Blerg
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:51 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Air Canada increases capacity to CPH in S20:

Toronto – Copenhagen
01MAY20 – 31MAY20 A330-300 replaces 787-9
eff 01JUN20 450-seater 777-300ER replaces 400-seater

Routesonline


I find it slightly weird that AC has this much capacity on CPH route while that HEL, ARN or OSL does not even have routes to YYZ. This can also explain the high capacity on YYZ-CPH though...


My guess is that AC gets a lot of feed from SK, AC also has interline agreements with several non-Star Alliance carriers in Copenhagen.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:06 am

New SAS for Summer 2020 (although many have previously been tried)

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/sas-present ... ct-routes/

SAS summer additions 2020 Sweden
From Stockholm:
Expanded and extended timetable to Beirut, in Lebanon.
The Luxembourg route is becoming a new year-round destination.

SAS summer additions 2020 Denmark
From Copenhagen:
Bari in Italy, Rhodes in Greece, Tivat in Montenegro, Zadar in Croatia.
From Aarhus:
SAS is launching new routes to Alicante in Spain and Chania on Crete in Greece, while also expanding its offering to Malaga and Palma (Majorca) in Spain.

SAS summer additions 2020 Norway
From Oslo:
Valencia in Spain.
The route from Oslo to Kyiv is becoming a new year-round destination.
New route to Bergen from Barcelona
New route from Haugesund to Copenhagen.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:50 am

Blerg wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Air Canada increases capacity to CPH in S20:

Toronto – Copenhagen
01MAY20 – 31MAY20 A330-300 replaces 787-9
eff 01JUN20 450-seater 777-300ER replaces 400-seater

Routesonline


I find it slightly weird that AC has this much capacity on CPH route while that HEL, ARN or OSL does not even have routes to YYZ. This can also explain the high capacity on YYZ-CPH though...


My guess is that AC gets a lot of feed from SK, AC also has interline agreements with several non-Star Alliance carriers in Copenhagen.

You are right. There's a lot of feed from both ends. To/from YYZ there's all the connections to the rest of Canada and the US. From CPH there's a codeshare with SK which they also have on the CPH-YYZ flight and interline agreements with some more airlines. From HAM, HAJ, GDN, the entire Baltics, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland, it's pretty much the fastest route to YYZ, which in itself also have a reasonable amount of tourists and business pax. There's also a lot of cruise passengers on that route in the summer
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
a350lover
Posts: 725
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Do you guys think that Finnair could get some further in South East Asia? Further than BKK I mean...

Thanks!
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:15 pm

a350lover wrote:
Do you guys think that Finnair could get some further in South East Asia? Further than BKK I mean...

Thanks!

I think yes. MNL, CEB, KUL, CGK and DPS are potential destinations for AY. Unfortunately, yields would not be as high as on routes in AY's main markets (China, Japan etc.) and thus it may take some time before we see these routes being launched. Additional flights to SIN are also likely if the bilateral agreement allows. The EU and ASEAN countries are to sign Open Skies agreement and that can boost traffic between these aviation markets, also between Finland and Southeast Asia.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Begues
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Blerg wrote:
So what's the reason for this drop? Why are there so many fewer passengers? Are people switching to trains or was market artificially stimulated through too much competition?


Whenever you see such a sharp drop in domestic airline travel it has to do with the economy of said nation. Sweden is more or less insolvent, the currency has lost over 30% of its value in the last 18 months, in the best of cases the Swedish economy will grow at 1-1,5% in 2020 and onwards. On top of it you have the biggest housing bubble in the history of the nation.

The domestic airline travel will drop way more in 2020, probably down to 3 million pax and possibly even less. People simply can not afford to travel by air any more. International travel will also suffer, ARN will lose millions of pax next year when the SHTF and everyone scambles to save themselves.

I have called it a long time ago in this thread, next year HEL will overtake ARN, it's no longer a if but pretty much a done deal.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:17 pm

Blerg wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Air Canada increases capacity to CPH in S20:

Toronto – Copenhagen
01MAY20 – 31MAY20 A330-300 replaces 787-9
eff 01JUN20 450-seater 777-300ER replaces 400-seater

Routesonline


I find it slightly weird that AC has this much capacity on CPH route while that HEL, ARN or OSL does not even have routes to YYZ. This can also explain the high capacity on YYZ-CPH though...


My guess is that AC gets a lot of feed from SK, AC also has interline agreements with several non-Star Alliance carriers in Copenhagen.

Could you please elaborate on how AC has "interline agreements...in Copenhagen"? What do you mean by that?
 
kanye
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:26 pm

Begues wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So what's the reason for this drop? Why are there so many fewer passengers? Are people switching to trains or was market artificially stimulated through too much competition?


Whenever you see such a sharp drop in domestic airline travel it has to do with the economy of said nation. Sweden is more or less insolvent, the currency has lost over 30% of its value in the last 18 months, in the best of cases the Swedish economy will grow at 1-1,5% in 2020 and onwards. On top of it you have the biggest housing bubble in the history of the nation.

The domestic airline travel will drop way more in 2020, probably down to 3 million pax and possibly even less. People simply can not afford to travel by air any more. International travel will also suffer, ARN will lose millions of pax next year when the SHTF and everyone scambles to save themselves.

I have called it a long time ago in this thread, next year HEL will overtake ARN, it's no longer a if but pretty much a done deal.





Why are you even writing this bullshit?
This “insolvent” country has the highest credit rating which exists and the interest expenditure on public debt is next year the lowest in whole EU. The government budget is right now estimated to a surplus of 35 billion euros between 2018-2022. The drop of air travel is mostly because the largest train company SJ increased 10% so far this year. Also MTR Express is increasing and soon Flixtrain will enter the market and reduce fares even more.
 
MalevTU134
Posts: 2188
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:51 pm

Begues wrote:
Blerg wrote:
So what's the reason for this drop? Why are there so many fewer passengers? Are people switching to trains or was market artificially stimulated through too much competition?


Whenever you see such a sharp drop in domestic airline travel it has to do with the economy of said nation. Sweden is more or less insolvent, the currency has lost over 30% of its value in the last 18 months, in the best of cases the Swedish economy will grow at 1-1,5% in 2020 and onwards. On top of it you have the biggest housing bubble in the history of the nation.

The domestic airline travel will drop way more in 2020, probably down to 3 million pax and possibly even less. People simply can not afford to travel by air any more. International travel will also suffer, ARN will lose millions of pax next year when the SHTF and everyone scambles to save themselves.

I have called it a long time ago in this thread, next year HEL will overtake ARN, it's no longer a if but pretty much a done deal.

While I am not at all politically aligned with the current government, this comment of yours is just outright inncorrect.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Air Canada increases capacity to CPH in S20:

I find it slightly weird that AC has this much capacity on CPH route while that HEL, ARN or OSL does not even have routes to YYZ. This can also explain the high capacity on YYZ-CPH though...


My guess is that AC gets a lot of feed from SK, AC also has interline agreements with several non-Star Alliance carriers in Copenhagen.

Could you please elaborate on how AC has "interline agreements...in Copenhagen"? What do you mean by that?


Well Air Serbia has an interline agreement with AC and one of the transfer airports in Copenhagen. This combination is especially popular in summer when JU has at times over 20 passengers connecting from AC. This is lower than a codeshare so it doesn't show up first in booking engines but travel agents can do it without a problem.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am

SAS' CPH–EWR will be flown by A350 from 29 March 2020.

Twitter
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:52 am

QuawerAir wrote:
SAS' CPH–EWR will be flown by A350 from 29 March 2020.

Twitter


:checkmark:

Finnair please, JFK needs A350. Or A330 with a cabin facelift.. That will start in the end of 2020, with introducing the new Premium Economy?
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 am

MareBorealis wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
SAS' CPH–EWR will be flown by A350 from 29 March 2020.

Twitter


:checkmark:

Finnair please, JFK needs A350. Or A330 with a cabin facelift.. That will start in the end of 2020, with introducing the new Premium Economy?

I believe AY will deploy its first A330 with a refurbished cabin to U.S routes as A350s are flying to Asia. We may see A350 flying to JFK in the near future if Russia does not grant additional overflight rights soon.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
seansasLCY
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:16 pm

It's being reported that SAS will move one of the Oslo-LHR flights to STN (Similar to what they did with CPH).

"Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - London Stansted to Oslo. Flights start 28 June 2020

STN 0915-1225 OSL (We)
STN 1055-1405 OSL (Mo)
STN 1125-1435 OSL (Su)
STN 2115-0025+1 OSL (Fr)

OSL 0700-0825 STN (We)
OSL 0840-1005 STN (Mo)
OSL 0920-1045 STN (Su)
OSL 1900-2025 STN (Fr)"

"SAS will also reduce its London Heathrow to Oslo route from 5 to 4 daily flights from 28 June 2020

The following flights will be cut:
LHR 0705-1015 OSL (Mon-Fri)
OSL 2015-2135 LHR (Mon-Thur & Sun)"

Details from @seanm1997 on twitter https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 96993?s=20
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:39 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
SAS' CPH–EWR will be flown by A350 from 29 March 2020.

Twitter

It's only SK901/902 (the seasonal evening deparure)
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:07 pm

SAS changes aircraft on LH routes for the summer of 2020.
CPH-ORD: A330-300 (A340-300 operating on Wednesdays) will replace A350-900 from June 7th

CPH-PEK: A330-300 will replace A350-900 from June 6th.

CPH-HKG: Mix of A340-300 and A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300 from June 6th.

CPH-LAX: Mix of A340-300 and A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300

CPH-EWR:
SK901/902: A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300 until June 7th.
SK909-910: A340-300 will replace A330-300 on Tuesdays (June 9th-August 4th)
A350-900 will replace A330-300 (August 11th-September 1st)
A340-300 will replace A330-300 (September 8th-October 20th)

CPH-SFO: Mix of A340-300 and A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300 from June 8th.

CPH-PVG: Mix of A340-300 and A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300 from June 10th.

CPH-NRT: Mix of A340-300 and A350-900 will replace mix of A330-300 and A340-300 from June 9th.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rY6Ji6udwg
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Asiaflyer
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:38 pm

seansasLCY wrote:
It's being reported that SAS will move one of the Oslo-LHR flights to STN (Similar to what they did with CPH).

"Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - London Stansted to Oslo. Flights start 28 June 2020

STN 0915-1225 OSL (We)
STN 1055-1405 OSL (Mo)
STN 1125-1435 OSL (Su)
STN 2115-0025+1 OSL (Fr)

OSL 0700-0825 STN (We)
OSL 0840-1005 STN (Mo)
OSL 0920-1045 STN (Su)
OSL 1900-2025 STN (Fr)"

"SAS will also reduce its London Heathrow to Oslo route from 5 to 4 daily flights from 28 June 2020

The following flights will be cut:
LHR 0705-1015 OSL (Mon-Fri)
OSL 2015-2135 LHR (Mon-Thur & Sun)"

Details from @seanm1997 on twitter https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 96993?s=20

And similar to what they did with GOT-LHR and after that the LHR slot was sold. Does SK plan to sell another LHR slot?
SQ,MI,MH,CX,KA,CA,CZ,MU,KE,OZ,QF,NZ,FD,JQ,3K,5J,IT,AI,IC,QR,SK,LF,KL,AF,LH,LX,OS,SR,BA,SN,FR,WF,1I,5T,VZ,VX,AC,NW,UA,US,
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Asiaflyer wrote:
seansasLCY wrote:
It's being reported that SAS will move one of the Oslo-LHR flights to STN (Similar to what they did with CPH).

"Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - London Stansted to Oslo. Flights start 28 June 2020

STN 0915-1225 OSL (We)
STN 1055-1405 OSL (Mo)
STN 1125-1435 OSL (Su)
STN 2115-0025+1 OSL (Fr)

OSL 0700-0825 STN (We)
OSL 0840-1005 STN (Mo)
OSL 0920-1045 STN (Su)
OSL 1900-2025 STN (Fr)"

"SAS will also reduce its London Heathrow to Oslo route from 5 to 4 daily flights from 28 June 2020

The following flights will be cut:
LHR 0705-1015 OSL (Mon-Fri)
OSL 2015-2135 LHR (Mon-Thur & Sun)"

Details from @seanm1997 on twitter https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 96993?s=20

And similar to what they did with GOT-LHR and after that the LHR slot was sold. Does SK plan to sell another LHR slot?


Probably not, as it seems like the STN flight is only operating untill August 10, about one week before the Norwegian School holiday ends. OSL-LHR then seems to return to 5x daily

Don't know what SAS intends to do with the LHR slot for those six weeks (or so) the flight last
 
THS214
Posts: 231
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:12 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
MareBorealis wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
SAS' CPH–EWR will be flown by A350 from 29 March 2020.

Twitter


:checkmark:

Finnair please, JFK needs A350. Or A330 with a cabin facelift.. That will start in the end of 2020, with introducing the new Premium Economy?

I believe AY will deploy its first A330 with a refurbished cabin to U.S routes as A350s are flying to Asia. We may see A350 flying to JFK in the near future if Russia does not grant additional overflight rights soon.


I believe that Finnair will get those rights. Russia want to have good relationship with Finland as a way to communicate with EU but those rights won't come too early.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:08 pm

Someone83 wrote:
Asiaflyer wrote:
seansasLCY wrote:
It's being reported that SAS will move one of the Oslo-LHR flights to STN (Similar to what they did with CPH).

"Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) - London Stansted to Oslo. Flights start 28 June 2020

STN 0915-1225 OSL (We)
STN 1055-1405 OSL (Mo)
STN 1125-1435 OSL (Su)
STN 2115-0025+1 OSL (Fr)

OSL 0700-0825 STN (We)
OSL 0840-1005 STN (Mo)
OSL 0920-1045 STN (Su)
OSL 1900-2025 STN (Fr)"

"SAS will also reduce its London Heathrow to Oslo route from 5 to 4 daily flights from 28 June 2020

The following flights will be cut:
LHR 0705-1015 OSL (Mon-Fri)
OSL 2015-2135 LHR (Mon-Thur & Sun)"

Details from @seanm1997 on twitter https://twitter.com/SeanM1997/status/11 ... 96993?s=20

And similar to what they did with GOT-LHR and after that the LHR slot was sold. Does SK plan to sell another LHR slot?


Probably not, as it seems like the STN flight is only operating untill August 10, about one week before the Norwegian School holiday ends. OSL-LHR then seems to return to 5x daily

Don't know what SAS intends to do with the LHR slot for those six weeks (or so) the flight last

You are right. It's only seasonal. It frees up a SAIL A320Neo to operate some holiday flights during the summer.
The STN flights will be operated by Boeing 737-700s/-800s.
Like you, I don't know what will happen to that slot during that period of time, but I'm pretty sure it'll be leased to another airline
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
kameleonten
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:48 pm

After all the discussions of additional destinations in Canada for SAS, it seems Air Transat beat them to it (although just for a short period during the summer initially). YUL-CPH to operate twice weekly June 16-Sep 20 next year, with A321LR.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... en-461205/
 
JCCLAG
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:03 am

I guess if you sit on your hands for too long someone else will be first.

In relation to that when will Korean air beat SAS on Seoul-CPH?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:32 am

Haven't checked the start and end dates, but assumes SAS new OSL-VCE routes will only operate during the schools summer holiday period.

It is only 1x weekly with Cityjet CRJ-900

SK4911 OSL-VCE 13:15-15:55 6 CR9
SK4912 VCE-OSL 16:40-19:25 6 CR9
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:57 am

Air Leap is to add to ATR-72-500 to their fleet in 2020.

Not sure where they intend to use them
 
VSMUT
Posts: 3038
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:58 am

Someone83 wrote:
Air Leap is to add to ATR-72-500 to their fleet in 2020.

Not sure where they intend to use them


Source? Owned, leased or ACMI?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:54 am

VSMUT wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Air Leap is to add to ATR-72-500 to their fleet in 2020.

Not sure where they intend to use them


Source? Owned, leased or ACMI?


Air Leap on social media. At least one of them will be used to Mariehamn which the new (?) contract requires a minimum 70 seats aircraft
 
VSMUT
Posts: 3038
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Someone83 wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Air Leap is to add to ATR-72-500 to their fleet in 2020.

Not sure where they intend to use them


Source? Owned, leased or ACMI?


Air Leap on social media. At least one of them will be used to Mariehamn which the new (?) contract requires a minimum 70 seats aircraft


Thanks!

It says they are adding 2 actually, 74-seaters. A bit weird, 74 seats are uncommon, and bit more tight than usual.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:28 am

OFFICIAL: Finnair will fly to Tokyo Haneda as of March 2020 while maintaining its 2x daily to NRT. This means 4x daily flights to Tokyo from HEL in S20! Wow! I believe this is possible as AY decreased BKK to 7 weekly (10x weekly last summer) and discontinued CKG (4x weekly).

Timetable:
AY061 HEL00:50 – 16:15HND
AY062 HND01:35 – 05:30 HEL

news.cision
Last edited by QuawerAir on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:39 am

QuawerAir wrote:
OFFICIAL: Finnair will fly to Tokyo Haneda as of March 2020 while maintaining its 2x daily to NRT. This means 4x daily flights to Tokyo from HEL in S20! Wow! I believe this is possible as AY decreased BKK to 7 weekly (10x weekly last summer) and discontinued CKG (4x weekly).

news.cision


Are you sure with the 2x daily to NRT? From what I can se is 1x by Finnair and 1x by JAL, when trying to book

It is also a little interresting that this flight is outside their main Asian departure bank, but at one point they have to furter expand their secondary "bank"
Last edited by Someone83 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am

Someone83 wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
OFFICIAL: Finnair will fly to Tokyo Haneda as of March 2020 while maintaining its 2x daily to NRT. This means 4x daily flights to Tokyo from HEL in S20! Wow! I believe this is possible as AY decreased BKK to 7 weekly (10x weekly last summer) and discontinued CKG (4x weekly).

news.cision


Are you sure with the 2x daily to NRT? From what I can se is 1x by Finnair and 1x by JAL, when trying to book

The timetable shows 4 daily flights but apparently it's not updated yet. Indeed 3x daily flights.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:24 pm

SAS september traffic numbers, inc charter:

Passengers: 2.928 +3,0%
ASK: +1,5%
RPK: +1.0%
Load factor: 78,7% -0,5pp
Yield: 1,05 SEK +6,5% (+5,4% FX adjusted)
PASK: 0,81 SEK +5,5% (+4,4% FX adjusted)

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/during-sept ... -with-sas/


IC is highlighted as a rather weak performer, much due to weaker SEK, while domestic is showing good number. Norway is growing most, but even Sweden sees growing numbers this month, according to SAS
Last edited by Someone83 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
minilinde
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Someone83 wrote:
SAS september traffic numbers, inc charter:

Passengers: 2.928 -3,0%...


Number of PAX +3,0%
 
kanye
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:32 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Someone83 wrote:
SAS september traffic numbers, inc charter:

Passengers: 2.928 -3,0%
ASK: +1,5%
RPK: +1.0%
Load factor: 78,7% -0,5pp
Yield: 1,05 SEK +6,5% (+5,4% FX adjusted)
PASK: 0,81 SEK +5,5% (+4,4% FX adjusted)

https://www.sasgroup.net/en/during-sept ... -with-sas/


IC is highlighted as a rather weak performer, much due to weaker SEK, while domestic is showing good number. Norway is growing most, but even Sweden sees growing numbers this month, according to SAS



Passengers were plus 3%, not minus.
Readly good month for SAS.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:43 pm

minilinde wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
SAS september traffic numbers, inc charter:

Passengers: 2.928 -3,0%...


Number of PAX +3,0%


Fixed

Punching error from my side
 
Kikko19
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Ba strike and tc bankruptcy helped. IMHO
 
minilinde
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Someone83 wrote:
minilinde wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
SAS september traffic numbers, inc charter:

Passengers: 2.928 -3,0%...


Number of PAX +3,0%


Fixed

Punching error from my side


It can happen to all of us ;)
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:55 pm

HEL September 2019 statistics

Domestic: 230,367 (+0.4%)
International: 1,693,419 (+7.5%)
Total: 1,923,786 (+6.6%)

YTD Total: 16,672,246 (+5.5%)
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:36 am

Can someone list the busiest Nordic airports now that the summer has passed? Will be interesting to see if there were some changes.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:35 am

Blerg wrote:
Can someone list the busiest Nordic airports now that the summer has passed? Will be interesting to see if there were some changes.

There you go :)

Top 5 busiest Nordic airports (January-August 2019):

CPH: 20,496,285 (-0.1%)
OSL: 19,240,271 (+0.3%)
ARN: 17,380,053 (-5%)
HEL: 14,748,468 (+5.4%)
KEF: 5,156,884 (-23.5%)
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:43 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Can someone list the busiest Nordic airports now that the summer has passed? Will be interesting to see if there were some changes.

There you go :)

Top 5 busiest Nordic airports (January-August 2019):

CPH: 20,496,285 (-0.1%)
OSL: 19,240,271 (+0.3%)
ARN: 17,380,053 (-5%)
HEL: 14,748,468 (+5.4%)
KEF: 5,156,884 (-23.5%)


Thank you! :D I thought HEL would be the only one to have real growth but I wasn't sure. If this trend continues then could we see HEL overtake ARN? Norwegian is cutting quite a lot of flights from Stockholm this year so that will have a negative impact on ARN's numbers.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 am

Blerg wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Can someone list the busiest Nordic airports now that the summer has passed? Will be interesting to see if there were some changes.

There you go :)

Top 5 busiest Nordic airports (January-August 2019):

CPH: 20,496,285 (-0.1%)
OSL: 19,240,271 (+0.3%)
ARN: 17,380,053 (-5%)
HEL: 14,748,468 (+5.4%)
KEF: 5,156,884 (-23.5%)


Thank you! :D I thought HEL would be the only one to have real growth but I wasn't sure. If this trend continues then could we see HEL overtake ARN? Norwegian is cutting quite a lot of flights from Stockholm this year so that will have a negative impact on ARN's numbers.

I believe HEL eventually overtakes ARN and I would say by 2022. My prediction for this year is that HEL will see 22 Mio passengers and ARN 25.5 Mio. I also believe that next year will hit ARN's pax volumes even harder than this year. If nothing changes (notably) in the politics in Finland and Sweden regarding aviation, HEL may serve 30 Mio passengers annually before ARN.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:02 am

Blerg wrote:
Thank you! :D I thought HEL would be the only one to have real growth but I wasn't sure. If this trend continues then could we see HEL overtake ARN? Norwegian is cutting quite a lot of flights from Stockholm this year so that will have a negative impact on ARN's numbers.


Norwegian seems also to be cutting at HEL, although Finnair and other is seeing solid growth
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:45 am

Speaking of growth:

Finnair Traffic Performance in September 2019

Passenger load factors improved clearly in European, North-Atlantic and domestic traffic; capacity growth exceeded demand growth in Asian traffic and cargo

In September, Finnair carried 1,279,700 passengers, 10.4% more than in the corresponding period of 2018. The overall capacity measured in Available Seat Kilometres (ASK) increased in September by 8.5%. Finnair's traffic measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPKs) increased by 9.8%, and the Passenger Load Factor (PLF) increased year-on-year by 1.0% points to 81.7%.


Once again, Finnair witnessed good growth. While PLF on Asian routes decreased to 80.7%, PLF grew by 5.5p on European routes (82.1%) and 11.4p on North American routes (90.1%). I'm particularly happy to see Finnair's U.S routes doing well.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:56 am

Nice to see Finnair and HEL making the most of their geographical location. Stockholm on the other hand is sandwiched between HEL and CPH and I don't think they'll ever become a serious hub especially not while Sweden is engaged in an anti-aviation Crusade.

Anyone know why CPH had such a minimal growth this year?
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:00 am

Someone83 wrote:
Norwegian seems also to be cutting at HEL


And that's too bad. I really hope they'll get back on tracks, being the clear #2 in HEL. For an example, without them the domestic market would be left for AY.
 
armchairceonr1
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:02 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Speaking of growth:

Finnair Traffic Performance in September 2019

Passenger load factors improved clearly in European, North-Atlantic and domestic traffic; capacity growth exceeded demand growth in Asian traffic and cargo

In September, Finnair carried 1,279,700 passengers, 10.4% more than in the corresponding period of 2018. The overall capacity measured in Available Seat Kilometres (ASK) increased in September by 8.5%. Finnair's traffic measured in Revenue Passenger Kilometres (RPKs) increased by 9.8%, and the Passenger Load Factor (PLF) increased year-on-year by 1.0% points to 81.7%.


Once again, Finnair witnessed good growth. While PLF on Asian routes decreased to 80.7%, PLF grew by 5.5p on European routes (82.1%) and 11.4p on North American routes (90.1%). I'm particularly happy to see Finnair's U.S routes doing well.

AY's development in Asia is very worrying. Maybe they don't have enough feeding capacity or they have added too much capacity to Asia. Or both together.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:04 am

MareBorealis wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
Norwegian seems also to be cutting at HEL


And that's too bad. I really hope they'll get back on tracks, being the clear #2 in HEL. For an example, without them the domestic market would be left for AY.


My understanding is that they are bleeding money in HEL
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:10 am

I'm a little dubious HEL will overtake ARN by 2022. The population in the Stockholm metropolitan area is significantly greater than Helsinki and the country is not exactly poor.
 
SKAirbus
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:18 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:20 am

davidjohnson6 wrote:
I'm a little dubious HEL will overtake ARN by 2022. The population in the Stockholm metropolitan area is significantly greater than Helsinki and the country is not exactly poor.


Well despite Stockholm being the largest city in the Nordic region, ARN is still only the third largest airport in passengers numbers. Why? Connections aren't a huge thing there and besides that they are a pain in the arse. Despite being in Schengen and the EU, domestic flights operate from separate terminals and there are no airside walkways to make the transfers seamless. Even OSL, being outside the EU, has installed an airside customs border so you can transfer from international to domestic flights without having to go through security again, or rechecking your luggage. At CPH domestic and intra-Schengen flights operate from the same area.

At ARN I've always said that Terminal 4 should just be made part of Terminal 5 with an airside walkway constructed in Sky City. Then domestic and intra-Schengen flights can operate from the same area and transfers are made easier. There is precedent for this in Sweden: at GOT all domestic and intra-Schengen flights operate from the same area within the terminal.

HEL is huge on connections, which I imagine is the main driver in pushing its passenger numbers upwards. OSL has a large number of connections from international to domestic flights and vice versa and CPH serves both a huge metropolitan area (Sjælland + Skåne) and is big connecting hub.
Base: BRU
 
Someone83
Posts: 4391
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:06 pm

ARN September

Domestic 450 046 (-3%)
International 1 881 233 (-2%)
Total 2 331 279 (-2%)

ARN keeps falling. However, if SAS claims their domestic Swedish traffic is up, others must be losing?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos