on one operated by Air Caraibes. Or a 77W on Air Austral and then again on SQ. Same aircraft. Night and day experiences. It’s the operators responding to the customer.

No, not at all.

Can you point to any 737 operators offering seatback IFE, meal service, ample overhead space, real business class, etc.?

The answer is that you can’t, because they don’t exist.

Aircraft manufacturers enable crappy customer comfort, and that’s the bottom line. Flying 737 long haul is good for squeezing profits and absolutely nothing and nobody else.

ScottKBUF

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 am

aden23 wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

Are people nowadays really so petty that they need to state they'd rather walk almost 3000 miles than board a narrow-body? Quite frankly I'd rather spend 7 hours stuffed in the back of a 208 Caravan than spend 7 hours on the ground. Look out the damn window and remind yourself why you became an aviation enthusiast in the first place.

In all seriousness though, that podcast about Bo Corby is some fantastic content, and it is for stuff like that, that I continue to read these forums almost everyday.
Buffalo, NY

FrenchPotatoEye

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:54 am

aden23 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
aden23 wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

No, not at all.

Can you point to any 737 operators offering seatback IFE, meal service, ample overhead space, real business class, etc.?

Aircraft manufacturers enable crappy customer comfort, and that’s the bottom line. Flying 737 long haul is good for squeezing profits and absolutely nothing and nobody else.

Flydubai sticks out as one operator that ticks those boxes.

BNEFlyer

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:48 am

aden23 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
aden23 wrote:

QF, PX, MH, KE, AC, TK, CM, FZ, GA to name a few.

notaxonrotax

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:00 pm

BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:

1 or 2 aisles.....that makes ALL the difference in comfort.

No Tax On Rotax
For anybody that happens to be wondering:"yes, owning your own aircraft is a 100% worth it!"

fsabo

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:08 pm

notaxonrotax wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:

No Tax On Rotax

I disagree. Give me a quiet single isle over a 777 any day.

B737MAX

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:15 pm

fsabo wrote:
notaxonrotax wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:

No Tax On Rotax

I disagree. Give me a quiet single isle over a 777 any day.

Absolutely right. Give me that modern looking and comfortable Norwegian 737MAX anytime over an old, crappy B777-200 of United Airlines. Some guys need big planes, they don’t know why but they need a big one. Accepting the fact that a narrowbody might be more comfortable is not gonna happen.

As for the IFE, I have my own tablet, a headset, and I don’t need to eat 3 times in 7 hours time.

freakyrat

Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:25 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
What happens with the PAX?

If most of them are Norwegian, will they lose the ESTA privilege for their next visit to the US because they have visited Iran?

They can stamp a plain sheet of paper instead of their passport and then throw it away whaen they get back home.

mxaxai

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:52 pm

32andBelow wrote:
mxaxai wrote:
Section 560.528 of the ITR provides that specific licenses may be issued, on a case-bycase
basis, for the exportation and reexportation of goods, services and technology to
insure the safety of civil aviation and safe operation of U.S.-origin commercial passenger
aircraft.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... /iran.aspx

If the aircraft is unairworthy without a part and such parts cannot be obtained or repaired otherwise, I guess they (or their maintenance contractor) might try to get such a license for this particular case, for the particular parts needed.

I'm not sure though, if they could pursue such a license for an Airbus or any other non-US aircraft. Would be very inconvenient to divert to Iran only to have the plane stuck there.

They’ll just fly a spare engine in. No big deal.

AFAIK engines are aircraft parts and thus may not be imported to Iran. Unless they somehow find a way to somehow declare the airport "not Iran" it will need to be approved.

32andBelow

Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:52 pm

mxaxai wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
mxaxai wrote:
https://www.treasury.gov/resource-cente ... /iran.aspx

If the aircraft is unairworthy without a part and such parts cannot be obtained or repaired otherwise, I guess they (or their maintenance contractor) might try to get such a license for this particular case, for the particular parts needed.

I'm not sure though, if they could pursue such a license for an Airbus or any other non-US aircraft. Would be very inconvenient to divert to Iran only to have the plane stuck there.

They’ll just fly a spare engine in. No big deal.

AFAIK engines are aircraft parts and thus may not be imported to Iran. Unless they somehow find a way to somehow declare the airport "not Iran" it will need to be approved.

An airline transporting their own parts they arlready own Isn’t really an import. For instance an airline in the US can fly part 91 with company parts on board as it is not considered revenue cargo. Do the 2 engines that are attached to the airplane that landed count as an engine import?

smartplane

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 pm

32andBelow wrote:
An airline transporting their own parts they arlready own Isn’t really an import. For instance an airline in the US can fly part 91 with company parts on board as it is not considered revenue cargo. Do the 2 engines that are attached to the airplane that landed count as an engine import?

The rules that apply in the USA, not subject to an embargo, are quite different.

Any part imported to Iran, which could be deemed as aerospace related, is subject to the embargo.

The embargo applies to where the part is destined, and/or who is acquiring.

The part is being supplied and installed in an aircraft located in Iran, but not owned or operated by Iran.

As stated further up thread, all the parts and manuals entering Iran will need be documented, as will all the parts and manuals leaving (and be the same).

AirKevin

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 pm

aden23 wrote:

Two United 737-800s I flew had seatback IFE.
Captain Kevin

dtw2hyd

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:32 pm

smartplane wrote:
Any part imported to Iran, which could be deemed as aerospace related, is subject to the embargo.

The embargo applies to where the part is destined, and/or who is acquiring.

The part is being supplied and installed in an aircraft located in Iran, but not owned or operated by Iran.

As stated further up thread, all the parts and manuals entering Iran will need be documented, as will all the parts and manuals leaving (and be the same).

I was under the impression the embargo emphasis is on the end-user, not the destination. It is the exporter responsibility to prove Iran is not the end-user.
All posts are just opinions.

Kadish

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:12 pm

smittythepirate wrote:
Kadish wrote:
cbphoto wrote:
Rescued?! Is there a war and I havent noticed?
I was in Iran last summer n believe me they are extremly friendly, caring....the worst the heat but im not sure they cant be blamed for that.

I don’t think they meant it that way. We use the term “rescue” for flights here in the states that rescue a plane that went tech. I’m sure that’s all they meant by that comment.

Im familiar with the terminology, but he clearly refers to people and not the plane.

People r full of prejudices.

I think you are taking it a little personally. In this case the people who are stranded are being rescued. People could be at the nicest all inclusive resort during their stay and still be rescued.

Not personally, I have nothing to do with Iran but the time I was there as a tourist.
As I said people tend to have prejudices or misconceptions with ceratin countries like Iran, China.....
Do you think that people would have been rescued if something similar had happened in the USA, Uk or Spain?
Rescued Is not the right word unless you imply something.

Cheers and happy christmas!

TC957

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:23 pm

So, after all this discussion, what's the current status of the AOG Max in Shiraz ?

BritishB747

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:05 am

[quote="luckyone"]Glad the passengers are safely on their way home. I’d love to have a night on the airline’s dime somewhere new. Would make for a great story.
[quote]

I managed to get a night somewhere new, courtesy of the airline. However it wasn't as glamourous as Shiraz. It was Southend Airport, which I am sure you'll agree is quite a different town. However it is still a great story. The incompetence of Flybe, a night in the Holiday Inn overlooking the ramp, allowances for a three course meal, drinks and breakfast. I even made friends with some of my fellow stranded passengers that I still keep in touch with today. Even the most obscure location can be fun if you make the best of an inconvenient situation.
AT5 AT7 AB6 319 320 321 333 33V 343 346 AR8 733 734 736 73G 738 744 752 753 763 77E 77W 788 BET CR7 D10 D38 DHT DH4 E70 E75 E90 F70 J41 M83 S20 SF3

b747400erf

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:25 am

If they needed a fill up of gas isn't that part of the embargo?

happytraveller

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 am

Apart from the usual forced overnights at the airline's expense (late running/missed connections etc.) in places like FRA or DOH, the best that I have ever had was back in the days when Air New Zealand operated the 747s to LAX stopping at several Pacific islands on the way. On the way back to New Zealand, the 747 developed a problem with the flaps whilst landing in Tahiti Papete PPT.

AirNZ had to get a spare part sent from New Zealand but to do this they had to wait for a 737 to finish its domestic flights then fly the spare parts to Tahiti and after that repair the broken 747.

Now if you are going to get stuck anywhere at an airline's expense then Tahiti must be near the top of the list. Having said that, Shiraz would not be a bad option either!

tommyy

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 am

Any update on the cause of the diversion and status of the aircraft?

a350lover

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:45 pm

tommyy wrote:

The plane is still sitting there. According to Aviationherald, they received a low pressure indication, decided to shut the engine down, burned off fuel and landed.

I wonder what would they have done in case this had happened to one of their 7MAX in TATL routes? What's the maximum distance this model can be from any suitable runway to accommodate this model in case any emergency happens?

737max8

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 pm

a350lover wrote:
tommyy wrote:

The plane is still sitting there. According to Aviationherald, they received a low pressure indication, decided to shut the engine down, burned off fuel and landed.

I wonder what would they have done in case this had happened to one of their 7MAX in TATL routes? What's the maximum distance this model can be from any suitable runway to accommodate this model in case any emergency happens?

You fly with 1 engine to the nearest suitable airport.
The thoughts and opinions expressed in my comments do not represent that of any airline or affiliate.
Flown on: 717 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 7M8 744 744ER 752 753 762 763 772 773ER 788 789 A220 A319/20/21 A332 A333 A339 A343 A346 A359 A388

N212R

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:49 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
First, everyone was worried about the harsh treatment crew and passengers have to go through, now they are complaining that Iran was way too nice, it is all staged.

Yes, the worry about harsh treatment was staged. The part about Iranians being too nice, not.

ConnectAir

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 pm

a350lover wrote:
tommyy wrote:

The MAX 8 is certified with ETOPS 180, allowing it to fly on one engine for up to 180 minutes.
WN, LX, AZ, BA, LH, KL, DL, OK, S5, US, UA, VY, IB, AF, LY, F9, CO, YX x2, PD, AC, AA, OO, PT, QK

A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A343, B712, B733, B737, B738, B753, B744, B764, B772, B789, CRJ9, DH8D, E145, E190

smithbs

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 pm

The Northwest DC-10 podcast was awesome. I can understand that an airline's official policy would be to stick its head in the sand and say "Iran is like an ocean - don't land there ever," yet statistics say that if you are going to fly over it, then some day you may go tech there and have to figure it out in a big hurry. I liked the pilot's approach: don't solve the big picture. Just take each issue as it comes, and the end will arrive in due course.

And yet, it's sad to think that greater politics prevents nice cultures from becoming more acquainted.*

* Please don't quote this in a political post.

Tripple7x

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 am

tommyy wrote:

Still grounded unfortunately:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ln-bke

Mortyman

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

I don't understand what is stopping them from flying out of there on one engine ? The aircraft is designed to be able to fly with only one engine, but can't take off with only one engine ?

marcelh

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Mortyman wrote:
I don't understand what is stopping them from flying out of there on one engine ? The aircraft is designed to be able to fly with only one engine, but can't take off with only one engine ?

Insurances?
When the AF A380 blew up an engine, there was a similar discussion going on.

mcdu

Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:29 pm

737max8 wrote:
a350lover wrote:
tommyy wrote:

You fly with 1 engine to the nearest suitable airport.

Not all operators do this. When we have had service to areas that you wouldn’t want to land in due to political reasons or conflicts we would treat those areas as ETOPS operations. Just fly the area as if it were an ocean, have adequate airports outside of the area where we could land if something happened. We will have at a minimum have 120 ETOPS ability to avoid landing in a place like Iran. This is the product you get when you operate everything on a shoestring like Norwegian does. They don’t have the desire to play the “what if” scenarios with their operations and thus they make some poor operational decisions.

mcdu

Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Mortyman wrote:

Twin engine airplanes don’t take off on one engine.

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:25 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
What happens with the PAX?

If most of them are Norwegian, will they lose the ESTA privilege for their next visit to the US because they have visited Iran?

That would be a case by case basis, not a "they will" fact. As they did not visit, It was an emergency.

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:30 pm

RalXWB wrote:
Another engine issue :white:

They have not said what the issue is!

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:49 pm

neutrino wrote:
fallap wrote:
Shiraz is a cozy little city with plenty of historic and cultural places to indulge in. Too bad they are unable to exit the airport due to visa requirements :/

No, the passengers did exit the airport and transferred to a city hotel. Did you not read the post (no reason to doubt its veracity) a dozen above yours? Here, in case you are too lazy to look up:-
You're welcome.
cj477 wrote:
I have a family member who was on the flight. They were transferred to a hotel in the city but their passports were retained by flight or airport personnel-they were told the crew timed out and they are now scheduled to leave at 1300 local time.

Aeroflot777 wrote:
And for me as an avgeek, a cool little unplanned experience of landing on a tiny (but gorgeous) island in Iran.

Almost 30 years ago, shortly before the USSR was dissolved, I missed my connecting plane to Milan due to my incoming flight to Moscow being delayed at both the origin and fuel stop cities. I arrived at the terminal just in time to see my aircraft take off. The next flight was for 48 hours later, in the evening.
No visa so passport not stamped (though allowed to hold on to it), but me together with a few other fellow passengers were accommodated at a gorgeous state guesthouse, on the city outskirts, for 2 nights.
We were not allowed to exit the vast fenced and guarded compound but on the second morning, the guesthouse manager brought us to the city for a few hours' tour. We were firmly told to stay very close to her side since we were legally not in the USSR. The US$20 that we were asked to pay for the favor/service was very much worth it.

"a cool little unplanned experience" for me too, and save for the US$20 that I gladly ante up, the VIP stay was totally free.

They transferred to a hotel, but passports were kept. Meaning they are just there to sleep and not allowed to mingle.

Mortyman

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:55 pm

rbavfan wrote:
RalXWB wrote:

They have not said what the issue is!

an ‘engine oil-associated’ fault

according to:

https://aviationanalyst.co.uk/2018/12/1 ... WburcAlwLw

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:05 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
AirbusOnly wrote:
teusje wrote:
Norwegian 8402 LN-DYG just took off from Shiraz back to Oslo.

...and was diverted to WAW...for whatever reason….but finally arrived OSL...

this plane just cant catch a break

They did not top off fuel in Iran, so they had to stop and refuel.

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:15 pm

aden23 wrote:

7+ hour in a 787 coach is the same as in a 737 coach seat. Both use 59" triple seat sets.

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:40 pm

aden23 wrote:
BritTraveller wrote:
aden23 wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

Not true many 737's have IFE & full meal services. Also from a passenger seat perspective they have the same seats. both 59" triple seat standard from the 60's. Only real difference is high ceilings & 2 isles. Otherwise your crammed in the same!

INFINITI329

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:07 pm

rbavfan wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
AirbusOnly wrote:

...and was diverted to WAW...for whatever reason….but finally arrived OSL...

I wonder if they were worried about the quality of fuel?

smartplane

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:21 pm

marcelh wrote:
Mortyman wrote:

Insurances?
When the AF A380 blew up an engine, there was a similar discussion going on.

Correct. Hull and liability insurance ceases if a take off occurs / is attempted on a twin engine aircraft with only one engine operational.

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:05 pm

aden23 wrote:
luckyone wrote:
aden23 wrote:

It’s night and day...

Should I continue?

No, not at all.

Turkish, jetBlue, Aeroflot all have meal services & seatback IFE (including in coach) on A320/B737 services & business class

rbavfan

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:14 pm

INFINITI329 wrote:
rbavfan wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:

My guess would be more likely they have agreements on prices in Poland.

arcticcruiser

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 pm

This is one of anets’s silly threads. I have flown across Iran for years, good and courteous ATC. Reroutings? Not a problem. Contrast that with some of their neighbors. I would like to visit sometime. Just will have to do it on my second passport because of a certain regime in the West...

airnorth

Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:50 pm

rbavfan wrote:
aden23 wrote:
luckyone wrote:

No, not at all.

Turkish, jetBlue, Aeroflot all have meal services & seatback IFE (including in coach) on A320/B737 services & business class

Air Canada offers meals , top notch IFE in all seats, and the overhead bins are really huge in my opinion. I have had several flights on these, once in Business, not full lay flat seats, but I was really impressed and surprised at how nice both classes were. Mind you my longest flight was YUL-YVR with a total flying time of just over 5 hours, but as others have said, no worse than many wide body offerings. The real bonus is loading and unloading times.
Seat comfort in economy is no different than AC widebodies , at least from my recollection, I have never actually measured any seats, and I am by no means a small guy, 185 cm an 94 kg. I will certainly fly the AC Max again.

Flightsimboy

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:24 pm

RalXWB wrote:

Fortunately it was Norwegian and not Lion Air :roll: . How much longer before another 737 Max slams to the ground and then they will be grounded. Sorry not waving any white flag.
LAX772LR - "Answer to goofy question:" in response to my question about the B737-MAX8 being grounded. 48 hours later all B737-MAX8 grounded worldwide. Go figure!!

Stickpusher

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:18 pm

rbavfan wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
rbavfan wrote:

My guess would be more likely they have agreements on prices in Poland.

Or (another guess) perhaps these unilateral sanctions mean that they can't pay any money to Iran for services and products and expect to then do business with the US?

No rational company with an AOG would pass up the opportunity to reprovision during the enforced layover, unless of course there was some irrational imperative compelling them to ignore common sense.

jetwet1

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:19 am

Flightsimboy wrote:
Now because this aircraft has landed in Iran there is backlash against Iran. The level of stupidity on a.net gets so evident everyday.

Thank you, reading through this thread there were many times I wished for the days of a paid site.

Here are the simple facts for the next time this happens.

The Iranians will treat the passengers and crew far better than if this was to happen in the US.

It's good PR for the country, why would they do anything other than bend over backwards to ensure everyone reports how well they were treated.

LewisNEO

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:37 pm

stevend08 wrote:
Looks like Norweigan is sending a 738 from Oslo to pick up the stranded passengers at SYZ.

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 3460769792

I hope this flight wasn't fully booked, 186 in a 738 and 189 pax in a Norwegian Max 8. Bummer for al those travellers. I hope it is nothing too serious.
You are the wind beneath my wings.

Fokker 27, Bombardier Dash 8, Embraer 175 & 195, 727-200, 737-200 & -300 & -400 & -800, 747-400, 767-300, 767-400, DC 10-30, A320-200, A330-200, A330-300, A380.

cityshuttle

Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:43 pm

rbavfan wrote:
aden23 wrote:

Not true for all SU flights. I have been on many A 320/321 and B 737 but only a very few times they had IFE in Economy.

On my last SU flight in business (HAM-SVO) the crew handed out tablets and headphones to biz-pax as no IFE was installed.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos