c933103
Topic Author

Fans buy ticket to meet their idol on airplane then request deboard, delaying everyone

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:29 pm

News report: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/201 ... 60450.html
According to the report, they bought refundable tickets for the flight that their idol will travel on, meeting their idol on the aircraft once they have boarded the flight, and then right before the takeoff they request themselves to be deplaned. Thus every other passengers have to go through security again and delayed the plane for an hour while the airlines have to pay all associate expenses, while the three fans get their tickets refunded.
Say NO to Hong Kong police's cooperation with criminal organizations like triad.

bennett123

Re: Fans buy ticket to meet their idol on airplane then request deboard, delaying everyone

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Why were their tickets refunded?.

Dutchy

Re: Fans buy ticket to meet their idol on airplane then request deboard, delaying everyone

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Bold move, kuddos for finding the loophole. Put a smile on my face.

(yeah I know people were inconvenienced and yeah it cost the airline money, but com'on)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

FlyHappy

Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:57 pm

I don't get how any tickets can be refundable after boarding pass issued much less physically boarded....
I'm all for greater passenger rights, but this just seems crazy.

enilria

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:09 pm

Policy change already implemented I bet

sw733

Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Just K-Pop things...

I mean, I have to give them credit for the "lets split up between classes" thought. That's a good one.

But seriously...how ridiculous.

S75752

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:17 am

According to aviation law, if even one passenger gets off the plane before takeoff, all passengers must also get off and go through security checks again for safety reasons.

Is this unique to Hong Kong? I'm rather curious the purpose of that.

peterinlisbon

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 am

How the hell can you can a refund after checking in and boarding a plane? If anything, they should be fined for refusing to obey cabin crew because once you board you need to sit down and shut up.

Qantas16

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:15 am

S75752 wrote:
According to aviation law, if even one passenger gets off the plane before takeoff, all passengers must also get off and go through security checks again for safety reasons.

Is this unique to Hong Kong? I'm rather curious the purpose of that.

I don't know if it's just Hong Kong, have certainly never seen that in Australia. As for the purpose of the rule, I would guess they are worried about people boarding and leaving a 'package' onboard before leaving again...

KICT

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:27 am

Who on KE staff leaked the booking information of K Pop to the public?
Hopefully they are out of a job now...
People are saying. Believe me.

b747400erf

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am

KICT wrote:

Did the details leak or the fans learned of their travel plans through social media?

kriskim

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:47 am

Don’t underestimate K-Pop fans, these so called fans are what we in Korea call Sasaeng fans: fans who literally stalk their idols 24/7 and know about their whereabouts and schedule - it is quite scary.
A world built upon connectivity.

avier

Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:51 am

What absurd rules would allow a refund in that case? They purchased some super flexible fares that they deplane and use that ticket next time? Lol anyways, they are a bunch of psycho's , their entertainment industry and all their plastic surgery and insane makeup routines.

chunhimlai

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:07 am

KE has introduced new no-show charge: for those who cancel ticket after entering the departure zone have to charge USD200 extra

tjwgrr

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:24 am

I would have thought the K-Pop tart boys would have flown on a private jet if they’re such superstars.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

Spiderguy252

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am

chunhimlai wrote:
KE has introduced new no-show charge: for those who cancel ticket after entering the departure zone have to charge USD200 extra

Is the fine a dis-incentive though? If they're superfans they may pay up.

What is needed is a punishment - however moderate.
Vahroone

ewt340

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:47 am

Maybe he/she is the CEO's children of the airlines? It happens with nuts before.

ikramerica

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:16 pm

This is a variation of a plot on Seinfeld.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

zakuivcustom

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:12 pm

I saw the thread title and thought that, well, maybe it's K-Pop fan?

Then I read the article, some K-Pop fans from HK/China.

Surprised personally? Not at all. Some of those fans are nuts about those "oppa" groups anyway (Personally, I always go "Who?" when it comes to those groups. Too many of them and well, everyone has the same hairstyle and dress the same anyway :banghead: ). Oh, and those fans certainly spend some crazy money chasing after those groups.

b747400erf wrote:
KICT wrote:

Did the details leak or the fans learned of their travel plans through social media?

No need to leak anything. Every single time some random (mostly male) K-Pop group visit (using this example) Hong Kong, there are always some number of female fans (usually around 20-30, some popular groups has 100s of them) waiting for them at the airport.

tjwgrr wrote:
I would have thought the K-Pop tart boys would have flown on a private jet if they’re such superstars.

Bc quite frankly nobody knows half of them? :stirthepot: (But then, I'm stuck only knowing groups like TVXQ or Bigbang :scratchchin: ).

Breathe

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:16 pm

kriskim wrote:
Don’t underestimate K-Pop fans, these so called fans are what we in Korea call Sasaeng fans: fans who literally stalk their idols 24/7 and know about their whereabouts and schedule - it is quite scary.

Yup, some K-Pop fans are total fruit loops!

BirdBrain

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 pm

Looks like the free refund will be gone soon thanks to these clowns. It does seem weird if you want to de-board once already onboard, barring some personal emergency. These guys just ruined it for legitimate cases. Now it will come with an approxmately $200 fees.

http://str.sg/o2p4

wjcandee

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:12 pm

The rule should be that you can deboard at your option any time before the door is closed, but once you board the aircraft, you will not be entitled to a refund. Then, you make exceptions on a case by case basis, biased towards making a refund, so you don't end up in the paper in a typical "I got scared and they wouldn't let me off"-type article. This would allow them to basically effectuate the same deal as now, but deterring clear abusers like these fans.

Of course, if they are really crazoid stalker types, it might be a good thing that they got off the plane. Maybe a little concerning...

And it also sucks because it has been fun over the years occasionally to be seated next to someone famous. Most fliers around them, in my experience, are pretty-respectful and low-key, and I'm one of those. But after a while the person usually initiates some kind of conversation, and some conversations have turned out to be very interesting. Also have had some pretty-cool encounters with people well-known in government and business. Definitely don't want to drive all these folks into private jets.

AngMoh

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:50 am

Spiderguy252 wrote:
chunhimlai wrote:

Is the fine a dis-incentive though? If they're superfans they may pay up.

What is needed is a punishment - however moderate.

In Singapore you will be arrested. Is is such a frequent problem that there are warnings at checkin and entry to the departure zone that you will be arrested for this.
The most common scheme was to buy a cheap LCC ticket for the same time as K-pop star arrives.
727 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 742 743 744 752 753 762 772 77E 773 77W 788 A300 A310 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 A343 A345 A346 A359 A35K A388 DC-9 DC-10 MD11 MD81 MD82 MD87 F70 ERJ145 E170 E175 E190 E195 ATR72 Q400 CRJ200 CRJ700 CRJ900 BAE146 RJ85

itripreport

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:24 am

I know a lot of airlines have that one "If anyone does not wish to travel to XYZ today this is your last chance to de-board, the door will be closed and will not be opened until our arrival into XYZ" policy. Maybe Korean Air should just implement this phrase.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos