Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

yeginleduc

Re: OAG Changes 12/30/2018:DL Drops LAX-SAL and SEA-YEG;SY Adds PDX-HNL;UA EWR-POS to Daily,HDN-IAH Dropped for Summer

Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:57 pm

YEGSEA will be back when DL has a stronger hub in SEA and less of a mess/shortage at SEA airport. The lowest fares going in and out of YEG from the west coast always seemed to connect to the DL YEGSEA route. From my own experience the AS flight price was always at a premium from the Bay Area even though the times were exactly the same. Even now the 1x daily YEGSEA runs at the same time as the AS flight and the AS flight is at a premium price. The relatively recent YEGSFO on QK probably didn't help the route either and DL can use the WS YEGLAX and YEGPHX to connect most people from the YEG area to where they need to go on the west coast. Its just sad that DL cant seem to maintain anything except for MSP consistently from YEG.

Also i doubt there were any subsidies from EIA on the YEGSEA route for DL as AS was already flying to SEA. If i was DL I would start SLC and ask for a bunch of subsides from EIA. SLC offers enough connections to the west coast and middle country that it should be sustainable and successful.

GSP psgr

Re: OAG Changes 12/30/2018:DL Drops LAX-SAL and SEA-YEG;SY Adds PDX-HNL;UA EWR-POS to Daily,HDN-IAH Dropped for Summer

Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:32 am

yeginleduc wrote:
YEGSEA will be back when DL has a stronger hub in SEA and less of a mess/shortage at SEA airport. The lowest fares going in and out of YEG from the west coast always seemed to connect to the DL YEGSEA route. From my own experience the AS flight price was always at a premium from the Bay Area even though the times were exactly the same. Even now the 1x daily YEGSEA runs at the same time as the AS flight and the AS flight is at a premium price. The relatively recent YEGSFO on QK probably didn't help the route either and DL can use the WS YEGLAX and YEGPHX to connect most people from the YEG area to where they need to go on the west coast. Its just sad that DL cant seem to maintain anything except for MSP consistently from YEG.

Also i doubt there were any subsidies from EIA on the YEGSEA route for DL as AS was already flying to SEA. If i was DL I would start SLC and ask for a bunch of subsides from EIA. SLC offers enough connections to the west coast and middle country that it should be sustainable and successful.

I was more surprised to find out that ORD-YEG is no longer running. The inability on the part of AC/UA to make that work is rather strange.

enilria
Topic Author

Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:03 pm

joeblow10 wrote:
deltacto wrote:
enilria wrote:
I've been told repeatedly in these threads to just post the data and not make comments. Probably 100x. I guess that makes it easier for people to cut and paste it for use at their company/airline.

This week, it was more fanboy attacks that I am apparently targeting only WN with negative comments. What airline have I not been critical of in terms of strategy in the fullness of time?

I look forward to the OAG threads every week

you take the time to compile and post all the data ... on your time and for free ...
so you can make any comments you want

Agreed ... folks might not agree with them (sometimes I don't), but I'm not willing to do the task of putting this together - so your commentary is your call.

I don't dwell on the commentary, I just look at the changes themselves, and that's an extremely valuable report to have

Thanks for the support. :)

holeham

Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:14 pm

enilria wrote:
n562wn wrote:
georgiabill wrote:
Enilria Ty for your contributions to this forum and thread. I look forward to reading it each week

I'll echo this statement in saying that I do as well. While I do agree with some posters here that the additional commentary comes across as peculiar at times, the time and effort to compile the data is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See when people complain about me giving commentary, what I hear in my head is "STFU and give us our free data". That's what makes me think, why bother...

Don't let the negative nancies get you down. To echo what so many others have already said, I look forward to Sunday morning and seeing your latest update. Keep up the great work and thanks for doing what you do.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos