Dufo

Re: Gatwick drone closures

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:37 pm

Penalties would not stop reckless people. What we need is a controlled environment and mandatory registration in which these devices (with no lower-end size or mass cap) can operate. Just because the technology is there and cheap doesn't mean we are entitled to it.
I seriously think I just creamed my pants without any influence from any outside variables.

Berevoff

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Dufo wrote:
Penalties would not stop reckless people. What we need is a controlled environment and mandatory registration in which these devices (with no lower-end size or mass cap) can operate. Just because the technology is there and cheap doesn't mean we are entitled to it.

I couldn't disagree more.

You don't penalize someone for doing nothing wrong. Require registration and hold those accountable who are committing crimes with drones.

People should be entitled to use whatever technology they want whenever they want as long as they are not harming anyone else. If they do harm someone, throw the book at them. Regulating everything away is not a solution because as you said they are going to do it anyway.

Dufo

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:05 pm

One is preventing a problem, another is fixing the problem.
Users need to know about safe operation and environment in which they can operate. Fines and penalties do not provide them this knowledge, they can only ensure there are repercussions if one goes beyond that.
I seriously think I just creamed my pants without any influence from any outside variables.

Brick

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:15 pm

Can we stop talking about the registration of drones as being the end all solution to everything?

Vehicles have to be registered with every sale yet they are frequently used in the commission of a crime. All a bad guy has to do to harm with a drone is steal one....registration prevents nothing.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

readytotaxi

Re: Gatwick closed because of 2 drones

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:33 pm

vhtje wrote:
A BA A320 (G-MIDO) just landed at Bournemouth (BOH). A second BA A319 (G-DBCH) is about to land. BOH is not a normal BA destination, so it will be rare sight. Anyone with a camera nearby?

On route to LGW now.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Kikko19

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:38 pm

It sounds like a hoax... How's possible that a drone paralysed an entire airport... What would happen in LHR, FRA, CDG, JFK, AMS if would happen the same? Are the airports so unprepared for that? So much money spent and then go down like the last amateur?

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:45 pm

There are already criminal penalties in place virtually in every country about malicious interference with aviation, fat lot of good it does. It didn’t do anything here. Laws are nothing but signs saying, “don’t do this”, but they don’t physically stop the outlaw. Whoever is attacking Gatwick has a reason and the law isn’t sufficient deterrent to stop them, either because they won’t be caught or, if caught, they won’t be punished. Likely a reasonable bet. I’d say.

GF

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Dufo wrote:
Users need to know about safe operation and environment in which they can operate. Fines and penalties do not provide them this knowledge, they can only ensure there are repercussions if one goes beyond that.

But, isn’t the point of all this to interfere with the environment. Teaching someone safe operation and the hazards aren’t likely to deter someone whose very intent is to be a hazard.

GF

Berevoff

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Dufo wrote:

Then require them to take an online class or sign something saying they are responsible for the risk. Taking them away or limiting them is the wrong way.

There are millions of drones out there and we've had what...one collision (maybe) with a commercial plane? Yeah, lets ban them or severely curtail their use...crazy.

You find who is breaking the law and then punish them you don't take away all drones just in case. That's nanny-government stuff protecting the public from something that's not dangerous.

BojamDelta

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:01 am

It’s just elves buzzing around clearing Santa’s route for the big night.

speedking

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:26 am

Drones don't kill people, people do. Airports need to be armed with assault drones for protection.

acechip

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:39 am

How hard would it have been to take a helicopter, and while approaching it at reasonable speed, extend a broom like device and simply whack it off so that it's destroyed or hits the ground ? It would have been much safer than pellet guns and what-have-you.

Bradin

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:41 am

Does anyone get the feeling people are seeing things that may not be there? Something is not adding up.

Note I am not downplaying or discounting that there may have been a drone there at some point.

The airspace surrounding Gatwick is finite, but given the level of effort used to find a drone or a series of drones, the fact the alleged perpetrator has managed to elude authorities for over 24 hours, and considering the amount of batteries/charge time it requires to sustain this level of activity.

I am an owner of DJI Phantom 3 drone, and the batteries take about an hour to an hour and a half charge. The max flight time I can get with these drones is about 20 minutes before they need to come down for new batteries.

What I'm getting at is with three or four batteries, they can keep a drone up almost indefinitely, however there would still need to be a base of operations.

johns624

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:12 am

The French would have stopped this folly a long time ago.

kalvado

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:43 am

johns624 wrote:
The French would have stopped this folly a long time ago.

By going on strike and canceling all the flights for a different reason?

speedking

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 am

I have one simple request: Sharklets with frickin' laser beams attached on them to shoot down the drones. What do we have?

vhqpa

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:11 am

"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

SheikhDjibouti

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 am

******Breaking News******
"Cops arrest two for 'criminal use of drones' after airport chaos"
or
"Sussex Police have arrested two people in connection with a string of drone sightings at Gatwick Airport."

Take your pick., but note that the second report (from the BBC) leaves the door open to another interpretation. If you pay attention to the precise wording above; it does not say they were launching or flying any drones. In fact these arrests could conceivably be for dialling 999 and reporting sighting a drone when no such thing occurred.

For myself; it's too early to say for sure this event is all over yet.
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Erebus

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:55 am

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
Take your pick., but note that the second report (from the BBC) leaves the door open to another interpretation. If you pay attention to the precise wording above; it does not say they were launching or flying any drones. In fact these arrests could conceivably be for dialling 999 and reporting sighting a drone when no such thing occurred.

Yeah, I do wonder if this was in some way similar to the more common bomb threat hoaxes, a "drone threat" if you will.

maint123

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 am

Looking at ways in which drones can extend their flying times and resist jamming -
Frequency hopping drones ? Are those available ?
Or drones running on -
Hydrogen fuel cells
Normal IC engines
RTGs like they have in space exploration.

Super80Fan

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am

While I'm glad it wasn't, why London Gatwick over London Heathrow? Shutting down Heathrow would have a lot more negative effects.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Cunard

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 am

Perhaps it's because the people responsible for the Drones live closer to Gatwick rather than Heathrow.

Sussex Police have arrested two individuals relating to these Drone incidents so we might get more details about who they are and their actual intentions.

I've just been watching it on the BBC news and for all we know they could well be juveniles or just stupid Geeks who thought it was a fun thing to do.

In the United Kingdom as it is in many countries anyone under the age of 18 can't be named for legal reasons if arrested for a crime but under the circumstances and the total chaos that this situation has created any persons involved in this should be immediately named and shamed and let the courts decide on their fate with the maximum jail term in the United Kingdom being upto five years for offences such as this.

Gatwick Airport has one of highest recorded incidents in the United Kingdom of laser attacks on aircraft so if those individuals involved with these Drones are found to be locals and there intention was just for fun then something needs to be done to ensure that no similar incidents like this ever happen again.

I'm looking forward to what Sussex Police reports on this latest development regarding the two arrests and an announcement in due course and also the response from the CEO of Gatwick Airport.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

CarlosSi

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:21 am

What are the charges; 10000 counts of life endangerment :roll: ?

JannEejit

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 am

I guess we'll know if the actual perpetrators have been caught, if the airport is not subject to further drone attacks in the coming hours.

factsonly

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:50 am

Super80Fan wrote:
While I'm glad it wasn't, why London Gatwick over London Heathrow? Shutting down Heathrow would have a lot more negative effects.

If it was deliberate and a pre-planned sabotage, think:

- LGW 1x runway
- LHR 2x runways - harder to shut down with 1x drone.

CarbonFibre

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:11 pm

a 48 year old male and 54 year old female from Crawley were arrested last night.

teme82

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:43 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:
a 48 year old male and 54 year old female from Crawley were arrested last night.

Now if they are found guilty. I think they should build jail at the arrivals of both terminals where the public can see them serving their jail sentences .....
Flying high and low

Some1Somewhere

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:06 pm

Cunard wrote:
Perhaps it's because the people responsible for the Drones live closer to Gatwick rather than Heathrow.

Sussex Police have arrested two individuals relating to these Drone incidents so we might get more details about who they are and their actual intentions.

I've just been watching it on the BBC news and for all we know they could well be juveniles or just stupid Geeks who thought it was a fun thing to do.

In the United Kingdom as it is in many countries anyone under the age of 18 can't be named for legal reasons if arrested for a crime but under the circumstances and the total chaos that this situation has created any persons involved in this should be immediately named and shamed and let the courts decide on their fate with the maximum jail term in the United Kingdom being upto five years for offences such as this.

Gatwick Airport has one of highest recorded incidents in the United Kingdom of laser attacks on aircraft so if those individuals involved with these Drones are found to be locals and there intention was just for fun then something needs to be done to ensure that no similar incidents like this ever happen again.

I'm looking forward to what Sussex Police reports on this latest development regarding the two arrests and an announcement in due course and also the response from the CEO of Gatwick Airport.

Or perhaps we should leave it until the courts decide they're actually guilty? Especially in high profile cases like this, naming and shaming just results in death threats or worse.

It's already been posted that they're not actually under 18.

mxaxai

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:11 pm

acechip wrote:
How hard would it have been to take a helicopter, and while approaching it at reasonable speed, extend a broom like device and simply whack it off so that it's destroyed or hits the ground ? It would have been much safer than pellet guns and what-have-you.

I guess the potential hazard for the helicopter crew would be an issue. IMO someone should conduct a test campaign and hurl drones at aircraft parts to see what they can or cannot actually damage.
Those small drones are also quite maneuverable and may be able to evade the net. The drone pilots could also be employing a typical helicopter tactic of popping up to carry out an "attack" and quickly return to a hiding position, so you'd never know when and where the next "strike" is.

Bostrom

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Super80Fan wrote:

It was mentioned earlier that it would be a lot harder to hide close to LHR compared to LGW.

airbazar

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:14 pm

factsonly wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

If it was deliberate and a pre-planned sabotage, think:

- LGW 1x runway
- LHR 2x runways - harder to shut down with 1x drone.

That might have been the thinking although I suspect proximity to their residence had more to do with it.
However, the number of runways is irrelevant. The drone doesn't even have to be flying inside the airport perimeter in order to result in a shutdown. Flying a drone within 1Km of an airport is illegal and will likely shutdown the airport.

TC957

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:27 pm

So it wasn't even kids or teenage yobs mucking about, it was a middle aged, so-called responsible pair of adults. Sheesh, just wonder some individuals have for brains sometimes. Just hope they don't have kids, can you imagine the example they'd set them. I'd love to get hold of them and smash their stupid heads together, as would 150,000 other people no doubt.

inaforeignsky

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:56 pm

TC957 wrote:
So it wasn't even kids or teenage yobs mucking about, it was a middle aged, so-called responsible pair of adults. Sheesh, just wonder some individuals have for brains sometimes. Just hope they don't have kids, can you imagine the example they'd set them. I'd love to get hold of them and smash their stupid heads together, as would 150,000 other people no doubt.

Except they haven't been charged and the man's boss has come out and confirmed he was at work when it all took place. Still, nothing like a bit of mob justice.

Elementalism

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:23 pm

SheikhDjibouti wrote:
******Breaking News******
"Cops arrest two for 'criminal use of drones' after airport chaos"
or
"Sussex Police have arrested two people in connection with a string of drone sightings at Gatwick Airport."

For myself; it's too early to say for sure this event is all over yet.

This makes sense given the lack of actual footage of all these drones.

Cunard

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:27 pm

Some1Somewhere wrote:
Cunard wrote:

Or perhaps we should leave it until the courts decide they're actually guilty? Especially in high profile cases like this, naming and shaming just results in death threats or worse.

The perpetrators ages were actually revealed AFTER I had made my post which I had typed after watching the BBC news at 04.00 at which time all we were aware of was that two individuals involved with the drone incident at Gatwick had been arrested by Sussex Police with no further details emerging including their ages which had only come to light after I had written what I did in my post.

If I was aware of their ages at the time of writing my post obviously I would not have suggested what I had done.

Even so regardless of the death threats that may result in them being named and shamed I personally don't care a less and I think that the general public should know who these people are and it might give some comfort to those 250,000 passengers that have been caught up in this terrible situation that has been apparently caused by two individuals to create absolute chaos which they successfully did, if it wasn't for the fact that it's happened over one of the busiest travel periods of the year it might be different but if they are found guilty and kept on remand until their trial in front of a Judge and Jury I personally want their names revealed and a mug shot of both of them so we can all see for ourselves what type people they look like and their identities should not be hidden from view.

This is a very serious case and if they are arrested they won't be going home as they will more than they be remanded in prison until their court date so death threats made against them by the public is rather irrelevant considering that they they would be under the supervision of HM Government in a high security prison

Even people that are accused of serious crimes such as murder or rape and who are eventually found innocent of those crimes have had their names and faces plastered all over the mainstream media and social media not that I'm condoning that but in this scenario why should these two individuals be treated any differently.
94 Countries, 327 Destinations Worldwide, 32 Airlines, 29 Aircraft Types, 182 Airports, 335 Flights.

FredrikHAD

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:50 pm

We know some commercially available drones have a durance of several hours. I guess they're hydrogen or methanol driven and fuel cell based. Pair that with a pre-programmed, GPS-guided flight path, taking off from a few miles away from the airport, set some waypoints that will leave the drone circling the area for 2-3 hours, and then return to another location for later pickup. The return point can be anywhere in the countryside as long as you can access it by car (or motor bike). If you descend it to low altitude and do some evasive flying, only a P-3 Orion, AWACS or similar would be able to track it. The second drone takes off from a third location (perhaps even placed there some hours in advance) doing its rounds for a couple of hours. In the mean time, you pick up, service and recharge the first drone (recharging takes minutes if using hydrogen or methanol). It is then placed in the terrain in another location, takes off after you leave and returns to yet another location... All the police would be able to see would be a car stopping to pick something up, and that would be almost impossible to detect in an efficient way.

The above method (I assume it would be feasible, drone operators, please pitch in!) would only need a GPS signal (no radio control signal), and jamming that, as easy as it would be from a technical point of view, is not something the police would be allowed to do except as a last resort more or less (UK legislation is not my profession, though...).

maint123 wrote:
Looking at ways in which drones can extend their flying times and resist jamming -
Frequency hopping drones ? Are those available ?
Or drones running on -
Hydrogen fuel cells
Normal IC engines
RTGs like they have in space exploration.

Frequency hopping normally only occurs within a limited frequency band. For instance, some old 802.11 radios (even before 802.11b 2.4 GHz 11 Mbps WiFi devices) had a signalling scheme called FHSS, (frequency hopping, spread spectrum). In that sort of transmission, you send a carrier with data on various frequencies in sequence, but always within a given band. In the case of FHSS the frequency band was 2.4 to 2.483 MHz, but in order to facilitate multiple channels, frequency hopping was only using some 20 MHz bandwidth. Bluetooth also uses FHSS on the 2.4 GHz band, using 1 MHz wide channels.

https://www.arcelect.com/RF_wireless_LAN_frequency_hopping_2.4GHz.htm

Jamming a certain frequency band, even if using FHSS, is not difficult. In a case like this, you could direct the radio signals in the direction of the drone. The receiver in the drone will not be able to hear the transmissions of the original sender, but other semi-nearby users will not notice any problems from the jamming.

/Fredrik

cpd

Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:14 am

Cunard wrote:
Some1Somewhere wrote:
Cunard wrote:

The perpetrators ages were actually revealed AFTER I had made my post which I had typed after watching the BBC news at 04.00 at which time all we were aware of was that two individuals involved with the drone incident at Gatwick had been arrested by Sussex Police with no further details emerging including their ages which had only come to light after I had written what I did in my post.

If I was aware of their ages at the time of writing my post obviously I would not have suggested what I had done.

Even so regardless of the death threats that may result in them being named and shamed I personally don't care a less and I think that the general public should know who these people are and it might give some comfort to those 250,000 passengers that have been caught up in this terrible situation that has been apparently caused by two individuals to create absolute chaos which they successfully did, if it wasn't for the fact that it's happened over one of the busiest travel periods of the year it might be different but if they are found guilty and kept on remand until their trial in front of a Judge and Jury I personally want their names revealed and a mug shot of both of them so we can all see for ourselves what type people they look like and their identities should not be hidden from view.

This is a very serious case and if they are arrested they won't be going home as they will more than they be remanded in prison until their court date so death threats made against them by the public is rather irrelevant considering that they they would be under the supervision of HM Government in a high security prison

Even people that are accused of serious crimes such as murder or rape and who are eventually found innocent of those crimes have had their names and faces plastered all over the mainstream media and social media not that I'm condoning that but in this scenario why should these two individuals be treated any differently.

The perpetrators have been named and pictured:
https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-u ... c9256a74b6

AleksW

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:09 am

Just ban private usage of anything bigger and more powerful than small, plastic toys for indoor use. Employ very high fines. Problem solved.

AleksW

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:11 am

Or actually, ban them all, even toys!

Cunard

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:27 am

I find it unbelievable that an Australian news agency have released photos of the couple involved in the drone incident at LGW when as I'm typing this I have been watching the BBC news channel for the last two hours and nothing has been mentioned other than the fact that the two people have been detained by the Police.

Well looking at their photo they look as normal as can be, a very smart and attractive looking couple, to be honest I was expecting a nerdy looking middle aged couple looking all washed up but this couple look the complete opposite of that.

It will be very interesting in the coming days to find out more about why they actually did what they did and what there actual motive was that it's if there was one but I got a feeling that this is going to be a case of an ignorant couple just showing off for the hell of it with there ''toy'' drones, well Father Christmas won't be coming down their chimney as they contemplate their future in jail as I'm quite certain that this couple won't be going home for Christmas if they are actually charged for all this, straight on remand at her majesty's pleasure me thinks well I hope that is the case as it's been reported that this whole affair has cost upto £15 million so far and probably more by the time it's all settled and back to normal.

If they thought it was fun at the time I hope that there not finding it fun now and both of them wondering what's going to happen to them both and thinking to themselves ''why did we do it, not just once but for over 48 hours''.

And there were the usual do gooders on here who went up against my suggestion that these two individuals should be named and shamed and their photos emblazoned over the media for all to see, well I feel happy now that's it happened and feel totally vindicated by my comments.

So to those that thought otherwise how do you feel now, let the death threats start ;-)

aerokiwi

Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:37 am

Ah yes, drones. You can fly them over private property and crowded areas, invading privacy and threatening safety, with zero consequences. No matter what the laws say in a respective jurisdiction, enforcement is usually zero. I watched a drone swoop and film over Bondi Beach in Sydney earlier this year, all operated by an amateur voyeur with little regard for safety.

Ban them for non-commercial use and regulate the bejesus out of commercial use. Clearly fhey have implications for public safety and not just in aviation. Can you imagine one being sucked into a jet engine on final approach? Yeah, let's not find out what happens.

CrawleyBen

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:50 am

Me and my wife wer due to fly to Gatwick from Hamburg on Thursday afternoon with Eastjet, when we found out LGW has been closed because of the drone.

My wife looked at British Airways flights to Heathrow (same day) but they were wanting something ridiculous like £900, so that was a non-starter.

Rather than sit at Hamburg Airport waiting for a flight we were fairly sure wasn't going to depart, we headed to Hamburg Railway station and got back to the UK via train instead. We only found out our Easyjet flight was cancelled after 3pm, when we were already in Cologne.

The journey taken in the end was Hamburg to Hannover (change) Hannover to Colgone (change) Cologne to Brussels (change) Brussels to London (Eurostar - got off at Ebbsfleet International as in-laws drove there to pick us up)

Total cost was approx £500 (there or thereabouts) and although it took a total of 13 hours (as opposed to a 1hr 20 min flight) we got back safely.

Ben

readytotaxi

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:14 am

CrawleyBen wrote:
Me and my wife wer due to fly to Gatwick from Hamburg on Thursday afternoon with Eastjet, when we found out LGW has been closed because of the drone.

My wife looked at British Airways flights to Heathrow (same day) but they were wanting something ridiculous like £900, so that was a non-starter.

Rather than sit at Hamburg Airport waiting for a flight we were fairly sure wasn't going to depart, we headed to Hamburg Railway station and got back to the UK via train instead. We only found out our Easyjet flight was cancelled after 3pm, when we were already in Cologne.

The journey taken in the end was Hamburg to Hannover (change) Hannover to Colgone (change) Cologne to Brussels (change) Brussels to London (Eurostar - got off at Ebbsfleet International as in-laws drove there to pick us up)

Total cost was approx £500 (there or thereabouts) and although it took a total of 13 hours (as opposed to a 1hr 20 min flight) we got back safely.

Ben

Where's that Trip Report? :wave:

scbriml

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:25 am

Cunard wrote:
And there were the usual do gooders on here who went up against my suggestion that these two individuals should be named and shamed and their photos emblazoned over the media for all to see, well I feel happy now that's it happened and feel totally vindicated by my comments.

So to those that thought otherwise how do you feel now, let the death threats start ;-)

The pair have now been released without charge and are no longer suspects according to the police.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615
Pair questioned over drone sightings that closed Gatwick airport released without charge, Sussex Police say

Cue apologies from some in this thread? :scratchchin:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

blooBirdie

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:26 am

inaforeignsky wrote:
TC957 wrote:

Except they haven't been charged and the man's boss has come out and confirmed he was at work when it all took place. Still, nothing like a bit of mob justice.

They've been released without charge

https://twitter.com/sussex_police/statu ... 5086344192

Summa767

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:40 am

So the shambles continues.
What humiliation for the British Police and authorities. The decline in standing and respect suffererd in these last couple of years, topped by this incident.
It’s almost painful to witness.

BlueberryWheats

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:48 am

That poor couple. Had their names and faces splashed all over the media, probably ruined their lives for a while. But hey ho, ain't no justice like media mob justice.

GDB

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:57 am

Summa767 wrote:
What humiliation for the British Police and authorities. The decline in standing and respect suffererd in these last couple of years, topped by this incident.

You know where they went wrong? They didn't ask you for your expertise on this of course!

No doubt you can cite a similar event at a major international airport elsewhere,at a very busy time, with deliberate disruption by drones.

Around LGW it really is like looking for a needle in a haystack, though this couple are innocent, there haven't been any more incursions since they were arrested, suggesting those really involved might have gone to ground, probably fearing arrest themselves.
But the only way this is sure to stop is when they are caught.
Unlike TV or movies, police investigations can take time, this is technical, new to them (hence calling in military technical support).

readytotaxi

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
That poor couple. Had their names and faces splashed all over the media, probably ruined their lives for a while. But hey ho, ain't no justice like media mob justice.

Agreed, the right lawyer should be able to get them some recompense.

maint123

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Summa767 wrote:

Only people with some shame feel humiliation. Since this type of disruption is a reccurring event in UK, the media led by BBC will paint the 36 hrs of horror as some great achievement by the emergency services, and everything will be swept under the table. Maybe a few pics of the royals and it's all good.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos