Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TheKennady2

Re: Lufthansa Lady at CLT

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:32 pm

This Woman puzzles me, i dont understand if her interest is just in Aviation or is there some occult reason behind her behavior. LH is the only European carrier at CLT so this may excite her but maybe she could indeed have a loved one or some type of spiritual connection to Germany or LH in past.

CLTRampRat

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Part of me wants our beloved tower to make LH do a go around in front of her.

NYPECO

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:59 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
Part of me wants our beloved tower to make LH do a go around in front of her.

If she's been doing it for so long, it's probably happened before.

Berevoff

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

rbavfan wrote:
Berevoff wrote:
spinkid wrote:

You say its not any Native Language...................I'm curious how you are so certain? There are well over 200 Native American languages spoken in North America.

You're right, I can't confirm with total certainty the language the mysterious woman is chanting every single day as the Lufthansa flight lands in Charlotte regardless of weather or delay.

Go watch a dozen or two videos of her (or more) and you'll instantly recognize she's not speaking or singing in any language what so ever. Its just random musical notes that sound like native singing with no structure at all. Go listen to actual singing from any number of tribes and you'll be able to see this is just tones and not actual language. Now, she could be summoning spirits through her actions but again, that's not something virtually any native american culture does. Especially not when the Lufthansa flight from Munich lands every day at the Charlotte airport.

Then again, I might be wrong. Maybe she just took a liking to this particular flight and decided to do this every single day without fail in all weather while running away from people who try and talk to her. Who knows.

You realize that a language is not always talking. There is a tribe in Africa that communicates via clicking sounds that they vary. every variation has a different meaning. So you have no way of knowing if it is a language or not. Especially as the video's have shown some patterns in the chants.

You're really grasping at straws here. Anyone who's interacted with her or seen her in person understands there's something going on with her mental health.

Maybe you're right though. She's not crazy she's just singing in an extremely rare language while greeting the Lufthansa plane that lands in Charlotte every single day while running away from anyone who tries to approach her. Totally reasonable and completely normal behavior.

The lengths people go to come up with some sort of story about this lady is astonishing. Just because she looks like she might be Native American everyone assumes she's praying to the gods to protect or mourn lost loved ones? Amazing. If a black lady was doing the same thing would everyone be talking about her in the same stereotypical manor? I doubt that.

Berevoff

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:15 pm

TheKennady2 wrote:
This Woman puzzles me, i dont understand if her interest is just in Aviation or is there some occult reason behind her behavior. LH is the only European carrier at CLT so this may excite her but maybe she could indeed have a loved one or some type of spiritual connection to Germany or LH in past.

She's most likely mentally ill and has developed some sort of delusion regarding this event. There's really not much more to it than that.

727LOVER

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:49 pm

As long as this lady is not demanding every airline serve DTW....she seems sane to me :lol:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

sgbroimp

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:52 pm

There were a couple of LH training crashes in the 70's or so (B720's if I recall), not that this sheds any further light and only slightly expands the possibility of having lost a loved one on an LH aircraft. Maybe we have someone in our midst who can ask the Germans based in MUC

trauha

Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:12 pm

I think she likes the livery. I too would rather sing praise to the LH bird than some of the other less divine paintjobs.
DC3, CONVAIR CV440, Sud Aviation Caravelle, BOAC VC10,Convair Coronado,BAE 1-11,Vickers Viscount. Pan Am 707 747, Saab 340 2000,TWA Lockheed TriStar, DC-8,9,10, MD11. 727,757,767.SHORT 330, CRJ200, ERJ145, E190. F27, A340-600. Atr42 72.

jetmatt777

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:42 pm

Maybe someone could open a dialogue with her by bringing her a present, for example a model LH plane. Instead of dragging her image across the internet, try and do something positive for her.

NYPECO

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:52 pm

sgbroimp wrote:
There were a couple of LH training crashes in the 70's or so (B720's if I recall), not that this sheds any further light and only slightly expands the possibility of having lost a loved one on an LH aircraft. Maybe we have someone in our midst who can ask the Germans based in MUC

It could have just been someone who died from a medical emergency instead of a crash. Of course it's all speculation and it may have nothing to do with anyone dying onboard an LH flight.

trauha wrote:
I think she likes the livery. I too would rather sing praise to the LH bird than some of the other less divine paintjobs.

Ehh, both Lufthansa liveries are mostly white.

highflier92660

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:06 pm

Would it be cruel and politically incorrect to ask why the folks with a butterfly net don't corral this woman and take her in for a mental evaluation? In Florida it's called The Baker Act so I assume North Carolina has a similar statute on the books.

vhqpa

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 pm

highflier92660 wrote:
Would it be cruel and politically incorrect to ask why the folks with a butterfly net don't corral this woman and take her in for a mental evaluation? In Florida it's called The Baker Act so I assume North Carolina has a similar statute on the books.

Why? The behaviour is definitely odd, but at the same time she isn't harming anyone.
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

gatibosgru

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:53 pm

Hope she's psyched for the A359!
@DadCelo

CLTRampRat

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:55 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Maybe someone could open a dialogue with her by bringing her a present, for example a model LH plane. Instead of dragging her image across the internet, try and do something positive for her.

You know, that’s a fantastic idea. I think I will do that.

ual763

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:29 am

CLTRampRat wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Be careful, we're all counting on you. But anyways, I'd ask the man she comes with first before approaching her so as not to upset her. Let us know how it goes!
From flying to the NOTAM office

CLTRampRat

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:32 am

ual763 wrote:
CLTRampRat wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Be careful, we're all counting on you. But anyways, I'd ask the man she comes with first before approaching her so as not to upset her. Let us know how it goes!

Homeboy stays in the car. He never gets out.

We have a Guinea pig. There has been a lengthy Group Facebook chat between us about this. We ordered a cheap $30 Lufthansa A330 model. We have a getaway driver also Incase this goes south.

NeBaNi

Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:30 am

KICT wrote:
Another video of her: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0TP-XBPplw

She is similar to that homeless guy at the LAX In & Out who lives in his van.
In the 20+ times I've been to LAX, *he is always there*.
Creepy.

He's pretty friendly! Once when I was there, a new Frontier A320neo came in ("Sunny the collared lizard") and he got super excited because he hadn't seen that tail before.

Moose135

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:36 am

NeBaNi wrote:
He's pretty friendly! Once when I was there, a new Frontier A320neo came in ("Sunny the collared lizard") and he got super excited because he hadn't seen that tail before.

Every time I pull into the lot and I see them in their car, I make sure to wave. He often returns it. I figure if he sees me being friendly enough, he might chat if I approach him while she is doing his thing. Things have been crazy lately, and I haven't been to CLT much the last month or two, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

NeBaNi

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:05 am

Moose135 wrote:
NeBaNi wrote:

Every time I pull into the lot and I see them in their car, I make sure to wave. He often returns it. I figure if he sees me being friendly enough, he might chat if I approach him while she is doing his thing. Things have been crazy lately, and I haven't been to CLT much the last month or two, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him.

To clarify, I was talking about the homeless dude at LAX, not anyone at CLT. Sorry for any confusion!

wowlookplanes

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 am

Pins and needles for the result of the gift plan.... This mystery has been in the wild without a firm explanation for many years now.

Of course we have no right to an explanation, but that isn't stopping me from hoping the olive branch unlocks an answer....

TWA772LR

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:20 am

wowlookplanes wrote:
Pins and needles for the result of the gift plan.... This mystery has been in the wild without a firm explanation for many years now.

Of course we have no right to an explanation, but that isn't stopping me from hoping the olive branch unlocks an answer....

Lol add me to the pins and needles list. This is one of those things that has absolutely no effect on my life whatsoever but I just become enamored with and want to know as much as I can about before the next interest comes. The one before this was North Sentinel Island :)
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

777PHX

Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:25 pm

You guys at CLT are lucky. That's one of the cooler spotter parks I've seen. You're *right* there.

CLTRampRat

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 pm

777PHX wrote:
You guys at CLT are lucky. That's one of the cooler spotter parks I've seen. You're *right* there.

Yea but that damn fence kept getting in the way so I had to get a job to see the airplanes clearly.

[img][url=https://ibb.co/1zztbkS][img]https://i.ibb.co/Y00Fbxr/B1082-B4-C-756-C-4-D14-B279-83-C58-A0-E50-D8.jpg[/img]

CLTRampRat

Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:51 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
777PHX wrote:

Yea but that damn fence kept getting in the way so I had to get a job to see the airplanes clearly.

Moose135

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:57 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:

Really? How do you have a problem with the fence at the overlook?

CLTRampRat

Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Moose135 wrote:
CLTRampRat wrote:

Really? How do you have a problem shooting over the fence at the overlook?

Sigh... it was more sarcasm. However when they are departing from 36C they seem to rotate behind some antennas that ruin that beautiful rotation shot.

csavel

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:45 pm

CLTRampRat wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

This is restoring my faith in humanity. I hope it goes well, and as long as she is happy and not hurting anyone Godspeed to her and let her sing at any damn plane she wants to. Normal is overrated anyway.
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

milemaster

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:00 pm

Based on her behavior I wonder what her A.net username is.

vfw614

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Maybe the Charlotte Aviation Department's resident shaman tasked with making sure that CLT does not loose its only non-AA longhaul route? Just thinkin...

How do two middle-aged adults find the time to do this every day?

TWA772LR

Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:05 pm

vfw614 wrote:
Maybe the Charlotte Aviation Department's resident shaman tasked with making sure that CLT does not loose its only non-AA longhaul route? Just thinkin...

Maybe the DTW crowd should look in to this! :rotfl:
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Moose135

Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:16 pm

vfw614 wrote:
How do two middle-aged adults find the time to do this every day?

I suspect they are of retirement age. The gentleman who accompanies her certainly looks like it, and I think she does as well.

gunsontheroof

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:13 am

I'm astounded that I haven't heard about her around here before and am now utterly fascinated by her. As others have said, she's not causing any trouble and should be left alone--that LH flight arriving might be the coolest part of her average day. I like the idea of bringing her a model though, that would be a nice gesture.

milemaster wrote:
Based on her behavior I wonder what her A.net username is.

There it is. Perfect. Points for you!
Picked a hell of a week to quit sniffing glue.

bevan7

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Did anybody end up giving her a model?

Peeter

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Berevoff wrote:
F27500 wrote:
Berevoff wrote:

She kicks and spits and refuses to talk to anyone who approaches her while she screams gobbledygook at a plane landing. She's mentally ill and has some sort of delusion that's associated with this flight. There's no greater meaning than that.

Everyone putting these feel good ideas (with zero proof what so ever) are overlooking her clear and severe mental illness.

How nice that you have it (and her) all figured out. What makes you such an authority? And saying "mental illness is crazy, folks" like you did in your earlier post doesn't make you sound so credible, FYI.

Because I've seen her with my own eyes and in many videos on Youtube. Look at the situation from an independent eye:

A person shows up to an airport every single day regardless of the weather to chant, dance, and speak in an unintelligible language (not any native language) about a European Airline landing in North Carolina. When approached, she runs away and refuses to interact with anyone.

The story about her being native American paying some sort of homage to dead relatives is based completely on her appearance and nothing else as she is too unstable to converse with when approached.

I think its fair for me to cite mental illness as a likely cause of such behavior.

Mental illness is crazy, folks. I've heard of other people who are so obsessed with planes they show up at airports regardless of the weather, paying some sort of homage to a disappearing aircraft livery or whatever. Tbh, I don't think that woman is the only one with a radio in her car waiting for the LH flight. Many of them lack social skills and don't converse when approached, but I heard there are online forums where they people speak in unintelligible languages ("TG ARN–BKK 77W in J").

bevan7

Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:32 pm

Has anybody spoken to her or the guy in the car to find out their story?

workhorse

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:27 pm

bevan7 wrote:
Has anybody spoken to her or the guy in the car to find out their story?

...and, most importantly, what does she think about the new LH livery? :duck:

727LOVER

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Peeter wrote:
Mental illness is crazy, folks. I've heard of other people who are so obsessed with planes they show up at airports regardless of the weather, paying some sort of homage to a disappearing aircraft livery or whatever.("TG ARN–BKK 77W in J").

Like showing up at the airport for the last AA MD-80 departure?

G U I L T Y !!!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Capt.Fantastic

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:55 pm

I just read this thread and I find it so intriguing.
Part of me wants to know what she's doing and why, while another part of me realizes some things are best kept to our imagination.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos