EFHK wrote:QuawerAir wrote:I calculated the numbers based on last summer's traffic and already mentioned service changes for S20:
- Finnair will receive 2 new A350 in 1H2020. So, AY should be able to add 14 (-ish) weekly flights (one new long-haul a/c = +7 weekly flights) to its long-haul network.
- Of these available 14 weekly frequencies, 3 will be used to Busan (and thus 11 left).
- PKX will be flown 3x weekly with A330. The timetable shows that BKK decreases from 10 to 7 weekly flights. So basically no changes here.
- One A350 will be moved from 1 daily NRT to HND, no aircraft changes here either.
- CKG (4 weekly) is not returning in S20, thus one A330 released from this route on 4 days.
OK, I see your logic now. However, there seems to be a little flaw. HND will actually take 7 of those 14 weekly flights, since the route will tie up 2 frames instead of one (as was the case with the second NRT), because the route is a red-eye to both directions, thus not fitting into the 24-hour pattern.
You're right. I didn't take that into consideration Hence, unless I'm wrong, AY has an A330 available for 4 flights per week and A350 for 4 as well. There is still room for some expansion. Let's see what AY will do