Oykie
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:41 pm

SASViking wrote:
Oykie wrote:
Bostrom wrote:
It is now reported that the first A321LR-route for SAS will be CPH-BOS. The inaugural flight will be 2020-09-18 and tickets will go on sale next week. No reports yet on where the other two aircraft will be used.

Link (in Swedish): https://www.di.se/live/nu-ar-det-klart- ... an-lyfter/


I’m really looking forward to these planes being delivered and to see the interior.

I assume they will be delivered with CFM Leap engines?

From what I've heard they should indeed be with CFM Leap.
Regarding the interior it'll be very close to the one on the A330/A340/A350s although the seats in business will be slightly narrower and unlike the WBs not all business class seats will offer direct access to the aisle


Thanks. I can see that window seats needs to step over the neighbors. It’s not the same quality as the very comfortable seats in their widebodies, but it’s still a high quality and better seats than their 737 from Privatair
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Oykie wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
SAS has just released the seatmap for the A321LR. As expected the Economy Plus sextips is 2-2 konfig and 3 rows. So a very good premium economy offering in a rather private cabin


I did not find it online. I found out it will have the same business class seats as Aer Lingus, but not the number of seats.


157 seats: 22 Business, 12 Premium Economy and 123 Economy
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:52 am

SAS increases US flights in September/October 2020, including a notable increase on CPH–MIA service:

SAS Sep/Oct 2020 US service changes

Copenhagen – Boston eff 26SEP20 Service increases from 4 to 6 weekly. A321neo LR operates on 2 of 6 weekly flights (Day 36), replacing A330, until 17OCT20 (Selected week sees A321neo LR operates 3 weekly)
Copenhagen – Miami eff 18SEP20 A330-300 operates 6 weekly, increase from 2 weekly
Copenhagen – Newark eff 18SEP20 Increase from 13 to 14 weekly
Oslo – Miami eff 21SEP20 2 weekly A330-300 (Previously filed 1 weekly from 30SEP20)
Stockholm Arlanda – Miami eff 19SEP20 Seasonal service moves forward to late-September 2020, 2 weekly A330-300


Routesonline
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:20 am

Widerøe is increasing their program from KRS Summer 2020

London-Stansted +2 weekly, to daily
Bergen +4 weekly 37x weekly ( up to 6 daily)
Copenhagen +1 weekly to 3x daily
Trondheim +2 weekly to 15x weekly


Copenhagen – Boston eff 26SEP20 Service increases from 4 to 6 weekly. A321neo LR operates on 2 of 6 weekly flights (Day 36), replacing A330, until 17OCT20 (Selected week sees A321neo LR operates 3 weekly)


Obviously not fully updated yet as all 6 weekly flight will be with the A321LR
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:41 pm

The Finnish Minister of Transport, Sanna Marin, will meet the Russian Prime Minister and the Minister of Transport in Moscow on Monday, 25th November.

They will among others discuss about traffic connections between the countries. I would not rule out the possibility of Russia granting more overflight permits.

LVM
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
kruiseri
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
The route seems to be opened on 30 March 2020.

HO1609 PVG 00:55 – 06:00 HEL 135
HO1609 HEL 07:30 – 08:30 MAN 135

HO1610 MAN 10:00 – 15:10 HEL 135
HO1610 HEL 17:30 – 07:30+1 PVG 135

Overall, Shanghai Pudong–Helsinki remains daily.


That would be pretty good for my Man United trips ;-)

Any idea, are they planning to codeshare with AY on the HEL-MAN segment too ?
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:30 pm

kruiseri wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
The route seems to be opened on 30 March 2020.

HO1609 PVG 00:55 – 06:00 HEL 135
HO1609 HEL 07:30 – 08:30 MAN 135

HO1610 MAN 10:00 – 15:10 HEL 135
HO1610 HEL 17:30 – 07:30+1 PVG 135

Overall, Shanghai Pudong–Helsinki remains daily.


That would be pretty good for my Man United trips ;-)

Any idea, are they planning to codeshare with AY on the HEL-MAN segment too ?

Nothing has been mentioned but I hope so. Juneyao sells flights to around 20 European destinations (incl. MAN), each via HEL, on their website but the connection from HEL is only AY-coded.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:37 pm

DAT will fly 3x weekly between Aarhus and Bornholm during 5 weeks the coming Summer holiday. It will be their only route from AAR
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:05 pm

The season of winter charters has started in Finnish Lapland today, with ENT3101 (B378) Bristol-Enontekiö. Last winter northern Finland got 779 charter flights, mainly from UK and Central-Europe. Finavia expects the collapse of Thomas Cook brings the numbers slightly down this season.

The local tourism industry has high hopes for the scheduled services from Europe this winter. The flights are operated 1-3 times weekly typically:

Easyjet: LGW-RVN, MAN-RVN
Finnair: LGW-KTT, ZRH-KTT, CDG-KTT
Lufthansa: MUC-KTT, FRA-KAO
Norwegian: LGW-RVN
Turkish Airlines: IST-RVN

Interesting to see how the new seasonal TK service IST-RVN develops, is the demand there. Flights are operated 3x weekly, flight time 4h40min, aicraft B738. Finnair has scheduled services to six airports in Lapland from HEL, in winter you see a lot of Asian passengers on these flights.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Someone83 wrote:
DAT will fly 3x weekly between Aarhus and Bornholm during 5 weeks the coming Summer holiday. It will be their only route from AAR

On top of that, DAT will also operate Saarbrücken-Berlin/Tegel-Rønne/Bornholm (SNC-TXL-RNN) twice weekly in the summer, operated by an ATR 72-600
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
FredrikHAD
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Someone83 wrote:
BRA will be leasing 5 E190 from Geman Airways/WDL Aviation, Mainly to operate BMA-MMX and BMA-GOT

https://forum.flyprat.no/showthread.php?t=150290

I’ve been wondering how two new ATRs would replace 10 RJ-85/100 :). I guess they’ll be used for the charters to Europe as well. Do you know if BRA’s own staff will fly them or will they come with crew?
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:56 am

AY will cancel 276 flights today (some were canceled last night already) because of a support strike for postal workers who have been on a strike for the past two weeks.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:25 am

Here are the increases for summer 2020 from Poland to the Nordics by Wizz Air:

New routes:
Krakow – Bergen eff 01AUG20 3 weekly A321
Krakow – Haugesund eff 03AUG20 2 weekly A321
Krakow – Stavanger eff 01AUG20 3 weekly A321
Krakow – Tromso eff 02AUG20 2 weekly A321
Krakow – Trondheim eff 02JUL20 3 weekly A321
Warsaw – Turku eff 04JUN20 2 weekly A321

Additional frequencies:

Gdansk – Alesund eff 02JUN20 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly
Gdansk – Bodo eff 02JUN20 Increase from 2 to 3 weekly
Gdansk – Haugesund eff 02JUN20 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly
Gdansk – Malmo eff 02JUN20 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly
Gdansk – Oslo eff 01JUN20 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly
Gdansk – Reykjavik Keflavik eff 07JUN20 Increase from 3 to 4 weekly
Gdansk – Stavanger eff 01JUN20 Increase from 5 to 7 weekly
Gdansk – Trondheim eff 07JUN20 Increase from 3 to 4 weekly

That's a lot of extra capacity, especially to Norway. Is Norway their top Nordic market in terms of seats and passengers?

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... on-in-s20/
 
Bostrom
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 pm

FredrikHAD wrote:
Someone83 wrote:
BRA will be leasing 5 E190 from Geman Airways/WDL Aviation, Mainly to operate BMA-MMX and BMA-GOT

https://forum.flyprat.no/showthread.php?t=150290

I’ve been wondering how two new ATRs would replace 10 RJ-85/100 :). I guess they’ll be used for the charters to Europe as well. Do you know if BRA’s own staff will fly them or will they come with crew?


They will be wetleased, so German Airways/WDL crew.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:13 pm

OSL is accelerating part of the non-Schengen expansion. Originally 3 gates with bridges was supposed to be ready in 2022, and 2 more in 2024, but now all 5 will be ready in 2022. This means capacity is increased at an earlier time and the it becomes cheaper to built. Down side is more bussing to non-Schengen flight in the period 2020-2022
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:17 pm

ilari wrote:
AY will cancel 276 flights today (some were canceled last night already) because of a support strike for postal workers who have been on a strike for the past two weeks.

That must be all their flights? How many flights do they operate daily? 276 seems already quite high.
 
EFHK
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:52 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 pm

MartijnNL wrote:
ilari wrote:
AY will cancel 276 flights today (some were canceled last night already) because of a support strike for postal workers who have been on a strike for the past two weeks.

That must be all their flights? How many flights do they operate daily? 276 seems already quite high.


They operate around 370 daily, so about 90 were supposed to operate today.

This whole event is very unfortunate for AY since they play absolutely no part in the actual labor issue, it involves directly only about 700 postal service workers, but many other unions in Finland have apparently been just too hungry for striking for whatever reason, and now are having these "sympathy strikes" for the postal workers.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:00 am

QuawerAir wrote:
SAS increases US flights in September/October 2020, including a notable increase on CPH–MIA service:

SAS Sep/Oct 2020 US service changes

Copenhagen – Boston eff 26SEP20 Service increases from 4 to 6 weekly. A321neo LR operates on 2 of 6 weekly flights (Day 36), replacing A330, until 17OCT20 (Selected week sees A321neo LR operates 3 weekly)
Copenhagen – Miami eff 18SEP20 A330-300 operates 6 weekly, increase from 2 weekly
Copenhagen – Newark eff 18SEP20 Increase from 13 to 14 weekly
Oslo – Miami eff 21SEP20 2 weekly A330-300 (Previously filed 1 weekly from 30SEP20)
Stockholm Arlanda – Miami eff 19SEP20 Seasonal service moves forward to late-September 2020, 2 weekly A330-300


Routesonline


There seems to be an error from Airlineroute regarding MIA. MIA is total showing 6 weekly SAS flights, 2 from each Scandinavian capital

Also, CPH-BOS is now updated, showing daily A321LR

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... poct-2020/

Blerg wrote:
Here are the increases for summer 2020 from Poland to the Nordics by Wizz Air:

That's a lot of extra capacity, especially to Norway. Is Norway their top Nordic market in terms of seats and passengers?


Yes, Norway is by far Wizz largest market in the Nordic, especially helped be the demand between Norway and Poland
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:08 am

Someone83 wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
SAS increases US flights in September/October 2020, including a notable increase on CPH–MIA service:

SAS Sep/Oct 2020 US service changes

Copenhagen – Boston eff 26SEP20 Service increases from 4 to 6 weekly. A321neo LR operates on 2 of 6 weekly flights (Day 36), replacing A330, until 17OCT20 (Selected week sees A321neo LR operates 3 weekly)
Copenhagen – Miami eff 18SEP20 A330-300 operates 6 weekly, increase from 2 weekly
Copenhagen – Newark eff 18SEP20 Increase from 13 to 14 weekly
Oslo – Miami eff 21SEP20 2 weekly A330-300 (Previously filed 1 weekly from 30SEP20)
Stockholm Arlanda – Miami eff 19SEP20 Seasonal service moves forward to late-September 2020, 2 weekly A330-300


Routesonline


There seems to be an error from Airlineroute regarding MIA. MIA is total showing 6 weekly SAS flights, 2 from each Scandinavian capital

Also, CPH-BOS is now updated, showing daily A321LR

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... poct-2020/

Blerg wrote:
Here are the increases for summer 2020 from Poland to the Nordics by Wizz Air:

That's a lot of extra capacity, especially to Norway. Is Norway their top Nordic market in terms of seats and passengers?


Yes, Norway is by far Wizz largest market in the Nordic, especially helped be the demand between Norway and Poland


I guess if costs were lower in Norway they would have opened a base by now. Like this it is far more efficient to use Polish crew for those flights. Who knows, maybe in the future they introduce W pattern flights.
 
minilinde
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Schedule for first SK A350 (times are local):

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-11-29 SK9154 TLS-CPH 12:00-14:00
2019-12-09 SK9228 CPH-ARN 21:30-22:45
2019-12-10 SK9227 ARN-OSL 21:00-22:05
2019-12-11 SK9227 OSL-CPH 21:30-22:45
2019-12-12 SK9280 CPH-BLL 14:00-14:45
2019-12-12 SK9281 BLL-BLL 15:05-15:35
2019-12-12 SK9282 BLL-BLL 15:55-16:25
2019-12-12 SK9283 BLL-BLL 16:45-17:15
2019-12-12 SK9284 BLL-BLL 17:35-18:05
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15

It will fly to ARN and OSL for press. BLL are training, and will continue on weekdays during december and january, untill first revenue flight 28JAN to ORD.
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, CRJ2, CRJ9, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
THS214
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:45 pm

EFHK wrote:
MartijnNL wrote:
ilari wrote:
AY will cancel 276 flights today (some were canceled last night already) because of a support strike for postal workers who have been on a strike for the past two weeks.

That must be all their flights? How many flights do they operate daily? 276 seems already quite high.


They operate around 370 daily, so about 90 were supposed to operate today.

This whole event is very unfortunate for AY since they play absolutely no part in the actual labor issue, it involves directly only about 700 postal service workers, but many other unions in Finland have apparently been just too hungry for striking for whatever reason, and now are having these "sympathy strikes" for the postal workers.


Finnair was not part of the deal but those 700 postal workers were facing 30-50% decrease for their already low salaries. Non of the unions were hungry to strike but they wanted this to stop because otherwise this will continue for other workers. It took weeks and still those support strikes are limited. For example for Finnair it was one day. One can say that the employer unions were hungry to strike. It takes two to tango.

Ps. I'm not for employers or unions. Just watching from outside with no opinion how to solve this situation.
 
okobjorn
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:57 pm

minilinde wrote:

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15


That is either one very fast or very slow A350 :lol:
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:03 pm

minilinde wrote:
Schedule for first SK A350 (times are local):

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-11-29 SK9154 TLS-CPH 12:00-14:00
2019-12-09 SK9228 CPH-ARN 21:30-22:45
2019-12-10 SK9227 ARN-OSL 21:00-22:05
2019-12-11 SK9227 OSL-CPH 21:30-22:45
2019-12-12 SK9280 CPH-BLL 14:00-14:45
2019-12-12 SK9281 BLL-BLL 15:05-15:35
2019-12-12 SK9282 BLL-BLL 15:55-16:25
2019-12-12 SK9283 BLL-BLL 16:45-17:15
2019-12-12 SK9284 BLL-BLL 17:35-18:05
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15

It will fly to ARN and OSL for press. BLL are training, and will continue on weekdays during december and january, untill first revenue flight 28JAN to ORD.


Do you know if there'll be any bookable A350 familiarization flights?
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:17 pm

MareBorealis wrote:
minilinde wrote:
Schedule for first SK A350 (times are local):

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-11-29 SK9154 TLS-CPH 12:00-14:00
2019-12-09 SK9228 CPH-ARN 21:30-22:45
2019-12-10 SK9227 ARN-OSL 21:00-22:05
2019-12-11 SK9227 OSL-CPH 21:30-22:45
2019-12-12 SK9280 CPH-BLL 14:00-14:45
2019-12-12 SK9281 BLL-BLL 15:05-15:35
2019-12-12 SK9282 BLL-BLL 15:55-16:25
2019-12-12 SK9283 BLL-BLL 16:45-17:15
2019-12-12 SK9284 BLL-BLL 17:35-18:05
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15

It will fly to ARN and OSL for press. BLL are training, and will continue on weekdays during december and january, untill first revenue flight 28JAN to ORD.


Do you know if there'll be any bookable A350 familiarization flights?

Sadly there won't be any
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
minilinde
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:56 pm

okobjorn wrote:
minilinde wrote:

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15


That is either one very fast or very slow A350 :lol:


Haha, yeah a typo :)
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B735, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, CRJ2, CRJ9, ERJ190, MD80s/90, RJ100
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 am

SASViking wrote:
Sadly there won't be any


That's a bummer, was hoping for short promo hops. It was fun trying AY's A350 on GOT-HEL, their first A350 made a real Euro tour.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:51 am

Juneyao Airlines adds PVG–HEL–DUB route, 2 weekly year-round service eff March 29, 2020! The route has 5th freedom rights.

Dublin Airport
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:19 am

That's it: No long-haul operations from CPH and ARN by Norwegian as of March 2020. In addition to U.S routes, BKK and KBV will be gone.

Translated by Google Translate:
“We continuously evaluate our route network to ensure that we meet demand. We are experiencing increasing demand on our routes between the US and Europe and look forward to offering travelers on both sides of the Atlantic more choices and great prices. At the same time, we see that the long-distance market to and from Scandinavia is small, compared to large cities such as New York, London, Los Angeles, Paris and Rome. Scandinavia is not big enough to maintain intercontinental flights from both Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen, ”says Matthew Wood, Commercial Director of Norwegian.

In Danish:
“Vi evaluerer løbende vores rutenetværk for at sikre, at vi møder efterspørgslen. Vi oplever stigende efterspørgsel på vores ruter mellem USA og Europa og ser frem til at tilbyde rejsende på begge side af Atlanterhavet flere valgmuligheder og gode priser. Samtidig ser vi, at langdistancemarkedet til og fra Skandinavien er lille, sammenlignet med de store byer som New York, London, Los Angeles, Paris og Rom. Skandinavien er ikke stort nok til at opretholde interkontinentale flyvninger fra både Oslo, Stockholm og København,” siger Matthew Wood, der er kommerciel direktør i Norwegian.


This means a huge capacity drop in the Scandinavia–U.S market. Additionally, ARN loses a direct connection to California completely. Do you think SK will resume ARN–LAX at some point or could UA launch LAX/SFO–ARN?

Routes from OSL will continue.

Check-in.dk
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
Lingon
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:49 am

okobjorn wrote:
minilinde wrote:

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15


That is either one very fast or very slow A350 :lol:


It is just lacking the +1 on the arrival time ;)
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:09 am

QuawerAir wrote:
That's it: No long-haul operations from CPH and ARN by Norwegian as of March 2020. In addition to U.S routes, BKK and KBV will be gone.

Translated by Google Translate:
“We continuously evaluate our route network to ensure that we meet demand. We are experiencing increasing demand on our routes between the US and Europe and look forward to offering travelers on both sides of the Atlantic more choices and great prices. At the same time, we see that the long-distance market to and from Scandinavia is small, compared to large cities such as New York, London, Los Angeles, Paris and Rome. Scandinavia is not big enough to maintain intercontinental flights from both Oslo, Stockholm and Copenhagen, ”says Matthew Wood, Commercial Director of Norwegian.

In Danish:
“Vi evaluerer løbende vores rutenetværk for at sikre, at vi møder efterspørgslen. Vi oplever stigende efterspørgsel på vores ruter mellem USA og Europa og ser frem til at tilbyde rejsende på begge side af Atlanterhavet flere valgmuligheder og gode priser. Samtidig ser vi, at langdistancemarkedet til og fra Skandinavien er lille, sammenlignet med de store byer som New York, London, Los Angeles, Paris og Rom. Skandinavien er ikke stort nok til at opretholde interkontinentale flyvninger fra både Oslo, Stockholm og København,” siger Matthew Wood, der er kommerciel direktør i Norwegian.


This means a huge capacity drop in the Scandinavia–U.S market. Additionally, ARN loses a direct connection to California completely. Do you think SK will resume ARN–LAX at some point or could UA launch LAX/SFO–ARN?

Routes from OSL will continue.

Check-in.dk

Huge drop may be a bit of an exaggeration. It's mostly very low frequency flights that get cut. But of course it'll have an impact.

I doubt SK will resume ARN-LAX so soon after they announced it moving to CPH. The route will also get added capacity from CPH with daily flights and the A350 operating on some flights.
They also don't have an extra aircraft for it and the market from ARN is only getting smaller with added uncertainty about the Swedish economy and flygskam.
I doubt UA are interested in serving Scandinavia due to their TATL JV with LH Group and if they are, I'm sure the route will go to CPH, likely from IAH not anywhere else. The market from CPH is just bigger.
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:36 am

QuawerAir wrote:
Juneyao Airlines adds PVG–HEL–DUB route, 2 weekly year-round service eff March 29, 2020! The route has 5th freedom rights.

Dublin Airport

PVG–HEL–KEF to come as well: Frettabladid!
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
Blerg
Posts: 2617
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:35 pm

So how many planes will DY have stationed in ARN next summer? In a year they cut so much from there.
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:13 pm

So next summer HEL will be a Chinese 5th freedom heaven, let's enjoy it while it lasts ;)

Juneyao Airlines 789 PVG-HEL-MAN/DUB/KEF

Sichuan Airlines 333 CTU-HEL-CPH
 
Someone83
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:21 pm

After been parked since early October with cracked pickle fork, SAS today sendt LN-RPK for part-out and scrap

Boeing 737 -783 28317 500 LN-RPK SAS ferried 27nov19 OSL-ENS, for part-out &s crap
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:41 pm

So, given the changes today, the Nordic airports will have the following routes to the U.S:

CPH (8):
BOS, EWR, JFK, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX
(FLL, OAK gone)

OSL (7):
EWR, JFK, MCO, FLL, MIA, OAK, LAX

HEL (5):
JFK, ORD, MIA, SFO, LAX

ARN (3):
EWR, ORD, MIA
(JFK, MCO, FLL, OAK gone)

I don't list KEF here since there has been a lot of changes recently. Nevertheless, KEF would be number 1.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:59 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
So, given the changes today, the Nordic airports will have the following routes to the U.S:

CPH (8):
BOS, EWR, JFK, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX
(FLL, OAK gone)

OSL (7):
EWR, JFK, MCO, FLL, MIA, OAK, LAX

HEL (5):
JFK, ORD, MIA, SFO, LAX

ARN (3):
EWR, ORD, MIA
(JFK, MCO, FLL, OAK gone)

I don't list KEF here since there has been a lot of changes recently. Nevertheless, KEF would be number 1.

MCO gone from CPH too
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:17 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
So, given the changes today, the Nordic airports will have the following routes to the U.S:

CPH (8):
BOS, EWR, JFK, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX
(FLL, OAK gone)

OSL (7):
EWR, JFK, MCO, FLL, MIA, OAK, LAX

HEL (5):
JFK, ORD, MIA, SFO, LAX

ARN (3):
EWR, ORD, MIA
(JFK, MCO, FLL, OAK gone)

I don't list KEF here since there has been a lot of changes recently. Nevertheless, KEF would be number 1.


KEF (13):
ANC, BOS, DEN, EWR, IAD, JFK, MCO, MSP, ORD, PHL, PDX, SEA, SFO
(SFO ends in June)

It also has YYZ, YUL, YEG and YVR to Canada. Still an impressive network, even though the dropoff from 25+ destinations in S18 is obviously notable. The dropped destinations include BWI, DFW, MCI, TPA, DTW, LAX, PIT and STL. Some were exclusively served by WOW, others have been dropped by FI and in the case of DFW AA. It has been anticipated CLE might come back for FI once the MAX returns to service.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:09 pm

SRQKEF wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
So, given the changes today, the Nordic airports will have the following routes to the U.S:

CPH (8):
BOS, EWR, JFK, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX
(FLL, OAK gone)

OSL (7):
EWR, JFK, MCO, FLL, MIA, OAK, LAX

HEL (5):
JFK, ORD, MIA, SFO, LAX

ARN (3):
EWR, ORD, MIA
(JFK, MCO, FLL, OAK gone)

I don't list KEF here since there has been a lot of changes recently. Nevertheless, KEF would be number 1.


KEF (13):
ANC, BOS, DEN, EWR, IAD, JFK, MCO, MSP, ORD, PHL, PDX, SEA, SFO
(SFO ends in June)

It also has YYZ, YUL, YEG and YVR to Canada. Still an impressive network, even though the dropoff from 25+ destinations in S18 is obviously notable. The dropped destinations include BWI, DFW, MCI, TPA, DTW, LAX, PIT and STL. Some were exclusively served by WOW, others have been dropped by FI and in the case of DFW AA. It has been anticipated CLE might come back for FI once the MAX returns to service.

Thanks! I was a bit lazy to list destinations from KEF since the network is so extensive :lol: As said, KEF indeed has a very impressive network to North America! Regarding KEF–DFW, should FI reconsider it? For sure three carriers (FI, WW and AA) were too much but apparently there is demand for such route given that three carriers were willing to hop in. They possibly made each other's routes unprofitable.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
SRQKEF
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:23 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
SRQKEF wrote:
QuawerAir wrote:
So, given the changes today, the Nordic airports will have the following routes to the U.S:

CPH (8):
BOS, EWR, JFK, ORD, IAD, MIA, SFO, LAX
(FLL, OAK gone)

OSL (7):
EWR, JFK, MCO, FLL, MIA, OAK, LAX

HEL (5):
JFK, ORD, MIA, SFO, LAX

ARN (3):
EWR, ORD, MIA
(JFK, MCO, FLL, OAK gone)

I don't list KEF here since there has been a lot of changes recently. Nevertheless, KEF would be number 1.


KEF (13):
ANC, BOS, DEN, EWR, IAD, JFK, MCO, MSP, ORD, PHL, PDX, SEA, SFO
(SFO ends in June)

It also has YYZ, YUL, YEG and YVR to Canada. Still an impressive network, even though the dropoff from 25+ destinations in S18 is obviously notable. The dropped destinations include BWI, DFW, MCI, TPA, DTW, LAX, PIT and STL. Some were exclusively served by WOW, others have been dropped by FI and in the case of DFW AA. It has been anticipated CLE might come back for FI once the MAX returns to service.

Thanks! I was a bit lazy to list destinations from KEF since the network is so extensive :lol: As said, KEF indeed has a very impressive network to North America! Regarding KEF–DFW, should FI reconsider it? For sure three carriers (FI, WW and AA) were too much but apparently there is demand for such route given that three carriers were willing to hop in. They possibly made each other's routes unprofitable.


I certainly think it's possible - if 3 airlines thought it was sustainable, two of them daily and the other on an A330, there must surely be some room for a 3-5x weekly 757. But who knows, it looks like FI isn't really adding new destinations at the moment until they have more clarity on their fleet.
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:39 pm

Just noticed this tweet. Unless I misunderstood, it seems that Finnair has applied for slots at LGW for flights to HEL and obtained them! I'm really glad if so!
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:13 pm

minilinde wrote:
Schedule for first SK A350 (times are local):

Date Flight Dep Arr STD STA
2019-11-29 SK9154 TLS-CPH 12:00-14:00
2019-12-09 SK9228 CPH-ARN 21:30-22:45
2019-12-10 SK9227 ARN-OSL 21:00-22:05
2019-12-11 SK9227 OSL-CPH 21:30-22:45
2019-12-12 SK9280 CPH-BLL 14:00-14:45
2019-12-12 SK9281 BLL-BLL 15:05-15:35
2019-12-12 SK9282 BLL-BLL 15:55-16:25
2019-12-12 SK9283 BLL-BLL 16:45-17:15
2019-12-12 SK9284 BLL-BLL 17:35-18:05
2019-12-12 SK9285 BLL-CPH 18:25-18:15

It will fly to ARN and OSL for press. BLL are training, and will continue on weekdays during december and january, untill first revenue flight 28JAN to ORD.

Updated arrival time for SK9154 tommorow, 29 November, according to SAS. ETA is now 15:00 at CPH
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Bostrom
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:22 pm

SASViking wrote:
I doubt UA are interested in serving Scandinavia due to their TATL JV with LH Group and if they are, I'm sure the route will go to CPH, likely from IAH not anywhere else. The market from CPH is just bigger.


UA flies EWR-ARN seasonally.
 
User avatar
QuawerAir
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:26 pm

Bostrom wrote:
SASViking wrote:
I doubt UA are interested in serving Scandinavia due to their TATL JV with LH Group and if they are, I'm sure the route will go to CPH, likely from IAH not anywhere else. The market from CPH is just bigger.


UA flies EWR-ARN seasonally.

I wonder if UA would be interested in adding capacity to ARN now that DY has left the route.
ATL, AYT, FRA, FUE, HEL, JFK, LCA, LHR, MUC | AY, BA, DL, FH, LH, LO | A320, A321, A333, 752, 764, 772, 788
The word "Quawer" means nothing but it looks great.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:29 pm

Bostrom wrote:
SASViking wrote:
I doubt UA are interested in serving Scandinavia due to their TATL JV with LH Group and if they are, I'm sure the route will go to CPH, likely from IAH not anywhere else. The market from CPH is just bigger.


UA flies EWR-ARN seasonally.

I know, there should have been a "more" after Scandinavia which I forgot :white:
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Bostrom
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:35 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
I wonder if UA would be interested in adding capacity to ARN now that DY has left the route.


Maybe, Stockholm-New York has gone from four airlines a couple of years ago to just two so there might be demand for something bigger than a 757. But they might have to spend a bit of marketing to make it work.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:43 pm

SE-RSA, the first A350 for SAS, has now officially been handed over to SAS
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-r ... 0-xwb.html
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
ilari
Topic Author
Posts: 195
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:09 pm

QuawerAir wrote:
Just noticed this tweet. Unless I misunderstood, it seems that Finnair has applied for slots at LGW for flights to HEL and obtained them! I'm really glad if so!


That's what it says... It's been some 15 years or so since AY last did HEL-LGW.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2276
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:28 pm

SASViking wrote:
SE-RSA, the first A350 for SAS, has now officially been handed over to SAS
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-r ... 0-xwb.html


Congratulations SAS!

This is a big milestone.
 
Oykie
Posts: 1909
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:38 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
SASViking wrote:
SE-RSA, the first A350 for SAS, has now officially been handed over to SAS
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-r ... 0-xwb.html


Congratulations SAS!

This is a big milestone.



Yeah, this is a big milestone. Congratulations to SAS and Airbus. I am so looking forward to try out this airplane. I am already a fan of the A350, and SAS long haul product is already excellent. The combo will be fun :-D
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
MareBorealis
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Nordic Aviation - 2019

Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:08 pm

SASViking wrote:
SE-RSA, the first A350 for SAS, has now officially been handed over to SAS
https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-r ... 0-xwb.html


Congrats SAS! I'm really curious how the cabins look, high class design expected.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos