Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

winGl3t
Topic Author

Azul suspends POA-COR and POA-ROS

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Unfortunatelly Azul is suspending flights from Porto Alegre to Cordoba and Rosario. Flights already zeroed out from S19 (late March/19).

AD will keep weekly flights on weekends on route REC-COR/ROS, targeting tourists from Argentina.

C010T3

Re: Azul suspends POA-COR and POA-ROS

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:50 pm

AD would have to increase connectivity at POA in order for those routes to work. The economy of Rio Grande do Sul is not very interconnected to that of Argentina.

dcajet

Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 pm

winGl3t wrote:
Unfortunatelly Azul is suspending flights from Porto Alegre to Cordoba and Rosario. Flights already zeroed out from S19 (late March/19).

AD will keep weekly flights on weekends on route REC-COR/ROS, targeting tourists from Argentina.

I believe this is a temporary, already announced suspension due to low season in Argentina. Flights should resume back in July. Will confirm once I made sure I am not imagining things....
Keep calm and wash your hands.

dcajet

Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 pm

dcajet wrote:
winGl3t wrote:

I believe this is a temporary, already announced suspension due to low season in Argentina. Flights should resume back in July. Will confirm once I made sure I am not imagining things....

Information supplied by winGI3t is correct; I was able to confirm that flights will not return in July, although they previously (early December) said they would. Flights have been consistently with LF in the 80% range, but with very low yields. Most of the traffic connects to Rio and other parts of Brazil at POA. Most traffic originates in Argentina, very little traffic from POA to either COR & ROS. Last flight operates on 31/3/19.

dcajet

Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:36 pm

winGl3t wrote:

Pending official confirmation; sources within the airline say that POA-COR won't be cancelled after all, and that one weekly frequency will be maintained between the two cities during the winter. Not sure about ROS at this time.

dcajet

Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:48 pm

dcajet wrote:
winGl3t wrote:

Pending official confirmation; sources within the airline say that POA-COR won't be cancelled after all, and that one weekly frequency will be maintained between the two cities during the winter. Not sure about ROS at this time.

Updating: ROS service won't be cancelled either. Pending official word from Azul, but ROS would be kept thru the winter with a one weekly frequency on Thursdays, and COR another on Sundays.

Good news - while yields have not been what Azul expected, flights have been packed to the gills this summer (3x w to ROS and 4x w to COR), mostly connections at POA to points north in Brazil, including the 2 perennial favorites of every Argentinian: the beaches of Santa Catarina and Rio de Janeiro.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos