Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

rj777
Topic Author

Where will JetBlue go to-MKE or OMA?

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 pm

I currently live in Milwaukee,WI but in Spring of 2020 will be moving back to my hometown of Omaha, NE. I'm just wondering between these 2 cities (MKE or OMA) which do you think JetBlue would pick. My guess would be OMA, although I'm still hoping that MKE will get them.

JetBlueCLT

Re: Where will JetBlue go to-MKE or OMA?

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:22 pm

B6 isn’t even in STL, MCI, IND, CMH etc etc OMA? Lol. MKE is a good thought though.
Pittsburgh Penguins, Steelers, Pirates and Charlotte Hornets Fan

jplatts

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:41 pm

There is less need for B6 to serve MKE since both DL and WN already serve LGA and BOS nonstop from MKE, since UA also already serves EWR nonstop from MKE, since WN also already serves MCO nonstop from MKE, and since WN also already has seasonal nonstop service to FLL from MKE.

On the other hand, OMA currently has no nonstop service to BOS or FLL on any airline, and there is an opportunity for B6 to add OMA-BOS and OMA-FLL nonstop service.

enilria

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:46 pm

I don’t see either happening absent a merger

flight152

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Probably never. JetBlue isn’t aware the middle of the country exists.

stl07

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Apart from av geeks, I don't think people in the midwest even know what B6 is
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

MIflyer12

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:19 pm

jplatts wrote:
On the other hand, OMA currently has no nonstop service to BOS or FLL on any airline, and there is an opportunity for B6 to add OMA-BOS and OMA-FLL nonstop service.

What leads you to think there's enough O&D demand (since BOS is a foolish place to connect, flying NE to head SW) to fill a 100-seat plane on BOS-OMA?

stlgph

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Definitely both! I mean, after JetBlue merges with Frontier then Spirit then Allegiant ....the possibilities are endless but Hawaii may be a stretch though, dammit.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

jplatts

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

MIflyer12 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

What leads you to think there's enough O&D demand (since BOS is a foolish place to connect, flying NE to head SW) to fill a 100-seat plane on BOS-OMA?

BOS is one of the top destinations traveled to from OMA that isn't currently served nonstop from OMA as there was an average of over 130 passengers a day traveling between BOS and OMA in Q4 2017.

I am unsure if there is enough demand for B6 to add OMA-BOS nonstop service, but there is likely enough demand with O&D and international connections to Europe for DL to add OMA-BOS nonstop service on regional jets.

Aliqiout

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:42 pm

stlgph wrote:
Definitely both! I mean, after JetBlue merges with Frontier then Spirit then Allegiant ....the possibilities are endless but Hawaii may be a stretch though, dammit.

I was thinking more along the lines of a merger with AS. At least they would have an existing station and could add eastbound flights at a lower cost.

MO11

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:45 pm

Flyover cities....

adamh8297

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:54 pm

jplatts wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
jplatts wrote:

BOS is one of the top destinations traveled to from OMA that isn't currently served nonstop from OMA as there was an average of over 130 passengers a day traveling between BOS and OMA in Q4 2017.

I am unsure if there is enough demand for B6 to add OMA-BOS nonstop service, but there is likely enough demand with O&D and international connections to Europe for DL to add OMA-BOS nonstop service on regional jets.

PDEW wise OMA-BOS ranges from 60-100 Winter to Summer. I think B6 could easily fill the E-190 in the summer but I'm not sure about winter. It also almost 1300 miles so its not a "regional flight."
Airlines flown: A3, AA, AC, AF, AM, BA, B6, CA, CO, CX, DL, EA, EL, IB, LH, MI, MQ, NH, NW, NZ, OU, PE, QF, S4, SQ, TP, UA, US, VS, WE, WN

UWPAviation

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Unfortunetly no, as a fellow MKE flyer I would love to see it. But not enough demand. WN, DL, UA all serve the NYC area. WN and DL serve BOS. WN has seasonal service to FLL. And WN, DL F9, G4 serve Orlando.

With that I see no way we will ever see Jetblue. ORD is such a short drive away as well

UWPAviation

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Aliqiout wrote:
stlgph wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of a merger with AS. At least they would have an existing station and could add eastbound flights at a lower cost.

If that merger ever happens then possibly. There is a big demand for MKE-SEA with Amazon. Portland didnt make it, not surprised. Still with all the service currently out of MKE to New York, Boston and Florida I find it hard to see a need for jetblue. If anything Id want AS service to SFO....That is the biggest hole for MKE now. Kind of sad that Madison has direct to SFO but MKE is only seasonal on WN.

[email protected]

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:22 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
jplatts wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:

PDEW wise OMA-BOS ranges from 60-100 Winter to Summer. I think B6 could easily fill the E-190 in the summer but I'm not sure about winter. It also almost 1300 miles so its not a "regional flight."

Plus demand stimulation from a non-stop flight plus demand stimulation from probably more attractive one way fares. So it would increase, and no doubt YOY as demand picks up. But enough for a daily year-round from day 1? Probably not unless with onward feed.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

rbavfan

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:41 pm

rj777 wrote:
I currently live in Milwaukee,WI but in Spring of 2020 will be moving back to my hometown of Omaha, NE. I'm just wondering between these 2 cities (MKE or OMA) which do you think JetBlue would pick. My guess would be OMA, although I'm still hoping that MKE will get them.

OMA would be a better market in terms of business case.

airbazar

Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:26 pm

This has actually been discussed in the Boston thread and my guess in that thread was BOS-OMA because of the financial and tech sector connections between the 2 cities.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos